View Full Version : 250lb Marciano, Most Powerful of All Time?

Brockton Lip
06-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Heres some controversy for everyone.
It has been said time and time again by Rocky haters that he has overrated power and is not nearly as strong as alot of heavyweights because of his small stature (I disagree but thats beside the point). Well then, think about this.
Marciano fought Ali in the computer fight and rumor has it that Rocky knocked him down and out with a strong shot to the body (we've all heard this). But many wonder if its true. Marciano was out of shape, aged, and 300 pounds before the fight. He got into shape and dropped down to 250 pounds for his fight with Ali. Anyone that knows boxing knows that power is the last thing to leave a fighter.
Rocky still had the technique and knowledge to throw the punches that made him so powerful, he was older but that didn't matter much, but he was about 50 pounds heavier and determined. So I ask this:
Is the 250 pound Rocky Marciano that fought the 'Superfight' with Ali, the hardest hitter of all time?

Southpaw Stinger
06-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Is the 250 pound Rocky Marciano that fought the 'Superfight' with Ali, the hardest hitter of all time?

Nope..........

That knockdown thing was a rumour. Besides, Ali was not in shape for the fight, Rocky trained for it like it was a real fight and Ali wasn't taking it seriously. 250 lbs is too heavy for Marciano and i think it would hinder his whole body movement for his most powerful shots.
190 lbs young Marciano hits harder than 250 lbs old Marciano.

SABBATH
06-27-2006, 02:02 PM
So I ask this:
So I ask this:

Are you drunk, stoned or both?

Brockton Lip
06-27-2006, 02:05 PM
So I ask this:

Are you drunk, stoned or both?

lol :D
Bored and tired.

Southpaw Stinger
06-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Bored and tired.

You ain't the only one. At the moment my womans like an Antique shop - always ****ing closed!

abdiel2k3
06-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Lol
u guys hear urslef?
comp generated crap?
300lb rocky vs ali
no one knows and that comp has no better idea then anyone else

Kid Canada
06-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Hell, the 220lbs me knocked out Ali on the new EA sports fight night round3, so I think I`m the most powerful of all time.

K-DOGG
06-27-2006, 02:29 PM
It has been said time and time again by Rocky haters that he has overrated power and is not nearly as strong as alot of heavyweights because of his small stature (I disagree but thats beside the point). Well then, think about this.
Marciano fought Ali in the computer fight and rumor has it that Rocky knocked him down and out with a strong shot to the body (we've all heard this). But many wonder if its true. Marciano was out of shape, aged, and 300 pounds before the fight. He got into shape and dropped down to 250 pounds for his fight with Ali. Anyone that knows boxing knows that power is the last thing to leave a fighter.
Rocky still had the technique and knowledge to throw the punches that made him so powerful, he was older but that didn't matter much, but he was about 50 pounds heavier and determined. So I ask this:

Uh...Marciano weighed 200 Lbs against Ali.

micky_knox
06-27-2006, 03:21 PM
the super fight was acted out..none of it was real.........it has at least 2 endings 1 with each boxer winning

why would anybody take anything about it seriously?

its just a bit of fun

The Noose
06-27-2006, 03:52 PM
I lke the fact that the story of a fat wig wearing Rocky pretending to throw punches at Ali still is discussed.

Does a 40 year old Rocky beat a 40 year old Foreman?

RockyMarcianofan00
06-27-2006, 03:59 PM
To answer the question in the title...Yes if he was a natrual 250lbs....If he was about 6'4 or 6'5 and natrually 250 then yes..or even if he was 6'1 or 6'2 and that was mostly muscle then I'd still say yes but during the computer fight I don't believe so....

sleazyfellow
06-27-2006, 04:07 PM
250 pound marciano hardest puncher of all time? no how about 400 pound buster douglas the hardest puncher ever.....or idk, this topic is weird, so u think just cause he weighed more...he became super marciano?

Southpaw Stinger
06-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Does a 40 year old Rocky beat a 40 year old Foreman?

Not a chance.

Yaman
06-27-2006, 04:24 PM
so u think just cause he weighed more...he became super marciano?

I laughed out loud. Super marciano hahahaha.

hemichromis
06-27-2006, 04:25 PM
in the comp fight ali went down from less punishment than he took from forema or shavers, maricano was very powerful his punches and probably close in power to shavers and foreman

Southpaw Stinger
06-27-2006, 04:27 PM
I love the way people talk about the comp fight as though it was a real match! Ali wern't even in shape for it.

The Noose
06-27-2006, 04:28 PM
in the comp fight ali went down from less punishment than he took from forema or shavers, maricano was very powerful his punches and probably close in power to shavers and foreman

The computer performance WAS NOT A REAL FIGHT.

And says absolutly NOTHING about wat would of happened if they had met in the ring for real.

Hard Boiled HK
06-27-2006, 04:29 PM
First of all, the whole thing was just an act. They did not try to hurt each other ok? Ali taught Marciano how to throw the punch to make the knockout realistic, without much editing for that scene. And as someone pointed out earlier, there were two endings: One for the United States and one for Europe. I can't believe how people can actually use this "fight" to make a comparision between Ali and Marciano, and a lot of them are serious about it too.

RockyMarcianofan00
06-27-2006, 05:24 PM
First of all, the whole thing was just an act. They did not try to hurt each other ok? Ali taught Marciano how to throw the punch to make the knockout realistic, without much editing for that scene. And as someone pointed out earlier, there were two endings: One for the United States and one for Europe. I can't believe how people can actually use this "fight" to make a comparision between Ali and Marciano, and a lot of them are serious about it too.
The computer fight wasn't real and honestly nobody is saying its real....The topic had to do with weight, it just happened to be the weight Marciano was during the Superfight....

Ok the only reason there were multiple endings to the fight was because in order for the computer to put the fight together it needed an ending, whatever ending it picked they needed a filmed copy of it, and they couldn't ask the 2 of them to come back in some weeks/months later (Marciano died before the film premiered anyway)......Now they had six different endings...Marciano by KO ,Marciano by TKO,Marciano by Decision, Ali by Ko,Ali by TKO, Ali by Devision....THE ONLY ONE USED was Marciano by KO... all the others were scrapped...

The ending seen in Europe was not even an ending, during one of the last round (12th I believe) a "doctor" came in to check Marciano's cuts. Now in the American version the doctor left and the fight continued for I think one more round and Rocky KO'd Ali....But in Europe when the doctor checked Rocky's cuts it said Ali won by TKO...

My Synopsis-
This fight wasn't real and it also wasn't fair to Ali and in a sense it was very fair...It was unfair because at the time Ali's entire career wasn't in the computer..though may have been believed so at the time...But it may have been more fair to Ali because at the time Ali was undefeated as was Marciano...

Southpaw Stinger
06-27-2006, 05:27 PM
This fight wasn't real and it also wasn't fair to Ali and in a sense it was very fair...It was unfair because at the time Ali's entire career wasn't in the computer..though may have been believed so at the time...But it may have been more fair to Ali because at the time Ali was undefeated as was Marciano...

And wasn't Ali hated during that time as well?

RockyMarcianofan00
06-27-2006, 05:51 PM
And wasn't Ali hated during that time as well?
eh I think he was more hated later on....

Mr. Ryan
06-27-2006, 05:59 PM
The physically strongest fighter of all time is George Foreman. The guy was blowing people out with arm punches and lifting cows over his ****ing head.

Southpaw Stinger
06-27-2006, 06:08 PM

I thought he was liked more later on. Wasn't it filmed shortly after he refused the draft?

RockyMarcianofan00
06-27-2006, 06:28 PM
it was filmed in I believe 69' (because Marciano died that year) and it wasn't aired until I believe 70' but see I think he was hated more later on in like 71' until like 84'....

Southpaw Stinger
06-27-2006, 06:34 PM
it was filmed in I believe 69' (because Marciano died that year) and it wasn't aired until I believe 70' but see I think he was hated more later on in like 71' until like 84'....

No Ali became much more popular during the early 70's. When he made his comeback in 1970 he was known as the "Peoples Champion". There was a huge anti war protest that sprung up and Ali became very popular because of his stance on the war.
The late 60's were the worst years for Ali.

Hard Boiled HK
06-27-2006, 06:37 PM
No no, Ali was hated already. It was filmed during his exile, and by the time he came back to the ring the Vietnam War was extremely unpopular and disliked. Rocky, you should read "The Greatest" because there is a nice section that talks about how Ali got along with Marciano, and Marciano said when the film goes out in the theater, he's gonna tell everyone it's all bull**** since the producers made it sound like it's a real fight. Marciano did literally said it's bull****. Unfortunately, Marciano never got the chance to tell the public.

Edit: this post is in reply to Rocky's post, not Southpaw's. You were a few minutes ahead of me, Southpaw.

Southpaw Stinger
06-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Edit: this post is in reply to Rocky's post, not Southpaw's. You were a few minutes ahead of me, Southpaw.

I'm so fast!

RockyMarcianofan00
06-27-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm aware that Rocky and Ali got along...Ali always called Rocky champ and Rocky never disrespected Ali...though I've never heard of Rocky saying its all bull****...

Parody
06-27-2006, 07:11 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M0mMpZs6RZM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M0mMpZs6RZM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

made by a computer...in "reality" Ali would Knock him out or decision him

Southpaw Stinger
06-27-2006, 07:17 PM

Definatly.

And Ali wasn't fighting like Ali in that, if you get what I'm saying.

RockyMarcianofan00
06-27-2006, 07:19 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M0mMpZs6RZM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M0mMpZs6RZM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Yea ok
only two people were able to knock him down
but Ali's gunna Knock him out...Marciano isn't Foreman he's not gunna get tired and get knocked out...Foreman was only KO'd by Ali because he got tired..Marciano had more stamina then Foreman..Now decision I could see but KO..come on what world are you living in...

Southpaw Stinger
06-27-2006, 07:23 PM
He might mean a TKO.

RockyMarcianofan00
06-27-2006, 07:25 PM
He might mean a TKO.
Even thats more likely then a KO

Parody
06-27-2006, 08:01 PM
dude...Prime foreman would beat Marciano badly. do you really think Marciano can beat the George Foreman who finished Frazier and Norton?

Parody
06-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Yea ok
only two people were able to knock him down
but Ali's gunna Knock him out...Marciano isn't Foreman he's not gunna get tired and get knocked out...Foreman was only KO'd by Ali because he got tired..Marciano had more stamina then Foreman..Now decision I could see but KO..come on what world are you living in...

If two aged fighters were able to knock him down, then yeah Prime Ali would definately knock him out or stop him, how old were those fighters again when they knocked him down?

phallus
06-27-2006, 08:09 PM

this 45 year old marciano ain't the same as the one that knocked out walcott and louis, rocky looks old and slow in this film...the film is a joke, it makes the rock look bad, find a clip of the young rocky knocking louis out with a single right cross or walcott getting KTFO'd by the same punch...the young rock had skills, he moved his head

Hard Boiled HK
06-27-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm aware that Rocky and Ali got along...Ali always called Rocky champ and Rocky never disrespected Ali...though I've never heard of Rocky saying its all bull****...

It was quoted in the book.

RockyMarcianofan00
06-27-2006, 10:12 PM
It was quoted in the book.
I'm not saying your wrong but let me ask you...when was the book published?

SABBATH
06-27-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm not saying your wrong but let me ask you...when was the book published?
"If all this bull**** don't come out right, I'm gonna blast it to kingdom come. We'll get together on it."-Rocky Marciano Page 299 The Greatest copyright 1975

Hard Boiled HK
06-27-2006, 10:35 PM
I think 1975.

Hard Boiled HK
06-27-2006, 10:36 PM
ha thanks Sabbath, you were like 30 seconds ahead of me.

RockyMarcianofan00
06-27-2006, 10:44 PM
If two aged fighters were able to knock him down, then yeah Prime Ali would definately knock him out or stop him, how old were those fighters again when they knocked him down?
Two aged fighters never knocked him down...
Prime Walcott used the same hook that knocked down Joe Louis and Ezzard Charles....and Marciano was down for a two count so it wasn't much of a knockdown...

Moore knocked him down when he was off balance...on top of that Marciano's last two fights (****ell and moore) he didn't train for at 100%....

IMO- Prime Ali didn't have the punching power of a Prime Walcott or a Moore....Proof to back this up---Walcott was respectively known to have quite a hard hit (not a Marciano punch but a hit that could KO someone easy).....Moore had more KO's then any other fighter which should show you that he had quite a punch himself...Note when he fought Ali he was no where near his prime...Heck when he fought Marciano he wasn't even prime but he was closer to his prime when he fought Rocky...Note that Moore fought Ali in I believe 62' and he fought Rocky in 55' and Moore was prime in I believe 1946'-to around the early to mid 50's (1954) but this is just my opinion...

Like I said he wasn't prime for the Marciano fight but he wasn't far off it...He still had the skill and Power he always had, probably slightly less speed but that maybe because of his move up in weight...

Moore was Prime only as a Light Heavyweight---IMO

RockyMarcianofan00
06-27-2006, 10:47 PM
I think 1975.
I only asked because I may consider picking up a copy if its not to much money....That sounds like something Marciano would say...Marciano was very humble when it came to many things like the night after he won the title from Walcott-

"Last night I fought a great Champeen in Jersey Joe Walcott and I just hope I can be half the Champion he was." - Rocky Marciano 1952

Marciano was humble but he would never say that somebody was a better fighter then him or that they would beat him likewise he'd never say he would beat them either.

Brockton Lip
06-27-2006, 10:57 PM
lol at Super Marciano.

The physically strongest fighter of all time is George Foreman. The guy was blowing people out with arm punches and lifting cows over his ****ing head.
I think Jim Jeffries was physically stronger.

Hard Boiled HK
06-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Prime Walcott used the same hook that knocked down Joe Louis and Ezzard Charles....and Marciano was down for a two count so it wasn't much of a knockdown...

C'mon now Rock, that's like saying Frazier never knocked Ali down. Ali was down for like 2 seconds, but we all know Frazier knocked him down.

Hard Boiled HK
06-27-2006, 11:01 PM
I only asked because I may consider picking up a copy if its not to much money....

I think it's very hard to buy it from a bookstore since it is out of print. You can buy it off Amazon.com from other sellers (both new and old copies). I don't own a copy either. I borrowed mine from my local library -- which is where you may want to start (it'll save you both time and money).

RockyMarcianofan00
06-27-2006, 11:16 PM
C'mon now Rock, that's like saying Frazier never knocked Ali down. Ali was down for like 2 seconds, but we all know Frazier knocked him down.
Yea but Joe Frazier is Joe Frazier

Dempsey 1919
06-28-2006, 06:23 PM
By 1968 Ali was the most hated man on the planet, so of course they would fix the fight in Marciano's favor.

Hard Boiled HK
06-28-2006, 07:05 PM
By 1968 Ali was the most hated man on the planet, so of course they would fix the fight in Marciano's favor.

Not on the planet, just in America.

phallus
06-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Two aged fighters never knocked him down...

Moore knocked him down when he was off balance...on top of that Marciano's last two fights (****ell and moore) he didn't train for at 100%....

IMO- Prime Ali didn't have the punching power of a Prime Walcott or a Moore....Proof to back this up---Walcott was respectively known to have quite a hard hit (not a Marciano punch but a hit that could KO someone easy).....Moore had more KO's then any other fighter which should show you that he had quite a punch himself...

walcott knocked ezzard charles the **** out with a single punch - he had power

Zigga
06-28-2006, 08:43 PM

The computer fight is a load of bull ****, number 1 the computer may have been good at the time but in reality its a pile of ****, 2 dosnt take into account the mentality of the fighters , or heart, will , there mind set on that particular night.How can a computer measure someones heart.Its bull. How they trained and prepared for the fight.If they were strict with there diet,etc if they had sex the night before and how they slept after. etc.All these factors have a effect on a fighter.Far to many varables.

We can speculate but in reality the fight imo could have gone either way, it wud have been a hell of a fight.

Hard Boiled HK
06-28-2006, 10:43 PM
I thought the sex thing is only a theory, and it has been unproven.

RockyMarcianofan00
06-29-2006, 12:26 AM
I know Walcott had Power but I mean he didn't have the punching Power of Marciano or Foreman or Frazier

but thats not to say his punching power wasn't there because it was

Punching Power Wise-
Walcott > Ali

Dempsey 1919
06-29-2006, 01:03 AM
Not on the planet, just in America.

Oh, yeah. :o

Dempsey 1919
06-29-2006, 01:04 AM

Ezzard Charles had a weak chin.

RockyMarcianofan00
06-29-2006, 01:26 AM
Ezzard Charles had a weak chin.
Eh
I wouldn't say weak it was good for a Light Heavyweight and in the Heavyweight Division I'd say it was still pretty good...but I would go as far as to say it was granite but it was no where near Glass either....

Dempsey 1919
06-29-2006, 01:28 AM
Eh
I wouldn't say weak it was good for a Light Heavyweight and in the Heavyweight Division I'd say it was still pretty good...but I would go as far as to say it was granite but it was no where near Glass either....

Charles had a glass chin period. Look at how many times he was knocked out. :rolleyes:

RockyMarcianofan00
06-29-2006, 01:55 AM
Charles had a glass chin period. Look at how many times he was knocked out. :rolleyes:
Most of them were later in his career though.....

How did it go from Rocky being hardest hitter because he weighed the most to Ezzard Charles chin?

hellfire508
06-29-2006, 05:05 AM
No, but a 350lb Julian Jackson could kill an elephant.

Brockton Lip
06-30-2006, 07:43 AM
No, but a 350lb Julian Jackson could kill an elephant.

Maybe, but did Rocky Marciano have the feet to be fleetfooted?

Dempsey 1919
06-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Maybe, but did Rocky Marciano have the feet to be fleetfooted?

I doubt it. :D

SuzieQ49
06-30-2006, 09:50 PM
wuts with this thread? its false anyway..........marciano weighed 210lb for the computer fight, NOT 250lb

Heckler
07-01-2006, 09:20 PM

Ali was loved later on, he was very much hated during the late sixties and during his layoff.

Dempsey 1919
07-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Ali was loved later on, he was very much hated during the late sixties and during his layoff.

Yeah, that's true.

BAREKNUCKLES
07-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Marciano could have been quite a bit larger with today's nutrition and training, and yes, today's drugs.

I could very well see Marciano sporting a Tyson-like body, maybe weighing 212 lbs of lean muscle. If Bernard Hopkins can step up from middle to light heavyweight and still have a chiseled body, then Marciano could easily put on 25-30 lbs of lean muscle and probably not hinder his movement any.

We need to remember that as time goes on, fighters become more physically imposing. People in general seem to get larger generation after generation.

So, let's say Marciano is put on roids. Yes, he kicks some serious ass. Tyson and Marciano would be a knock down drag out, brain splattering affair. Who wins? Maybe the Rock by out-lasting Mike, but maybe Tyson takes him out early. Too bad we don't have a time machine.

I think many of the 80's and 90's fighters were on the juice. You don't seem to see all of those Michaelangelo bodies anymore, now that they are busting everyone's ass for using the stuff.

The only nutritional supplement the Rock ate was spaghetti, and he still KTFO most everybody at 186 lbs, so the guy punched as hard as hell.

Big George Foreman, who was trained by the Mongoose said that Marciano was one of the hardest hitters of all time, and a damn terminator type boxing machine that never stopped coming at you.

The hardest hitter? That's tough to answer, but definitely packed a top five punch regardless of how heavy he was.

Brockton Lip
07-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Good post!

Dempsey 1919
07-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Marciano could have been quite a bit larger with today's nutrition and training, and yes, today's drugs.

I could very well see Marciano sporting a Tyson-like body, maybe weighing 212 lbs of lean muscle. If Bernard Hopkins can step up from middle to light heavyweight and still have a chiseled body, then Marciano could easily put on 25-30 lbs of lean muscle and probably not hinder his movement any.

We need to remember that as time goes on, fighters become more physically imposing. People in general seem to get larger generation after generation.

So, let's say Marciano is put on roids. Yes, he kicks some serious ass. Tyson and Marciano would be a knock down drag out, brain splattering affair. Who wins? Maybe the Rock by out-lasting Mike, but maybe Tyson takes him out early. Too bad we don't have a time machine.

I think many of the 80's and 90's fighters were on the juice. You don't seem to see all of those Michaelangelo bodies anymore, now that they are busting everyone's ass for using the stuff.

The only nutritional supplement the Rock ate was spaghetti, and he still KTFO most everybody at 186 lbs, so the guy punched as hard as hell.

Big George Foreman, who was trained by the Mongoose said that Marciano was one of the hardest hitters of all time, and a damn terminator type boxing machine that never stopped coming at you.

The hardest hitter? That's tough to answer, but definitely packed a top five punch regardless of how heavy he was.

You got to be kidding. At the most marciano would be 200lbs. today, not no 215. Marciano was only 5'-10" to 5'-11", and had a 67" reach. :rolleyes:

Brockton Lip
07-08-2006, 11:41 PM
You got to be kidding. At the most marciano would be 200lbs. today, not no 215. Marciano was only 5'-10" to 5'-11". :rolleyes:

So is Tyson.

Hard Boiled HK
07-09-2006, 12:06 AM
So is Tyson.

True, but generally, African-American athletes are naturally bigger and has more potential for muscle mass growth.

Dempsey 1919
07-09-2006, 12:17 AM
So is Tyson.

At 28, Marcaino was 185. At 12, Tyson was 190. Enough said.

RockyMarcianofan00
07-09-2006, 05:05 AM
At 28, Marcaino was 185. At 12, Tyson was 190. Enough said.
Different training

Tyson was heavier because he was much more muscular...Marciano was decent sized in fact his forearms were huge (12 inches)...But Tyson was much more built...If Tyson had as much muscle as Marciano, he would be lighter then rocky...this is because Tyson was not 5'10 or 5'11 he was at most 5'9...he had risers in shoes...just look at photoes of him next to guys he's tiny...

Tyson was heavier because of his muscle size...
http://www.michaeltyson.com/michael-tyson.gif

http://www.nsefilms.com/images/recent/rocky-lrg.jpg

look at Marciano its obvious he's lean and in shape and that he's decently built but Tyson was just a tank (build wise)...

micky_knox
07-09-2006, 07:44 AM
tyson only 5'9?

damn he is shrinking lol

Kid Achilles
07-09-2006, 12:08 PM
True, but generally, African-American athletes are naturally bigger and has more potential for muscle mass growth.

This is a myth.

Kid Achilles
07-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Those pictures of Tyson and Vitali posing together in the Ukraine pretty much put an end to the 5'11 1/2" myth. Tyson is 5'10" at BEST and most likely 5'9" as Rocky said.

paul750
07-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Larry Merchant said he and the HBO team measured Tyson one time, and he was indeed around 5'11.

Yaman
07-09-2006, 01:28 PM
On ''Mike Tyson's Greatest Hits'' Iron Mike measured his height.

And he was even a bit above 5,11. So He was a perfect 5'11 1/2" fighter because all that matters is how they are in the ring.

I hate these fantasy's about Tyson's height. I can post a picture of this. One sec.

Yaman
07-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Those pictures of Tyson and Vitali posing together in the Ukraine pretty much put an end to the 5'11 1/2" myth. Tyson is 5'10" at BEST and most likely 5'9" as Rocky said.

5,9??? Oh my God.

http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/2103/sheight9yg.png

Now do you guys believe Tyson has always been 5,11?

micky_knox
07-09-2006, 01:43 PM
5,9??? Oh my God.

nice find m8

i hope this settles it now

Southpaw Stinger
07-09-2006, 01:43 PM
5,9??? Oh my God.

Maybe that bit of hair he had made him look a bit taller lol.

Ok I believe he's 5'11", he's still shorter than me anyhow so I don't care. :p

Yaman
07-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Maybe that bit of hair he had made him look a bit taller lol.

Ok I believe he's 5'11", he's still shorter than me anyhow so I don't care. :p

Haha. We do know that he might not be 5,11 and a half. Just 5,11. I think though that they get measured with shoes so his height really is that much in the ring.

nice find m8

i hope this settles it now

Thanks man. Im gona post it in every thread where they say stuff about Mike's height :D

Southpaw Stinger
07-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks man. Im gona post it in every thread where they say stuff about Mike's height

Put it in ya sig Yaman!

Yaman
07-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Put it in ya sig Yaman!

Good idea Buddy. The whole world should know this lol.

micky_knox
07-09-2006, 02:12 PM
we should all put it in our sigs?

if yaman agrees that is

Yaman
07-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Lol, sure if you want.

Since we're talking about Heights anyway, i think George Foreman looked 6,4..even thought he was measured a little less.

RockyMarcianofan00
07-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Haha. We do know that he might not be 5,11 and a half. Just 5,11. I think though that they get measured with shoes so his height really is that much in the ring.

Thanks man. Im gona post it in every thread where they say stuff about Mike's height :D
Not to sound ignorant but was Tyson wearing his shoes while being measured....It's well known, or atleast in many of my sources, that Tyson wore risers in his shoes and was indeed shorter then 5'11...

Not saying your a liar but is it not possible he's wearing his shoes in that pic?

Yaman
07-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Not to sound ignorant but was Tyson wearing his shoes while being measured....It's well known, or atleast in many of my sources, that Tyson wore risers in his shoes and was indeed shorter then 5'11...

Not saying your a liar but is it not possible he's wearing his shoes in that pic?

Then Marciano may have been 5,9, or Foreman not even 6,3. See, the shoes really dont matter because he is what he is in the ring. He never fought barefeet or something lol. I think its obvious that Tyson really was 5,11..and 5'11 1/2 with shoes.

Kid Achilles
07-09-2006, 02:40 PM
I have seen that picture before and it means nothing because he is likely wearing shoes or even boots. When I measure my height it is barefoot or in thin socks. This is how all of the greats were measured. Everyone I have talked to who've seen Tyson in person all say he is no bigger than 5'10", possibly a bit shorter than that. These are guys who were 5'10"- 5'11" themselves. They would know if he was close to 6 feet tall.

micky_knox
07-09-2006, 02:44 PM
I have seen that picture before and it means nothing because he is likely wearing shoes or even boots. When I measure my height it is barefoot or in thin socks. This is how all of the greats were measured. Everyone I have talked to who've seen Tyson in person all say he is no bigger than 5'10", possibly a bit shorter than that. These are guys who were 5'10"- 5'11" themselves. They would know if he was close to 6 feet tall.
why would tyson want to lie about his hieght anyway?

Yaman
07-09-2006, 02:47 PM

Boots? Haha. You do you know about Tyson's classic ringwear right? Shoes with no socks. Dont make stuff up now.

Those people you've talked dont mean anything. The thing is, Tyson had a big head. Maybe its diffirent when you're standing eye to eye with him, but his head is pretty big. And well, all the greats were wearing shoes or boots in the ring so it still means nothing.

Kid Achilles
07-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Yeah but Yaman, who says he's wearing his ring attire in that picture? He could have one boots or at least sneakers with a significant sole that adds an extra inch. The problem with the picture is it's impossible to tell because it's just his head and shoulders. We'd need to see a full body picture of him getting his height measured for the picture to mean anything. I could stand on a milk crate and get a picture of myself standing at the 7' line but it doesn't mean anything. We need to see the footwear, or if he's up on his toes or whatever for the picture to have any credibility.

http://www.boxnews.com.ua/photos/92/MikeTyson%20%20vs%20Vitali%20Klitschko2.jpg

He does not look like 5'11" here. Even the woman standing behind him is taller.

Southpaw Stinger
07-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Tyson had a big head. Maybe its diffirent when you're standing eye to eye with him, but his head is pretty big. And well, all the greats were wearing shoes or boots in the ring so it still means nothing.

Thats true. Usually when you look or talk with someone you look at their eyes (unless it's a woman lol)
Tysons eyes are pretty low but he had a large forehead so it is possible to mistake his hieght if you meet him. He is definatly above 5'10" anyway.

Since we're talking about Heights anyway, i think George Foreman looked 6,4..even thought he was measured a little less.

Yeah most commentators said Foreman was 6'4". Ali was 6'3" and Foreman clearly looked taller than him.

Yaman
07-09-2006, 03:11 PM
The picture posted with Tyson and Klitchko is taken when Tyson was at an older age. Maybe he was 5,10 there, but Mike Tyson in his prime, before and after prison untill the Holyfield fights was 5,11.

Kid Achilles
07-09-2006, 03:24 PM
People shrink when they get older but not when they are still in their late 30's. Tyson is old for a boxer but he's far from an old man. He's the same height as he always was. Also he's wearing sports shoes with thick soles in those Vitali pictures which give him some extra height. Really he's even slightly smaller than he appears.

There was an article from a few months (maybe a year) ago where Tyson complains that he is only a 5'10" "midget". Even by his own admission, he is 5'10" (which is probably rounded up).

paul750
07-09-2006, 03:37 PM
When someone gets measured, it should be barefoot or with socks. you can't get measured with shoes of any kind, and call it a legitimate reading. As i said before, i heard Larry Merchant saying they measured him one time and he was 5'11, but there doesn't appear to be any concrete proof either way.

Yaman
07-09-2006, 03:39 PM
I cant possibly imagine anyone look at that picture and say otherwise. Why wont you acknowledge it? There is the proof. The picture with Klitchko does not have measurements for Tyson or any kind of proof that can support your posts.

Keep looking at my sig. Its evidence.

micky_knox
07-09-2006, 04:01 PM
why would he wantbto lie about it though?

Kid Achilles
07-09-2006, 05:32 PM
Almost everyone lies about their height. If you are 5'10", why not just give yourself an extra inch and a half for the records? Few people are going to check to prove you wrong, and contrary to popular belief, heights are not measured as accurately as weights are in boxing. Most tale of the tape numbers, including height and reach, and exaggerated. When you sign that contract to fight someone, you agree to make weight, and therefore weight is a value that is accurately measured (usually: see Gatti-Gamache for a counter example) while under the supervision of officials. Height is not.

Tyson admitted himself he is 5'10". Boxrec.com has him at 5'10". He looks nothing close to 6' when standing up to the 6'2 1/2" Michael Spinks in that old commercial. He looks much shorter. He looks tiny compared to Vitali while wearing thick soled sneakers. 5'10" is what he is as far as I'm concerned.

Also the picture really doesn't prove much except for what we already know: Tyson is somewhere in the 5'9-5'11" range.

For one thing, Tyson is standing too far away from the chart. When using a height chart, you are supposed to stand with your back flat against it. Tyson does not appear to be anywhere near it and because he's close to the camera and there is distance between him and the chart, it makes him appear larger in relation to the chart than he is. I could take a picture of my thumb in front of that chart, keeping my thumb extremely close to the lense, and it would look like I have a 6 foot thumb.

It's impossible to gauge how far he's standing from the chart in this picture, but he certainly isn't pressed against it. It's not an accurate reading and I don't consider it solid evidence.

micky_knox
07-09-2006, 05:56 PM
i dont lie about my height..............i dont think it means anything..........

tyson was a dude in the ring no matter how tall he was

Kid Achilles
07-09-2006, 06:14 PM
No one is holding his lack of height against him or saying it made him less of a fighter, we are just trying to straighten this matter out for the hell of it.

RockyMarcianofan00
07-09-2006, 08:39 PM
In regards to your question about why he would lie about his height...

Many fighters would rather be a heavyweight height rather then shorter then the average heavyweight...Tyson didn't want to go down as on of the shortest heavyweights he'd rather of gone down as the "baddest"...Marciano was 5'10, James Toney is 5'9 (yes I realize he's not a natrual heavy)...Joe Frazier was 5'11 so there are those shorter then him....

Fact is Tyson wore his black shoes with no socks that had risers in his shoes....

micky_knox
07-10-2006, 01:16 AM
No one is holding his lack of height against him or saying it made him less of a fighter, we are just trying to straighten this matter out for the hell of it.
yea i know that m8 :)

well i know the debate has raged for ages..........

but ive never seen any proof.........his official height in one of the books im looking at now has him at 5'11.5.......

thats good enough for me........
it just seems funny to me that mike would be so self conciuos about his height...........its kinda like a woman and her age lol..........

micky_knox
07-10-2006, 01:18 AM
oh one last thing..........

is it actually legal for a fighter to wear shoes with raisers in?
sounds like it could be against the rules ........but i dont actually know.....just out of interest

RockyMarcianofan00
07-10-2006, 01:25 AM
oh one last thing..........

is it actually legal for a fighter to wear shoes with raisers in?
sounds like it could be against the rules ........but i dont actually know.....just out of interest
to the best of my knowledge its not against the rules.......

catskills23
07-10-2006, 01:39 AM

tyson is bare foot in that pic . I have a video of it . Tyson was measured in the build up to the tyson - biggs fight by hbo to end all the media speculation there was about his height . Tyson was measured bare foot and they showed a full shot of him and he was found to be 5'11 and a half .

RockyMarcianofan00
07-10-2006, 02:03 AM
who cares to be honest..

I believe Tyson was 5'9 and wore Risers in his shoes just the thickness of his shoes was a give away...

Dempsey 1919
07-10-2006, 02:17 AM
People shrink when they get older but not when they are still in their late 30's. Tyson is old for a boxer but he's far from an old man.

Height can also be gained from muscle mass. Tyson evidently does not have the same muscle mass today as he did 20 years ago, so that could have made him shrink an inch.

Yaman
07-10-2006, 10:00 AM
tyson is bare foot in that pic . I have a video of it . Tyson was measured in the build up to the tyson - biggs fight by hbo to end all the media speculation there was about his height . Tyson was measured bare foot and they showed a full shot of him and he was found to be 5'11 and a half .

Thank you.

Is that not enough evidence guys?

Oh and Tyson is not even stretching if you know what i mean. He's just standing there ''chilling''. His head isn't even straight. So Tyson was barefeet, and he truly was 5,11 1/2.

Evidence cannot be disproven.

RockyMarcianofan00
07-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Thank you.

Is that not enough evidence guys?

Oh and Tyson is not even stretching if you know what i mean. He's just standing there ''chilling''. His head isn't even straight. So Tyson was barefeet, and he truly was 5,11 1/2.

Evidence cannot be disproven.
It doesn't really matter because wether he's 5'9 or 5'10 or 5'11 or 5'11 1/2 or 6'0 he still dominated the ring for most of the 80's and some of the 90's and in my book is an all time great..

micky_knox
07-10-2006, 10:16 AM
It doesn't really matter because wether he's 5'9 or 5'10 or 5'11 or 5'11 1/2 or 6'0 he still dominated the ring for most of the 80's and some of the 90's and in my book is an all time great..
agreed............. :)

Kid Achilles
07-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Can someone get that picture of Tyson posing with, I think it was, Chris Eubank, and looking the shorter man? The person in question was definitely a british middleweight, either Eubank (5'10") or Nigel Benn (5'9 1/2"), and he was taller than Tyson.

Yaman
07-10-2006, 10:20 AM

Yes, good post. But im still gonna post the picture when needed :D

Kid Achilles
07-10-2006, 10:30 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/70WweAH6T_M"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/70WweAH6T_M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Found this clip on a website containing a discussion of Tyson's height. Eddie Murphy is 5'10" at best and Tyson is clearly shorter.

Yaman
07-10-2006, 10:32 AM
LOL, you're still trying? Haha. Is there a measurement of Tyson on that video? Or any of the photos you're gonna post? No, so untill then, this picture is the real evidence.

RockyMarcianofan00
07-10-2006, 10:39 AM
I'm still trying to locate photographic proof of Tyson being 5'9 but unfortunatley there's pictures that prove both sides of the argument..

the biggest thing i can say is look here

http://www.irish-boxing.com/graphics/irish/Kevin_McBride_Mike_Tyson_Press_Conference.jpg

http://www.dr.dk/NR/rdonlyres/B35218D8-4844-4BA9-8C71-4448324C0CAF/74989/8e3f455853ca4b36a001f1814078b84b_tyson.jpg

I believe Kevin Mcbrid is 6'6 but even this pic doesn't help because Tyson still in the 5'9-5'11 range but this pic IMO kinda shows him shorter closer to 5'9...

There's also a height difference in the pictures it may be because Tyson's looking up in the first one but I'm not sure..

But from what I can tell in the top picture (with clothes and SHOES on) he looks closer to 5'11

but in the second one where he's pratcially naked he looks closer to 5'10 or 5'9...

Southpaw Stinger
07-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Yeah but Kevin Mcbribe is a big bastard!

RockyMarcianofan00
07-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah but Kevin Mcbribe is a big bastard!
thats the truth I'm Irish and I usually like Irish boxers but McBrides kind of a deu*th (as if the star took anything away from the word :p )

I hate what he said to Tyson-

"When I hit you its gunna feel like all of Ireland is hitting you"..

I swear Tyson was drugged for the fight because even a Tyson who tdidn't give a damn would have been more ferocious then that...There's no way Tyson was straight for that fight...

"so Mike how do you feel about your opponent"

"He called me a bad MF'er"

he said MF'ER thats not this Tyson..

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EPAdQcqIg-E"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EPAdQcqIg-E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>%20conference

Tyson was drugged...

Kid Achilles
07-10-2006, 10:59 AM
I've already shot the credibility of your picture to pieces. Tyson is not standing against the chart, he is a good foot or more away from it. This makes him appear bigger in relation to the chart than he really is. Take the picture down, it proves nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_perspective For more information.

Southpaw Stinger
07-10-2006, 11:00 AM
thats the truth I'm Irish and I usually like Irish boxers but McBrides kind of a deu*th (as if the star took anything away from the word )

I'm half irish as well. We're probably related since my family breeds like rabbits and half of them live in America!

Yaman
07-10-2006, 11:08 AM
I've already shot the credibility of your picture to pieces. Tyson is not standing against the chart, he is a good foot or more away from it. This makes him appear bigger in relation to the chart than he really is. Take the picture down, it proves nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_perspective For more information.

And you also realise he's not standing fully straight like he should be if they were gonna measure his height, and he's already taller than 5,11?

All you can do now is deny it, but you cant prove anything with pictures or video where he is not standing straight, or is wearing shoes that can make you taller like Eddie Murphy, or where there is no measurement. I proved my point with evidence, you have not. Tyson is and was 5,11 1/2 :boxing:

RockyMarcianofan00
07-10-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm half irish as well. We're probably related since my family breeds like rabbits and half of them live in America!
I wouldn't doubht it since my Family (Irish side) is huge...My mom came from a family of 9 and the tree just gets bigger as it goes up....I'm also 1/2 Irish

Here's some trivia- Though my favorite fighter (more or less) is Rocky marciano I don't have an ounce of Italian Blood in me...

Kid Achilles
07-10-2006, 11:15 AM
It doesn't matter what his posture is because we don't know how far away he is from the chart. It is COMPLETELY inaccurate because of this and therefore means nothing. The overwhelming evidence puts Tyson at 5'10" at the tallest, probably even a little smaller.

RockyMarcianofan00
07-10-2006, 11:16 AM
And you also realise he's not standing fully straight like he should be if they were gonna measure his height, and he's already taller than 5,11?

All you can do now is deny it, but you cant prove anything with pictures or video where he is not standing straight, or is wearing shoes that can make you taller like Eddie Murphy, or where there is no measurement. I proved my point with evidence, you have not. Tyson is and was 5,11 1/2 :boxing:
Not really becaue if you stand far enough away from a building you can appear as tall as it and you don't have to be standing straight up...This doesn't mean that your 2 stories high, its perspective, the essence of Trick Photography...

RockyMarcianofan00
07-10-2006, 11:19 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/70WweAH6T_M"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/70WweAH6T_M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Found this clip on a website containing a discussion of Tyson's height. Eddie Murphy is 5'10" at best and Tyson is clearly shorter.
It's funny because I can remember countless times where eddie has made fun of Tyson in his comedy...Eddie Murphy is funny as hell

paul750
07-10-2006, 12:14 PM
It would be interesting to see Tyson standing next to David Tua.

Hard Boiled HK
07-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Eddie Murphy is 5 feet 9 and 1/2 inches tall. But I don't see why we are debating Mike Tyson's height anyway.

Dempsey 1919
07-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Height can also be gained from muscle mass. Tyson evidently does not have the same muscle mass today as he did 20 years ago, so that could have made him shrink an inch.

Uhmm, didn't anybody read this? :confused:

Kid Achilles
07-11-2006, 12:40 AM
I think Tyson had more muscle mass when he fought McBride than he had in his prime. Even if you disagree with that, the Eddie Murphy tribute was in 1989 when Tyson had the exact same muscle mass as in his prime and he is still clearly shorter than the 5'9 1/2" Murphy. Regardless of how you put it, Tyson is shorter than all these celebrities, claims HIMSELF that he is 5'10", and everyone I've heard from who's seen him claims he's 5'10" or under.

Against all this video evidence and testimony, all you who want him to be 5'11 1/2" have for evidence is a crappy forced perspective picture that can be dismissed immediately as inaccurate.

Tyson is 5'10" tops.

Dempsey 1919
07-11-2006, 01:00 AM
I think Tyson had more muscle mass when he fought McBride than he had in his prime.

That was mostly fat, not muscle mass.

Yaman
07-11-2006, 08:15 AM
I think Tyson had more muscle mass when he fought McBride than he had in his prime. Even if you disagree with that, the Eddie Murphy tribute was in 1989 when Tyson had the exact same muscle mass as in his prime and he is still clearly shorter than the 5'9 1/2" Murphy. Regardless of how you put it, Tyson is shorter than all these celebrities, claims HIMSELF that he is 5'10", and everyone I've heard from who's seen him claims he's 5'10" or under.

Against all this video evidence and testimony, all you who want him to be 5'11 1/2" have for evidence is a crappy forced perspective picture that can be dismissed immediately as inaccurate.

Tyson is 5'10" tops.

Maybe by you, but you're one of those people who refuse to acknowledge anything even if you're proven wrong. This redicilous googling for pics of Tyson standing next to celebrities :rolleyes: is pathetic..and NO EVIDENCE AT ALL. Because it never showed the ****ing measurement, but on this picture it does. Btw, you said its irrelevant because Mike may have been wearing shoes(Wich he didnt) and that it would affect his height. But he's wearing a suit next to Murphy..do you know what kind of shoes they were on these nights? Yeah.

And people you know who think Tyson is 5,10 are too uninformed anyway. They havent even seen Mike get measured. Larry Merchant said that people think Mike Tyson is 5,9/5,10 but when they measured with him he was indeed over 5,11.

You still havent proved a damn thing..but i did when i posted some evidence. So please, less talk, more proof please.

Kid Achilles
07-11-2006, 10:18 AM
I've already revealed your photographic evidence as being completely inaccurate. It's not a true measurement because Tyson is not squared up against the measuring line. He is closer to the camera than the chart (by how much we don't know) thereby skewing his size in proportion to the chart.

The photograph proves nothing.

micky_knox
07-11-2006, 10:50 AM
i say then that eddie murphy was wearing raised shoes..........

or standing on a box behind the podium.............proove me wrong

RockyMarcianofan00
07-11-2006, 06:20 PM
well I had to work for a long time but I finally came up with a photo

This photo proves Tyson's height beyond the shadow of a doubt
This photo is 100% and hasn't been doctored in anyway...

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5925/untitled6rd1.png

Kid Achilles
07-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Your evidence looks to be about as accurate as Yaman's so now we're at a stalemate.

Hard Boiled HK
07-11-2006, 07:54 PM
i say then that eddie murphy was wearing raised shoes..........

or standing on a box behind the podium.............proove me wrong

Why don't YOU prove yourself right? You make accusations without knowing for sure whether they are correct or not, and you're asking us to prove you wrong?

Did you even watch the video? Did you see the entire shot of Eddie Murphy and Mike Tyson together? They were standing on the same platform. Even if you didn't observe that, you should have known that IF there was a podium, then Tyson would be standing on it when he was speaking on on the microphone, and Murphy was still taller when it happened.

How the hell are we suppose to prove to you if Eddie Murphy was wearing raised shoes? Write him a fan mail asking him to go to youtube.com and ask if he remembered if he wore raised shoes when he was speaking with Tyson?

RockyMarcianofan00
07-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Your evidence looks to be about as accurate as Yaman's so now we're at a stalemate.
Yea but I win because I had to had to use all my skills in Paint all he had to do was steal the director of that movies hard work... :D

micky_knox
07-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Why don't YOU prove yourself right? You make accusations without knowing for sure whether they are correct or not, and you're asking us to prove you wrong?

Did you even watch the video? Did you see the entire shot of Eddie Murphy and Mike Tyson together? They were standing on the same platform. Even if you didn't observe that, you should have known that IF there was a podium, then Tyson would be standing on it when he was speaking on on the microphone, and Murphy was still taller when it happened.

How the hell are we suppose to prove to you if Eddie Murphy was wearing raised shoes? Write him a fan mail asking him to go to youtube.com and ask if he remembered if he wore raised shoes when he was speaking with Tyson?

i was taking the piss

micky_knox
07-12-2006, 12:40 PM
anyway
im just reading a copy of mikes first application for a pro licence..........his hieght is stated at 5'11 1/2"
it was approved
now im not sure but i imagine that all his stats that he enterd would have to be checked?????

its in the book bad intentions.........ill try and get a clear pic of it to post later

also here he is with patterson and torres

http://img280.imageshack.us/img280/6946/picture99hh.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

sorry for the quailty

RockyMarcianofan00
07-12-2006, 02:23 PM
anyway
im just reading a copy of mikes first application for a pro licence..........his hieght is stated at 5'11 1/2"
it was approved
now im not sure but i imagine that all his stats that he enterd would have to be checked?????

its in the book bad intentions.........ill try and get a clear pic of it to post later

also here he is with patterson and torres

http://img280.imageshack.us/img280/6946/picture99hh.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

sorry for the quailty
Ya know I was thinking that but that still not proof sry
:D

micky_knox
07-12-2006, 02:30 PM
he is next to patterson whp was at least 5'11 1/2 or 6' himself.........and although patterson is slight ducking tyson is taller.........pattersons hair is also adding to his height.....

ps i got the snap on a digital cam now so ill post a better quality version soon........
:)

Southpaw Stinger
07-12-2006, 02:49 PM
One of us should track Tyson down and get him to remove his shoes and then get a picture with him. (And pray he doesn't take it the wrong way!)

micky_knox
07-12-2006, 02:58 PM
One of us should track Tyson down and get him to remove his shoes and then get a picture with him. (And pray he doesn't take it the wrong way!)
ill hold him down while you rip his shoes off

Yaman
07-12-2006, 03:10 PM

I have already proved he's 5,11. But even clear evidence wont convince some people..atleast not on the internet. They know the truth :cool:

Southpaw Stinger
07-12-2006, 03:13 PM
ill hold him down while you rip his shoes off

Fair enough. Watch out he doesn't bite ya!

SABBATH
07-12-2006, 03:14 PM
I have already proved he's 5,11. But even clear evidence wont convince some people..atleast not on the internet. They know the truth :cool:
I'd like to know if Tyson's neck is bigger than Sammy Davis Jr.'s chest....

RockyMarcianofan00
07-12-2006, 03:19 PM
It's because your proof isin't 100% clear :D

micky_knox
07-12-2006, 03:26 PM
It's because your proof isin't 100% clear :D
his pic along with mine (which i will post a clearer version of later )is good proof........well i think it is anyway

Kid Achilles
07-12-2006, 03:28 PM
The Patterson picture isn't proof. We don't know what kind of footwear they are each wearing and Patterson is leaning forward a little. Patterson would be taller if he stood up straight.

RockyMarcianofan00
07-12-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm almost Positive Tyson wore Risers in his shoes but Unforetunatley I can't prove it

micky_knox
07-12-2006, 03:31 PM
. Patterson would be taller if he stood up straight.
only just and like i said his hair is big.........tyson isnt the midget some of you seem so cinvinced he is........
he is as big as patterson or at least very close

micky_knox
07-12-2006, 03:38 PM
better pic and a copy of the licence application

http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p71200062oq.jpg

http://img103.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p71200057uq.jpg

patterson maybe a tad taller if he stood up..........look at the foreheads intead of the hair...floyds hair add a bit to his hieght

Kid Achilles
07-12-2006, 03:42 PM
They do not check your height for those licenses, nor do they for your driver's license. I am 5'9" on the nose (or close to it) and my friend, who is no taller than I am, has 5'11" listed on his license.

Yaman
07-12-2006, 03:52 PM
The Patterson picture isn't proof. We don't know what kind of footwear they are each wearing and Patterson is leaning forward a little. Patterson would be taller if he stood up straight.

And you knew what kind of footwear they were wearing at the Oscars? Thats Hypocrite.

My pic is the only real proof.

micky_knox
07-12-2006, 04:00 PM
everything officialy on record states 5'11 or 5'11 1/2 as far as i can tell........

i want proof that he wasnt that height........and eddie murphy dosnt count because i have no idea how tall he was.......

i think for for evidence far outways the against so far

Yaman
07-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Yes, every measurement has been over 5,11. Never 5,9 or 5,10. And i finally posted a pic to prove it and its still not good enough.

Just because he LOOKED smaller than Murphy doesnt mean its true. Or just because he LOOKS smaller than you think.

micky_knox
07-12-2006, 04:16 PM
i agree with you m8

sleazyfellow
07-12-2006, 05:26 PM
i once heard a commentator say that tyson was 5'11 but look 5'10 cause of the squareishness of his build...lol actually heard him say that, so id go with what he said

RockyMarcianofan00
07-12-2006, 05:28 PM
What your trying to tell us is that Tyson is 5'11, that was his fighting height but I'm decently sure he wore risers in his shoes......

micky_knox
07-12-2006, 05:42 PM
What your trying to tell us is that Tyson is 5'11, that was his fighting height but I'm decently sure he wore risers in his shoes......
i doubt he wore risers in his shoes in fights because it would affect his balance........

LondonRingRules
07-14-2006, 09:13 PM
** Nah, 350 lb Jimmy Wilde is the most powerful fighter ever. Next dumb question!

Brockton Lip
07-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Could 350 lb. Jimmy Wilde defeat a small gorilla?

Yaman
07-15-2006, 06:57 AM
Could 350 lb. Jimmy Wilde defeat a small gorilla?

He could be fleetfooted though.