View Full Version : Movies Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

The Noose
11-30-2006, 03:31 AM
I saw a few recenlty.
Southern Comfort i ****ing loved it. Kinda like Deliverance, reminede me of Predator.

The Aristocrats was very funny.

And im currently watching Nightwatch. Some bizarre russian sci-fi fabtasy horror film. Actually very interesting and different. Great special FX. Won some awards apparenlty.

neils7147933
11-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Jesus is Magic/B- or C+ Straight standup would have been better,but it was okay.

Hostel/The Forgotten/Bewitched

Least Crappy---->To Most Crappy

Im not even gonna watch the santa claus.

Damn Neils rent some good movies.
Not going to Santa Clause 3? No kids?

neils7147933
11-30-2006, 10:39 AM
I saw a few recenlty.
Southern Comfort i ****ing loved it. Kinda like Deliverance, reminede me of Predator.

The Aristocrats was very funny.

And im currently watching Nightwatch. Some bizarre russian sci-fi fabtasy horror film. Actually very interesting and different. Great special FX. Won some awards apparenlty.
I wish that The Aristocrats wasn't so "clever" and had just let comedians do their thing without all the editing/cuts away. Still an okay view...

Mech.
11-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Not going to Santa Clause 3? No kids?

No kids.Got a little brother but,hes outgrown that.

Saw that awhile ago.It was okay a little too long and a little too low budget tho.The sequel had a bigger budget,but it was sucky.

-Antonio-
11-30-2006, 12:53 PM
I thought Aristocrats was okay. Bob Sagat's version was hilarious. I picked up Clerks 2 the other day on DVD. I was worried I would be let down, but damn it was almost as good as the first one. Great movie, and the 90 minute or so documentary was interesting.

neils7147933
11-30-2006, 01:00 PM
I thought Aristocrats was okay. Bob Sagat's version was hilarious. I picked up Clerks 2 the other day on DVD. I was worried I would be let down, but damn it was almost as good as the first one. Great movie, and the 90 minute or so documentary was interesting.
I give the original Clerks. a 10/10 - it's a comedy classic, and other than Annie Hall, has the best comedic dialogue I've ever seen in a film.

The second one I gave a 7/10 to and I liked a few scenes in quite a bit...

neils7147933
12-01-2006, 02:30 AM
Saw a pretty good one tonight.

A History of Violence

It's a solid three-star movie. I kind of wish that the story had been more involved, but what was onscreen was always interesting. Viggo Mortensen is a badass in this movie.

Not sure if William Hurt's Oscar nomination was warranted, though...

The Noose
12-01-2006, 03:24 AM

A History of Violence

It's a solid three-star movie. I kind of wish that the story had been more involved, but what was onscreen was always interesting. Viggo Mortensen is a badass in this movie.

I liked that film. Thought it was very simple and effective. Those sex scenes were somthing else.

But for a Cronenberg film it was unusual. Didnt have the usual Cronenberg signitures.

Mech.
12-01-2006, 07:19 AM

A History of Violence

I enjoyed that flick...Its almost so bad its good, kinda good.

Have you seen any Takeshi Kitano movies,Nails? He kind of created the archetype for Mortensen's character.That movie was like a Takeshi Kitano movie with a happy ending slapped on.

But for a Cronenberg film it was unusual. Didnt have the usual Cronenberg signitures.

If you want see something similar with a harder edge, Id recommend :

Violent Cop (derectorial debut;crazy movie)
Hana-bi (aka Fireworks,Probably Kitano's best)
Sonatine (I think this one is one is part of the "Tarantino Presents" series)

Easier to find might his movie called "Brother" it was an american movie I think,so its kind of like Takeshi Kitano "lite",but an okay movie.

He directs/stars in all of those.

neils7147933
12-01-2006, 08:52 AM
I enjoyed that flick...Its almost so bad its good, kinda good.

Have you seen any Takeshi Kitano movies,Nails? He kind of created the archetype for Mortensen's character.That movie was like a Takeshi Kitano movie with a happy ending slapped on.

Easier to find might his movie called "Brother" it was an american movie I think,so its kind of like Takeshi Kitano "lite",but an okay movie.

No, I'm not familiar with Kitano

The Noose
12-01-2006, 09:36 AM

I doubt il attempt to dig those up. I still have to see Shivers, and am trying to make my way through a 3 hour documentry on the making of the Fly.

-Antonio-
12-02-2006, 01:15 AM

A History of Violence

I enjoyed it. The fight scenes were entertaining.

-Antonio-
12-02-2006, 01:16 AM
Have any of you seen the movie Battle Royale? Its a Japanese film.

The Noose
12-02-2006, 03:07 AM

Yea, i didnt think that much of it after all id heard. Cant remember much.

Mech.
12-02-2006, 10:30 AM

Yeah,whatd you think? did you like I mean.
-----------------------------------------------

I finally saw Talladega Nights...hilarious.I thought it was much better than Anchorman,it had much snappier dialogue so it didnt have those lulls in the movie where the improv goes on too long like Anchorman did.

-Antonio-
12-02-2006, 01:22 PM

I finally saw Talladega Nights...hilarious.I thought it was much better than Anchorman,it had much snappier dialogue so it didnt have those lulls in the movie where the improv goes on too long like Anchorman did.

I really enjoyed it. It was brutal and funny in some parts. Theres also a message behind it. The government blaming the kids, friends turning on friends, etc.

Ive heard they are making an American version. It will probably suck though unless the filmmaker is fearless.

phallus
12-02-2006, 08:26 PM
watched the weight of water last night. pretty good film, it has sara polley in it, Ana from dawn of the dead. i love sara polley, and in this film she gets down with another chick, and her brother, and even this little dog gets to lick her face over and over again the way i would. anyway, the film is very well put togehter, the cinematography is tight, and great directing by kathryn bigelow ( yes, she's the sister of deuce ).
liz hurley is also in the film, my God, she rubs an ice cube all over her exposed breast and then sucks it. i'd still rather be that little puppy licking sara polley's face, i could see the joy everytime his little tongue touched her cheek

neils7147933
12-03-2006, 11:02 AM
watched the weight of water last night. pretty good film, it has sara polley in it, Ana from dawn of the dead. i love sara polley, and in this film she gets down with another chick, and her brother, and even this little dog gets to lick her face over and over again the way i would. anyway, the film is very well put togehter, the cinematography is tight, and great directing by kathryn bigelow ( yes, she's the sister of deuce ).
liz hurley is also in the film, my God, she rubs an ice cube all over her exposed breast and then sucks it. i'd still rather be that little puppy licking sara polley's face, i could see the joy everytime his little tongue touched her cheek
Sarah Polley was in the old show Ramona, based on the Beverly Cleary books. Then she played a druggie slut in Go. I love **** like that...

phallus
12-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Sarah Polley was in the old show Ramona, based on the Beverly Cleary books. Then she played a druggie slut in Go. I love **** like that...

neils, is there, uh, any, nudity in Go? i mean sara polley nudity, i think i'd very much like to see this movie

-Antonio-
12-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Saw Waiste Deep over the weekend. Thought it was a decent film until the end, which was the worst I have seen in a loooong time.

neils7147933
12-05-2006, 08:18 AM
neils, is there, uh, any, nudity in Go? i mean sara polley nudity, i think i'd very much like to see this movie
It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I'm pretty sure the answer to your question is 'no'

phallus
12-06-2006, 01:04 AM
It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I'm pretty sure the answer to your question is 'no'

dammit...i bet i'll still have the urge to lick the screen whenever her face is on it

neils7147933
12-06-2006, 08:54 AM
dammit...i bet i'll still have the urge to lick the screen whenever her face is on it
be wary of static electricity...

Mech.
12-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Watched scanner darkly today.Good flick.VERY faithful adaptation of the book

-Antonio-
12-07-2006, 10:41 PM
I intend on watchin Slither and Pulse sometime this weekend. Anybody seen them?

phallus
12-08-2006, 10:11 PM
this one's a double header, i watched two good movies recently, so here's da **** on both:

Matewan: wow, great film that probably never got the recognition it deserved. Corruption and union busting in poor coal mining towns, i have a feeling the movie is based on a true story. Excellent performances, believeable characters.

Luck: canadian made low budget film starring sara polley. even though she doesn't get naked in the film, i've watched several of her films now and and am starting to think she's got a "no nudity" clause in her contract. DAMMIT!!!
anyway, the film is a real roller coaster ride about gamblers and the 1972 olympic hockey series, which canada won. very good story, the characters really become real and likable in a hurry. the film really pulls u in. there's some shots of polley, closeups, where i actually licked my tv screen, i just wish i'd remmebered to dust it once in a while first.

jason100x
12-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Matewan was an incredible film. John Sayles is one of my favorite filmmakers out there, especially because of Lone Star.

* FeistyWench *
12-10-2006, 10:58 AM
i hate that i don't get to go to the movies and i have to wait until the movie comes out on dvd...by then everyone has already discussed the movie and moved on. :(

i recently saw superman returns, the break up, davinci code, mission impossible 3, click

wtf is up with the "son"?
when did lois & superman have sex? i assume it was just aluded to or insinuated. he certainly didn't act like he slept with her by his aloofness and calling her ms. lane. there was no hint of intimacy at all between them. i just didn't buy it.

davinci code, not as good as book, but decent flick.
mi3 sucked.
i enjoyed click.

neils7147933
12-10-2006, 06:59 PM
i hate that i don't get to go to the movies and i have to wait until the movie comes out on dvd...by then everyone has already discussed the movie and moved on. :(

i recently saw superman returns, the break up, davinci code, mission impossible 3, click

when did lois & superman have sex? i assume it was just aluded to or insinuated. he certainly didn't act like he slept with her by his aloofness and calling her ms. lane. there was no hint of intimacy at all between them. i just didn't buy it.

mi3 sucked.
i enjoyed click.
Didn't Clark and Lois have sex in 'Superman II'?

Mech.
12-11-2006, 12:26 AM
Didn't Clark and Lois have sex in 'Superman II'?

In the fortress of solitude.

in the butt.

The Noose
12-11-2006, 08:32 AM

mi3 sucked.
i enjoyed click.

I thought Superman returns sucked. But that was sooooo last summer! :rolleyes: ;)

I actually thought the son storyline was the best part of that lame film.
Also, in Superman 2 after they shagged and he turned human and back again, at the end he kisses Louis and she forgets everything.
Maybe that would explain Superman's aloooofness.

* FeistyWench *
12-11-2006, 10:50 AM
I thought Superman returns sucked. But that was sooooo last summer! :rolleyes: ;)

I actually thought the son storyline was the best part of that lame film.
Also, in Superman 2 after they shagged and he turned human and back again, at the end he kisses Louis and she forgets everything.
Maybe that would explain Superman's aloooofness.

but she knew her son was superman's baby...i thought she forgot everything?????

anyway...i wasn't impressed with the movie and i certainly wouldn't watch it again.

oh, i did watch the last season of sopranos...
not as good as previous seasons. i didn't care for the dream/hospital episodes. and though i am not anti-gay by any stretch, i found ther whole gay vito think disgusting, mainly because vito is disgusting in appearance and personality. his manner of death was brutal and uncalled for though.

The Noose
12-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Very true. How did she know it was supermans? Or did she? I always got the impression she slept around.
But i thought she didnt know until ther son threw a piano across the room.

As for the Sopranos, i havent watched the last series, and didnt read watever u said. But i am going to download Lost season 3 for xmas, so i can join in some of ur threads that exclude me. :)

Actually talking about superhero films. I have watched HULK afew times recently. I think they ****ed up and didnt make him very angry, but the film looks beautiful the whole way through.
I preffered the tv series.

* FeistyWench *
12-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Very true. How did she know it was supermans? Or did she? I always got the impression she slept around.
But i thought she didnt know until ther son threw a piano across the room.

As for the Sopranos, i havent watched the last series, and didnt read watever u said. But i am going to download Lost season 3 for xmas, so i can join in some of ur threads that exclude me. :)

Actually talking about superhero films. I have watched HULK afew times recently. I think they ****ed up and didnt make him very angry, but the film looks beautiful the whole way through.
I preffered the tv series.

you could tell she knew by her face when lex first asked her who the father was, before the piano incident. plus, it explains why she was so scorned when he left - why she wrote that award winning article.

as for lost season 3....let know as soon as you watch them...i wanna know your thoughts. you should download heroes if you haven't seen any of those.

PATO 1
12-12-2006, 11:30 AM
watched mean girls with my GF last night

brilliant

jason100x
12-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Superman Returns was a huge disappointment. The baby aspect was silly and didn't advance the plot at all. I felt overall there was too much padding just to allow the movie to be as long as it did. Too long.
I liked Batman Begins much better.

I didn't see the Sixth Season of the Sopranos yet. I have a few of the seasons on DVD but I heard this season wasn't as good so I was holding off picking it up until the price came down. HBO charges an arm and a leg for their DVD sets.

neils7147933
12-13-2006, 01:27 AM
watched mean girls with my GF last night

brilliant
Heathers > Mean Girls

neils7147933
12-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Superman Returns was a huge disappointment. The baby aspect was silly and didn't advance the plot at all. I felt overall there was too much padding just to allow the movie to be as long as it did. Too long.
I liked Batman Begins much better.

I didn't see the Sixth Season of the Sopranos yet. I have a few of the seasons on DVD but I heard this season wasn't as good so I was holding off picking it up until the price came down. HBO charges an arm and a leg for their DVD sets.
Superman Returns is setting the stage for the new franchise. To me, it was only a 2 1/2 star movie but I'm thinking the next one will build on it and be better...

* FeistyWench *
12-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Superman Returns is setting the stage for the new franchise. To me, it was only a 2 1/2 star movie but I'm thinking the next one will build on it and be better...

i didn't care for their superman or lois,

jason100x
12-13-2006, 01:20 PM

It would have to be a lot better. For me, Superman Returns was about a two star movie.

On another note, I saw Little Children last night with Kate Winslet and Jennifer Connolly. Very good. Todd Field made the film and he has a knack for showing how suburban life often tends to hide a lot of darkness. Much like American Beauty. The sex offender subplot was very sad and did a good job of showing how someone like that takes a toll on their family.

The Noose
12-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Heathers > Mean Girls
Indeed. I loved Heathers.

Sounds like the the new starwars films. It was really all about Revenge of the Sith, the first 2 were set ups.
Thats probably why they were so crap.

phallus
12-14-2006, 12:58 AM

Sounds like the the new starwars films. It was really all about Revenge of the Sith, the first 2 were set ups.

true, but attack of the clones was less crap than the one before it

luv the dimebag sig, B0bBy, u're giving me the horn

Oasis_Lad
12-14-2006, 01:01 AM
i just recently watched mine and dr filths home made movie

damn we were in our primes then. so toned and athletic

neils7147933
12-14-2006, 01:02 AM

I thought the third one wasn't any better than I or II. I didn't hate I or II, but I'm not so into the series that my opinion would have many supporting points vs. a sci-fi nerd...

I had the pod race and Darth Maul. There are a lot worse summer action movies that get released every year

neils7147933
12-14-2006, 01:02 AM
i didn't care for their superman or lois,
Bosworth was terrible as Lois, agreed.

neils7147933
12-14-2006, 01:04 AM
I'm about an hour into Unforgiveable Blackness right now. I'll try to finish it up on my four days off. Who else has seen the 4-hour Ken Burns doc?

phallus
12-14-2006, 01:49 AM
I'm about an hour into Unforgiveable Blackness right now. I'll try to finish it up on my four days off. Who else has seen the 4-hour Ken Burns doc?

the jack johnson doc, i've seen about half of it. i really enjoyed it, but johnson is kind of a hero of mine

...say neils, how do u like my new sig? u know what the pug wants to do to sweet sara's face

Mech.
12-14-2006, 04:27 AM

Yeah Ive seen it.I think it was the first time Ive seen earl jones actually express an opinion.It was scary.

youre the first gemini I noticed Nails.

neils7147933
12-14-2006, 11:14 AM
the jack johnson doc, i've seen about half of it. i really enjoyed it, but johnson is kind of a hero of mine

...say neils, how do u like my new sig? u know what the pug wants to do to sweet sara's face
I used to have a fawn pug.

I've seen Sara look much cuter

jason100x
12-14-2006, 11:59 AM
I saw Unforgiveable Blackness when it first aired. It was very good. Combined with reading the book, it makes for a very educational experience. Usually you can't go wrong with Ken Burns. I don't care about baseball so I sat out the epic documentary Burns made on that subject but his Civil War was incredible and the one on jazz was very good too.

Mech.
12-15-2006, 05:55 AM
Scoop is out in theaters now
And is Little Miss Sunshine

I'd like to see them both...

Have you seen Little Miss Sunshine Neils? Ive been wanting to check it out.

phallus
12-15-2006, 11:12 PM
I used to have a fawn pug.

I've seen Sara look much cuter

where do i look to see this for myself?

neils7147933
12-16-2006, 05:45 AM
Have you seen Little Miss Sunshine Neils? Ive been wanting to check it out.
Not yet; it's in the dollar theatres around here, so DVD soon I'm thinking

It just got some Golden Globe noms too

neils7147933
12-16-2006, 05:49 AM
where do i look to see this for myself?
your sig pic looks like a mugshot

I'll dip into my personal photo collection. Like right here, when I snapped a pic prior to doing some bang bus **** with Miss Polley and Tom Cruise's old lady:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6369/zzzzzsp4.jpg

-Antonio-
12-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Saw Pursuit of Happyness the other night. Decent flick...

AIR_KENG
12-16-2006, 09:11 PM
sup pipol... just watched tenacious d last night... freakin hilarious... :D pretty lame ending but overall it was ok...

by the way, james bond rocks... not the usual 007 film i have watched starring brosnan but it was awesome... nice twists...

* FeistyWench *
12-17-2006, 09:53 AM
i finally saw clerks 2 last night. Randal (Jeff Anderson) is hilarious!
Thought it was a good flick.

AIR_KENG
12-17-2006, 08:29 PM
I am a fan of chinese movies, with all the flying and stunts but I made a bad decision when I watched Shaolin vs Evil Dead 2 yesterday... lol... It sucked...

THE REAL NINJA
12-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Nacho Libre ....I gave 1 ninja star ...I hate dumb humor
Larry the cable guy [Health Inspector]....2 ninja stars ...I hate redneck bathroom humor even more but it had it's moments
Littleman...3 ninja stars ...Nothing really stands out but it was entertaining .
Robin Williams [RV] 5 ninja stars...Classic family roadtrip story with some very funny moments.
Superman returns ...5 ninja stars ...Story was off but I like the visuals, concept and was entertaining.

AIR_KENG
12-17-2006, 09:42 PM
anyone seen deja vu yet? was it good?

neils7147933
12-18-2006, 01:15 AM
Saw Out of Sight and Conspiracy Theory the past 2 days - couple late 1990s films. Out of Sight was okay but not worthy of praise I'd read about it - I was surprised to see it was nominated for an editing Oscar. I thought it tried to be too clever with the snips and visuals and out-of-order sequences when it could have been concentrating on making the end of the movie quasi-believable. It was on okay watch, but Get Shorty - another Leonard novel turned film - was way better.

Conspiracy Theory was decent; I would have liked to have seen Mel's character a little more reasonable - but I guess that's not going to happen. The MK Ultra angle and his CITR obsession kind of spoiled the whole thing, but it was entertaining the whole way through...

Out of Sight - 6/10; Conspiracy Theory 7/10

Mech.
12-18-2006, 01:52 AM
I watched the host,a Korean(i think) movie getting all kinds of praise,it was Okay,very well directed,but just okay.Dark humor type of thing.If youve seen Battle Royal it was kind of like that in a weird way.

Theres this other movie,Memories of Murder,by the same director,which is much much better.

jason100x
12-18-2006, 09:33 AM
I liked Out Of Sight but I felt it did better in terms of mood (ex. the romantic tension between Lopez and Clooney) than the story. That was the beginning of when Steven Soderburgh peaked as a director. Then he had The Limey, which I really liked, Traffic, Erin Brockovitch.

phallus
12-18-2006, 01:21 PM
your sig pic looks like a mugshot

I'll dip into my personal photo collection. Like right here, when I snapped a pic prior to doing some bang bus **** with Miss Polley and Tom Cruise's old lady:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6369/zzzzzsp4.jpg

very nice, i like the mugshot pic though, i think that's what i'd get if i woke up next to her in the morning... i have another one from Dawn of the Dead i'm gonna swap in later... this one
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/49/Sarah_Polley.jpg

phallus
12-18-2006, 01:25 PM
watched fellini's cassanova (sp) this weekend. my wrist is still so sore i can barely type, for a film made in 1976 it is filled with nudity and graphic depictions of sexuality, two of my favorite things. there's a couple of great orgy scenes and this one part with a little german hunchback girl, u know it's gonna be good when a big titted german actress lady introduces her to cassanova and says " she's always hungry... for ****s "

very enjoyable film

-Antonio-
12-18-2006, 06:32 PM
I watched Lethal Weapon for like the 20th time again. I love that movie. Mel Gibson at his best.

Mech.
12-25-2006, 04:52 AM
Rocky 6- I was disappointed by the actual fight,not that Im a stickler,I guess i was expecting too much.Its like the rest of the movie was building to the fight,but the rest of the movie set the expectations higher than the fight scenes could fufill.

My Super Ex-Girlfrined- I was expecting a really bad comedy,but it had its moments.That girl from the scary movie franchise...is hot.

oh and this kung fu movie called 7 Grandmasters

THE BEST kung fu movie all time.Awesome fight scenes + enjoyable characters= :wank: :luvbed:

flipside
12-25-2006, 09:59 AM
is apocalypto,blood diamond,deja vu any good? planning to buy the dvd next month.

-Antonio-
12-29-2006, 05:45 PM
I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on DVD over the Holiday. I dont care how sad I sound, but I love this movie. I was a huge fan of the turtles as a kid, and this movie still lives up to what it was back then. I feel like if people can actually look past the fact that its four walking talking turtles then they will realize its a good film. Its too bad they went away from the serious tone in the sequels.

Liaison
12-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Just watched Shortbus at the local theatre, oh boy

:wank:

neils7147933
12-30-2006, 10:55 AM
I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on DVD over the Holiday. I dont care how sad I sound, but I love this movie. I was a huge fan of the turtles as a kid, and this movie still lives up to what it was back then. I feel like if people can actually look past the fact that its four walking talking turtles then they will realize its a good film. Its too bad they went away from the serious tone in the sequels.
The first one was good, the second pretty bad but more kiddy and kind of good for them. The third was damn near unwatchable. Like Masters Of the Universe (1987) unwatchable.

neils7147933
01-04-2007, 12:11 AM
I took all the kids to see Night at the Museum. All the outside-the-museum stuff is really basic, but it moves along quickly and the theater definitely seemed to like it. Ben Stiller is pleasant, and is his trademark self yet not crude at all. Only very little kids would be scared. It's a fun watch and gets a boost from a good supporting cast including Owen Wilson, Robin Williams, Mickey Rooney, Dick Van Dyke... 7/10

Harms
01-04-2007, 12:23 AM
is apocalypto,blood diamond,deja vu any good? planning to buy the dvd next month.

I saw Deja Vu the other day. Wasn't too bad. I like Denzel. Requires a suspension of disbelief though

Liaison
01-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Finally got round to seeing Elizabethtown on DVD yesterday after I kept myself away from it for over a year due to some harsh criticism from some critics. I was pleasantly surprised, it was a wonderfully told story coupled with fantastic performances from both Bloom and Dunst.

American_Ninja
01-04-2007, 02:20 AM
1. Snatch.
2. Pulp Fiction.
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. Fearless - Jet Li
5. Signs.
6. The Green Mile
7. Jeepers Creepers 1
8. Silence Of The Lambs
9. The Pursuit Of Happiness
10. Van Helsing

TomRiddle
01-04-2007, 02:24 AM
I thought Van Helsing has a Sequel, I read somewhere about Hugh Jackman that theyre making a Wolverine movie with him still the Superhero and theyre planning to make Dragonball Z with him being Son Gokou????

American_Ninja
01-04-2007, 02:32 AM
Haven't heard anything of a Van Helsing sequel. There's Open Water 2.
They need to make Jeepers Creepers III.

American_Ninja
01-04-2007, 02:34 AM
I thought Van Helsing has a Sequel, I read somewhere about Hugh Jackman that theyre making a Wolverine movie with him still the Superhero and theyre planning to make Dragonball Z with him being Son Gokou????

You thinking of X Men The Last Stand?

TomRiddle
01-04-2007, 02:43 AM
You thinking of X Men The Last Stand?

no, a Wolverine Title not Xmen.

but of course its still Xmen, but a solo I mean.

Mech.
01-04-2007, 02:50 AM

Yup theres a wolverine movie in the works.and its stars the same dude.Not sure whos directing,but I read they have a script done.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got around to watching lady in the water.Not a bad movie. B-

Mech.
01-04-2007, 02:50 AM

YO WHATS UP WITH THE HARRY POTTER MOVIE?!

I CANT WAIT. :dance:

-Antonio-
01-04-2007, 04:23 AM
This thread doesnt get enough posts. I know theres a lot of people on this board who love movies.

The Surgeon
01-04-2007, 08:47 AM
I watched Crank last week it was ****in awsum! Wut uz think of it?
Any1 know if De ja vu, with Denzell is any good? Quite fany seein that, Denzell is Da Man!

The Raging Bull
01-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Anyone watch The Firm last night on Bravo? I watched it and it is very similar to Green Street, although it should be expected really.

It stars Gary Oldman and a few other actors who are now soapstars and is basically about football hooligans and a rivalry between two local 'firms' of hooligans. They are fighting it out to decide who leads the 'national firm' to Germany, where England are playing.

It's a very gritty and distinctly British film, but enjoyable. The acting is ok mostly, and the action is cool unless you see it close up and realise how **** some of them throw punches :D

neils7147933
01-04-2007, 10:22 AM

I just saw Chamber of Secrets the other night for the first time. I was like - Tom Riddle - I've heard that name before...

Mech.
01-05-2007, 08:00 AM
I just saw Chamber of Secrets the other night for the first time. I was like - Tom Riddle - I've heard that name before...

hahaha.

Was that ur first time watching one of those movies?

I actually like the 3rd one...

:dance:

phallus
01-05-2007, 11:12 PM
i watched a canadian film called Leolo last night. it's great, but maybe just i thought so because i'm ****ed up. anyway, it's about this strange family in 1960's quebec ( montreal, probably - i missed the very beginning of the film ).
there's lot's of social commentary and weird sex in the film, the scenes in that film stay with u for a long time

SonnyG8R
01-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Brought the kids to see Night at the Museum a few nights ago. Not a bad flick. Not great but entertaining in it's own way.

SonnyG8R
01-06-2007, 12:26 AM
I can't wait to see Pan's Labyrinth. It is supposed to be the best movie of the year.

http://www.panslabyrinth.com/

neils7147933
01-06-2007, 12:27 PM
hahaha.

Was that ur first time watching one of those movies?

I actually like the 3rd one...

:dance:
I own all 4 now but I've only watched the first 2. I'll probably get to the other 2 this week...

Mech.
01-06-2007, 01:28 PM
I can't wait to see Pan's Labyrinth. It is supposed to be the best movie of the year.

yeah Ive been wanting to see that.& waitin for hellboy2.Del Toro has an older movie called The Devil's Backbone thats worth a watch.
------------------------------------

I think the movie Im looking forward to the most is 300
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/Umbrax/300.jpg

What about the rest of you b_tches? What movie r you looking forward too?

TomRiddle
01-08-2007, 12:59 AM

lol, its July 13 my fellow wizard friend, its just hard to talk about Harry Potter in these boards as were surrounded by muggles. lol. :beerchug:

http://www.mugglenet.com/gallery/albums/movies/ootp/promos/normal_poster.jpg

TomRiddle
01-08-2007, 01:04 AM

haha, lol, thats it Neils :lol1: I was about to give you karma but I had to spread some more around, I forgot I had given you one before.

yeah I like the movies, but I love the books more. I think that is the only movie where Tom Riddle is present, dunno about Harry Potter & the Half-Blood prince if they show Tom again, he's Lord Voldemort in the rest.

neils7147933
01-08-2007, 11:49 AM
haha, lol, thats it Neils :lol1: I was about to give you karma but I had to spread some more around, I forgot I had given you one before.

yeah I like the movies, but I love the books more. I think that is the only movie where Tom Riddle is present, dunno about Harry Potter & the Half-Blood prince if they show Tom again, he's Lord Voldemort in the rest.
I've seen them all now.

I think that they get better as they go along - 3 might be slightly better than 4.

I haven't read the books, but I would rank the movies in this order:

1. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Goblet of Fire
3. Chamber of Secrets
4. Sorceror's Stone

Mech.
01-08-2007, 12:16 PM
I've seen them all now.

I think that they get better as they go along - 3 might be slightly better than 4.

I haven't read the books, but I would rank the movies in this order:

1. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Goblet of Fire
3. Chamber of Secrets
4. Sorceror's Stone

glad you agree with me on azkaban.

neils7147933
01-08-2007, 12:29 PM
glad you agree with me on azkaban.
I made it an hour into Fellowship of the Ring and gave up

I think I may try to watch the LOTR trilogy now that I have sat through the four Potter films...

Mech.
01-08-2007, 12:57 PM
I made it an hour into Fellowship of the Ring and gave up

lol.dont go watching the extended versions,stick with the theatrical cuts.

I dont have a favorite out of that trilogy...each has a set of memorable scenes I dont think any one of them is much better than the other.

I just checked the imdb scores...8.8 is definetly too high.

Solid sevens all around.

* FeistyWench *
01-08-2007, 01:06 PM
children of men appeals to me. looks like it would be a good flick.
kinda handmaiden tale-ish.

i love the harry potter books. the movies never do them justice though.
i was thoroughly disappointed in goblet of fire movie. but the books get better with each one. seems like they are geared more toward adults now.

Mech.
01-08-2007, 01:10 PM

i was thoroughly disappointed in goblet of fire movie. but the books get better with each one. seems like they are geared more toward adults now.

you keep telling yourself that.

I kid,I kid.

* FeistyWench *
01-08-2007, 01:16 PM
you keep telling yourself that.

I kid,I kid.

what i mean is that the first 2 movies, were obviously very tame.
the books that followed those seem less kid-friendly. good guys keep dying, and the ultimate bad guy isn't caught. you just don't expect that in kid movies.

* FeistyWench *
01-08-2007, 01:17 PM
http://www.childrenofmen.net/

* FeistyWench *
01-08-2007, 01:18 PM

looks good. maybe we could actually go together and ditch the spouses. lol!
well, at least ditch MY spouse. lol! :D

* FeistyWench *
01-08-2007, 01:19 PM
yeah Ive been wanting to see that.& waitin for hellboy2.Del Toro has an older movie called The Devil's Backbone thats worth a watch.

lol! i just watched hellboy again last night.

Mech.
01-08-2007, 01:21 PM
what i mean is that the first 2 movies, were obviously very tame.
the books that followed those seem less kid-friendly. good guys keep dying, and the ultimate bad guy isn't caught. you just don't expect that in kid movies.

yeah.alot of stuff out there though,thats geared towards kids,is insulting to a kid's mentality.(too dumbed down i mean)

* FeistyWench *
01-08-2007, 01:38 PM
yeah.alot of stuff out there though,thats geared towards kids,is insulting to a kid's mentality.(too dumbed down i mean)

yeah, i hear ya. it's goofy.

platinummatt!
01-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Do you talk mainly on here?

* FeistyWench *
01-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Do you talk mainly on here?

me? what do you mean?

neils7147933
01-08-2007, 03:53 PM
http://www.childrenofmen.net/
Have you seen that one or are you just interested? Same director as Y Tu Mama Tambien and Prisoner of Azkaban, so it could be good. Rotten tomatoes has a high rating for it too.

But I'm a little nervous about Julianne Moore in sci-fi since The Forgotten...

* FeistyWench *
01-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Have you seen that one or are you just interested? Same director as Y Tu Mama Tambien and Prisoner of Azkaban, so it could be good. Rotten tomatoes has a high rating for it too.

But I'm a little nervous about Julianne Moore in sci-fi since The Forgotten...

i haven't seen it (i said this in an earlier post...sorry).
plot looks good, but like you, i doubt julianna moore's acting ability.
she is not one of my favs.

platinummatt!
01-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Yes, with sonny I mean

* FeistyWench *
01-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Yes, with sonny I mean

yeah, i guess. we live within an hour of each other but we really don't see each other very often and neither of us are phone chatters.

platinummatt!
01-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Really? oh right.

* FeistyWench *
01-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Really? oh right.

we have brief visits here and there. if he is in my area for business, he always stops by before or after his meeting. he likes to see my kids more than me, i think. lol!

platinummatt!
01-08-2007, 04:57 PM
lol! Lucky your son probably cant read yet.

TomRiddle
01-08-2007, 09:14 PM

??? :omfg:

I'm surprised I found another HP fan here :D

hell yeah, that is true, the movies does change a bit of the story, but I like to watch them anyway, I imagined the cast everytime I read the books.

* FeistyWench *
01-08-2007, 09:51 PM
??? :omfg:

I'm surprised I found another HP fan here :D

hell yeah, that is true, the movies does change a bit of the story, but I like to watch them anyway, I imagined the cast everytime I read the books.

i have all of the books on CD and have read each book once and listened to each book twice. the narrator of the books is brillant!

-Antonio-
01-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Never got into the whole harry potter craze. I thought the first one was pretty good and I fell asleep during the third.

-Antonio-
01-09-2007, 12:27 AM

WHen I saw that trailer in theaters I got wood. Seriously though, its got that Sin City feel which I love. Made by the same people I think. Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez.

Mech.
01-10-2007, 03:45 PM
WHen I saw that trailer in theaters I got wood. Seriously though, its got that Sin City feel which I love. Made by the same people I think. Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez.

Its based the frank miller comic,but its a diffrent director,not rodriguez.Its by the same guy who directed the Dawn of the Dead remake.

neils7147933
01-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Even though there was a lot of fiction mixed in with the true story of the 1965-66 Texas Western Miners, I still enjoyed Glory Road - 7/10

I ended up ignoring the cliches and having some fun with Annapolis, too - 6/10

Oasis_Lad
01-17-2007, 11:49 AM
i have all of the books on CD and have read each book once and listened to each book twice. the narrator of the books is brillant!

isn't stephen fry the narrator of the harry potter audio books ?

http://www.stephenfry.com/

-Antonio-
01-18-2007, 01:28 AM
Saw Mean Creek the other night. Very well done for the most part.

Its kind of similar to the movie Bully, which I loved. Id recommend it.

neils7147933
01-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Watched Four Brothers last night. Leave your brain at the door for sure - plot holes you could crawl through - believability is not a positive aspect of this film - but it's certainly big, loud, and fun to sit through and Marky Mark is the ****ing man in this one... I'm not a big Western fan. Didn't even realize this was a remake of Sons of Katie Elder til I saw the imdb page... 7/10

The Raging Bull
01-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Watched Four Brothers last night. Leave your brain at the door for sure - plot holes you could crawl through - believability is not a positive aspect of this film - but it's certainly big, loud, and fun to sit through and Marky Mark is the ****ing man in this one... I'm not a big Western fan. Didn't even realize this was a remake of Sons of Katie Elder til I saw the imdb page... 7/10

I really enjoyed Four Brothers. The acting was quite good and the action was brilliant, but like you said, it's not a thinkers movie :D

* FeistyWench *
01-19-2007, 02:28 PM
isn't stephen fry the narrator of the harry potter audio books ?

http://www.stephenfry.com/

no, it is Jim Dale

http://www.jim-dale.com/

neils7147933
01-21-2007, 07:37 AM
They weren't classics by any stretch of the imagination, but Barbershop and its sequel had some characters I liked, were somewhat amusing, and pleasant to sit through. The same can't be said, I'm afraid, for Beauty Shop, which is a weak spinoff that plays like a sitcom pilot - a very formulaic one. What's good about it, though, is how many legitimate, respected actors take a crap in this film. It gave me one of my sig pics too...lol

Kevin Bacon, Andie Macdowell, Mena Suvari, Djimon Honsou, Alfre Woodard...what the hell are you doing in this movie with Rudy Huxtable and Baby? lol 4/10

Mick Hucknall
01-21-2007, 12:00 PM
stphen fry has done audio for the harry potter books. My mate had one

SonnyG8R
01-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Academy Awards nominations

Complete list of the 79th Annual Academy Award nominations announced Tuesday at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Beverly Hills, Calif.

Best picture
“Babel,” “The Departed,” “Letters From Iwo Jima,” “Little Miss Sunshine,” “The Queen.”

Best actress
Penelope Cruz, “Volver”; Judi Dench, “Notes on a Scandal”; Helen Mirren, “The Queen”; Meryl Streep, “The Devil Wears Prada”; Kate Winslet, “Little Children.”

Best actor
Leonardo DiCaprio, “Blood Diamond”; Ryan Gosling, “Half Nelson”; Peter O’Toole, “Venus”; Will Smith, “The Pursuit of Happyness”; Forest Whitaker, “The Last King of Scotland.”

Supporting actor
Alan Arkin, “Little Miss Sunshine”; Jackie Earle Haley, “Little Children”; Djimon Hounsou, “Blood Diamond”; Eddie Murphy, “Dreamgirls”; Mark Wahlberg, “The Departed.”

Supporting actress
Adriana Barraza, “Babel”; Cate Blanchett, “Notes on a Scandal”; Abigail Breslin, “Little Miss Sunshine”; Jennifer Hudson, “Dreamgirls”; Rinko Kikuchi, “Babel.”

Best director
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, “Babel”; Martin Scorsese, “The Departed”; Clint Eastwood, “Letters From Iwo Jima”; Stephen Frears, “The Queen”; Paul Greengrass, “United 93.”

Best foreign language film
“After the Wedding,” Denmark; “Days of Glory (Indigenes),” Algeria; “The Lives of Others,” Germany; “Pan’s Labyrinth,” Mexico; “Water,” Canada.

Best adapted screenplay
Sacha Baron Cohen and Anthony Hines and Peter Baynham and Dan Mazer and Todd Phillips, “Borat Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan”; Alfonso Cuaron and Timothy J. Sexton and David Arata and Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, “Children of Men”; William Monahan, “The Departed”; Todd Field and Tom Perrotta, “Little Children”; Patrick Marber, “Notes on a Scandal.”

Best original screenplay
Guillermo Arriaga, “Babel”; Iris Yama****a and Paul Haggis, “Letters From Iwo Jima”; Michael Arndt, “Little Miss Sunshine”; Guillermo del Toro, “Pan’s Labyrinth”; Peter Morgan, “The Queen.”

Animated feature
“Cars,” “Happy Feet,” “Monster House.”

Art direction
“Dreamgirls,” “The Good Shepherd,” “Pan’s Labyrinth,” “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest,” “The Prestige.”

Cinematography
“The Black Dahlia,” “Children of Men,” “The Illusionist,” “Pan’s Labyrinth,” “The Prestige.”

Sound mixing
“Apocalypto,” “Blood Diamond,” “Dreamgirls,” “Flags of Our Fathers,” “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.”

Sound editing
“Apocalypto,” “Blood Diamond,” “Flags of Our Fathers,” “Letters From Iwo Jima,” “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.”

Best original song
“I Need to Wake Up” from “An Inconvenient Truth,” Melissa Etheridge; “Listen” from “Dreamgirls,” Henry Krieger, Scott Cutler and Anne Preven; “Love You I Do” from “Dreamgirls,” Henry Krieger and Siedah Garrett; “Our Town” from “Cars,” Randy Newman; “Patience” from “Dreamgirls,” Henry Krieger and Willie Reale.

Best original score
“Babel,” Gustavo Santaolalla; “The Good German,” Thomas Newman; “Notes on a Scandal,” Philip Glass; “Pan’s Labyrinth,” Javier Navarrete; “The Queen,” Alexandre Desplat.

Costume
“Curse of the Golden Flower,” “The Devil Wears Prada,” “Dreamgirls,” “Marie Antoinette,” “The Queen.”

Documentary feature
“Deliver Us From Evil,” “An Inconvenient Truth,” “Iraq in Fragments,” “Jesus Camp,” “My Country, My Country.”

Documentary short
“The Blood of Yingzhou District,” “Recycled Life,” “Rehearsing a Dream,” “Two Hands.”

Film editing
“Babel,” “Blood Diamond,” “Children of Men,” “The Departed,” “United 93.”

Makeup
“Apocalypto,” “Click,” “Pan’s Labyrinth.”

Animated short film
“The Danish Poet,” “Lifted,” “The Little Matchgirl,” “Maestro,” “No Time for Nuts.”

Live action short film
“Binta and the Great Idea (Binta Y La Gran Idea),” “Eramos Pocos (One Too Many),” “Helmer & Son,” “The Saviour,” “West Bank Story.” \

Visual effects
“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest,” “Poseidon,” “Superman Returns.”

neils7147933
01-24-2007, 12:49 AM
Academy Awards nominations

Complete list of the 79th Annual Academy Award nominations announced Tuesday at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Beverly Hills, Calif.

Best picture
“Babel,” “The Departed,” “Letters From Iwo Jima,” “Little Miss Sunshine,” “The Queen.”

Best actress
Penelope Cruz, “Volver”; Judi Dench, “Notes on a Scandal”; Helen Mirren, “The Queen”; Meryl Streep, “The Devil Wears Prada”; Kate Winslet, “Little Children.”

Best actor
Leonardo DiCaprio, “Blood Diamond”; Ryan Gosling, “Half Nelson”; Peter O’Toole, “Venus”; Will Smith, “The Pursuit of Happyness”; Forest Whitaker, “The Last King of Scotland.”

Supporting actor
Alan Arkin, “Little Miss Sunshine”; Jackie Earle Haley, “Little Children”; Djimon Hounsou, “Blood Diamond”; Eddie Murphy, “Dreamgirls”; Mark Wahlberg, “The Departed.”

Supporting actress
Adriana Barraza, “Babel”; Cate Blanchett, “Notes on a Scandal”; Abigail Breslin, “Little Miss Sunshine”; Jennifer Hudson, “Dreamgirls”; Rinko Kikuchi, “Babel.”

Best director
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, “Babel”; Martin Scorsese, “The Departed”; Clint Eastwood, “Letters From Iwo Jima”; Stephen Frears, “The Queen”; Paul Greengrass, “United 93.”

Best foreign language film
“After the Wedding,” Denmark; “Days of Glory (Indigenes),” Algeria; “The Lives of Others,” Germany; “Pan’s Labyrinth,” Mexico; “Water,” Canada.

Best adapted screenplay
Sacha Baron Cohen and Anthony Hines and Peter Baynham and Dan Mazer and Todd Phillips, “Borat Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan”; Alfonso Cuaron and Timothy J. Sexton and David Arata and Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, “Children of Men”; William Monahan, “The Departed”; Todd Field and Tom Perrotta, “Little Children”; Patrick Marber, “Notes on a Scandal.”

Best original screenplay
Guillermo Arriaga, “Babel”; Iris Yama****a and Paul Haggis, “Letters From Iwo Jima”; Michael Arndt, “Little Miss Sunshine”; Guillermo del Toro, “Pan’s Labyrinth”; Peter Morgan, “The Queen.”

Animated feature
“Cars,” “Happy Feet,” “Monster House.”

Art direction
“Dreamgirls,” “The Good Shepherd,” “Pan’s Labyrinth,” “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest,” “The Prestige.”

Cinematography
“The Black Dahlia,” “Children of Men,” “The Illusionist,” “Pan’s Labyrinth,” “The Prestige.”

Sound mixing
“Apocalypto,” “Blood Diamond,” “Dreamgirls,” “Flags of Our Fathers,” “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.”

Sound editing
“Apocalypto,” “Blood Diamond,” “Flags of Our Fathers,” “Letters From Iwo Jima,” “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.”

Best original song
“I Need to Wake Up” from “An Inconvenient Truth,” Melissa Etheridge; “Listen” from “Dreamgirls,” Henry Krieger, Scott Cutler and Anne Preven; “Love You I Do” from “Dreamgirls,” Henry Krieger and Siedah Garrett; “Our Town” from “Cars,” Randy Newman; “Patience” from “Dreamgirls,” Henry Krieger and Willie Reale.

Best original score
“Babel,” Gustavo Santaolalla; “The Good German,” Thomas Newman; “Notes on a Scandal,” Philip Glass; “Pan’s Labyrinth,” Javier Navarrete; “The Queen,” Alexandre Desplat.

Costume
“Curse of the Golden Flower,” “The Devil Wears Prada,” “Dreamgirls,” “Marie Antoinette,” “The Queen.”

Documentary feature
“Deliver Us From Evil,” “An Inconvenient Truth,” “Iraq in Fragments,” “Jesus Camp,” “My Country, My Country.”

Documentary short
“The Blood of Yingzhou District,” “Recycled Life,” “Rehearsing a Dream,” “Two Hands.”

Film editing
“Babel,” “Blood Diamond,” “Children of Men,” “The Departed,” “United 93.”

Makeup
“Apocalypto,” “Click,” “Pan’s Labyrinth.”

Animated short film
“The Danish Poet,” “Lifted,” “The Little Matchgirl,” “Maestro,” “No Time for Nuts.”

Live action short film
“Binta and the Great Idea (Binta Y La Gran Idea),” “Eramos Pocos (One Too Many),” “Helmer & Son,” “The Saviour,” “West Bank Story.” \

Visual effects
“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest,” “Poseidon,” “Superman Returns.”
Glad to see Little Miss Sunshine getting the nominations. I watched it tonight and it's the best comedy I've seen in years. It starts sharp and entertaining and doesn't peter out; in fact, the last 15 minutes of the movie are a very satisfying pay off. Nice to see the little girl getting a Supporting Actress nod, even if it is just to show up in a pretty dress and watch Jennifer Hudson get her trophy

I haven't seen a lot of those movies, but The Departed deserved its noms, and it's interesting that Mark Wahlberg gets a nomination over the loved Jack Nicholson for the same film...

-Antonio-
01-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Havent seen many of those films. Will Smith's nomination was warrented.

phallus
01-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Havent seen many of those films. Will Smith's nomination was warrented.

i haven't seen any of those films, i remember when i used to watch every oscar nominated film back in the days when i was less cynical.

anyway, i did watch the world's fastest indian the other night. good film. true story of an old coot who took a 1920 indian scout and made it go 205 miles and hour... he also bangs a couple of really hot gilfs, one of them says " dirty old men need love too "

Mech.
01-24-2007, 09:33 PM
i haven't seen any of those films, i remember when i used to watch every oscar nominated film back in the days when i was less cynical.

anyway, i did watch the world's fastest indian the other night. good film. true story of an old coot who took a 1920 indian scout and made it go 205 miles and hour... he also bangs a couple of really hot gilfs, one of them says " dirty old men need love too "

I was watching that metalocalypse cartoon,theres a part where one of the characters says to an old lady "You know what you are? Youre a g-milf,that a grand mother Id like to -"

neils7147933
01-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Damn, I've been disappointed with the past two Woody Allen films, and I'm a Scarlett fan even...

Dirt E Gomez
01-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Has anybody seen 'The Last King of Scotland'? It isn't showing anywhere near my home and as good as I imagine it to be I don't think I want to drive a couple hours to see it.

neils7147933
01-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Has anybody seen 'The Last King of Scotland'? It isn't showing anywhere near my home and as good as I imagine it to be I don't think I want to drive a couple hours to see it.
I haven't seen it; there's one art theater in Indianapolis playing it, but I'm waiting to see if it gets a wider release once Forrest wins the Oscar...

Mech.
01-28-2007, 09:30 PM
I haven't seen it; there's one art theater in Indianapolis playing it, but I'm waiting to see if it gets a wider release once Forrest wins the Oscar...

you really think he can top his performance in Ghost Dog?

neils7147933
01-31-2007, 09:21 AM
you really think he can top his performance in Ghost Dog?
I don't know. Haven't seen Ghost Dog.

Everything I read says that Whitaker is the Oscar favorite, though...

Mech.
01-31-2007, 06:08 PM
I don't know. Haven't seen Ghost Dog.

Everything I read says that Whitaker is the Oscar favorite, though...

It was sarcasm nails.Ghost Dog the way of the samurai!?

Actually I hear its decent.

Anybody seen Pan's Labyrinth? I thought it was a little overrated.Not a bad movie by any means.but it been getting damn near perfect reviews.Id say b+

neils7147933
02-01-2007, 01:16 AM
It was sarcasm nails.Ghost Dog the way of the samurai!?

Actually I hear its decent.

Anybody seen Pan's Labyrinth? I thought it was a little overrated.Not a bad movie by any means.but it been getting damn near perfect reviews.Id say b+
I didn't think Ghost Dog was a low point in his career...

Now, Phenomenon, that's another story...

phallus
02-01-2007, 01:24 AM
i watched eisenstein a few nights ago, has jacqueline mckenzie in it - the hot austrailian chick from romper stomper... anyways, eisenstein was a strange man, made films about children wearing death masks and satires of stalin. very interesting film, kind of grows on you

neils7147933
02-02-2007, 01:40 PM
I watched The Libertine with Johnny Depp, Samantha Morton, John Malkovich last night/this morning. Good cast, weak movie... 5/10

* FeistyWench *
02-02-2007, 01:41 PM
I watched The Libertine with Johnny Depp, Samantha Morton, John Malkovich last night/this morning. Good cast, weak movie... 5/10

damn! i had that on my netflix list

neils7147933
02-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Also saw Ali G In Da House. I'm guessing Borat is way, way better and I noticed it was dated 2002 - it was bad, but in a self-aware bad way. I think it was a good breakthrough for Cohen, but he didn't have to be quite so cliched/vulgar all the way through. Still, I guess it landed him the HBO show - or did the HBO show come first? 5/10

neils7147933
02-02-2007, 01:44 PM
damn! i had that on my netflix list
It was on Starz so I saw it for free. Good performances, but for what occurs onscreen, it's slow - and I'm not usually one to complain about that. Depp put a lot of effort into his character, but the writers didn't give us any reason to care about him. And other than one very graphic scene and a naughty play, it's really not a very sexy film either for it to be a dominant theme...

phallus
02-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Also saw Ali G In Da House. I'm guessing Borat is way, way better and I noticed it was dated 2002 - it was bad, but in a self-aware bad way. I think it was a good breakthrough for Cohen, but he didn't have to be quite so cliched/vulgar all the way through. Still, I guess it landed him the HBO show - or did the HBO show come first? 5/10

i kind of liked Ali G in da house, it was so stupid it made me laugh.

i watched a montreal film called maelstrom last night. it's ****ing awesome, well, maybe not the ending, but the rest of the film is fanatastic. it's about this 25 year old yuppie named bibiane who's life is a ****ing mess. she looks alot like amanda, this career woman i fell in love with last year who was way out of my league. the film has, damn near everything, some social commentary, interesting, great lines like " the abortionist wears a bulletproof vest to mow his lawn ", and of course, the most important thing - NUDITY

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/05/208605_thumb.jpg

neils7147933
02-03-2007, 02:06 PM

I saw Talladega Nights. It was amusing, had some laugh-out loud moments, but Anchorman ****s all over it...

TN - 6/10 Anchorman - 8/10

Mech.
02-05-2007, 03:00 AM
I saw Talladega Nights. It was amusing, had some laugh-out loud moments, but Anchorman ****s all over it...

TN - 6/10 Anchorman - 8/10

**** You

Can I get back the couple of hours I wasted on it?

Nah the movies fine if you enjoy that stuff.I thought the movie was actually only intresting for about 1/3 of the movie,and I didnt like the ending,it didnt fit I thought.

Whitaker didnt blow me away with his performance, I want to watch Ryan Gosling in half-nelson,but hes a long shot to win the oscar.

The Noose
02-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Little Miss Sunshine was great.
Pusher was ****ing great. Its a Danish film.
Antibodies was also pretty good.

Anyone gonna take any notice of these god damn recomendations??

* FeistyWench *
02-05-2007, 04:09 PM

of coure they do. look how many views this thread has gotten.

The Noose
02-06-2007, 10:28 AM
of coure they do. look how many views this thread has gotten.

views shiews!

Its in one ear and out the other with these people! (should that be eye?)

Have u seen The Devil Wears Prada? I downloaded it last night, i watched the first half an hour, looks pretty good.

phallus
02-07-2007, 01:24 AM

i will b0Bby, if u promise to watch this film

http://www.reellifereview.com/maelstrom.gif

the opening scene is probably my favorite from any movie, i think it's even better than the opening of dawn of the dead ( 2004 with sweet sara ). it'll give u the horn, i promise

The Noose
02-07-2007, 06:22 PM
i will b0Bby, if u promise to watch this film

http://www.reellifereview.com/maelstrom.gif

the opening scene is probably my favorite from any movie, i think it's even better than the opening of dawn of the dead ( 2004 with sweet sara ). it'll give u the horn, i promise

U know they had Dawn of the Dead 2004 on the other day. I missed it. But it made me think of u and ur hairy back and forest like nut sack.

Maelstrom aye?
Il search for it.

* FeistyWench *
02-07-2007, 07:18 PM
views shiews!

Its in one ear and out the other with these people! (should that be eye?)

Have u seen The Devil Wears Prada? I downloaded it last night, i watched the first half an hour, looks pretty good.

i saw it and i wasn;t impressed or really entertained.
i did watch bill hicks comedy - VERY Very funny!
i also enjoyed eternal sunshine of spotless mind.

but didn;t really care for life aquatic (sorry) or
napoleon dynamite :dunno:

am starting 6 feet under now.

phallus
02-07-2007, 08:13 PM
U know they had Dawn of the Dead 2004 on the other day. I missed it. But it made me think of u and ur hairy back and forest like nut sack.

Maelstrom aye?
Il search for it.

hairy back, aye, no forest on the nutsac, bald down there for some strange reason... u'll like dawn, it's got sweet sara polley as Ana, the first 10 minutes of the film are just beautiful - exactly how i would have made it. watching the movie is just like hanging out with me for a couple hours.

u'll like maelstrom, i promise, at least u'll like marie josee croze, seen here:

http://a69.g.akamai.net/n/69/10688/v1/img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/medias/nmedia/18/35/35/76/18711689.jpg

The Noose
02-08-2007, 07:02 PM
i saw it and i wasn;t impressed or really entertained.
i did watch bill hicks comedy - VERY Very funny!
i also enjoyed eternal sunshine of spotless mind.

but didn;t really care for life aquatic (sorry) or
napoleon dynamite :dunno:

am starting 6 feet under now.

lol, no need for apologies!
The 2 u didnt like are just oddball films.
Bill Hicks rules. I told u so. :sombrero:

I saw another film last night. Call HARD CANDY.
Kinda weird, a little disturbing.

*spoiler*
Starts off with a young girl, 14 yrs old, meets up with a guy shes been chatting to on the net. Hes much older. So ur thinking, he's a sicko right?
They go back to his place, theyre flirting and drinking, u think, she seems nice, hes probably gonna try and get her into bed.
Then he collapses.
She has drugged him, and tied him up, and believes he's a peadophile and starts to castrate him.
But they is no evidence of him being a peado, she seems more ****ed up than he is.....and so on.
Dragged on a little too long, but it was different.

* FeistyWench *
02-08-2007, 08:11 PM
lol, no need for apologies!
The 2 u didnt like are just oddball films.
Bill Hicks rules. I told u so. :sombrero:

I saw another film last night. Call HARD CANDY.
Kinda weird, a little disturbing.

*spoiler*
Starts off with a young girl, 14 yrs old, meets up with a guy shes been chatting to on the net. Hes much older. So ur thinking, he's a sicko right?
They go back to his place, theyre flirting and drinking, u think, she seems nice, hes probably gonna try and get her into bed.
Then he collapses.
She has drugged him, and tied him up, and believes he's a peadophile and starts to castrate him.
But they is no evidence of him being a peado, she seems more ****ed up than he is.....and so on.
Dragged on a little too long, but it was different.

does she castrate him???

Tuggers1986
02-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Ive never seen pulp fiction

is it worth buying??

neils7147933
02-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Ive never seen pulp fiction

is it worth buying??
I'm sure you can get it cheap. Yes

neils7147933
02-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Went and saw The Good Shepherd tonight. Pretty good movie, very good performance by Matt Damon. If the movie itself got better reviews, I imagine he would have got an Oscar nomination. I can't imagine that there were really 5 better male peformances this year. It's a solid directorial debut from Robert De Niro. Nearly 3 hours, but it doesn't seem that long. Good cast too - Angelina Jolie, Joe Pesci, Alec Baldwin, Billy Crudup are also in it... 8/10

The Noose
02-09-2007, 10:00 AM
does she castrate him???

Well, we are led to believe she does, but wen he gets loose, he realizes she didnt.
Then instead of calling the police on her (he cant because she finds peado images on his computer), he attempts to kill, her, but she zaps him with a tazer. When he wakes up he is standing on a chair with a noose around his neck.
He gets loose yet again.
Then i kinda lost the plot, but she makes him hang himself. And she walks home.
Im not sure how she convinced him not to kill her.

* FeistyWench *
02-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Well, we are led to believe she does, but wen he gets loose, he realizes she didnt.
Then instead of calling the police on her (he cant because she finds peado images on his computer), he attempts to kill, her, but she zaps him with a tazer. When he wakes up he is standing on a chair with a noose around his neck.
He gets loose yet again.

lol! guess i don't need to see it.

The Noose
02-09-2007, 10:28 AM
lol! guess i don't need to see it.

Well i said spoiler. And wen i spoil, i really ****ing spoil. :cool: :cool: :cool:

* FeistyWench *
02-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Well i said spoiler. And wen i spoil, i really ****ing spoil. :cool: :cool: :cool:

i'd say so. lol! :kiss:

phallus
02-09-2007, 02:04 PM

ha ha ha ha haha... good one B0bbY

i watched a good montreal indie film called saint jude last nite. it wasn't as good as maelstrom, but then few films are. it's about this homeless girl and her relationship with a pedophile called uncle dirty. has some really good scenes, there's one where she and another character talk about giving off light and selfishness. u gotta watch it and see for yourself

The Noose
02-09-2007, 02:17 PM
ha ha ha ha haha... good one B0bbY

i watched a good montreal indie film called saint jude last nite. it wasn't as good as maelstrom, but then few films are. it's about this homeless girl and her relationship with a pedophile called uncle dirty. has some really good scenes, there's one where she and another character talk about giving off light and selfishness. u gotta watch it and see for yourself

Wtf does that mean?

...giving off light and selfishness...??? hmmmm, im curious and a little skeptical.
Maybe il rent it out, then burnt it.

Ever seen a film called Gerry?
With Damon watshisface. Its meant to be him and some bird walking in a desert for 2 hours, just talking about ****.

phallus
02-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Wtf does that mean?

...giving off light and selfishness...??? hmmmm, im curious and a little skeptical.
Maybe il rent it out, then burnt it.

Ever seen a film called Gerry?
With Damon watshisface. Its meant to be him and some bird walking in a desert for 2 hours, just talking about ****.

i've never heard of Gerry... if i get a chance i'll see it

the part about light and selfishness is, and this might spoil some of the movie, but Jude loves this guy, not uncle dirty, another character, and she says to him, you';re just like a firefly, you're luminescent "

to which he says " those objects don't give off light, they absorb it. they're selfish " he is also very selfish. i just thought this scene was brilliant, but maybe that's just me. i promise BoBby, that u'll like maelstrom, ****, i just luv that film. there's this one part where bibiane says " the abortionist wears a bulletproof vest to mow his lawn "

The Noose
02-09-2007, 02:38 PM
i've never heard of Gerry... if i get a chance i'll see it

the part about light and selfishness is, and this might spoil some of the movie, but Jude loves this guy, not uncle dirty, another character, and she says to him, you';re just like a firefly, you're luminescent "

to which he says " those objects don't give off light, they absorb it. they're selfish " he is also very selfish. i just thought this scene was brilliant, but maybe that's just me. i promise BoBby, that u'll like maelstrom, ****, i just luv that film. there's this one part where bibiane says " the abortionist wears a bulletproof vest to mow his lawn "

Il give u all my points to nevr mention Mealstrom again.

phallus
02-09-2007, 02:46 PM

did u watch it? hated it?

i could use the points, well, not really, or i could torture u....u're not making this easy for me b0BbY

The Noose
02-09-2007, 07:05 PM
did u watch it? hated it?

i could use the points, well, not really, or i could torture u....u're not making this easy for me b0BbY

lol, no i aint seen it. If i ever get the chance, il make a point of watching it.

* FeistyWench *
02-10-2007, 09:04 AM
lol, no i aint seen it. If i ever get the chance, il make a point of watching it.

i may watch it first then do a spoiler for YOU! lol!

The Noose
02-10-2007, 09:53 AM
i may watch it first then do a spoiler for YOU! lol!

Oh yea?
Like u did with Lost season 3!

Yea....i aint forgotten that! :boxing:

Mech.
02-10-2007, 10:02 AM

lol.............

neils7147933
02-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Saw The Black Dahlia yesterday. Decent first hour, laughably bad second hour. It's like all the story building they do - the boxer, the two cops' relationship with Scarlett's character - are all wasted as soon as Eckhart starts getting obsessed. The characters are seem like they're in different movies later - I can figure out why Hartnett is doing what he's doing in the second half - too many subplots going in different directions. Either this one was written poorly, edited poorly, or both. What a waste of a good cast. 5/10

* FeistyWench *
02-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Oh yea?
Like u did with Lost season 3!

Yea....i aint forgotten that! :boxing:

oh, right.... :o
sorry about that. :(

lol!

* FeistyWench *
02-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Saw The Black Dahlia yesterday. Decent first hour, laughably bad second hour. It's like all the story building they do - the boxer, the two cops' relationship with Scarlett's character - are all wasted as soon as Eckhart starts getting obsessed. The characters are seem like they're in different movies later - I can figure out why Hartnett is doing what he's doing in the second half - too many subplots going in different directions. Either this one was written poorly, edited poorly, or both. What a waste of a good cast. 5/10

that's disappointing. that was another film that was on my list to see.

-Antonio-
02-10-2007, 11:54 AM
He gets loose yet again.

He didnt want the woman he loved to find out he was a peado. Remember the girl called the woman or something, and she was at the house.

The Noose
02-10-2007, 06:01 PM
He didnt want the woman he loved to find out he was a peado. Remember the girl called the woman or something, and she was at the house.

Yea but wen they wereon the roof at the end, he could of just strangled her to death, then gone downstairs and made out to the woman he loved that everything was cool.

But then how could he explain the phone call she recieved? Hmmm.

What did u make of the film?

adietheforestfa
02-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Top 10

1. Gangs of New York
2. Goodfellas
3. Usual Suspects
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrells
6. Trainspotting
7. Life of Brian
8. Casino
9. One Flew over the Cuckoos nest
10. Raging Bull

Beat that

The Noose
02-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Top 10

1. Gangs of New York
2. Goodfellas
3. Usual Suspects
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrells
6. Trainspotting
7. Life of Brian
8. Casino
9. One Flew over the Cuckoos nest
10. Raging Bull

Beat that

Do u like gangster films by any chance?

Thats the kinda list that u find in a copy of Maxim.

* FeistyWench *
02-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Do u like gangster films by any chance?

Thats the kinda list that u find in a copy of Maxim.

you read maxim? :thinking:

The Noose
02-11-2007, 02:42 PM
you read maxim? :thinking:

How dare u!

:mad:

* FeistyWench *
02-11-2007, 02:46 PM
How dare u!

:mad:

what? lol! you don't strike me as the maxim type. :dunno: :D

The Noose
02-11-2007, 02:49 PM
what? lol! you don't strike me as the maxim type. :dunno: :D

U should be writing ur story!

And anyway, im confused with this whole Maxim issue. Last time i bought a 'mens mag' was at least 10 years ago.
What magazines do u buy?

* FeistyWench *
02-11-2007, 02:54 PM
U should be writing ur story!

And anyway, im confused with this whole Maxim issue. Last time i bought a 'mens mag' was at least 10 years ago.
What magazines do u buy?
i finished my story AGES ago :rolleyes: lol!

i buy no magazines.
maxim is PG 13, geared at college guys. IMO.

The Noose
02-11-2007, 03:15 PM
i finished my story AGES ago :rolleyes: lol!

i buy no magazines.
maxim is PG 13, geared at college guys. IMO.
Unroll those eyes dammit!
Oh yea, u did finish ur love story.

So, movies aye?

Yea...u cant beat those movies! :sombrero:

* FeistyWench *
02-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Unroll those eyes dammit!
Oh yea, u did finish ur love story.

So, movies aye?

Yea...u cant beat those movies! :sombrero:

did you watch maelstrom yet?

The Noose
02-11-2007, 03:36 PM
did you watch maelstrom yet?

lol. Dont u start!

No, i looked for it online, but i cant find it.

How is Six feet under going? I really have to download Lost 3.

-Antonio-
02-11-2007, 07:03 PM
I dont remember seeing a film last year or this year that was better than Little Miss Sunshine. Excellent film..

neils7147933
02-11-2007, 07:11 PM
I dont remember seeing a film last year or this year that was better than Little Miss Sunshine. Excellent film..
I still prefer The Departed to LMS in my limited amount of 2006 viewed films...

The Noose
02-11-2007, 07:18 PM
I still prefer The Departed to LMS in my limited amount of 2006 viewed films...

I have that, but still have to watch it.

Anyone seen Children of Men?

-Antonio-
02-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Ill be watching The Departed on Tuesday when it comes out on dvd.

* FeistyWench *
02-12-2007, 08:47 PM
lol. Dont u start!

No, i looked for it online, but i cant find it.

How is Six feet under going? I really have to download Lost 3.

i'm really enjoying it. i didn't think i would, but i am :o
i watched the first 5 episodes in one day. :)

* FeistyWench *
02-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I have that, but still have to watch it.

Anyone seen Children of Men?

i thought it looked good, despite having Julianne Moore in it.

The Noose
02-12-2007, 09:59 PM
i'm really enjoying it. i didn't think i would, but i am :o
i watched the first 5 episodes in one day. :)
Ye of little faith! ;)
i thought it looked good, despite having Julianne Moore in it.

Not a big Moore fan? What dodnt u like about her?
She was nice in Boogie Nights.

* FeistyWench *
02-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Ye of little faith! ;)

she's just not one of my favorite actresses.

oh, and i forgot to say that those "commericals" for products for funeral homes in the first episode of 6 feet were hilarious.

phallus
02-13-2007, 02:13 AM
Ye of little faith! ;)

i'll NEVER forget her in boogie nights as amber waves. i already had a weakness for redheads with freckles ALL OVER

phallus
02-13-2007, 03:31 AM
watched Grey Owl last nite... good film, the native characters are more interesting than he is, like how they know he's a fake but the accept him anyway. not as good as little big man ( one of my all time favorite films). also has canadian hottie annie galipeau in it, damn, she is fine. i think she is metis ( mixed race, native + french for all u non canadians out there )... here's a pic of her holding her beaver

http://i.tvspielfilm.de/iimages/6/1/jar-127161-359x240-e.jpg

kg21mvp
02-13-2007, 05:45 AM
have you seen infernal affairs?

that movie was the basis of the departed it was a 3 part movie but scorcese just compiled it inot one..

The Noose
02-13-2007, 09:07 AM
have you seen infernal affairs?

that movie was the basis of the departed it was a 3 part movie but scorcese just compiled it inot one..

Yea, i wasnt sure which version to watch first. They showed all 3 original japanese/korean films on tv, but i missed them.

But now i got The Departed.

The Surgeon
02-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Who here has seen Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, Its ****in ace! Jonny Depp.

Tuggers1986
02-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Never seen it. heard its good though.

I watched The Recruit with Colin Farrell and Al Pacino for the first time the other night, Great film

The Surgeon
02-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Never seen it. heard its good though.

I watched The Recruit with Colin Farrell and Al Pacino for the first time the other night, Great film

If ur talkin to me u need to see it! Not seen Internal Affairs but i have to say i thought The Recruit was a bit average

Tuggers1986
02-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Yeah. whats fear and lothing about?

Mech.
02-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Fear and loathing's a classic.

neils7147933
02-13-2007, 01:38 PM
If ur talkin to me u need to see it! Not seen Internal Affairs but i have to say i thought The Recruit was a bit average
The Recruit was okay to sit through once...

Just saw The Jerk again for like the twentieth time. There's over a foot of snow outside and work was cancelled tonight, so I'm going to take a nap and stay inside watching movies tonight...

Mech.
02-13-2007, 01:43 PM

Just saw The Jerk again for like the twentieth time. There's over a foot of snow outside and work was cancelled tonight, so I'm going to take a nap and stay inside watching movies tonight...

Nails,have you ever seen that movie Quills? Ive been kind of wanting to see it for a while now.

neils7147933
02-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Nails,have you ever seen that movie Quills? Ive been kind of wanting to see it for a while now.
Haven't seen it. I'd sit through it, but it's not at the top of my list. Is it on satellite tonight?

Mech.
02-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Haven't seen it. I'd sit through it, but it's not at the top of my list. Is it on satellite tonight?

Its gonna be on MechTV later, you should come over.

The Surgeon
02-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Yeah. whats fear and lothing about?

A Writer on a ton of Druds heading for Vegas, sounds **** but trust me it is ace! Better after a smoke of a beer tho!

The Surgeon
02-13-2007, 03:43 PM

The Jerk is funny as ****! lol
I went to the cinema to watch the Recruit so mabey i was too harsh as i was a bit dissapointed.
I hav to work even more in the snow u lucky bastard!
Seen Taladaga Nights? Watched it on Sat its Quality!

RAESAAD
02-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Fear and loathing's a classic.

That movie made complete sense to me when I finally watched it trippin.....

On a side note The Departed comes out on DVD today......heard it was really good,looking forward to watching it.

The Surgeon
02-13-2007, 04:30 PM

Yeah its better when ur ****ed! I watched it in Amsterdam! :439:

-Antonio-
02-13-2007, 05:47 PM
The Departed was everything I expected and more. People that are concerned with the length need not to worry. The 150 minutes flies by, and I was left wanting more at the end.

phallus
02-14-2007, 01:14 AM

i've seen quills, it's good... there are a lot of awesome scenes and great acting...it's also one hHorny film

neils7147933
02-14-2007, 01:15 AM
The Jerk is funny as ****! lol
I went to the cinema to watch the Recruit so mabey i was too harsh as i was a bit dissapointed.
I hav to work even more in the snow u lucky bastard!
Seen Taladaga Nights? Watched it on Sat its Quality!
I thought TN was just okay...

The Noose
02-14-2007, 11:37 AM

I find films like that, that try to translate the xperience of taking drugs only works if ur sober.
But i still have to watch Fear and Loathing.

I love watching 2001: A Space Odessy wen im stoned. Nice and slow.

-Antonio-
02-14-2007, 05:53 PM
The last movie I saw stoned was Hard Candy, and that movie was ****ed up.

t-k-o
02-14-2007, 09:07 PM
I find films like that, that try to translate the xperience of taking drugs only works if ur sober.
But i still have to watch Fear and Loathing.

I love watching 2001: A Space Odessy wen im stoned. Nice and slow.
that genre of movies are some of my favorite, heres a few i like: spun, go, requeim for a dream, thirteen, blow, carlitos way, belly, and a few i cant think of, anyways those are all great movies.

-Antonio-
02-15-2007, 12:30 AM
I ordered Employee of the Month. I have no idea why I did. I felt like watching a comedy and I picked a horrible choice. I didnt even finish it.

Did anyone else hate Borat? I think I laughed twice. Wow, was this movie overrated. I cant believe it had such great reviews. I thought it was complete **** to be honest, and I enjoy stupid humor when done right. I loved Jackass 2.

The Noose
02-15-2007, 08:25 AM
I ordered Employee of the Month. I have no idea why I did. I felt like watching a comedy and I picked a horrible choice. I didnt even finish it.

Did anyone else hate Borat? I think I laughed twice. Wow, was this movie overrated. I cant believe it had such great reviews. I thought it was complete **** to be honest, and I enjoy stupid humor when done right. I loved Jackass 2.

Borat was ok. But not as good as i thought it was going to be.
I preffered him on the tv show. In the film it was going for shock, and alot of the material was ripped from the tv show.

I heard Jackass 2 is great.

t-k-o
02-15-2007, 12:21 PM
anyone seen The Sting...classic movie, maybe my favorite.

The Noose
02-15-2007, 01:27 PM
anyone seen The Sting...classic movie, maybe my favorite.

With Paul Newman right?

I remember watching it ages ago, but i kinda ruined the film by not really paying attention, then seeing the twist at the end.

t-k-o
02-15-2007, 06:32 PM
With Paul Newman right?

I remember watching it ages ago, but i kinda ruined the film by not really paying attention, then seeing the twist at the end.
its such a classic...

-Antonio-
02-16-2007, 01:35 PM
R.V. was a pretty good family movie.

phallus
02-17-2007, 04:58 PM
i watched You Can Count on Me last nite. pretty decent film, not great but interesting - mostly for the characters and the acting. it's about this brother and sister who didn't have much of childhood and how messed up they are as adults. the sister is a hot ginge milf ( laura linney - i've wanted to fornicate with her for years) who does some questionable things. really good performance by mark ruffalo ( but then i've never seen him in another film, maybe he acts the same in every movie) as the **** up brother. really reminded me of myself quite a bit

Mech.
02-25-2007, 05:59 AM
I watched Stranger than Fcition.enjoyable enough.

I also watched Lets go to Prison, just to watch something, and I thought it was actually pretty ****ing funny.And I HATE that one guy who was also in employee of the month and many other unfunny movies,whatever his ****ing name is,but he works in this role.

I thought itd be pretty ****ty judging by the trailers Id seen,but it was actually pretty good,that dosent happen often.

phallus
02-25-2007, 08:40 PM
saw G.I. Jane last, no, i'd never got around to seeing it before. good film, but the political stuff kind of ruined the movie - the "don't ask, don't tell policy " part of the movie seemed funny to me, not serious, although i did like anne bancroft doing a very good imitation of texas gov ann richards. i'd give bancroft the sausage, though, and demi moore's thigh muscles were amazing, i'd like to lick the sweat off them.

Master Chief John Urgayle: [quoting "Self-Pity" by D.H. Lawrence] I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Master Chief John Urgayle: Pain is your friend, your ally, it will tell you when you are seriously injured, it will keep you awake and angry, and remind you to finish the job and get the hell home. But you know the best thing about pain?
Lt. Jordan O'Neil: Don't know!
Master Chief John Urgayle: It lets you know you're not dead yet!

The Noose
02-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Why arent u silly bastards watching the Oscars?
I would if i could.

I watched Unbreakable again, and i ****ing love that film.
And im currantly watching Life Is Beautiful...and im ****ing loving that as well!

So up yours!!

The Noose
02-25-2007, 11:43 PM
And for your information, A Scanner Darkly is meant to be ****ing great.
Anyone heard about it?

The whole film looks like this..
http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/709/709618/a-scanner-darkly-20060522025903520-001.jpg

Plus David Lynchs new film is out. INLAND EMPIRE.

Mech.
02-25-2007, 11:51 PM
And for your information, A Scanner Darkly is meant to be ****ing great.
Anyone heard about it?

The whole film looks like this..
http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/709/709618/a-scanner-darkly-20060522025903520-001.jpg

Plus David Lynchs new film is out. INLAND EMPIRE.

Scanner darkly probably would have been better with out the arty look,it had pretty good performances.

SonnyG8R
02-26-2007, 03:09 AM
I'm glad Forrest Whittiker(sp) won best actor. That guy has a lot of talent and is very underrated.

* FeistyWench *
02-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Why arent u silly bastards watching the Oscars?
I would if i could.

I watched Unbreakable again, and i ****ing love that film.
And im currantly watching Life Is Beautiful...and im ****ing loving that as well!

So up yours!!

unbreakable is one of my favorites too.

i saw little miss sunshine last night. while i enjoyed it, i didn't think it was quite as good as other people thought it was. :dunno:

RAESAAD II
02-26-2007, 01:27 PM
The Prestige was pretty good........watched it the other night.

The Noose
02-26-2007, 04:18 PM

i saw little miss sunshine last night. while i enjoyed it, i didn't think it was quite as good as other people thought it was. :dunno:

No one in the UK knows about Little Sunshine. I just saw the poster and like Toni Collette (sp?). The mum in the film.
Maybe its over hyped there.

-Antonio-
02-26-2007, 05:00 PM
I loved Little Miss Sunshine. Then again, I usually like Indy films like that. It was easily an 8/10 for me.

Has anybody seen Dream Girls? Ive heard that all Jennifer Hudson really did was play herself. When I say that I mean I heard all she did was sing in it. Does that really warrant an Oscar?

The Surgeon
02-27-2007, 01:02 PM
I watched the Departed and Click yesterday - both ace! Even click which i thought would suck!

phallus
02-27-2007, 08:58 PM

i've only seen a clip of little miss sunshine, but what i saw i really liked... it was the part where the kid freaks out and tells everybody that they're all losers and he wishes he didn't know them. ****ing awesome

i like unbreakable, pretty good film, i always feel a little sorry for jackson's character at the end, i guess because some people who know me in my everyday life think i'm a monster too... but my real attitude is this:

Master Chief John Urgayle: [quoting "Self-Pity" by D.H. Lawrence] I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

American_Ninja
02-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Open Water 2 if anyone wants to see it. Great quality, not a bad movie.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FE0L8KQO
sorry I had the wrong file.

The Surgeon
02-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Open Water 1 Bored the life out of me and i hated Unbreakable as well, we dubbed it Unwatchable!

The Noose
02-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Open Water 2 if anyone wants to see it. Great quality, not a bad movie.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FE0L8KQO
sorry I had the wrong file.
Nice work!
The movie thread should actually have movies!
I should check it out, but how can the first film have a sequel???
Open Water 1 Bored the life out of me and i hated Unbreakable as well, we dubbed it Unwatchable!
I loved Open Waters. It was very realistic. Didnt seem dramatised at all. The shark attack in the dark was a great idea, very scary.
Unbreakable is a slow moving film like Open Waters.
Im guessing ur not a fan of slow paced films?

The Surgeon
02-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Nice work!
The movie thread should actually have movies!
I should check it out, but how can the first film have a sequel???

I loved Open Waters. It was very realistic. Didnt seem dramatised at all. The shark attack in the dark was a great idea, very scary.
Unbreakable is a slow moving film like Open Waters.
Im guessing ur not a fan of slow paced films?

I think its coz it was so realistic i wasnt feelin it, it was like a documentry! Unbreakable just didnt do it for me at all but i do like all types of movies however i must say im REALLY feelin Crank just now and that is about as far from slow paced as u get! Seen it?

The Noose
02-28-2007, 05:39 PM
I think its coz it was so realistic i wasnt feelin it, it was like a documentry! Unbreakable just didnt do it for me at all but i do like all types of movies however i must say im REALLY feelin Crank just now and that is about as far from slow paced as u get! Seen it?

It was very much like a documentry.

Ive heard of Crank. Il check it out.

The Surgeon
02-28-2007, 06:17 PM
It was very much like a documentry.

Ive heard of Crank. Il check it out.

Its a Very High paced Action flick with Jason Statham, pretty funny too man, def worth checkin out :fing02:

-Antonio-
02-28-2007, 08:30 PM
I have Crank here somewhere, and just got Open Water 2 yesterday. Ill check both out.

I really liked Unbreakable.

The Surgeon
03-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I have Crank here somewhere, and just got Open Water 2 yesterday. Ill check both out.

I really liked Unbreakable.

Watched Crank yet?
I watch a lot of Animated movies like Shrek coz my Girls lil daughter watches them all the time but just incase any1 has avoided them thinking that they are too mature for that **** i recommened a re think! Some good 1's are Barn Yard, Hoodwinked and Madagascar!

-Antonio-
03-04-2007, 04:35 PM
I saw Gridiron Gang last night. It didnt break away from the sports movie cliche's, but it was still good. The Rock is a good actor and Xzibit was pretty much useless in his role.

* FeistyWench *
03-07-2007, 12:48 PM
has anyone seen pan's labyrinth?
i am assuming it is a spanish film with english subtitles?

-Antonio-
03-07-2007, 02:04 PM
300 comes out on Friday. I havent looked forward to a movie this much since x-men 3. I hope it lives up to the hype.

* FeistyWench *
03-07-2007, 04:28 PM
i watched the illusionist today and really enjoyed it.
the ending was predictable, but enjoyable nonetheless.

The Raging Bull
03-07-2007, 05:06 PM
300 comes out on Friday. I havent looked forward to a movie this much since x-men 3. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Is that the film based on Frank Miller's comics?