View Full Version : What do you do when your depressed?

Crumble
07-01-2006, 05:51 PM
England have just crashed out on penalties, im about to embark on a marathon session movie watching and snack eating.

Hopefully in about three hours I will be in a maize induced coma.......... :bottle: <-----that also looks appealing lol.

what do you do?

Smokin'
07-01-2006, 05:52 PM
I drink, smoke, or sleep.

platinummatt
07-01-2006, 08:43 PM
get some jokes. its good to laugh and look at the beauty of the world around you

SonnyG8R
07-01-2006, 09:54 PM
I drink, smoke, or sleep.

Drinking and smoking make you even more depressed after you come down and sober up.

Rockin'
07-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Draw........or write.

Rockin' :boxing:

Verstyle
07-01-2006, 09:57 PM
beat up ppl :cool: :boxing: :boxing:

MR. V
07-01-2006, 10:14 PM
occupy yourself with something that interests u. if your bored of all that then find something new that interest u.
talking to a friend or relative is always helpful. i like working out when im depressed. that **** really makes me feel better afterwards, especially when i work out till my sore. :cool:

RAESAAD
07-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Just chill out for a bit.......watch a couple movies,smoke alittle herb and get a fair nights rest.......I do eat alot too. :dunno:

Smokin'
07-01-2006, 10:41 PM
this is kinda like an automatic reaction for me. If I'm feeling like **** I go as soon as I can and shoot some hoops by myself thinking about my problem(s). It really clears my head and enables me to think straight.

If that doesn't work I'll talk to a close friend or a parent or smoke some bud.

BrooklynBomber
07-01-2006, 11:08 PM
Listen to some music.
As Celeda says "Music is the answer"

* FeistyWench *
07-02-2006, 10:00 AM
England have just crashed out on penalties, im about to embark on a marathon session movie watching and snack eating.

Hopefully in about three hours I will be in a maize induced coma.......... :bottle: <-----that also looks appealing lol.

what do you do?
i listen to music, go for a drive...

* FeistyWench *
07-02-2006, 10:23 AM
about 10-15 years ago i admit i tended to drink when i was depressed and it ALWAYS made things MUCH worse. :o

Manfredo Jr
07-02-2006, 10:24 AM

what do you do?
go out with mates and have a good laugh :cool:

Papa Ace
07-02-2006, 10:25 AM
i havent been depressed for a long period of time and i guess i may never will :D

BrooklynBomber
07-02-2006, 10:27 AM
i havent been depressed for a long period of time and i guess i may never will :D
and what if a brick fell on a pacman's head?

RAESAAD
07-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Or maybe smoke a whole bunch of herb. I have never heard of an herbage overdose, so why not. Ah Raesaad?

You are right but I do get a little paranoid if I smoke too much and I am depressed.......I start to think about too many things.

BrooklynBomber
about 10-15 years ago i admit i tended to drink when i was depressed and it ALWAYS made things MUCH worse. :o
Alcohol never makes you happier, if you are depressed, if you in a bad mood, it makes it worse, if you in a good mood, on a contrary, it makes it better.

* FeistyWench *
that's awesome ace! you must have a great attitude about life.

* FeistyWench *
07-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Alcohol never makes you happier, if you are depressed, if you in a bad mood, it makes it worse, if you in a good mood, on a contrary, it makes it better.
of course you are right, but when you are 20, you don;t think about this before you start drinking. lol!

BrooklynBomber
07-02-2006, 10:32 AM
of course you are right, but when you are 20, you don;t think about this before you start drinking. lol!
Well, I am only 20, and realised it, when I was 15....
****, I had one hell of a crappy life. :(

* FeistyWench *
07-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Well, I am only 20, and realised it, when I was 15....
****, I had one hell of a crappy life. :(
ok...so many i did know it at 20, i just didn't care. lol! i convinced myself it would be better to drink because it would make me not care anymore.

Papa Ace
07-02-2006, 10:41 AM
that's awesome ace! you must have a great attitude about life.

well maybe you can say that. after youve been through really tough times in your life,..and managed to get over it.. you learn a lot. it also make you stronger. normal things that wouldve made me depressed doesnt struck me that much anymore.

added to the fact that i also got a great family and friends support also got me goin. i take on challenges i normally wouldnt do, but knowing you got backup, you now, even when you fell, they'll behind you to lift you back.

there would be always times in your life when you'll be down, being sad is part of it, but having to suffer is optional.

Papa Ace
07-02-2006, 10:42 AM
and what if a brick fell on a pacman's head?

i dont know about you kid.

* FeistyWench *
07-02-2006, 11:29 AM
well maybe you can say that. after youve been through really tough times in your life,..and managed to get over it.. you learn a lot. it also make you stronger. normal things that wouldve made me depressed doesnt struck me that much anymore.

added to the fact that i also got a great family and friends support also got me goin. i take on challenges i normally wouldnt do, but knowing you got backup, you now, even when you fell, they'll behind you to lift you back.

there would be always times in your life when you'll be down, being sad is part of it, but having to suffer is optional.
most clinically depressed people do not have support systems in place. they tend to feel helpless about their situation and do nothing pro-active to try to change it. they let little stressors build (become more overwhelming than it really is) and accumulate until they practically incapcitate the person.

but you are abolutely right...reminding yourself what you have been through and what you made it through and telling yourself that you can get through whatever it is currently depressing you (having a positive attitude and being proactive toward a solution)and having family and friends as supports certainly help!

SonnyG8R
07-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Listen to some music.
As Celeda says "Music is the answer"

Yeah me too.

Either that or masterbate. :D :p

K-DOGG
07-02-2006, 02:39 PM

what do you do?

Allow myself to sulk for a day or so...then make myself snap out of it.

K-DOGG
07-02-2006, 02:41 PM
most clinically depressed people do not have support systems in place. they tend to feel helpless about their situation and do nothing pro-active to try to change it. they let little stressors build (become more overwhelming than it really is) and accumulate until they practically incapcitate the person.

but you are abolutely right...reminding yourself what you have been through and what you made it through and telling yourself that you can get through whatever it is currently depressing you (having a positive attitude and being proactive toward a solution)and having family and friends as supports certainly help!

Good post. Remembering getting through hard times before is key to making yourself come out of it. A support network is also very helpful...they'll tell you when their tired of listening to your **** and when enough's enough.

HendrixLove
07-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Just play GTA San Andreas and destroy everything.

marvdave
07-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Either that or masterbate. :D :p

I only do that if I'm happy,sad,angry or horny.

Papa Ace
07-04-2006, 11:16 AM

well i guess youre the authority when it comes to this ey fiesty ;)

* FeistyWench *
07-04-2006, 02:19 PM
well i guess youre the authority when it comes to this ey fiesty ;)
i am beginning to think that depression is the "in thing" for pre-adolescents and adolescents. :eek:

most depression is situational and not clinical so it is easy enough to "work through"

Papa Ace
07-04-2006, 10:08 PM
i am beginning to think that depression is the "in thing" for pre-adolescents and adolescents. :eek:

most depression is situational and not clinical so it is easy enough to "work through"

yeah i think it is. but arent you getting tired of maybe sometimes repeating the same advice over and over again, even if its with different people. makes you wanna consider a hammer to come in handy :D

* FeistyWench *
07-05-2006, 05:14 PM
yeah i think it is. but arent you getting tired of maybe sometimes repeating the same advice over and over again, even if its with different people. makes you wanna consider a hammer to come in handy :D
definitely! lol!

the advice is actually different with kids, especially since i am currently working in a school setting. it is more of a problem-solving approach. luckily, i RARELY am NOT able to establish a relationship with kids. they trust me and sometimes they just need for someone to listen and care. sometimes, they need help learning how to solve their various issues.

for clinical depression, the best intervention is typically an anti-depressant coupled with consistent psychotherapy.

Papa Ace
07-06-2006, 04:24 AM
definitely! lol!

the advice is actually different with kids, especially since i am currently working in a school setting. it is more of a problem-solving approach. luckily, i RARELY am NOT able to establish a relationship with kids. they trust me and sometimes they just need for someone to listen and care. sometimes, they need help learning how to solve their various issues.

for clinical depression, the best intervention is typically an anti-depressant coupled with consistent psychotherapy.

do these kids happen to develop a crush on you or sumthin... :D

jjjjjjjjjjjuuuuusttt...askin... :D

* FeistyWench *
07-06-2006, 04:27 PM
do these kids happen to develop a crush on you or sumthin... :D

jjjjjjjjjjjuuuuusttt...askin... :D
some of the older kids flirt a bit and may have some sort of crush, i guess, because i look young. that stopped once i started to look pregnant though. lol!

Papa Ace
07-07-2006, 06:09 AM
some of the older kids flirt a bit and may have some sort of crush, i guess, because i look young. that stopped once i started to look pregnant though. lol!

i remember having a big crush on my fifth grade teacher, which was like decades ago.:D just recently i went to my old school to have a career talk with graduating students. when i saw her, i was WTF is this the same lady i used to have fantasies with before? :eek:

:D

* FeistyWench *
07-07-2006, 10:44 AM
i remember having a big crush on my fifth grade teacher, which was like decades ago.:D just recently i went to my old school to have a career talk with graduating students. when i saw her, i was WTF is this the same lady i used to have fantasies with before? :eek:

:D
i thought my 9th grade Health teacher was hot. he was 21 or 22 and a body builder (incredible body) and a really nice guy. there was a running joke how all the girls would fight to get in line to sign up for his class. the school fired him the next year. he never did anything inappropriate but he got lotsof propositions. lol!

BrooklynBomber
07-07-2006, 10:50 AM
definitely! lol!

Shock therapy is better :boxing:
I wonder, do they still use it in America

* FeistyWench *
07-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Shock therapy is better :boxing:
I wonder, do they still use it in America
not generally, but there are a few extremists out there who do some unorthodox therapies with the desperate people looking for any type of "Cure"

BrooklynBomber
07-07-2006, 10:54 AM
I never had a crush on any of my teachers.
I am missing out on a lot, right? :(
Thats funny though, cause I usually develop a crush on some girl, at least once every two months.
Then it is over in like a week, which says that crush is only a bunch of hormones acting up in your head.

* FeistyWench *
07-07-2006, 10:57 AM
I never had a crush on any of my teachers.
I am missing out on a lot, right? :(
Thats funny though, cause I usually develop a crush on some girl, at least once every two months.
Then it is over in like a week, which says that crush is only a bunch of hormones acting up in your head.
crushes on teacher are over-rated.
i never had a crush, i just thought one was hot cuz HE WAS. lol!

crushes are usually the result of an immediate physical attraction. they generally fade once you get to know the person. lol!

The Coagulator
07-07-2006, 12:56 PM

what do you do?

have coffee and smoke a bowl and dot my eyes with zine and fill my bird feeder and start a fire in the fire pit and think of all the blessings in my life...when I was young....ACID!

Papa Ace
07-08-2006, 04:20 AM
crushes on teacher are over-rated.
i never had a crush, i just thought one was hot cuz HE WAS. lol!

crushes are usually the result of an immediate physical attraction. they generally fade once you get to know the person. lol!

geez that explains it. but i still have a long standing crush on phoebe cates till now LOL!

http://members.tripod.com/~xxx123456/cates11a.jpg

Rockin'
07-08-2006, 09:23 AM
have coffee and smoke a bowl and dot my eyes with zine and fill my bird feeder and start a fire in the fire pit and think of all the blessings in my life...when I was young....ACID!

Got a little of everything going on there. How was the concert?

* FeistyWench *
07-08-2006, 10:03 AM
geez that explains it. but i still have a long standing crush on phoebe cates till now LOL!

http://members.tripod.com/~xxx123456/cates11a.jpg
i was so jealous of her as a kid. i wanted to look just like her in fast times at ridgemont high.

couldn;t see your pic though (some error)

Papa Ace
07-09-2006, 03:49 AM
i was so jealous of her as a kid. i wanted to look just like her in fast times at ridgemont high.

couldn;t see your pic though (some error)

oh, my bad :p here it is ...

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7416/cates116rn.jpg

Papa Ace
07-09-2006, 03:51 AM
its already 2006 but this girl is still hot! :eek:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9423/cates247to.jpg

* FeistyWench *
07-09-2006, 10:34 AM
its already 2006 but this girl is still hot! :eek:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9423/cates247to.jpg
she has a very young face - probably will always look young for her age.

Oasis_Lad
07-09-2006, 10:41 AM
nice tits

mine i mean! :D

* FeistyWench *
07-09-2006, 10:45 AM
nice tits

mine i mean! :D
i wouldn't know. you've never shared a pic! :(

Papa Ace
07-10-2006, 08:36 AM
i wouldn't know. you've never shared a pic! :(

definitle NOT looking forward to that :D

The Missing Lin
07-10-2006, 09:20 AM
I like to go shooting. It is a very good stress reliever. :cool:

* FeistyWench *
07-10-2006, 11:58 AM
I like to go shooting. It is a very good stress reliever. :cool:
definitely! :cool:

The Missing Lin
07-14-2006, 08:08 AM
Drink and screw. That wlways seems to make the world right. :)

phallus
07-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Drink and screw. That wlways seems to make the world right. :)

now u're talkin, when i have a bad day, i listen to music or masterbate, usually both

The Missing Lin
07-17-2006, 08:38 AM
now u're talkin, when i have a bad day, i listen to music or masterbate, usually both
Upbeat music + good ****. Can't top that!

The Missing Lin
07-17-2006, 08:40 AM
I dont know what she looks like now buy I always had a thing for her as well. I think I watched "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" about a thousand times - just to see her topless scene.

BrooklynBomber
07-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Ok, I just had my third day going out, and I am very tired and depressed(as usual, after 3 days of partying).Gotta go get some sleep, but I am very sad and cant go to sleep.

Papa Ace
07-17-2006, 11:15 AM
I dont know what she looks like now buy I always had a thing for her as well. I think I watched "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" about a thousand times - just to see her topless scene.

my first EVER search in google is - PHOEBE CATES NUDE

lmao! :D

Crumble
07-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Ok, I just had my third day going out, and I am very tired and depressed(as usual, after 3 days of partying).Gotta go get some sleep, but I am very sad and cant go to sleep.

I went out wednesday,saturday and sunday. It was defo too much. I feel really sick got obliterated yesterday and started crying in the cab on the way home because the garlic sauce ruined my chips....lol.

BrooklynBomber
07-17-2006, 01:30 PM
my first EVER search in google is - PHOEBE CATES NUDE

lmao! :D
Hey, hey, hey, we all went through this.
But I think that I was looking for nude pics of J.Lo

MANGLER
01-07-2010, 01:50 AM
Get *****, drink, listen to music, watch boxing, watch movies.