View Full Version : Documentary

Hard Boiled HK
07-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Has anyone seen the "When We Were Kings" documentary? Is it any good? Is it worth buying?

K-DOGG
07-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Has anyone seen the "When We Were Kings" documentary? Is it any good? Is it worth buying?

Not only yes; but Hell Yes!! It's one of the best boxing documentaries out there. Buy it.

Hard Boiled HK
07-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Not only yes; but Hell Yes!! It's one of the best boxing documentaries out there. Buy it.

Okay cool, next time I'm at Best Buy, I'll pick up a copy of the dvd.

K-DOGG
07-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Okay cool, next time I'm at Best Buy, I'll pick up a copy of the dvd.

You won't regret it. I rewatch my copy every so often and never get tired of it.

THE REAL NINJA
07-02-2006, 08:29 PM
i 2nd that also look out for [Fallen Champ the untold story of Mike Tyson ] this was right after he went to jail it has great interviews with Ms. Washington that make me feel that Mike may have not done it ....[Champions Forever] i'm sure you have seen, it has Ali, Holmes, Foreman, Frazier and Norton talking about the fights and has some great clips......[The Greatest Pound 4 Pound ] Bert Sugarand Bill Clayton are asked who was the best P4P fighter of all time, i think Bert says SRR Clayton has Duran but has great clips of old fights ....[Muhammad Ali The true life story of a legandry boxer] Great old clips his first pro fight , him sparring with Ingemar Johansson, Ali Vs Patterson fights lots of great stuff on this one

MR. V
07-02-2006, 08:52 PM
"When We Were Kings" :

which boxers are in this documentary. i feel ashamed cuz i watch anything having to do with boxing and i ve never heard of this dvd. can anybody explain. :cool: :confused: :(

THE REAL NINJA
07-02-2006, 09:40 PM
"When We Were Kings" :

which boxers are in this documentary. i feel ashamed cuz i watch anything having to do with boxing and i ve never heard of this dvd. can anybody explain. :cool: :confused: :(
it's a behind the scenes look at Ali Vs Foreman :) very good came out mid 90's

The Raging Bull
07-03-2006, 06:10 AM
I made this same thread in the lounge. I was told it was excellent and went out and bought it. I wasn't dissapointed!

ferocity
07-03-2006, 07:21 AM

its alright, i expected more but its alright. The best documatry i've seen of ali was the one where him and cus da'mato are disccusing alis career lots of great info and ali fight scenes. i forget what its called but its very famous.

THE REAL NINJA
07-03-2006, 02:35 PM
its alright, i expected more but its alright. The best documatry i've seen of ali was the one where him and cus da'mato are disccusing alis career lots of great info and ali fight scenes. i forget what its called but its very famous.
Damn i never heard of that one ... you sure it was Cus ?

K-DOGG
07-03-2006, 03:52 PM
i 2nd that also look out for [Fallen Champ the untold story of Mike Tyson ] this was right after he went to jail it has great interviews with Ms. Washington that make me feel that Mike may have not done it ....[Champions Forever] i'm sure you have seen, it has Ali, Holmes, Foreman, Frazier and Norton talking about the fights and has some great clips......[The Greatest Pound 4 Pound ] Bert Sugarand Bill Clayton are asked who was the best P4P fighter of all time, i think Bert says SRR Clayton has Duran but has great clips of old fights ....[Muhammad Ali The true life story of a legandry boxer] Great old clips his first pro fight , him sparring with Ingemar Johansson, Ali Vs Patterson fights lots of great stuff on this one

I wasn't too fond of "Fallen Champ"; but the others I recommend and will throw in "The Fight: One Nation Divisible" on the first Ali-Frazier fight; and if you want some older stuff, "AKA Cassius Clay" is worth owning.

ferocity
07-03-2006, 10:36 PM

yes, i got it in my collection. All this talk of ali, i may just watch it again. I've seen and studied this film tons of times in the past.

ferocity
07-03-2006, 10:37 PM

Ali also has a movie starring him, playing himself now i don't recall that name of this movie, i belive it also had the real ali fight too. I think it was Showtime who used to show these films.

Hitman Homer
07-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Muhammad Ali: The Whole Story is an excellent DVD 2 disc set. It's a documentary that basically covers his life and career. Lots of details on his fights. Good stuff.

THE REAL NINJA
07-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Ali also has a movie starring him, playing himself now i don't recall that name of this movie, i belive it also had the real ali fight too. I think it was Showtime who used to show these films.
i have it, it's called [the greatest] he was a lot of thing but an actor he was not...i do like that james earl jones is malcolm X in it

Toddy
07-05-2006, 04:31 PM
I hate wen threads like this start up because im from northern ireland and theres absolutely no where to buy things like these

Oasis_Lad
07-05-2006, 04:41 PM
I hate wen threads like this start up because im from northern ireland and theres absolutely no where to buy things like these

i'll download it and upload it for you if you want

Toddy
07-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Yea please thanks very much

Oasis_Lad
07-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Yea please thanks very much

ok i'll start downloading it now

MrTapout04
07-07-2006, 04:57 PM
i have the dvd and its worth buying definetly

Hard Boiled HK
07-07-2006, 09:51 PM
ok i'll start downloading it now

Are you downloading "When We Were Kings"?

THE REAL NINJA
07-15-2006, 01:46 AM
here's a scene form it i found on youtube more or less a james brown music vid lol ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8EUvURLB_E&search=when%20we%20were%20kings