View Full Version : What inspired you?

spinksjinx
09-19-2004, 10:08 PM
What inspired all you guys who train and box to get into it and what motivates you to keep on going?????

ThaGreatest1
09-20-2004, 01:26 AM
What inspired all you guys who train and box to get into it and what motivates you to keep on going?????

everythin motivates me lol
i wake up at 5 am-5 30 i go run that motivates me for tha rest of tha day then i go to tha gym then when i get tired i say to my self u wanna be a champ u better push ur self or u aint gettin no where and as i watch boxin i get more motivated by tha day and when i go to tha gym im motivated and tha trainer helps me push myself to

tino
09-26-2004, 05:23 PM
everythin motivates me lol
i wake up at 5 am-5 30 i go run that motivates me for tha rest of tha day then i go to tha gym then when i get tired i say to my self u wanna be a champ u better push ur self or u aint gettin no where and as i watch boxin i get more motivated by tha day and when i go to tha gym im motivated and tha trainer helps me push myself to
i remember you said you had a few fights and you won most by stoppage. how is it goin , werent you a MARINE too , how do you mix both of it ?

theironone
09-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Being mentally strong is my motivation, when you get real tired, you can either lay down and stop or push through it. People who try to drag you down motivate me cos it feels like you wanna say **** em so you get bigger, stronger, fitter and as i'm getting older age very well. Seeing people people like Hopkins is a big inspriration to me to be in that shape at that age is amazing and it make's yourself feel well if that man can do then so can I.
True he's a pro athlete and so on but if I can achieve a fit body, strong mind through just training as a hobby then that's all good.
Also just look around at the average person and you can see that the hard work pay's off. One of my older brothers has 11 years on me and true he's not as fit as me but he's in excellent shape for his age, my wife's uncle is 57 and jogs everyday, and does **** loads of runs for charity - people like that are an inspiration and add more motivation for me cos if they can find the time then so can I.
I'm getting older so what happens i get bald and fat!!
Pure rubbish - okay I'm bald but i've still got my sixpack, I'll never be fat I'll look like I do now in 20 years just have more wrinkles, it's that belief that also motivates me, for me to be fat is just being lazy and mentally weak so that'll never happen.

Tha Greatest
09-30-2004, 12:05 AM
i remember you said you had a few fights and you won most by stoppage. how is it goin , werent you a MARINE too , how do you mix both of it ?

no.. i was never a marine

RockyBalboa
10-11-2004, 04:04 PM
the Rocky movies inspired me, i'm only 14 but his life inspired me to start training.

Pound4Pound1986
10-11-2004, 04:09 PM

i luv fighting, since i was a lil kid i used to get into street fights, what motivates me is that i want to be a champion of some sort, anything maybe state champ it dont matter, i also want to fight world class fighters thats all i think about when i train, how cool would it be for to say i fought erik morales or chico corrales

elveiel
10-11-2004, 04:52 PM
I have to win, i never want to lose!!

I just cant lose, its not an option and thats what what i think about before i fight! It stays with me until the fight is over!

i turn nasty and want to beat down anyone i fight! sparring its the same. that why i'm called elveiel(evil lee)

I'm a bad loser!!

I have been injured recently and watching Hatton beat down Stewart got me back in the gym.

elveiel
10-11-2004, 04:54 PM
i luv fighting, since i was a lil kid i used to get into street fights, what motivates me is that i want to be a champion of some sort, anything maybe state champ it dont matter, i also want to fight world class fighters thats all i think about when i train, how cool would it be for to say i fought erik morales or chico corrales

Hope it happens dude!

Dark Destroyer
10-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Watching Mike Tyson got me into boxing and seeing Bernard Hopkins train inspired be to be dedicated at what i do. If i can be half the man he is at 40 i'll be proud.

Fat Shamz
10-20-2004, 08:00 PM

I got into boxing at a really young age, like when i was 7 err sumthin, bak then i didnt know wat the heck i was doing, jus follwing my dads lead, stopped training when i was 10, kinda became a lazy ass that only played video games, and then when i was 11, i was mugged by 3 teenagers....i couldnt do **** to them cos i was just knocked really hard in the face, after that i was like ok **** this next time someone tries mugging me im gonna put up a fight before i let them go....so i satrted all over again...then i busted my knee cap while biking...at 13 i started again...and from then on the only thing thats been keeping me going is that damn $140 mouthgaurd that i had to pay for!!! lol, nah, i guess its a mix of determination and a test of ones own strength.....only 16 right now and im not thinking of being pro or anything, but its fun goin to the gym and jokin around with the older guys n stuff, and then goin to fight other people of my own weight and testing my skill against them...i dunno, its just all a really fun experience...i cant stop and i wont stop....its an addiction...yea andi know this sounds really umm, nerdyish? of me but i think training is the one thing i look forward to in my day...

spinksjinx
10-20-2004, 10:36 PM
I got into boxing at a really young age, like when i was 7 err sumthin, bak then i didnt know wat the heck i was doing, jus follwing my dads lead, stopped training when i was 10, kinda became a lazy ass that only played video games, and then when i was 11, i was mugged by 3 teenagers....i couldnt do **** to them cos i was just knocked really hard in the face, after that i was like ok **** this next time someone tries mugging me im gonna put up a fight before i let them go....so i satrted all over again...then i busted my knee cap while biking...at 13 i started again...and from then on the only thing thats been keeping me going is that damn $140 mouthgaurd that i had to pay for!!! lol, nah, i guess its a mix of determination and a test of ones own strength.....only 16 right now and im not thinking of being pro or anything, but its fun goin to the gym and jokin around with the older guys n stuff, and then goin to fight other people of my own weight and testing my skill against them...i dunno, its just all a really fun experience...i cant stop and i wont stop....its an addiction...yea andi know this sounds really umm, nerdyish? of me but i think training is the one thing i look forward to in my day...

Gotta have that nice mouthguard if you got pretty teeth....

Man, I know how the addiction is....All I want to do is train train train and I do it so early in the morning (5am) that the rest of my day is boring....The rush is awesome.

Fat Shamz
10-20-2004, 11:39 PM
i know i cant even help it!!! i joined two gyms cos both of them only train 3 times a week, cool thing is there different days so i train 6 times a week...woohoooo

triggerhappy
10-21-2004, 09:20 AM
well i work out at the new york sports and they had a 1 hour boxing class(no contact)iand i just got addicted to it.

Fat Shamz
10-21-2004, 11:02 AM
lol, takes us one hour to get warmed up

spinksjinx
10-21-2004, 11:05 AM
lol, takes us one hour to get warmed up

On my lifting days it usually takes about an hour to an hour and a half...On my boxing days it varies....But majority of the time around the 2 hour mark...

Triggerhappy-You got to start somewhere :)

Fat Shamz
10-21-2004, 11:07 AM
how old are u spinks? how long have u been training for?
i need to build up endurance cos its so hard for me to do 12 rounds of skipping 3 minutes oer round, im almost dead after it

spinksjinx
10-21-2004, 11:29 AM
how old are u spinks? how long have u been training for?
i need to build up endurance cos its so hard for me to do 12 rounds of skipping 3 minutes oer round, im almost dead after it

19 with my 20th birthday tomorrow.....

My endurance is sky high....I was sparring with a guy the other day and we went 10 3 minute rounds and around round 8 is when I felt a bit of fatigue and my legs were a little weak....Not bad really...

Been training for boxing just a couple months, before I was a lifter.

Fat Shamz
10-21-2004, 11:39 AM
howd u get ur endurance so high, endurance is importand cos it totally chages the way u block punch move and take hits, so if i get my endurance higher i can go on for about 8 rounds with out a problem

spinksjinx
10-21-2004, 12:19 PM
howd u get ur endurance so high, endurance is importand cos it totally chages the way u block punch move and take hits, so if i get my endurance higher i can go on for about 8 rounds with out a problem

I train pretty hard and vigorous (atleast I think I do)

To get my endurance so high, I just did a lot of roadwork...I would sprint up every hill I had saw....I would run up and down them backwards sidestep up hills...Sprint up 100s of stairs...Do it all.....Run 10 miles...

Now I have gotten my conditioning so good, I can last a good while before tiring.....

I like to move a lot so endurance is what I need, so I wont tire.

elveiel
10-21-2004, 02:07 PM
I train pretty hard and vigorous (atleast I think I do)

To get my endurance so high, I just did a lot of roadwork...I would sprint up every hill I had saw....I would run up and down them backwards sidestep up hills...Sprint up 100s of stairs...Do it all.....Run 10 miles...

Now I have gotten my conditioning so good, I can last a good while before tiring.....

I like to move a lot so endurance is what I need, so I wont tire.

And having endurance keeps the girlfriend happy! :D

Fat Shamz
10-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Oh btw, Happy birthday spinks :)

spinksjinx
10-21-2004, 05:25 PM
And having endurance keeps the girlfriend happy! :D

We are quick ones, well atleast she is. I am just getting into my groove around 15 minute mark and she already had an orgasm and is done :mad:

shamz-Thanks a lot, it's appreciated.

Eken
10-25-2004, 08:13 AM
Watching highlights of Mike Tyson :D More serioulsy it's because I enjoy boxing and it gets me in great shape.

Dyl-G
10-30-2004, 09:59 PM
i want to be a champ like pound4pound said, and when i see fights it also motivates me. also i want to be good at something that i can use and that not very many people can say that they know how to do. ya heard?

cms
01-04-2005, 11:00 PM
What inspires me? I would say some of the rocky movies lol but theres more to it then just movies, i remember when i was pretty little bout 7 maybe, my brother would get me in fights with other kids in the trailor park and he realized i really couldnt punch and he wanted me to learn to fight soo badly and he was trying to teach me to punch and since i was 7 and he was 15 and he was sparring with me but with no gloves since hes 8 years older then me , and anyways when we were messing around i finally actrually hit him and gave him a bloody lip :D then a couple years later when i began boxing and i won my first fight and he was there and was very proud of me.

its moments like that , that inspire me :)

Supafly25
01-05-2005, 09:06 AM
1. Wanting to be like my favourite boxer (MAB). I watch clips of him hitting the heavy bag or shadow boxing and just think "DAMN, i would love to be able to do that".

2. Looking good and feeling good.

3. Alot of the skills i pick up in boxing can be carried over to basketball which is my main sport.

4. I JUST LOVE BOXING!!!

Mick Hucknall
01-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Well living in scotland you get a lot of guys that just want to start fights with you for looking at them the wrong way. After a while you just think **** it next someone someone starts with me just knock the **** outta them. Also watch the rocky movies are a big help. Also spinks is the best way to get power in your punches working hard on the heavy bag... cos i've got the pace around the ring but lack a lot a bit of power in me punches....... not saying i have a **** punch but it could be a whole lot better??

elveiel
01-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Well living in scotland you get a lot of guys that just want to start fights with you for looking at them the wrong way. After a while you just think **** it next someone someone starts with me just knock the **** outta them. Also watch the rocky movies are a big help. Also spinks is the best way to get power in your punches working hard on the heavy bag... cos i've got the pace around the ring but lack a lot a bit of power in me punches....... not saying i have a **** punch but it could be a whole lot better??

Scotland's pretty bad for fighting, i was in Glasgow for a week and i got in more trouble than i normally do in a year!!

I get the feeling the scots dont like mancs.

cms
01-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Scotland's pretty bad for fighting, i was in Glasgow for a week and i got in more trouble than i normally do in a year!!

I get the feeling the scots dont like mancs.
what are mancs????

boxer2k5
01-05-2005, 05:59 PM
the passion for the sweet science

elveiel
01-05-2005, 08:56 PM
what are mancs????

People from Manchester.

Floydmayweather
01-06-2005, 01:44 AM
Watching RJJ got me inspired, and also iron mike back in the day.

Fistecles
01-08-2005, 12:22 PM
I've always wanted to learn a martial art. I found boxing to be the martial art for me. I like how my mind is forced to work in the ring. Try to out think and out box my opponent.

andreyd
01-20-2005, 09:00 AM
just pure satisfaction of the process...

Mr. Ryan
01-20-2005, 03:13 PM
I got into boxing after leaving a group home for incorrigible children. They put me in this after school program when I was 14 and assigned me to this counselor to try and put my life back on track. He brought me to this gym in Jersey City and told me this was a good place to go, being as I was a big boxing fan. That's how I started boxing. I was 210 lbs. at the time, and got down to 125 and won the 2003 Diamond Gloves in NJ. In mid July 2004, I was a life threatening car accident, but escaped with only a broken fibula and some minor damage to my right knee. I started drinking and doing drugs after that because the time I used to spend boxing was now vacant and I had nothing to do.
Later that summer, I became reacquainted with a child hood friend of mine, Adrianna. I took a step back for a moment and realized that I was a 155 lb. loser who smoked too much weed and was drinking away his boxing aspirations. Last week, when she went away and wasn't returning until April, I went back to the gym with the sole purpose of losing all the weight I put on following the accident so I wouldn't be such a loser. It sucks as the hardest part of training is not being able to eat chinese food anymore, but I have to be tough about this. So I put off drinking and doing drugs until I got my ass into shape. Thats my motivation.