View Full Version : The legends best and worst fights

The Raging Bull
07-03-2006, 11:06 AM
This is the thread to post all the legendary boxers best and worst fights.

I'll start with muhammad ali

Best-Cleveland Williams- His movement and left jab are amazing and his technique is perfect in this fight. He was untouchable in this fight. The best ever.

Worst-Trevor Berbick- He was a shade of his former self. He fought like he had no life left in him. He was flat footed and his punches were slow. You can see that he was very ill during this fight.

Brockton Lip
07-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Muhammad Ali
Best - Cleveland Williams
Worst - Larry Holmes

Joe Louis
Best - Max Schmeling 2
Worst - Rocky Marciano

Rocky Marciano
Best - Joe Walcott II
Worst - Roland LaStarza I

Joe Frazier
Best - Muhammad Ali I
Worst - George Foreman I

K-DOGG
07-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Muhammad Ali
Best - Cleveland Williams
Worst - Larry Holmes

Joe Louis
Best - Max Schmeling 2
Worst - Rocky Marciano

Rocky Marciano
Best - Joe Walcott II
Worst - Roland LaStarza I

Joe Frazier
Best - Muhammad Ali I
Worst - George Foreman I

With Frazier, what about Jumbo Cummings?

Brockton Lip
07-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Yeah thats another bad one. Foreman destroyed him but he should've did better against Cummings; I suppose the blindness was an issue.

K-DOGG
07-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Yeah thats another bad one. Foreman destroyed him but he should've did better against Cummings; I suppose the blindness was an issue.

Okay, I'll bite. When did the blindness set in? I've heard that he was legallly blind in one of his eyes; but am unsure of when his vision went bad.

Brockton Lip
07-03-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm not certain but from what I gather it was becoming increasingly worse around the second fight with Ali. In the Thrilla in Manilla in 75, I hear he was practically blind in his left eye.

Hard Boiled HK
07-03-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm not certain but from what I gather it was becoming increasingly worse around the second fight with Ali. In the Thrilla in Manilla in 75, I hear he was practically blind in his left eye.

I'm not sure about this...I thought his vision was not well in one eye. I don't know about being blind. Anyone read his autobiography? He might mention it in the book.

blockhead
07-03-2006, 06:27 PM
joe frazier was "legally" blind in one eye for a significant part of his career.

Dempsey 1919
07-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Muhammad Ali
best-Williams or Folley
worst-Homes or Berbick

Joe Louis
best-B.BaerII or SimonII
worst-Charles or Marciano

Mike Tyson
best-Spinks or Berbick
worst-McBride or Williams

RockyMarcianofan00
07-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Muhammad Ali
best-Williams or Folley
worst-Homes or Berbick

Joe Louis
best-B.BaerII or SimonII
worst-Charles or Marciano

Mike Tyson
best-Spinks or Berbick
worst-McBride or Williams

I always thought he was pretty prime for Schmelling II then again I've heard Schmelling was less then Stellar for that fight....I'm not saying your wrong just giving my 2 sense

Dempsey 1919
07-04-2006, 12:21 AM
I always thought he was pretty prime for Schmelling II then again I've heard Schmelling was less then Stellar for that fight....I'm not saying your wrong just giving my 2 sense

well, Baer and simon rematches were his last two fights before going to the army, so that was his absolute prime. Plus he filled out in those fights. In the baer rematch he weighed 206 and in the simon rematch he weighed 207. He only weighed 199 in the schmeling rematch.

Yaman
07-04-2006, 05:48 AM
well, Baer and simon rematches were his last two fights before going to the army, so that was his absolute prime. Plus he filled out in those fights. In the baer rematch he weighed 206 and in the simon rematch he weighed 207. He only weighed 199 in the schmeling rematch.

Joe Louis was a mini heavyweight. People try to ignore the fact that size would be one of his downfalls.

Kid Canada
07-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Ray Leonard
best--1st fight with Hearns or Hagler
Worst--Terry Norris

osiris redd
04-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Sugar Ray Leonards best fight was Wilfredo Benitez, worst was Hector Comacho he really got punished that fight....