View Full Version : Favorite HBO Series

SonnyG8R
06-29-2006, 07:36 PM
What is your favorite HBO series ever. There have been so many I can't remember them all but maybe we can compile a list of all of them.

This can also be a place to discuss current shows like Deadwood, Big Love, Entourage, etc.

These are the ones listed on the HBO site:

The Sopranos
Big Love
Deadwood
Entourage
Lucky Louie
Dane Cook's Tourgasm
Real Time with Bill Maher
Rome
The Wire
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Six Feet Under
Extras
Epitafios
Sex and the City
Def Poetry
P. Diddy Presents The Bad Boys of Comedy
One Night Stand
Carnivāle
Da Ali G Show
Oz
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok what else was there?

Arli$$

Dream On

Tales From The Crypt

Band of Brothers - More of a mini series I guess.

The Larry Sanders Show

Mr. Show

Fraggle Rock :D

I think my all time favorites are The Sopranos, Deadwood, Sex and the City :o and Arli$$

* FeistyWench *
06-29-2006, 07:40 PM
What is your favorite HBO series ever. There have been so many I can't remember them all but maybe we can compile a list of all of them.

This can also be a place to discuss current shows like Deadwood, Big Love, Entourage, etc.

The Sopranos
Big Love
Deadwood
Entourage
Lucky Louie
Dane Cook's Tourgasm
Rome
The Wire
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Six Feet Under
Extras
Epitafios
Sex and the City
Def Poetry
One Night Stand
Carnivāle
Da Ali G Show
Oz

Ok what else was there?

Arli$$

Dream On

Tales From The Crypt

The Larry Sanders Show

Mr. Show

I think my all time favorites are The Sopranos, Deadwood, Sex and the City :o and Arli$$
2 very favorites are sopranos & sex & the city
other favs:
OZ
Dream On
Arliss
Larry Sanders

but i haven't had HBO in a LONG time.

SonnyG8R
06-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Dream On was great back in the day. :D

* FeistyWench *
06-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Dream On was great back in the day. :D
maybe you could tape some deadwood for me one of these days (since you have on demand) and don't forget you owe me some more sopranos. i only got the first 5 episodes from you. i want more damn it! lol! ;) :D

Dirt E Gomez
06-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Deadwood, followed closely by Entourage.

I like the Sopranos but basically after season 1 it's just been getting worse. It's tough to follow up season 1 since it was so ridiculously good.

* FeistyWench *
06-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Deadwood, followed closely by Entourage.

I like the Sopranos but basically after season 1 it's just been getting worse. It's tough to follow up season 1 since it was so ridiculously good.
i haven't seen either of those.

Dirt E Gomez
06-29-2006, 08:11 PM
i haven't seen either of those.

Bit torrent is a wonderful thing, get downloading.

MetalVomit
06-29-2006, 08:12 PM

**** Dirt, you beat me to it. I was going to put up an Ari avatar. That guy is ****ing classic. I dont think the show would survive without him.

neils7147933
06-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Carnivale by a long shot...

* FeistyWench *
06-29-2006, 08:16 PM
i say, "i don't have bit torrent" and
dirt says, "sucks to be you"
and i say, "yes, i know..."

Dirt E Gomez
06-29-2006, 08:16 PM
**** Dirt, you beat me to it. I was going to put up an Ari avatar. That guy is ****ing classic. I dont think the show would survive without him.

I've been a fan of Jeremy Piven before most people knew who he was. PCU was one of my favorite movies of '94.

Dirt E Gomez
06-29-2006, 08:20 PM
i say, "i don't have bit torrent" and
dirt says, "sucks to be you"
and i say, "yes, i know..."

That's how it'd go, but it'd follow up with me saying:

http://www.bittorrent.com/index.html

After getting bittorrent then go to www.isohunt.com and www.mininova.org for all of your downloading needs.

Oh, and sucks to be you, for sure.

TheHoff!
06-29-2006, 08:35 PM
I cant decide between The Wire or Deadwood. Hmmm probably deadwood as that seems to just be getting better whereas I didnt like the 3rd series of the wire as much as the second.

The Sopranos has steadily been getting worse for the last few series. They seem to be running out of ideas which for me was proved by them spending almost an entire episode on abstract dream sequences...which they've done a couple of times in the last two series if i remember right.

MetalVomit
06-29-2006, 08:48 PM
I've been a fan of Jeremy Piven before most people knew who he was. PCU was one of my favorite movies of '94.

Oh man, that movie is ****ing GREAT! I think I need to pick that **** up, I'll bet I can get it on DVD dirt cheap on amazon.

MR. V
06-29-2006, 08:50 PM
entourage gets my vote. ;)

blockhead
06-29-2006, 09:53 PM
tales from the crypt, dream on

and for the new ones
carnivale

Explosivo
06-30-2006, 11:24 AM
I like Sopranos the best followed by Curb Your Enthusiasm and then Ali G. They are all good though...

RAESAAD
06-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Sopranos followed very closely by Entourage.... :cool:

Mr. Ryan
06-30-2006, 06:28 PM
I really like Oz and Da Ali G Show, but the current crop of HBO shows aren't that good IMO. I just can't get into Big Love, Enterouge, or Deadwood. Sopranos and Larry David are also good shows.

The Noose
06-30-2006, 06:53 PM
The Sopranos has steadily been getting worse for the last few series. They seem to be running out of ideas which for me was proved by them spending almost an entire episode on abstract dream sequences...which they've done a couple of times in the last two series if i remember right.

Im really surprised by people saying the sopranos is or has been getting worse. I disagrre, but thats me.

Plus i love the dream sequences, they have been done better than almost every other dream sequence ive seen in any film or show.

BTW, The sopranos is brilliant to watch wen stoned, dreams or no dreams. There is so much going on under 'the surface'.

oldgringo
07-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Entourage is my favorite show on TV. Ari Gold is one of the funniest tv characters ever.

I forgot this lounge existed!

SonnyG8R
07-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Entourage is my favorite show on TV. Ari Gold is one of the funniest tv characters ever.

I forgot this lounge existed!

Thanks for posting Gringo. This is now the premier lounge on the internet. :cool:

SonnyG8R
07-05-2006, 02:20 AM
Man Deadwood just keeps getting better.

Bullock is the biggest badass ever.

Looks like Doc Cochoran isn't going to make it much longer.

Meanwhile I'm looking forward to the standoff between Dan and the Captain.

The Missing Lin
07-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Carnivale by a long shot...
I have to agree. I cannot remember the last time I was hooked by a TV show like I was hooked by Carnivale.

BBKing
07-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Man Deadwood just keeps getting better.

Bullock is the biggest badass ever.

Looks like Doc Cochoran isn't going to make it much longer.

Meanwhile I'm looking forward to the standoff between Dan and the Captain.

Wow! That was crazy!

Explosivo
07-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Sounds like I need to start watching Deadwood. I have had HBO for years but have never watched that show. Im not sure why it doesnt appeal to me even though I like westerns.

Did anyone see Lucky Louie last night? I thought it was the funniest episode so far.

RAESAAD
07-10-2006, 01:44 PM
Sounds like I need to start watching Deadwood. I have had HBO for years but have never watched that show. Im not sure why it doesnt appeal to me even though I like westerns.

Did anyone see Lucky Louie last night? I thought it was the funniest episode so far.
I have not watched Deadwood either but have heard it was good.Some shows I start and if they don't catch me right away I never even try them again.......I guess sometimes thats my loss.

jason100x
07-10-2006, 11:39 PM
For me, Deadwood is my favorite with Oz and Sopranos running right behind.

Verstyle
07-10-2006, 11:51 PM
why isnt curb not gettin enough love. thats 1 funny ass show

The Missing Lin
07-11-2006, 08:21 AM
.Did anyone see Lucky Louie last night? I thought it was the funniest episode so far.
This show is getting better and better with every episode.

The Coagulator
07-17-2006, 12:50 PM

The Sopranos
Big Love
Deadwood
Entourage
Lucky Louie
Dane Cook's Tourgasm
Rome
The Wire
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Six Feet Under
Extras
Epitafios
Sex and the City
Def Poetry
One Night Stand
Carnivāle
Da Ali G Show
Oz

Ok what else was there?

Arli$$

Dream On

Tales From The Crypt

The Larry Sanders Show

Mr. Show

Lucky Louie...that's the funniest show in a long time...I think I releate well to the characters...my sense of humor is a lot like them and I think most guys will love this show...although my wife who hates most of the things I love, loves this show...go figure...

jason100x
07-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Lucky Louie is a good show. I've only seen a few episodes but it is funny. Plus the wife on that show is easy to look at. I remember her from a lot of late '80s and early '90s shows and B-movies such as The Gate 2.

The Coagulator
07-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Lucky Louie is a good show. I've only seen a few episodes but it is funny. Plus the wife on that show is easy to look at. I remember her from a lot of late '80s and early '90s shows and B-movies such as The Gate 2.

just wonderin' looks like a spinner

SHADYV1
07-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Entourage, best show ever.

Fenix
07-31-2007, 04:48 PM
Where's The Wire!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

5. Curb Your Enthusiasm
4. Six Feet Under
3. The Sopranos
2. Entourage
1. The Wire

LIU KANG
08-01-2007, 07:45 PM
The best was Curb Your Enthusiasm, they have a new season coming out! YAY..

But Sex and the City, Big Love, and Carnivale were ones I never wanted to miss :)

Also I didn't see on your list "Mind of the Married man" which was also good but lasted only 1 season :(

crillz
08-02-2007, 08:46 AM
The Wire hands down, Oz second but other than the Sopranos there was no realer show than The Wire, even still The Sopranos wasn't better because The Wire was based on the streets, real **** based on real people and it was more believeable cuz they casted real street people with no prior acting skills, thats what made it vivid, wait till late 07/ early 08 for season 5 and you will see why The Wire is not just the best show on HBO but on TV period..

msagrain
08-02-2007, 01:01 PM
wtf is band of brothers? how can you miss that out

bishop2006
08-02-2007, 06:05 PM
The Wire wins by TKO over all shows,its a masterpiece,this is coming from a HUGE HUGE Sopranos fan,but The Wire is the greatest TV show ive watched,its so realistic its crazy

Darkstar
08-02-2007, 06:39 PM
HBO on demand is great. The werid thing is almost every HBO series i watch i like. But i dont watch but a few. Without a doubt the Wire is #1. Curb Your Enthusiasm is as funny as it gets. Entourage is tight as **** but i think the show is kinda going down. I should try to follow a few more. like maybe deadwood, i hear nothing but good things about it.

McNulty
08-02-2007, 07:08 PM
I voted OTHER cuz The Wire wasnt on there.

LIU KANG
08-02-2007, 09:45 PM
All Oz ever showed was teh gheys.. :ugh:

siablo14
08-02-2007, 09:53 PM
the wire, then entourage

SAN D13GO VILLAN
08-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Bring back Carnivale!!!

LIU KANG
08-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Bring back Carnivale!!!