View Full Version : summer vacations?

* FeistyWench *
06-29-2006, 01:04 PM
anyone doing anything or going anywhere cool this summer?

or has anyone gone anywhere or done anything fun recently?

i HAVE to live vicariously cuz i'm too pregnant to go anywhere or do anything real fun. :o

Oasis_Lad
06-29-2006, 01:05 PM
i hate flying so i hate going on holiday :(

Crumble
06-29-2006, 01:06 PM
im going to Ireland to work on my granuncles farm for a few months...should be fun. If its not im going home. I used to be scared of cows I think I'm over that now.

RAESAAD
06-29-2006, 01:06 PM
I wish I was.I was actually planning on visiting my family in NH and MA in Sept but some **** has come up at work and it looks bleak.........I just got back from a great weekend at a Dude Ranch tho.I saw my first Rodeo and bought a Cowboy hat and all kinds of ****.It was actually very fun and I was very skeptical at first.

BrooklynBomber
06-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Planning to leave for Ibiza.

K-DOGG
06-29-2006, 02:53 PM
im going to Ireland to work on my granuncles farm for a few months...should be fun. If its not im going home. I used to be scared of cows I think I'm over that now.

:confused: You were scared of cows?! :rofl: I'm sorry, dude; but that's just funny to me. My uncle used to have a couple of farms, one for beef cattle...herfords, and one for hay. There was one young bull that used to give me a hard time; but he got "snipped" into a steer. The cows though...well...that's just funny to me. No offense. :D

Crumble
06-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Cows are big home boy lol.

K-DOGG
06-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Cows are big home boy lol.

LOL!!! True; but they sure do taste good. ;)

* FeistyWench *
06-29-2006, 03:58 PM
lol! cows are cool and fairly harmless.

bring in ireland on a farm would be awesome.
i imagine there are many parts of it that are just beautiful!

* FeistyWench *
06-29-2006, 04:00 PM
i hate flying so i hate going on holiday :(
well, you could drive or go by train.

and i don;t just mean going on holiday. i also mean just doing fun stuff like going to a concert/gig or just doing soemthing you are really "into" (like sky diving, backpacking across the country, visiting some museum or historical site, etc.)

* FeistyWench *
06-29-2006, 04:01 PM
I wish I was.I was actually planning on visiting my family in NH and MA in Sept but some **** has come up at work and it looks bleak.........I just got back from a great weekend at a Dude Ranch tho.I saw my first Rodeo and bought a Cowboy hat and all kinds of ****.It was actually very fun and I was very skeptical at first.
sounds great! not everybody does something like that.
if you went with some friends, i imagine it was a lot of fun. :cool: :D

Crumble
06-29-2006, 04:04 PM
lol! cows are cool and fairly harmless.

bring in ireland on a farm would be awesome.
i imagine there are many parts of it that are just beautiful!

yeah I guess, not that im really into that kind of thing, when I was younger I just liked driving the tractor to the shops to look cool.

K-DOGG
06-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Oh, if anyone on here has a chance to go by train or has never thought about it...let me highly recommend it. My wife and I took our honeymoon on AmTrak on a crosscountry train ride from Chicago to Portland on the Empire builder. Let me tell you, there is nothing like it. Looking out the window as the landscape changes is phenominal. I only wish we'd had more time so we could have gotten off in some of the little towns and cities along the way. We did get to stop in Shelby, MO, which excited me as a boxing fan...'course she thought I was nuts. :D But, seeing the plains and buttes of the Dakota's, the Rockies in Colorado, the hills and geography of Washington and Oregon...absolutely breathtaking.

Go By Train...if you ever get a chance; but make sure you get a sleeping compartment. It feels like you're sailing on the land.

* FeistyWench *
06-29-2006, 04:11 PM
Oh, if anyone on here has a chance to go by train or has never thought about it...let me highly recommend it. My wife and I took our honeymoon on AmTrak on a crosscountry train ride from Chicago to Portland on the Empire builder. Let me tell you, there is nothing like it. Looking out the window as the landscape changes is phenominal. I only wish we'd had more time so we could have gotten off in some of the little towns and cities along the way. We did get to stop in Shelby, MO, which excited me as a boxing fan...'course she thought I was nuts. :D But, seeing the plains and buttes of the Dakota's, the Rockies in Colorado, the hills and geography of Washington and Oregon...absolutely breathtaking.

Go By Train...if you ever get a chance; but make sure you get a sleeping compartment. It feels like you're sailing on the land.
i agree!
but make sure it's a sleeping compartment with a proper door.
i had one once and it was just a curtain. made me feel a bit unsafe. :o

* FeistyWench *
06-29-2006, 04:12 PM
yeah I guess, not that im really into that kind of thing, when I was younger I just liked driving the tractor to the shops to look cool.
yea, i guess it depends on what you will be doing.
getting up at 4 AM to go milk the cows or to shovel horse poo would not be my idea of fun either. though i would love to do some sightseeing...see some irish castles or something.

K-DOGG
06-29-2006, 04:14 PM
i agree!
but make sure it's a sleeping compartment with a proper door.
i had one once and it was just a curtain. made me feel a bit unsafe. :o

LOL!!! How much you wanna bet you did have a door? On our first night on the train...the innitail "wedding night", we thought all we had was a curtain, too. Turns out the door was just slid all the way in and we didn't know any better.

I'm sure glad we changed trains in Chicago. :rolleyes:

* FeistyWench *
06-29-2006, 04:17 PM
LOL!!! How much you wanna bet you did have a door? On our first night on the train...the innitail "wedding night", we thought all we had was a curtain, too. Turns out the door was just slid all the way in and we didn't know any better.

I'm sure glad we changed trains in Chicago. :rolleyes:
oh ****! lmao! i bet it did have a door!
i used hat damn curtain the whole time!
thank god nothing bad ever happened! :eek:
it is really romantic.
but it was just me in the room at the time, but
i imagine if i had a significant other with me, we
would have kept everyone up~! ;)

K-DOGG
06-29-2006, 04:21 PM
oh ****! lmao! i bet it did have a door!
i used hat damn curtain the whole time!
thank god nothing bad ever happened! :eek:
it is really romantic.
but it was just me in the room at the time, but
i imagine if i had a significant other with me, we
would have kept everyone up~! ;)

Hell, even with the door, those rooms aren't soundproof. On the return trip from Portland, we got a couple of those "looks"..not bad, just looks of "uh, huh" ;)

I will say this, though...the motion of the train makes things...urm...Interesting. :D

All innuendos aside, it was romantic and we both want to do it again some day. If we could, we'd do it once a year.

* FeistyWench *
06-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Hell, even with the door, those rooms aren't soundproof. On the return trip from Portland, we got a couple of those "looks"..not bad, just looks of "uh, huh" ;)

I will say this, though...the motion of the train makes things...urm...Interesting.
All innuendos aside, it was romantic and we both want to do it again some day. If we could, we'd do it once a year.
lol! i am sure you had such a good time you couldn't give a rat's ass about the looks. lol! :o

yea, i would love to go on again with my hubby :D
maybe earn a few "looks" ;)

Bonafide
06-29-2006, 04:29 PM

I did the same thing on my honeymoon ! We took the Rocky Mountain Rail tour from Vancouver throught the Canadian Rockies passing through Jasper, Banff and ending up in Calgary Alberta. Breathtaking scenery and awsome on board commentary. I never thought riding a train would be that fun.

K-DOGG
06-29-2006, 04:31 PM
lol! i am sure you had such a good time you couldn't give a rat's ass about the looks. lol! :o

yea, i would love to go on again with my hubby :D
maybe earn a few "looks" ;)

Do it! You guys'll love it, I promise....looks and all. ;)

marvdave
06-30-2006, 09:37 AM

I've never gone long distance, but I take the boys on the train locally for days trips,etc...very fun stuff

MANGLER
01-10-2010, 12:27 AM
I ain't plannin **** as of now. I'm savin $ to buy a house. I don't **** wit vacations much. Nothin special to do that really interests me. Just spend $ to travel somewhere to drink and **** my woman when I can do that right here at home for free.