Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

neils7147933
07-10-2006, 10:58 PM
I aint seen the first one yet.
I got bored about an hour into it.

BBKing
07-11-2006, 01:28 PM
anyone see pirates 2 yet?

Yes, it was pretty entertaining. Saw it at one of those Cinema and Brew type places. Nothing like drinking beer during a movie. :D

* FeistyWench *
07-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Yes, it was pretty entertaining. Saw it at one of those Cinema and Brew type places. Nothing like drinking beer during a movie. :D
makes the movie just a tad bit better, huh? ;) :p

The Noose
07-12-2006, 11:23 AM
So i saw Superman Returns, good film.

But everything except the special FX were not as good as the 1978 version.
Its like the recent Star Wars films, the character building was poor, and the acting a bit weak.
And IMO, Louis Lane was really bad in this version. Just kinda flat.

Oh and there could have been much better action. The ending wasnt nearly as spectacular as id hoped.

neils7147933
07-12-2006, 02:09 PM

Its like the recent Star Wars films, the character building was poor, and the acting a bit weak.

Oh and there could have been much better action. The ending wasnt nearly as spectacular as id hoped.
They've proved that replacing actors won't kill a franchise; Val Kilmer replaced Michael Keaton as Batman and it was still ridiculously profitable.

I think Bosworth as Lois Lane needs to go for the sequel. She was a very weak point of the new film

jason100x
07-12-2006, 03:16 PM

Yeah I agree with you on the Superman film. It was rather underwhelming, particularly in the department of the Lex Luthor storyline.

* FeistyWench *
07-12-2006, 04:08 PM
They've proved that replacing actors won't kill a franchise; Val Kilmer replaced Michael Keaton as Batman and it was still ridiculously profitable.

I think Bosworth as Lois Lane needs to go for the sequel. She was a very weak point of the new film
they replaced all the Batman actors. has any actor played Batman twice in a row? i am lazy and could look it up but i am not that curious. lol!

The Noose
07-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Micheal Keaton was in Batman nad Batman returns.

neils7147933
07-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Keaton > Bale > Kilmer > Clooney

The Noose
07-12-2006, 04:25 PM

West > Keaton > Bale > Kilmer > Clooney

jason100x
07-12-2006, 04:26 PM
I think I read that Christian Bale will be back in the sequel to Batman Begins. Certainly the movie was not considered a flop.

The Noose
07-12-2006, 04:33 PM
I think I read that Christian Bale will be back in the sequel to Batman Begins. Certainly the movie was not considered a flop.

yea i hope so.
He was good.

The sequel should be good, with the joker.

neils7147933
07-12-2006, 04:35 PM
West > Keaton > Bale > Kilmer > Clooney
You can't put West's Batman in with the serious ones...

neils7147933
07-12-2006, 04:37 PM
yea i hope so.
He was good.

The sequel should be good, with the joker.
What I'm reading about the new Batman movie so far...

http://pro.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

Untitled Batman Begins Sequel (2008)

Batman, Lt.Jim Gordon and D.A. Harvey Dent team up in an effort to stop the villainous Joker, a theatrical serial killer who lives for the sole purpose of causing harm to the citizens of Gotham, as well as The Dark knight. At the same time, Batman begins to uncover more of the corruption that is plaguing Gotham City, with the arrival of crime boss Salvatore Maroni.

Christian Bale ... Bruce Wayne/Batman

Michael Caine ... Alfred Pennyworth

Morgan Freeman ... Lucius Fox

Gary Oldman ... Lt. James Gordon

Directed by
Christopher Nolan

Writers
Characters
Bob Kane
Story
Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer
Screenplay
Jonathan Nolan

* FeistyWench *
07-12-2006, 04:38 PM
i really liked batman begins. it just had a different feel.

The Noose
07-12-2006, 04:40 PM
You can't put West's Batman in with the serious ones...

If u include Clooney, i can include West.

SonnyG8R
07-12-2006, 07:53 PM

True, and I'm not saying the Superman franchise is dead. The Character himself is to compelling to ever be a total flop at the box office. The franchise will continue but I doubt it will ever be as good. Reeves nailed the Superman roll and Hackman nailed Lex Luther in a way that none of the actors playing Batman ever did. If anything, the villians in the Batman series have done a much better job than the actual Batman. Maybe that is why they have been able to replace them so easily.

oldgringo
07-12-2006, 07:54 PM
What I'm reading about the new Batman movie so far...

http://pro.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

Untitled Batman Begins Sequel (2008)

Batman, Lt.Jim Gordon and D.A. Harvey Dent team up in an effort to stop the villainous Joker, a theatrical serial killer who lives for the sole purpose of causing harm to the citizens of Gotham, as well as The Dark knight. At the same time, Batman begins to uncover more of the corruption that is plaguing Gotham City, with the arrival of crime boss Salvatore Maroni.

Christian Bale ... Bruce Wayne/Batman

Michael Caine ... Alfred Pennyworth

Morgan Freeman ... Lucius Fox

Gary Oldman ... Lt. James Gordon

Directed by
Christopher Nolan

Writers
Characters
Bob Kane
Story
Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer
Screenplay
Jonathan Nolan

The only question is "Who will play Joker?"

I nominate Paul Bettany. That ****er looks sadistic and goofy enough to play the part, plus he's just a solid actor anyway.

http://www.filmweb.no/bilder/multimedia/archive/00018/Paul_Bettany_i_A_Kni_18026c.jpg

oldgringo
07-12-2006, 07:57 PM

Bale was better in the respect that he is much bigger and has more of a brooding, dark look. I think he is just as good of an actor as Keaton is as well. BB made you understand that Batman can fight, whereas the others just made him some smallish guy who can knock people out with 1 punch or headbutt magically.

Keaton was very good though.

* FeistyWench *
07-12-2006, 08:03 PM
The only question is "Who will play Joker?"

I nominate Paul Bettany. That ****er looks sadistic and goofy enough to play the part, plus he's just a solid actor anyway.

http://www.filmweb.no/bilder/multimedia/archive/00018/Paul_Bettany_i_A_Kni_18026c.jpg
good call on Bettamy. i think he would make a good Joker too.

SonnyG8R
07-12-2006, 08:12 PM
After seeing jack nicholson as the joker, anyone else would be a poor replacement.

Smokin'
07-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Anybody seen Pirates of the Caribean? I just saw it, pretty damn good movie the ending left me hangin' though. It's obvious its setting up for ANOTHER sequel. I recomend it to everyone because of the special effects + the comedy.

* FeistyWench *
07-12-2006, 08:21 PM
After seeing jack nicholson as the joker, anyone else would be a poor replacement.
to bring back a different Joker is gonna be tricky because everyone loved jack so much. He WAS perfect for the role. They should have just went with a new villian. there's certainly plenty.

SonnyG8R
07-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Anybody seen Pirates of the Caribean? I just saw it, pretty damn good movie the ending left me hangin' though. It's obvious its setting up for ANOTHER sequel. I recomend it to everyone because of the special effects + the comedy.

Yeah I heard they cast Keith Richards as Jack Sparrow's dad in part III.

* FeistyWench *
07-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Yeah I heard they cast Keith Richards as Jack Sparrow's dad in part III.
seems appropriate. i read that johnny based his portrayal of Jack Sparrow after Richards.

SonnyG8R
07-12-2006, 08:25 PM
seems appropriate. i read that johnny based his portrayal of Jack Sparrow after Richards.

Exactly. :cool:

The Noose
07-12-2006, 08:35 PM
I think Jack Nicholson as the Joker was perfect in many ways, but i think next time they'll make him younger and more physical. More of a pin up handsomne dude.

Also today on tv they were saying how Superman seems to represent right-wing America.
Whereas Batman is darker and more for the leftys.

Dirt E Gomez
07-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Superman was beyond blockbuster trash.

Click blew more than every other Sandler movie.

Pirates was OK.

DaVinci code was better than I expected, pretty solid.

A Scanner Darkly ****ed ruled ass. Destined to be a cult classic though.

oldgringo
07-12-2006, 08:40 PM

That's whta many said after Keaton played Batman. I thought Kilmer was decent and Clooney sucked, but I thought Bale hit the nail right on the head. He gave a strong acting performance as well as having the physical attributes.

SonnyG8R
07-12-2006, 08:51 PM
I think Jack Nicholson as the Joker was perfect in many ways, but i think next time they'll make him younger and more physical. More of a pin up handsomne dude.

Also today on tv they were saying how Superman seems to represent right-wing America.
Whereas Batman is darker and more for the leftys.

I really think that Tim Burton's direction in the first Batman back in 1989 was a huge reason for it's success. Batman's "Gothem City" is a dark and dangerous place. Superman's "Metropolis" is much brighter and full of hope.

jason100x
07-12-2006, 08:56 PM
i really liked batman begins. it just had a different feel.

I agree with you on that. Whereas the new Superman movie is less impressive to me the more I think about it after seeing it, Batman Begins grew more on me after I saw it. One of these I'll get around to getting the DVD. I have very high expectations for the sequel.

Dirt E Gomez
07-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Which Batman movie you like more is dependent upon 1 question. I was having a debate with RWK and Gringo and realized that neither of us is incorrect.

If you like the darker, deeper, more acting involved movie: Then Batman is your movie. If you like action, fight scenes, etc then Batman Begins is your movie.

-Antonio-
07-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Honeslty the fight scenes is the only thing I think Batman can work on in the sequel. They were much too quick and up close. You couldnt really tell what was going on most of the time. However the story and acting was so good it didnt bother me. The action was good as well.

I heard that they were talking to Johhny Depp about being joker. Although this was about six months back, I would love to see it happen.

neils7147933
07-13-2006, 12:12 AM
Honeslty the fight scenes is the only thing I think Batman can work on in the sequel. They were much too quick and up close. You couldnt really tell what was going on most of the time. However the story and acting was so good it didnt bother me. The action was good as well.

I heard that they were talking to Johhny Depp about being joker. Although this was about six months back, I would love to see it happen.
Depp would be too old. This is a prequel...

neils7147933
07-13-2006, 01:27 AM
Just watched 'The Squid and the Whale'. It's a very good film, but it hits home a bit roughly for divorced parents. Jeff Daniels is a very underrated actor - most people's first thoughts of the guy is Jim Carrey's partner in 'Dumb and Dumber'...

blockhead
07-13-2006, 01:56 AM
i just saw the new pirates of the carribean movie. i liked it alot. its really long though so get some diner and take a leak before you see it.

SonnyG8R
07-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Finally went to see Superman Returns and it was absolutely horrible. There was not a single aspect of the movie that did not suck. the plot, the acting, the characters just awful. in fact out of the entire 2 and a half hour movie there was only one scen that was entertaining and that was the shuttle/airplane rescue.

Christopher Reeves is turning over in his grave as I type. :p

Hard Boiled HK
07-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Best movie of the summer will be Miami Vice. Trust me.

Dirt E Gomez
07-16-2006, 07:31 AM

Why, did he learn to use his legs and arms again? Where's my rimshot?!!??!?!

I agree, it was a complete waste of a movie for me.

And yes, it was complete dog ****.

Obdeboondocks
07-20-2006, 01:45 AM
Watched the second Pirates of the Carribean and this take is coming from a guy who has not watched the first one. No character, besides maybe Bloom, failed in supporting and Depp proabley played one of his best in ten years (again maybe he did do better in the first i dont know). I enjoyed the action but the love story with bloom and knightley could have been avoided or less i felt. The one on one on one scene for the key is the best action scene of the year.

The length of the movie is probabley the worst thing about the movie. In addition, I wanted to see less of Blooms character since we all knew he would be a clean cut pirate, and more of Depp's complicated character.

AIR_KENG
07-20-2006, 02:22 AM
Best movie of the summer will be Miami Vice. Trust me.
IMO Miami Vice is a bit overrated as of now...

anyway, Dead Man's Chest is currently the movie of the year for me. Nice twist to the sequel. Superman does not have a chance even with special effects. :p

-Antonio-
07-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Eventhough I was a little let down that it was going to be in cgi, this new teenage mutant ninja turtles movie looks pretty ****in good

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/teenagemutantninjaturtles/tmnt_large.html

PBDS
07-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Why, did he learn to use his legs and arms again? Where's my rimshot?!!??!?!

I agree, it was a complete waste of a movie for me.

And yes, it was complete dog ****.

....I think your both hitting the crack pipe as I thought Superman was awesome. Most critics and most people I talk to agree. I was a huge fan of the original as well. Sonny, you made up your mind about that movie before you ever went to see it because you think only Christopher Reeves could play the roll. You would have said it was **** regardless.

The Noose
07-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Finally went to see Superman Returns and it was absolutely horrible. There was not a single aspect of the movie that did not suck. the plot, the acting, the characters just awful. in fact out of the entire 2 and a half hour movie there was only one scen that was entertaining and that was the shuttle/airplane rescue.

The best thing was the music.
Yea, i know it was the same music from the 1978 version, but the way Superman Returns started with that music, it kinda seduced me.

I thought it was ok at first, but after seeing the original again last weekend, Superman Returns is just poor.

Toddy
07-22-2006, 06:23 AM
Scarface is an all time great. Zulu, Dog soldiers and Fast and furious tokyo drift are all pretty good

marvdave
07-22-2006, 09:10 AM
i liked Superman Returns. Kevin Spacy and the new SM were very good imo. Nobody will ever be better than Gene Hackman, but Spacey put his own spin on the character.

The sequel will be even better. The first one (as was the case with the original) was a story set up movie. The second will be more action I;m sure.

platinummatt
07-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Can anyone reccomend me a good zombie film. Ive seen shaun of the dead, dawn of the dead and night of the living dead. Thankyou!

Oasis_Lad
07-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Can anyone reccomend me a good zombie film. Ive seen shaun of the dead, dawn of the dead and night of the living dead. Thankyou!

28 days later is the only one i can think of off the top of my head

platinummatt
07-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Oh yeh Ive seen that one too! and the begginign of undead which I hated.

marvdave
07-22-2006, 11:38 AM

did you see the 2005 Dawn, or the 1979?

older is much better

marvdave
07-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Day of the Dead was good as well.

Land of the Dead was dissapointing

platinummatt
07-22-2006, 11:45 AM
new one dawn of the dead.

* FeistyWench *
07-22-2006, 12:00 PM
new one dawn of the dead.
i found most of the movies series that end in "of the dead" were more entertaining and funny than scary.

marvdave
07-22-2006, 12:04 PM
i found most of the movies series that end in "of the dead" were more entertaining and funny than scary.

true..but in reality very few movies are truly "scary"

* FeistyWench *
07-22-2006, 12:08 PM
true..but in reality very few movies are truly "scary"
i get more scared when the scenario is completely plausible.
like when someone gets kidnapped, beaten, raped, then buried alive :eek: well, i guess it is not scary per se, but it gets me freaked out and i feel high levels of anxiety, lol!

marvdave
07-22-2006, 12:14 PM
like when someone gets kidnapped, beaten, raped, then buried alive :eek: well, i guess it is not scary per se, but it gets me freaked out and i feel high levels of anxiety, lol!

i get more scared looking at my check book than i do watching movies.

The movies that scared the **** of me when I first saw them:

Halloween
Phantasm
Psycho

of course I was about 10-12 years old :D

* FeistyWench *
07-22-2006, 12:20 PM
i get more scared looking at my check book than i do watching movies.
The movies that scared the **** of me when I first saw them:

Halloween
Phantasm
Psycho

of course I was about 10-12 years old :D
the omen (when i was 6) and amityville horror (when i was 9)
freaked me out completely!

marvdave
07-22-2006, 12:27 PM
the omen (when i was 6) and amityville horror (when i was 9)
freaked me out completely!

Omen did me wrong as well..forgot that one.

Ishtar was terrifying!!

* FeistyWench *
07-22-2006, 12:32 PM
Omen did me wrong as well..forgot that one.

Ishtar was terrifying!!
ishtar??? :confused: lol!

platinummatt
07-22-2006, 12:46 PM
friday the 13th part one on your own in the dark isnt scary = def not scary. But where you here a bang then its a bit like... ****. pulp fiction disturbed me

PBDS
07-22-2006, 04:02 PM

....Sounds like the movie The Vanishing.

platinummatt
07-22-2006, 09:34 PM
I just rented day of the dead and evil dead Ive watched evil dead just now

The Noose
07-22-2006, 09:57 PM
28 days later is the only one i can think of off the top of my head

Technically 28 Days Later is not a zombie film.
They are infected, not dead. At the end (one of the endings) they show 'the infected' just dying out due to starvation.

Hardly zombies. But still a great film.

The Noose
07-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Return of the Living Dead was the first zombie film i saw.
Most arent scarey but i find good zombie films disturbing as hell.

Its the fact that there is no reason behind it. And no end to it.
Im thinking more Night of the Living Dead than Evil Dead.

The abject fear of our mortality and the horror of eternity. Somthing like that.

The Noose
07-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Zombie Flesh Eaters, and Zombie Holocaust are 2 more i can think of.

More gross than anything.

Oasis_Lad
07-22-2006, 10:16 PM
just watched

50 films to see before you die on channel 4

apocalypse now was number 1

BrooklynBomber
07-22-2006, 11:00 PM
just watched

50 films to see before you die on channel 4

apocalypse now was number 1
Apocalypse now was huge for me when I saw it.
Platoon was also a great movie.
I even use the quote from the movie(well not movie, but it was on dvd cover) in my college essay.

Oasis_Lad
07-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Apocalypse now was huge for me when I saw it.
Platoon was also a great movie.
I even use the quote from the movie(well not movie, but it was on dvd cover) in my college essay.

duvall was mind blowing in apocalypse now

"i love the smell of napalm in the morning"

:cool:

BrooklynBomber
07-22-2006, 11:05 PM
duvall was mind blowing in apocalypse now

"i love the smell of napalm in the morning"

:cool:
I actually smelled napalm once(not in its burning state, thanks god), and it smells kinda good. Manly, you know.

Oasis_Lad
07-22-2006, 11:12 PM
I actually smelled napalm once(not in its burning state, thanks god), and it smells kinda good. Manly, you know.

duvall obviously knew his **** then

just watched a documentary on thermite which burns at 2500 degrees and can burn through steel in seconds :eek:

napalm aint got nothing on this ****

BrooklynBomber
07-22-2006, 11:17 PM
duvall obviously knew his **** then

just watched a documentary on thermite which burns at 2500 degrees and can burn through steel in seconds :eek:

napalm aint got nothing on this ****
I think that G-d created us to become killers.
For every one new vaccine we create five new weapons.
We are geniouses at killing and decapitating each other.
We propelled war and killing into a state of art.
We know how to kill each other in thousands of ways
We trully are the artists of death.

Oasis_Lad
07-22-2006, 11:20 PM
I think that G-d created us to become killers.
For every one new vaccine we create five new weapons.
We are geniouses at killing and decapitating each other.
We propelled war and killing into a state of art.
We know how to kill each other in thousands of ways
We trully are the artists of death.

well only the people in positions of power create war and death and they have had the same ideas and traditions for 1000's of years

humans are capable of amazing beauty but they are easily decieved

BrooklynBomber
07-22-2006, 11:22 PM
well only the people in positions of power create war and death and they have had the same ideas and traditions for 1000's of years

humans are capable of amazing beauty but they are easily decieved
Thats what I am saying, we can make anything beautiful, even war.
Its just that that beauty is totally perverted and disgusting.

Oasis_Lad
07-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Thats what I am saying, we can make anything beautiful, even war.
Its just that that beauty is totally perverted and disgusting.

exactly it's all propoganda since before egyptian times and it has grew and spread to modern times

today we live in a world were word of mouth can be spread in seconds by things suchs as e mail

of course this means propoganda can be spread easier but so can dreams of freedom and hope

whatever wins out is anyones guess

neils7147933
07-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Who's seen Clerks II?

Of course it doesn't quite hold up to the original but it's a solid 3-star comedy. Some bits work quite well (the Pillow Pants bit, the donkey show, the Porch Monkey bit, the musical Jackson 5 roof dance) - others don't (go karting, Jay and Silent Bob in the cell, much of the over-the-top vulgarity and gay jokes in place of cleverness) - but it's hard to view this film without comparing it to the original. It's still one of the most quotable comedies of the past few years, with Anchorman and Napoleon Dynamite, and it's better written than 90% of comedies that make it to the big screen...

phallus
07-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Who's seen Clerks II?

Of course it doesn't quite hold up to the original but it's a solid 3-star comedy. Some bits work quite well (the Pillow Pants bit, the donkey show, the Porch Monkey bit, the musical Jackson 5 roof dance) - others don't (go karting, Jay and Silent Bob in the cell, much of the over-the-top vulgarity and gay jokes in place of cleverness) - but it's hard to view this film without comparing it to the original. It's still one of the most quotable comedies of the past few years, with Anchorman and Napoleon Dynamite, and it's better written than 90% of comedies that make it to the big screen...

i thought it would have benefitted from a guest appearance by brian julius peppers

also watched Videodrome last nite, seen it before but i kind of forgot about it. i'd recommend the film because it has a character who grows a gash on his stomach and people keep poking things inside it and fingering it and stuff - just like a giant vagina

marvdave
07-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Who's seen Clerks II?

It was better than I thought it would be. I loved the first movie and figured this one would suck. I was pleasantly surprised. I recommend it to any Clerks fans.

Gotta love the "Silence of the Lambs" routine..classic!

marvdave
07-24-2006, 07:58 PM
my new name for beeatch is "pickle ****er" :D

The Noose
07-24-2006, 07:58 PM
i thought it would have benefitted from a guest appearance by brian julius peppers

also watched Videodrome last nite, seen it before but i kind of forgot about it. i'd recommend the film because it has a character who grows a gash on his stomach and people keep poking things inside it and fingering it and stuff - just like a giant vagina

Is that wat the "v" in VCR stands for?

phallus
07-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Is that wat the "v" in VCR stands for?

twat did u say?

and marvdave, mine has more bumps

SonnyG8R
07-29-2006, 01:05 PM
This will be Neils next favorite movie. :D

http://www.freedomtofascism.com/

AMERICA: FREEDOM TO FASCISM

This indie doc takes a look at the U.S. government with a decidedly angry slant, including topics such as the IRS, the Federal Reserve, abridged freedoms of U.S. citizens, money creation, voter fraud, the national identity card, the implementation of Radio Frequency Identification technology to track citizens and an alleged police state.

BrooklynBomber
07-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Who is going to Teladega Nights?

Oasis_Lad
07-29-2006, 01:15 PM
just watched batman begins for the 10th time

and i believe it to be the greatest comic book/superhero movie of all time

neils7147933
07-29-2006, 02:38 PM
just watched batman begins for the 10th time

and i believe it to be the greatest comic book/superhero movie of all time
I rhink ir's only the third best moview of the Batman franchise.

neils7147933
07-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Who is going to Teladega Nights?
I'll probably wait for someone to loan me the DVD or for it to end up on HBO...

neils7147933
07-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Between pay cable and a short stack of DVDs I got to borrow from my sister, I've seen a handful of movies in the past couple weeks (and a couple cinema visits). I'll include the rating I gave the movie on my imdb account and if you agree/disagree on me on any, feel free to respond...

Hoodwinked: 5/10
The Ice Harvest: 8/10
Shopgirl: 6/10
Brokeback Mountain: 8/10
Clerks II: 7/10
Fresh Horses: 4/10 (and that's generous, but I'm giving an extra point for unintentional comedy factor for its early twentysomething Ben Stiller performance)
The Squid and the Whale: 8/10
Transamerica: 6/10
Superman Returns: 6/10

* FeistyWench *
07-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Between pay cable and a short stack of DVDs I got to borrow from my sister, I've seen a handful of movies in the past couple weeks (and a couple cinema visits). I'll include the rating I gave the movie on my imdb account and if you agree/disagree on me on any, feel free to respond...

Hoodwinked: 5/10
The Ice Harvest: 8/10
Shopgirl: 6/10
Brokeback Mountain: 8/10
Clerks II: 7/10
Fresh Horses: 4/10 (and that's generous, but I'm giving an extra point for unintentional comedy factor for its early twentysomething Ben Stiller performance)
The Squid and the Whale: 8/10
Transamerica: 6/10
Superman Returns: 6/10
That is a bummer.... :(

i had Transamerica on my netflix list, as I was curious, but it doesn't look like it was even worth it.

Dirt E Gomez
07-29-2006, 03:37 PM
No ****ing way you give superman a 6. My friends and I almost walked out because it was so bad. There's no way it's better than a 4.5 at the very top out of 10.

neils7147933
07-29-2006, 06:45 PM
That is a bummer.... :(

i had Transamerica on my netflix list, as I was curious, but it doesn't look like it was even worth it.
Transamerica gets even uglier in terms of subject matter than would be required in an already heavy film - but not for the better - the viewer is already barraged by an atypical road movie. The woman's son is mistreated in this movie by about everyone - include the scriptwriter.

Felicity Huffman is good but I thought the movie was overrated...

neils7147933
07-29-2006, 06:46 PM
No ****ing way you give superman a 6. My friends and I almost walked out because it was so bad. There's no way it's better than a 4.5 at the very top out of 10.
I didn't hate it as much as you - I just wasn't overwhelmed like the AP was...

Oasis_Lad
07-29-2006, 06:48 PM

what!

i would'nt argue if you said batman with keaton was better but all the rest after that were ****

what ones do you think are better

neils7147933
07-29-2006, 06:52 PM
what!

i would'nt argue if you said batman with keaton was better but all the rest after that were ****

what ones do you think are better
Batman

and I still prefer Batman Forever too

neils7147933
07-29-2006, 06:54 PM
This will be Neils next favorite movie. :D

http://www.freedomtofascism.com/

AMERICA: FREEDOM TO FASCISM

This indie doc takes a look at the U.S. government with a decidedly angry slant, including topics such as the IRS, the Federal Reserve, abridged freedoms of U.S. citizens, money creation, voter fraud, the national identity card, the implementation of Radio Frequency Identification technology to track citizens and an alleged police state.
Next conspiracy movie I'll check out is Terrorstorm:

http://infowars.com/terrorstorm/trailers.htm

"TerrorStorm sets a new standard in documentary filmmaking. Alex Jones knocks it out of the park yet again."
-Dylan Avery, Director, "Loose Change"

Produced in a limited run exclusively for The American Scholars Symposium in Los Angeles (June 2006), this version of TERRORSTORM features material which will be unavailable on the final cut to be released in several weeks.

This is not the final version of TERRORSTORM which will include extras and footage from the American Scholars Symposium but this information on government sponsered terrorism is so incredibly important that it had to be made available as soon as possible...

Each copy is signed by Filmaker Alex Jones.

Our leaders have told us that the war on terror may last a hundred years; a new kind of war against a shadowy enemy that can never be defeated.

Generation after generation will have to lay down its liberty in an endless war for global empire

The evil men who rise to power know well that terrorism is the perfect specter to convince populations to relinquish their liberty in the name of security.

TERRORSTORM explores who pulls the strings and who benefits from the dark spectacle of modern warfare. This incredible new film answers the questions:

Do the people know how they are controlled?

Do they understand the systems of power that surround them, the modern propaganda machines of public relations that wash their brains and fill their minds full of ball games and mindless fluff?

Is the population beginning to realize that governments throughout history have used the specter of fear to drive their populations to acquiesce to total tyranny?

TERRORSTORM examines September 11th, the Iraq War, the 7/7 Bombings in London, and the coming invasion of Iran to reveal the connections between these seemingly separate events. Jones reviews the current geopolitical structure in the shadow of 9/11 through a focused historical lens and uncovers accounts of government sponsored terrorism that are openly admitted to by western governments.

This powerful documentary explores the mindset of the average brainwashed westerner and delves deeply in to those systems of control which have been designed to imprison their minds and keep their eyes closed to the realities of the world around them.

This exclusive American Scholars Symposium edition of TERRORSTORM is only available for a limited time.

Terrorstorm is currently available only on DVD (DVD-R format).

http://infowars-shop.stores.yahoo.net/teascsyed.html

Oasis_Lad
07-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Batman

and I still prefer Batman Forever too

i thought batman returns through to batman and robin were rubbish

neils7147933
07-29-2006, 06:57 PM
i thought batman returns through to batman and robin were rubbish
Batman and Robin is the only one I absolutely hated

Oasis_Lad
07-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Batman and Robin is the only one I absolutely hated

the infamous nipples on the batsuit :eek: :(

neils7147933
07-29-2006, 07:03 PM
the infamous nipples on the batsuit :eek: :(
...and enough characters to do a half dozen spin-off movies - which thankfully didn't happen

Oasis_Lad
07-29-2006, 07:06 PM
...and enough characters to do a half dozen spin-off movies - which thankfully didn't happen

exactly!

which one was alicia silverstone in ?

she was hot in that leather batgirl suit

neils7147933
07-29-2006, 07:12 PM
exactly!

which one was alicia silverstone in ?

she was hot in that leather batgirl suit
Batman and Robin...

BrooklynBomber
07-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Batman and Robin...
It was one hell of a pathetic movie, the first time I started questioning Batman's sexuality.

THE REAL NINJA
07-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Was flight plan any good ?

oldgringo
07-29-2006, 09:18 PM

craziness....ballyhoo

* FeistyWench *
07-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Was flight plan any good ?
no..........

SonnyG8R
07-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Saw Anchorman last night. It was ok. Had it's funny moments, but not even close to as good as it has been hyped up on this site.

neils7147933
07-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Saw Anchorman last night. It was ok. Had it's funny moments, but not even close to as good as it has been hyped up on this site.
blasphemy...

The Noose
07-30-2006, 06:39 PM
no..........

I disagree, it was good until the final third.

OptimusWolf
07-31-2006, 06:45 AM
Anchorman is great sonny - I think its the best of the Will Ferrel movies, although I'm looking forward to Old School 2 next year......

"Don't act like you're not impressed"

On an aside I've seen Superman, the Break-Up and Pirates OTC this summer, and my reviews are as following:

Superman - good - better acting from both superman and lois lane from the originals, not enough Clark Kent for my liking but a solid blockbuster

POTC - Crap - the first instalment was a cracking film for the family, had genuinely funny moments and a good plot. This was unoriginal sycophantic and forced.

The Breakup - Not bad, good work from the leads inc Aniston, but left me feeling depressed as it cut pretty close to the bone how silly and irreperable some situations get. I've had argumaments just like those in the film and have had the moments where you think you're gonna get back together and you find out you've hurt the other person too much to go back...:(

The Noose
07-31-2006, 06:13 PM
Superman - good - better acting from both superman and lois lane from the originals, not enough Clark Kent for my liking but a solid blockbuster

(

Ur joking right? Better acting than 1978 version!?

Margot Kidder was amazing as Louis Lane, and Christopher Reeves genuinly funny as Clark Kent, plus he looked much better as Superman.
Brandon Routh is just an imitation of Reeves Superman/Kent.

neils7147933
07-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Ur joking right? Better acting than 1978 version!?

Margot Kidder was amazing as Louis Lane, and Christopher Reeves genuinly funny as Clark Kent, plus he looked much better as Superman.
Brandon Routh is just an imitation of Reeves Superman/Kent.
I thought Routh was OK and I liked Spacey

Kate Bosworth brought the movie down...

SonnyG8R
07-31-2006, 06:39 PM
Anchorman is great sonny - I think its the best of the Will Ferrel movies, although I'm looking forward to Old School 2 next year......

"Don't act like you're not impressed"

On an aside I've seen Superman, the Break-Up and Pirates OTC this summer, and my reviews are as following:

POTC - Crap - the first instalment was a cracking film for the family, had genuinely funny moments and a good plot. This was unoriginal sycophantic and forced.

The Breakup - Not bad, good work from the leads inc Aniston, but left me feeling depressed as it cut pretty close to the bone how silly and irreperable some situations get. I've had argumaments just like those in the film and have had the moments where you think you're gonna get back together and you find out you've hurt the other person too much to go back...:(

Anchorman was good...Not as good as Old School though. That movie was hilarious.

My favorite part of Anchorman was when the sound was cut and the credits were running and Ferrel and Applegate were dissing each other, and smiling all the while. Comic genius. I actually fell asleep during POTC. It was late and I had been drinking a lot.:p

neils7147933
07-31-2006, 07:19 PM
Anchorman was good...Not as good as Old School though. That movie was hilarious.

My favorite part of Anchorman was when the sound was cut and the credits were running and Ferrel and Applegate were dissing each other, and smiling all the while. Comic genius. I actually fell asleep during POTC. It was late and I had been drinking a lot.:p
I didn't like Old School nearly as well as a number of movies Ferrell has been in. Not funny enough for me. And not enough Juliette Lewis... (frowning smilie)

The Noose
07-31-2006, 08:05 PM

Yea, that bit was ****in funny.
Doesnt he say somthing like "U have the mouth of a whore" LMFAO!

oldgringo
08-02-2006, 04:30 PM
No Joke: Ledger is the New Joker
Wednesday August 2 10:59 AM ET

For some, it makes no more casting sense than the idea of Jack Nicholson as a gay cowboy. But most are willing to give Christopher Nolan the benefit of the doubt.

By FilmStew Staff Report, FilmStew.com

Making good on a report issued several weeks ago on the website LatinoReview.com, Warner Bros. this week announced that actor Heath Ledger will star opposite Christian Bale in the next Batman flick, picking up where Jack Nicholson and Cesar Romero left off.

"Chris' unique vision is what made Batman Begins such an outstanding film, and we could not imagine anyone else at the helm of The Dark Knight," said Jeff Robinov, President of Production for Warner Bros. Pictures. "We also can't wait to see two such formidable actors as Christian and Heath face off with each other as Batman and The Joker."

Added Nolan: "I'm excited to continue the story we started with Batman Begins. Our challenge in casting The Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless. Watching Heath Ledger's interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale's Batman is going to be incredible."

Set to beging shooting in early 2007, The Dark Knight is based on a script written by Nolan's brother Jonathan, who previously worked with his sibling on Memento and the upcoming The Prestige, starring Bale and Hugh Jackman. Ledger, meanwhile, was of course a darling of the 2005-2006 film awards season, although he only won the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor. His work in Brokeback Mountain otherwise failed to convert his nominations for an Oscar, Golden Globe, SAG Award and BAFTA Award. For that, he can blame Philip Seymour Hoffman.

PATO 1
08-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Just Friends Is A Amazin Film

* FeistyWench *
08-02-2006, 05:21 PM
No Joke: Ledger is the New Joker
Wednesday August 2 10:59 AM ET

For some, it makes no more casting sense than the idea of Jack Nicholson as a gay cowboy. But most are willing to give Christopher Nolan the benefit of the doubt.

By FilmStew Staff Report, FilmStew.com

Making good on a report issued several weeks ago on the website LatinoReview.com, Warner Bros. this week announced that actor Heath Ledger will star opposite Christian Bale in the next Batman flick, picking up where Jack Nicholson and Cesar Romero left off.

"Chris' unique vision is what made Batman Begins such an outstanding film, and we could not imagine anyone else at the helm of The Dark Knight," said Jeff Robinov, President of Production for Warner Bros. Pictures. "We also can't wait to see two such formidable actors as Christian and Heath face off with each other as Batman and The Joker."

Added Nolan: "I'm excited to continue the story we started with Batman Begins. Our challenge in casting The Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless. Watching Heath Ledger's interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale's Batman is going to be incredible."

Set to beging shooting in early 2007, The Dark Knight is based on a script written by Nolan's brother Jonathan, who previously worked with his sibling on Memento and the upcoming The Prestige, starring Bale and Hugh Jackman. Ledger, meanwhile, was of course a darling of the 2005-2006 film awards season, although he only won the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor. His work in Brokeback Mountain otherwise failed to convert his nominations for an Oscar, Golden Globe, SAG Award and BAFTA Award. For that, he can blame Philip Seymour Hoffman.
ledger????????? :confused: :eek:
i can't even imagine.

* FeistyWench *
08-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Just Friends Is A Amazin Film
an amazing film???? :confused:
had you been drinking? lol!
just joking, El. ;)

platinummatt
08-02-2006, 05:27 PM
I just saw half of streetfighter lol. It was good

neils7147933
08-02-2006, 06:46 PM
ledger????????? :confused: :eek:
i can't even imagine.
Ledger is a better actor than some of the other rumored Jokers. At one point they were considering the skinny kid from Road Trip...

* FeistyWench *
08-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Ledger is a better actor than some of the other rumored Jokers. At one point they were considering the skinny kid from Road Trip...
true. there are just so many more "fitting" actors out there.
just a strange pick. we'll see if he can fit the bill. i have soem serious doubts though.

PATO 1
08-03-2006, 10:36 AM
an amazing film???? :confused:
had you been drinking? lol!
just joking, El. ;)

harsh words

this film now my favourite film

* FeistyWench *
08-03-2006, 11:03 AM
harsh words

this film now my favourite film
i did like it, but i am surprised that it is your favorite film.

you know i was just joking with that other comment. ;) :p

PATO 1
08-03-2006, 11:25 AM
i did like it, but i am surprised that it is your favorite film.

you know i was just joking with that other comment. ;) :p

LOL Suuuuuuuuuuuuure

top 5 films

1.Just Friends
2.American Pie 2
3.American Pie 1
4. Halloween 2 :eek:
5. 10 Things i hate about you :cool:

* FeistyWench *
08-03-2006, 02:50 PM
LOL Suuuuuuuuuuuuure

top 5 films

1.Just Friends
2.American Pie 2
3.American Pie 1
4. Halloween 2 :eek:
5. 10 Things i hate about you :cool:
i loved the american pie films.first time i saw them in the cinema, i was laughing so hard!

and i actually really liked 10 things i hate about you too. very good flick. hard to believe that julia stiles' beau in that movie is going to play the joker. :eek:

PATO 1
08-03-2006, 02:52 PM
wtf the joker

HAHAHAHA that guy couldnt be the joker

* FeistyWench *
08-03-2006, 03:09 PM
wtf the joker

HAHAHAHA that guy couldnt be the joker
they made a statement that he (heath ledger) was going to be the next Joker.

PATO 1
08-03-2006, 03:25 PM
damn i dont even wanna watch this now

ya gotta admit tho feisty belta ending to just friends

BrooklynBomber
08-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Anybody saw the movie about World Trade Center bombings?
I heard they gave it three and a half stars, is it good?
I might go.

* FeistyWench *
08-06-2006, 03:09 PM
my husband and i are off to the movies tonight for the first time in ages!

apparently clerks 2 and pirates of the carribean are the only real options. there aren't a lot of theaters around here and movie choices are limited.

The Noose
08-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Last film i saw in the cinema was Final Destination 3. Crap but fun.
I tend to go to the cinema after having a drink, and theres nothing else to do.
Havent seen a good film at the cinema for a very very long time.

THE REAL NINJA
08-06-2006, 06:01 PM
no..........
It was ok but I knew who the bad guys was from the start :(

neils7147933
08-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Anybody saw the movie about World Trade Center bombings?
I heard they gave it three and a half stars, is it good?
I might go.
Stone has sold out...

The Noose
08-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Stone has sold out...

Why do u say that?
Wouldnt he be more of a sell out to not make the film because people would call him a sell out!? :confused: (does that make sense?)

Surley with his track record its unfair to cal him a sell out.

The Noose
08-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Wat does anyone think of Hostel?
Saw it last night, and for me didnt really live up to the hype.
Not really as ****ed up as i thought it may of been. Plus the build up wasnt that great.

Good, but nothing worth watching again.

THE REAL NINJA
08-06-2006, 07:38 PM
I'll watch the dvd or some thing but i don't agree with making the movie ..years from now ok but it's still 2 soon :(

SonnyG8R
08-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Brought the kids to see Barnyard this weekend. It was very funny. It's one of those flicks like Shrek that is for kids but also has adult humor. If you have kids I highly recommend it.

neils7147933
08-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Why do u say that?
Wouldnt he be more of a sell out to not make the film because people would call him a sell out!? :confused: (does that make sense?)

Surley with his track record its unfair to cal him a sell out.
He's a sell-out because in interviews he has admitted to avoid putting any of his input or political ideas into the film like he did in films like Born on the 4th of July or JFK. This is not a conspiracy movie. He's being a good boy for the suits.

* FeistyWench *
08-07-2006, 10:01 AM
It was ok but I knew who the bad guys was from the start :(
yea, it was pretty predictable.

* FeistyWench *
08-07-2006, 10:08 AM
we ended up seeing pirates of the caribbean last night.
most of you have seen it, i am sure, but i don't get out much. :o

i liked the movie but i have a problem sitting through a 2 1/2 hour movie that just ends with nothing really being resolved (the problems that existed at the beginning of the movie are still there, plus there are even more obstacles now).
it was like lord of the rings, it just ended in the middle. it took 2 1/2 hours to set the scene for the next movie. just a big cliff hanger.

my husband, didn't like the movie though. he was bored.

oh well, i do have some high hopes for the 3rd movie.

and depp is a great actor IMO.

* FeistyWench *
08-07-2006, 10:41 AM
as a side note, i really don't think that movie was appropriate for young children. right as the previews started in comes 5 families with their small children in tow (all elemenary age and younger). everyone groaned when they walked in as the noise volume increased dramatically. that movie had a lot of scary images and the kids were screaming and a couple cried. wtf are these parents thinking! i bet they have fun dealing with kids suffering from nightmares last night. :rolleyes:

neils7147933
08-07-2006, 10:42 AM
as a side note, i really don't think that movie was appropriate for young children. right as the previews started in comes 5 families with their small children in tow (all elemenary age and younger). everyone groaned when they walked in as the noise volume increased dramatically. that movie had a lot of scary images and the kids were screaming and a couple cried. wtf are these parents thinking! i bet they have fun dealing with kids suffering from nightmares last night. :rolleyes:
My kids were a bit distrubed at the donkey show in Clerks II (Smilie)

marvdave
08-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Brought the kids to see Barnyard this weekend. It was very funny. It's one of those flicks like Shrek that is for kids but also has adult humor. If you have kids I highly recommend it.

I took little marvdave and marvdeb to see Ant Bully. It wasn't great, but it was ok. I wanted to see Barnyard, but little marv picked Ant Bully.

oldgringo
08-07-2006, 02:02 PM
I took little marvdave and marvdeb to see Ant Bully. It wasn't great, but it was ok. I wanted to see Barnyard, but little marv picked Ant Bully.

barnyard looks pretty humorous for a kids movie actually. i should take my nephew to go see it.

oldgringo
08-07-2006, 02:05 PM
I watched "V for Vendetta" last night. I thought it was good...entertaining with a pretty original story. At first I thought it was going to be a cheesy "Punisher" type movie, but it turned out to be dark, vivid and somewhat captivating.

Gringo gives it two thumbs up.

Mech.
08-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Wat does anyone think of Hostel?

I thought it sucked.Lame characters,B movie production...etc.

as a side note, i really don't think that movie was appropriate for young children.

well it is based on a disney ride...
I was bored out of my mind watching it though.

My kids were a bit distrubed at the donkey show in Clerks II (Smilie)

bahahhaha
What about the part where he spits the donkey cum.Mmmmm.
I watched "V for Vendetta" last night.

Mech. gave it 2 thumbs up first.

Mech.
08-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Has anybody seen The Descent?

http://bilder.filmstarts.de/thumbs/film/filme/t/the.descent/TheDescent-Poster4.jpg

Kind of an Indie flick,but a good horror movie/phychological terror thrown in the mix.

pretty
fuken
good.

oldgringo
08-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Has anybody seen The Descent?

http://bilder.filmstarts.de/thumbs/film/filme/t/the.descent/TheDescent-Poster4.jpg

Kind of an Indie flick,but a good horror movie/phychological terror thrown in the mix.

pretty
fuken
good.

yahoo movies rated it very well...both critics and casual moviegoers. i want to go see it.

* FeistyWench *
08-07-2006, 02:41 PM
well it is based on a disney ride...
I was bored out of my mind watching it though.

regardless, it is not really a YOUNG kids movie.
and clearly the kids that were there watching some of the scenes were upset by them. so....

* FeistyWench *
08-07-2006, 02:43 PM
I watched "V for Vendetta" last night. I thought it was good...entertaining with a pretty original story. At first I thought it was going to be a cheesy "Punisher" type movie, but it turned out to be dark, vivid and somewhat captivating.

i watched it a couple of days ago and also liked it.
but i had to google some info. as i couldn't figure out exactly what V's deal was.

Mech.
08-07-2006, 02:46 PM
yahoo movies rated it very well...both critics and casual moviegoers. i want to go see it.

I just read the american version has a new ending.WTF.What I saw was the original DVD,the original ending is one of the reasons I liked it so much.

you can probably buy the DVD online.Or get it from Mech.'s bootleg circle of course.

oldgringo
08-07-2006, 03:04 PM
I just read the american version has a new ending.WTF.What I saw was the original DVD,the original ending is one of the reasons I liked it so much.

you can probably buy the DVD online.Or get it from Mech.'s bootleg circle of course.

mechs bootleg circle a.k.a. "gringos playground"

Mech.
08-07-2006, 03:44 PM
mechs bootleg circle a.k.a. "gringos playground"

I'll put that on e-layaway for you.

-Antonio-
08-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Went and saw Talledega Nights last night. Although it has gotten good reviews from fans and critics, I thought it was only decent. I guess Ferell's act is starting to get old for me. His whole "Im on fire" scene was not funny to me. It just reminded me of when he went streaking in Old School, or when his dog died in Anchorman. The hospital scenes got the biggest laughs from me. Other than that I didnt laugh out loud too much. Ive read that Ali G was funny as the French driver, however I found his character to be annoying. All in all a decent movie, its hard to live up to Anchorman, Old School, Elf, Wedding Crashers etc. every time out.

K-DOGG
08-07-2006, 06:19 PM
I actually got a kick out of Talledega Nights; but I'd never seen a Will Ferrell movie before.....I never found him especially funny on SNL, so I had no interest in seeing his movies; but it was the same with Adam Sandler.

Anyway, the movie was dumb; but I thought it was funny as hell in spots.

marvdave
08-07-2006, 06:42 PM
I actually got a kick out of Talledega Nights; but I'd never seen a Will Ferrell movie before.....I never found him especially funny on SNL, so I had no interest in seeing his movies; but it was the same with Adam Sandler.

Anyway, the movie was dumb; but I thought it was funny as hell in spots.

you must see Anchorman

K-DOGG
08-07-2006, 07:12 PM
you must see Anchorman

Is it the same type of formula as Talledega Nights?

marvdave
08-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Is it the same type of formula as Talledega Nights?

i haven't seen the new one yet..but I can't imagine it is a different formula than his others. I just found Anchorman to hilarious. I am a little off mentally though. It is by far my favorite Ferrell movie.

The Noose
08-07-2006, 08:33 PM
I saw Old School the other day.
The last scene with Will Ferrel was damn funny.

-Antonio-
08-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Anchorman and Talladega Nights have a lot of similarities...

King Koyle
08-09-2006, 01:48 PM
My list is probadly a little strange :D

Top Ten(No order)
1.Don't tell mom the babysitters dead
2.Willard
3.Planes,train's,and automobiles
4.Uncle Buck
5.National lampoons vacation(First one)
6.Big trouble in little china
7.The fog(Orginal)
8.Spaceballs
9.Labrinyth
10.Friday the 13th 1

The Noose
08-09-2006, 03:39 PM
My list is probadly a little strange :D

Top Ten(No order)
1.Don't tell mom the babysitters dead
2.Willard
3.Planes,train's,and automobiles
4.Uncle Buck
5.National lampoons vacation(First one)
6.Big trouble in little china
7.The fog(Orginal)
8.Spaceballs
9.Labrinyth
10.Friday the 13th 1

Nice choices. And u are more than wierd. Labrinyth? And not the Princess Bride??

phallus
08-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Nice choices. And u are more than wierd. Labrinyth? And not the Princess Bride??

uncle buck was awesome, my favorite scene is where he's trying to wash the clothes and the neighbor lady is listening, and he says " i'm gonna jam my load into u whether u like ti or not!"

King Koyle
08-10-2006, 11:23 AM

Thanks Bobby :D I do like the princess bride.That's the one with Andre The Giant right?

King Koyle
08-10-2006, 11:28 AM
uncle buck was awesome, my favorite scene is where he's trying to wash the clothes and the neighbor lady is listening, and he says " i'm gonna jam my load into u whether u like ti or not!"

It's a great movie!The scene when he tells the school principal to have a rat naw that mole off her face is a classic one to.

phallus
08-11-2006, 08:44 PM
It's a great movie!The scene when he tells the school principal to have a rat naw that mole off her face is a classic one to.

" here's a quarter, go downtown and have a rat gnaw on that "

yeah, i liked that part too

The Noose
08-12-2006, 07:18 AM
Thanks Bobby :D I do like the princess bride.That's the one with Andre The Giant right?

Yea.
I remember seeing Labriynth in the cinema. All i can remember really is Bowe walking upside down and some farting stones.

marvdave
08-12-2006, 04:15 PM
" here's a quarter, go downtown and have a rat gnaw on that "

yeah, i liked that part too

Uncle Buck-"what's your record for consecutive questions asked?"

Mac Culkin- "39"

The Noose
08-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Uncle Buck-"what's your record for consecutive questions asked?"

Mac Culkin- "39"

lmao. Cant wait till he makes another film. Its ben so long.

* FeistyWench *
08-12-2006, 05:33 PM
lmao. Cant wait till he makes another film. Its ben so long.
john candy died in 1994 :(

The Noose
08-12-2006, 05:41 PM
john candy died in 1994 :(

Ur thinking of John Belushi.

Yea, i cant wait till good ol' John Candy makes a come back. I have faith it will be soon.

Mech.
08-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Ur thinking of John Belushi.

Yea, i cant wait till good ol' John Candy makes a come back. I have faith it will be soon.

His last name was Candy.
He weighed over 300 pounds for most of his life.
he died of a massive heart attack.

* FeistyWench *
08-15-2006, 08:58 PM
now that we can finally go to the movies, all the flicks i wanted to see are gone. FIGURES!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :mad:

phallus
08-15-2006, 09:03 PM
i watched a pretty decent film last nite, it's called The Heater, only thing is, it's a low budget indie canadian film, so good luck finding it, but if u can, it's worth watching - good acting, very realistic

neils7147933
08-15-2006, 11:27 PM
now that we can finally go to the movies, all the flicks i wanted to see are gone. FIGURES!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :mad:
Scoop is out in theaters now
And is Little Miss Sunshine

I'd like to see them both...

neils7147933
08-15-2006, 11:28 PM
WHEN WILL HOLLYWOOD LEARN?

Carrey doesn't want to do sequels. He did Ace 2 because he was contractually obligated.

Son of the Mask flopped terribly. So did Dumb and Dumberer. I don't think Evan Almighty will be as big as Bruce Almighty, but at least they got Steve Carrell to do that one.

This movie will just flat out suck:

Morgan Creek tracking down third 'Ventura'
15 Aug 2006 2:15am EDT - By Sheigh Crabtree
Morgan Creek has begun the detective work on a kooky cold case. The production company has hired Jeff Sank and brothers Jason and Justin Heimberg to write a third installment of the hit franchise Ace Ventura. The two previous Ventura comedies -- 1994's Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and the following year's Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls -- grossed more than $180 million domestically and helped establish Jim Carrey as one of the highest-paid comedy actors in Hollywood. The latest pet project is expected to center on the eccentric detective's son, who steps into his father's shoes to take over the family business. Visit HollywoodReporter.com for more ...

* FeistyWench *
08-15-2006, 11:35 PM
WHEN WILL HOLLYWOOD LEARN?

Carrey doesn't want to do sequels. He did Ace 2 because he was contractually obligated.

Son of the Mask flopped terribly. So did Dumb and Dumberer. I don't think Evan Almighty will be as big as Bruce Almighty, but at least they got Steve Carrell to do that one.

This movie will just flat out suck:

Morgan Creek tracking down third 'Ventura'
15 Aug 2006 2:15am EDT - By Sheigh Crabtree
Morgan Creek has begun the detective work on a kooky cold case. The production company has hired Jeff Sank and brothers Jason and Justin Heimberg to write a third installment of the hit franchise Ace Ventura. The two previous Ventura comedies -- 1994's Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and the following year's Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls -- grossed more than $180 million domestically and helped establish Jim Carrey as one of the highest-paid comedy actors in Hollywood. The latest pet project is expected to center on the eccentric detective's son, who steps into his father's shoes to take over the family business. Visit HollywoodReporter.com for more ...
if the sequel doesn;t have the original cast more than likely it will suck. even disney should learn that. can;t have an aladdin without Robin Williams. lol! ;) :p

Mech.
08-16-2006, 02:39 PM
i watched a pretty decent film last nite, it's called The Heater, only thing is, it's a low budget indie canadian film, so good luck finding it, but if u can, it's worth watching - good acting, very realistic

I cant really find any info on it.Is this it?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0462331/

phallus
08-16-2006, 09:45 PM
I cant really find any info on it.Is this it?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0462331/

no, it's this one:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0185354/

neils7147933
08-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Took my son to see "Zoom" tonight. He liked it; then again he's almost 7 - years old. Minimal background information, even less character development - it wasn't a "thumbs up" movie, though I guess for a 90 min. throwaway movie I've seen worse. Tim Allen does all right with the material that's provided.

What's sad, though, is Chevy Chase in the film - he's certainly a long way from the Vacation and Fletch days. There's a particular demeaning scene, where as a military scientist, he is checking an outdoor simulation center and the kids put him through rain, snow, lightning, and finally unleash a fake skunk to spray him right in the face. But this isn't Chevy doing his knocks for laughs - it's Chevy doing whatever he can to find work...

jason100x
08-17-2006, 12:14 AM
Yeah, Chevy has fallen on hard times in recent years. Even though he's doing comedy movies, he doesn't look like there is any sense of fun in what he is doing. Cops and Robersons was a perfect example. Talk about a comedy with awkward moments!

Mech.
08-17-2006, 05:43 AM
no, it's this one:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0185354/

ah okay I saw that but I didnt know if it was The Heater or just Heater.

neils7147933
08-18-2006, 02:45 PM
barnyard looks pretty humorous for a kids movie actually. i should take my nephew to go see it.
It was pretty lame. And you may have to explain to him why the boy cows had udders...?!?

neils7147933
08-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Just saw The Island (2005) for the first time. I am very glad I didn't see the trailers or read any reviews for the film so that the plot twists weren't expected. Too much information from most previews anymore...

Anyway, I am attaching the link for Roger Ebert's review of The Island. His last paragraph (under footnote) is an interesting thought (I'm not reposting it for those who haven't seen it)

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050721/REVIEWS/50711003/1023

Dirt E Gomez
08-20-2006, 05:26 AM
The Island blows donkey balls. Michael Bay has yet to direct anything worth a damn.... however I Think he is producing Transformers... so maybe he's done striking out.

On a serious note:

Snakes on a Plane was the most fun I've had at the theaters since I saw Dumb and Dumber when I was like 9. The last movie experience I saw in theaters I enjoyed more was Sin City.... maybe Inside Man. Seriously, no joke... see this film. Go with an open mind and don't take it seriously and you'll love every second of it. I've never laughed so hard in my life. Scouts honor.

neils7147933
08-20-2006, 10:21 PM
The Island blows donkey balls. Michael Bay has yet to direct anything worth a damn.... however I Think he is producing Transformers... so maybe he's done striking out.

On a serious note:

Snakes on a Plane was the most fun I've had at the theaters since I saw Dumb and Dumber when I was like 9. The last movie experience I saw in theaters I enjoyed more was Sin City.... maybe Inside Man. Seriously, no joke... see this film. Go with an open mind and don't take it seriously and you'll love every second of it. I've never laughed so hard in my life. Scouts honor.
Sin City blew the balls of donkeys...

-Antonio-
08-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Sin City blew the balls of donkeys...

you can't be serious :confused:

neils7147933
08-20-2006, 11:58 PM
you can't be serious :confused:
I think I would have liked it when I was a teenager; I don't get wowed by pretentious styling anymore...

jason100x
08-21-2006, 12:33 AM
I loved Sin City, I even got the Special Edition on DVD.

neils7147933
08-21-2006, 12:36 AM
I loved Sin City, I even got the Special Edition on DVD.
I'm well aware that I'm in the minority...

Still, there are a number of well received, popular in terms of box office, films that I just couldn't sit all the way through: The Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, Pirates of the Caribbean, X-Men, Resident Evil among them...

Dirt E Gomez
08-21-2006, 02:10 AM

Still, there are a number of well received, popular in terms of box office, films that I just couldn't sit all the way through: The Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, Pirates of the Caribbean, X-Men, Resident Evil among them...

Jamie Kings' tits alone make that movie a 9. Don't hate. Appreciate. And I didn't think anybody liked Resident Evil, that movie was horrible.

-Antonio-
08-21-2006, 02:38 AM

I understand where you are coming from. I just don't get interested in movies like Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter. Matter of Fact Harry Potter 3 might have been the most uncomfertable I have ever been during a movie. I was so damn bored. I loved Sin City though. It had style, interesting characters, good stories, etc. I really enjoyed it.

neils7147933
08-21-2006, 04:12 AM
I understand where you are coming from. I just don't get interested in movies like Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter. Matter of Fact Harry Potter 3 might have been the most uncomfertable I have ever been during a movie. I was so damn bored. I loved Sin City though. It had style, interesting characters, good stories, etc. I really enjoyed it.
Well, I would much rather catch a slow moving indie art romance or a film that's mainly dialogue, or something quirky/odd than spend time on Sin City 2, so you'll have to watch that one without me...

The Noose
08-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Well, I would much rather catch a slow moving indie art romance or a film that's mainly dialogue, or something quirky/odd than spend time on Sin City 2, so you'll have to watch that one without me...

And u dont like preteniousness? ;)

I love films with hardly any dialogue. A genuine moving picture.

I absolutey loved Jean de Florette. And its sequel.

neils7147933
08-21-2006, 09:48 AM
And u dont like preteniousness? ;)

I love films with hardly any dialogue. A genuine moving picture.

I absolutey loved Jean de Florette. And its sequel.
I don't like it if it's trying to be artsy. I like movies that turn out to be good regardless of budget and production...

There's plenty of stuff on IFC and TCM I think is garbage too

jason100x
08-21-2006, 10:25 AM

I don't think you'll find a movie that EVERYONE will like. I know people who don't like the Star Wars films or the Indiana Jones movies. I loved the Lord Of The Rings movies, I liked the Matrix movies, even the sequels to a lesser extent, and X-Men. Resident Evil I didn't care for and Pirates Of The Caribbean (either one) I didn't see.

jason100x
08-21-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't like it if it's trying to be artsy. I like movies that turn out to be good regardless of budget and production...

There's plenty of stuff on IFC and TCM I think is garbage too
A movie just has to have something to hold my interest. I can't feel like I'm wasting my time or I lose interest fast.

neils7147933
08-22-2006, 02:45 PM
http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=153762

Bring it! West Newton tough guy comes home...for a smackdown!
By Inside Track
Monday, August 21, 2006 - Updated: 03:16 AM EST

West Newbury native John Cena returned home yesterday to do what he does best: kick some butt!

“There are very few things in this world I do well,” the two-time world champion wrestler told the Track before last night’s WWE SummerSlam Championship match at TD Banknorth Garden against defending Champion Edge,“but kicking ass is one of them!”

Performing is a close second on the 29-year-old ’s talent list, and he’ll have the chance to prove it in October, when his first feature film, “The Marine,” hits theaters.

“Twentieth Century Fox said they were looking for a young, big action hero for the part,” he recalled. “So I said step up and give it a try.”

The movie bigwigs were immediately impressed by Cena’s audition. But the pro wrestler insisted he was only doing what he does “on a daily basis ...entertain people.”

He also credits what the people in La-La land refer to as his “clean-cut look ” for securing the starring role of the Marine.

“But I just like to think of it as lookin’ like me,” he added.

And Cena’s M.O. is his modesty, so he forgoes the bells and whistles of wrestling under a pseudonym.

“It’s just John Cena,” he said. “I’m just proud to be me.”

Which added to his excitement about last night’s hometown throw down at the Garden, because Cena had the opportunity to show his friends and family exactly what he is made of!

“My friends and family will all be there. It ’s going to be one of those momentous nights,” he said. “It’s one of the biggest pay-per-views that WWE has to offer, my family will be in the front row, it’s sold out and will be loud and intense!”

MOVIE IMDB PAGE: http://imdb.com/title/tt0419946/

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/9518/835260705lbj8.jpg

The Noose
08-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Being John Malkovich..

...can somone explain the ending.
Who was inside the daughter? The puppeteer? HOW?
And all those old people. Who are they, and wat were they about??

Great film tho.

-Antonio-
08-23-2006, 01:23 AM
http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=153762

Bring it! West Newton tough guy comes home...for a smackdown!
By Inside Track
Monday, August 21, 2006 - Updated: 03:16 AM EST

West Newbury native John Cena returned home yesterday to do what he does best: kick some butt!

“There are very few things in this world I do well,” the two-time world champion wrestler told the Track before last night’s WWE SummerSlam Championship match at TD Banknorth Garden against defending Champion Edge,“but kicking ass is one of them!”

Performing is a close second on the 29-year-old ’s talent list, and he’ll have the chance to prove it in October, when his first feature film, “The Marine,” hits theaters.

“Twentieth Century Fox said they were looking for a young, big action hero for the part,” he recalled. “So I said step up and give it a try.”

The movie bigwigs were immediately impressed by Cena’s audition. But the pro wrestler insisted he was only doing what he does “on a daily basis ...entertain people.”

He also credits what the people in La-La land refer to as his “clean-cut look ” for securing the starring role of the Marine.

“But I just like to think of it as lookin’ like me,” he added.

And Cena’s M.O. is his modesty, so he forgoes the bells and whistles of wrestling under a pseudonym.

“It’s just John Cena,” he said. “I’m just proud to be me.”

Which added to his excitement about last night’s hometown throw down at the Garden, because Cena had the opportunity to show his friends and family exactly what he is made of!

“My friends and family will all be there. It ’s going to be one of those momentous nights,” he said. “It’s one of the biggest pay-per-views that WWE has to offer, my family will be in the front row, it’s sold out and will be loud and intense!”

MOVIE IMDB PAGE: http://imdb.com/title/tt0419946/

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/9518/835260705lbj8.jpg

The trailer looked decent. It might be a good little action movie. Ill catch it on DVD maybe.

BrooklynBomber
08-26-2006, 09:48 AM
Went to Beerfest and have to say it gave me a bloody good time.

SonnyG8R
08-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Went to Beerfest and have to say it gave me a bloody good time.

I'd like to see that flick myself. Preferable stoned. :D

The Noose
09-06-2006, 12:39 PM
I caught the beginning of Repo Man last night. Its a classic right? Looked great.

With Emilio Estavez.

phallus
09-14-2006, 12:20 AM
repo man is pretty good. i like the part where he meets that dude's wife and she says " is this the young new waver? "

watched bob roberts last nite, really good film, a little scary though

King Koyle
09-18-2006, 10:38 AM
I just seen benchwarmers the other day.It was nothing special,but if your bored it's good for a laugh.

SonnyG8R
09-22-2006, 08:52 PM
I caught the beginning of Repo Man last night. Its a classic right? Looked great.

With Emilio Estavez.

Repo Man is a must see cult classic.

SonnyG8R
09-22-2006, 08:54 PM
I caught a few flicks on Comcast a few weeks ago. the first was Mr. and Mrs. Smith. It was pretty silly in a lot of ways but i admit i kind of enjoyed it. Angelina Jolie is smokin and it was action packed enough to keep me awake for a few hours when I could have easily dosed off.

SonnyG8R
09-22-2006, 08:57 PM
The other flick I saw was Zorro or something like that. I know she is getting up there in years but that Katherine Zeta Jones still has a smokin body in my opinion. the movie was pretty dopey, but hey it was free and I admitt I was not wishing I could have the hour and a half of my life back when it was over. :p

phallus
10-02-2006, 09:12 PM
watched Boys don't cry a couple nights ago, very powerful film, amazing performance by hilary swank. as i watched it i realized the town featured in the film is very much like where i live - lots of redneck violence

The Noose
10-04-2006, 08:18 AM
watched Boys don't cry a couple nights ago, very powerful film, amazing performance by hilary swank. as i watched it i realized the town featured in the film is very much like where i live - lots of redneck violence

I liked that film. Excellent acting.
Although its a total downer.

I saw the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. They didnt get the original at all IMO.
The way the original does just enough to make u feel very uncomfortable without showing too much, for the first half of the film. Then explodes into sudden violence.
The remake had the hitcher blow her brains out! Then it all went downhill. It was just another OTT brainless horror film, made by people without enough imagination to make somthing original.

marvdave
10-04-2006, 08:41 AM
I liked that film. Excellent acting.
Although its a total downer.

I saw the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. They didnt get the original at all IMO.
The way the original does just enough to make u feel very uncomfortable without showing too much, for the first half of the film. Then explodes into sudden violence.
The remake had the hitcher blow her brains out! Then it all went downhill. It was just another OTT brainless horror film, made by people without enough imagination to make somthing original.

any movie with the dude from Full Metal Jacket in it is ok by me.

"Happy birthday dear Jesus"

neils7147933
10-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Chloe Sevigny shines in that film, too...

neils7147933
10-04-2006, 08:51 AM
I just seen benchwarmers the other day.It was nothing special,but if your bored it's good for a laugh.
You can't have high expectations when you go see a Rob Schneider movie. But this one was okay to sit through once.

David Spade's haircut is worth the rental price.

BuddyChacon
10-04-2006, 09:36 AM

But she had some of the worst looking breasts in movie history.

phallus
10-06-2006, 09:32 PM

u must have written that review on imdb

neils7147933
10-08-2006, 05:19 PM
u must have written that review on imdb
Is that an exact quote?

I don't do write-ups on imdb. There's too many of them to sift through...

neils7147933
10-08-2006, 05:21 PM
But she had some of the worst looking breasts in movie history.
Chloe's eyes and legs make up for it. Her legs steal the show in Broken Flowers. She is a knockout in Melinda and Melinda too. People that have only seen her play retarded/poor redneck types in The Brown Bunny or Boys Don't Cry or If These Walls Could Talk 2 or Julien Donkey-Boy are missing out...

TheHoff!
10-09-2006, 07:38 AM
I saw Children of Men the other day and didnt like it. The whole concept seemed stupid and i didnt give a **** whether the baby lived or died.

The Raging Bull
10-09-2006, 07:49 AM
I saw Children of Men the other day and didnt like it. The whole concept seemed stupid and i didnt give a **** whether the baby lived or died.

I want to see this film, but I've heard quite a few people say it's **** now

TheHoff!
10-09-2006, 08:18 AM
I want to see this film, but I've heard quite a few people say it's **** now

Yeah I was looking forward to seeing it. I saw the trailer and read a couple of reviews and thought it would be really good...but it was **** :(

The Raging Bull
10-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Yeah I was looking forward to seeing it. I saw the trailer and read a couple of reviews and thought it would be really good...but it was **** :(

Well thanks for saying. It'll stop me wasting a tenner going to see it :D

jason100x
10-09-2006, 09:55 AM
I saw The Departed this weekend. Solid movie. Great performance from Jack Nicholson.

SonnyG8R
10-09-2006, 07:02 PM
I want to see that flick about the WWI pilots.

Brought the kids and a couple of their friends to see Open Season last week.

It sucked, but they liked it.

SonnyG8R
10-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Also wouldn't mind seeing The Departed, although it looks a bit like just another Donnie Brasco.

neils7147933
10-10-2006, 03:01 PM
New on DVD, The Notorious Bettie Page is a weak biopic

I finally got around to watching Saw, and I must admit the movie snob in me succumbed to the part of me that's attracted to trashy cinema. I've got to watch the sequel now before the last weekend in October, when the third movie comes to theatres...

phallus
10-10-2006, 08:08 PM
New on DVD, The Notorious Bettie Page is a weak biopic

I finally got around to watching Saw, and I must admit the movie snob in me succumbed to the part of me that's attracted to trashy cinema. I've got to watch the sequel now before the last weekend in October, when the third movie comes to theatres...

Saw 2 is much better than Saw, except, there's not enough Jigsaw/ Dr. Phil stuff.

The notorious bettie page is not about bettie page, unfortunately, it's about censorship in america. someone should make a real film about the most beautiful woman who ever lived - the real bettie page, and have rose mcgowan play her, or better yet kate beckinsale

phallus
10-11-2006, 09:18 PM
i watched an australian film the other night called puberty blues. it's pretty good, though somewhat depressing, it's all about how stupid and pointless it is to be a teenager, and the girls' moms are milfs.

-Antonio-
10-11-2006, 10:16 PM
I was a bit let down by Saw 2. I really enjoyed the first one, and will be seeing the third when it comes out.

Movies I saw recently:

Jackass Number 2 - A great movie to watch with a group of friends. Thought it was hilarious to watch these guys abuse themselves. Knoxville is crazy.

Inside Man - I loved this. It was different from the normal crime thriller. Every character was written in nicley and the acting all around was great.

neils7147933
10-12-2006, 02:32 AM
Saw 2 is much better than Saw, except, there's not enough Jigsaw/ Dr. Phil stuff.

The notorious bettie page is not about bettie page, unfortunately, it's about censorship in america. someone should make a real film about the most beautiful woman who ever lived - the real bettie page, and have rose mcgowan play her
This Bettie Page movie didn't seem to be about anything. It was surprisingly dull and the censorship courtroom stuff wasn't riveting or interesting at all.

It also didn't give Bettie much of a personality. It showed her as an abuse victim, someone naive, and free-minded but also simple-minded.

I'll definitely give Saw II a watch here soon.

neils7147933
10-13-2006, 12:22 PM

The notorious bettie page is not about bettie page, unfortunately, it's about censorship in america. someone should make a real film about the most beautiful woman who ever lived - the real bettie page, and have rose mcgowan play her
Saw was the better movie

Saw II had the more satisfying twist

...although I did figure out Amanda's role quite early into the second film

-Antonio-
10-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Saw was the better movie

I also thought the first saw was better, maybe because the idea of a jigsaw killer wasnt so interesting the second time around. Saw 2 was pretty good though.

Mech.
10-14-2006, 07:21 AM
I watched feast tonight.
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2583/clipboard01nm8.jpg
One of those straight to video releases thats actually good.
Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy21CHk4yIU)

phallus
10-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Saw was the better movie

i was really happy when i heard amanda was back in Saw 2, the scene with her in the first movie is probably my favorite part of the entire film.

" most people aren't very grateful to be alive, but not u, amanda, not any more " - Jigsaw/ Dr. Phil

she only has one line in the entire film, it's probably what gives her away in SAw 2
" he helped me "

also, it doesn't hurt either that shawnee smith is smokin hot

phallus
10-23-2006, 03:47 PM
hey neils, have u ever seen 200 cigarettes? damn, the dave chappelle parts are classic, that stuff about the vagina finger puppets and elvis costello and the dead girl are da ****

also i watched underworld again last nite. damn kate beckinsale for being so hot. damn her, damn her, damn her. i had to jerk off five times in a row because of her. my wrist is so sore today

The Noose
10-24-2006, 05:44 PM
hey neils, have u ever seen 200 cigarettes? damn, the dave chappelle parts are classic, that stuff about the vagina finger puppets and elvis costello and the dead girl are da ****

also i watched underworld again last nite. damn kate beckinsale for being so hot. damn her, damn her, damn her. i had to jerk off five times in a row because of her. my wrist is so sore today

Ur wrist is sore but ur dick isnt?
(i mention ur dick too much dont i)

I bet u have an leathery old mans dick. U could probably shag a brick.

So...I watched Minority Report a minute ago, and its bloody great.
Mad Dog and Glory is on later. Bill Murrey, De Niro and Uma Thurman. I love Uma, i ****in love Uma. And there aint **** u can do about it.

phallus
10-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Ur wrist is sore but ur dick isnt?
(i mention ur dick too much dont i)

I bet u have an leathery old mans dick. U could probably shag a brick.

So...I watched Minority Report a minute ago, and its bloody great.
Mad Dog and Glory is on later. Bill Murrey, De Niro and Uma Thurman. I love Uma, i ****in love Uma. And there aint **** u can do about it.

have u ever watched henry and june? i can't get through that film without at least three wanks. yeah, my dick is pretty tough, i've broken a few bricks in my youth

The Noose
10-24-2006, 11:39 PM
have u ever watched henry and june? i can't get through that film without at least three wanks. yeah, my dick is pretty tough, i've broken a few bricks in my youth

Henry and June was a favourite of mine wen i was a teenager.
That lesbian scene always did it for me.

phallus
10-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Henry and June was a favourite of mine wen i was a teenager.
That lesbian scene always did it for me.

oh God yes, that's one of the places in the film where i have to whip it out and pull one off

phallus
11-01-2006, 08:55 PM
i watched the newer version of dawn of the dead last night, i figured that was a good way to spend helloween. anyway, i have to say i'm impressed with the film, great characters, good acting, excellent script. the first 10 or so minutes of the film is exactly the way i would have made it. damn good movie considering it doesn't even have kate beckinsale in it

platinummatt!
11-05-2006, 11:00 AM
christine was a great film.

"They had to scrape him off the ground with a shovel"

"Thats what you do with **** itsnt it, scrape it up with a shovel?"

platinummatt!
11-05-2006, 11:02 AM
i watched the newer version of dawn of the dead last night, i figured that was a good way to spend helloween. anyway, i have to say i'm impressed with the film, great characters, good acting, excellent script. the first 10 or so minutes of the film is exactly the way i would have made it. damn good movie considering it doesn't even have kate beckinsale in it

Yeh I saw the old one the other day, and the new one a while back, both great films. The new one was good because it builds up

neils7147933
11-05-2006, 11:12 AM

no, haven't seen it

BrooklynBomber
11-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Anybody saw Borat yet?
Cause, the newspapers give them good reviews, but some of my friends who saw it, said they were a bit disappointed?

neils7147933
11-12-2006, 08:54 PM
I want to see that flick about the WWI pilots.

Brought the kids and a couple of their friends to see Open Season last week.

It sucked, but they liked it.
Our whole family enjoyed Open Season quite a bit. We watched it today. It had lots of "in-jokes" for the grownups, a lot of sight gags, and good voicework by Martin Lawrence. I would give it 3-stars.

-Antonio-
11-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Well I saw a couple of movies the other day. Watched Glory Road on Starz. Its basically the basketball version of Remember the Titans and I liked it a lot. I also saw The Break Up and I thought that was pretty weak. Vince Vaughn made me laugh in almost every scene he was in though.

phallus
11-25-2006, 06:24 PM
i watched a documentary called "The Corporation" yesterday. Really good, no kate beckinsale, but it had an awesome interview with micheal moore and the president of nike, as well as some constitutional stuff that was very interesting.

neils7147933
11-29-2006, 09:45 AM
i watched a documentary called "The Corporation" yesterday. Really good, no kate beckinsale, but it had an awesome interview with micheal moore and the president of nike, as well as some constitutional stuff that was very interesting.
The same Moore/Nike stuff from The Big One (or is it Roger & Me)?

TheHoff!
11-29-2006, 09:52 AM

I've seen that. It was fascinating. The stuff about IBM and the holocaust was interesting. Everyone should be made to watch this film.

neils7147933
11-29-2006, 09:54 AM
Saw some movies over Thanksgiving. I'll give a number ranking and explain if anyone's interested - feel free to give your opinion of the movies I watched. Didn't see any classics, that's for sure...

Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic - Made it 30 min. before turning it off. I was waiting for something humorous. She seems like, on talk shows and on SNL and on The Aristocrats, she would put out a nice stand-up concert film. Really bad. Can't give it a number rating since I didn't sit through it...

Bewitched - Bad script, poor choice in casting Samantha - Steve Carrell does such a good Uncle Arthur, though, they should have expanded his part. They shouldn't have done the "TV show within a movie" thing - play the damn thing straight... 4/10

The Forgotten - Julianne Moore, what were you thinking taking this movie which would have been discarded as a new Twilight Zone episode, let alone a feature length film? 3/10

Hostel - I'll see the sequel, but mainly to see if they do that one right. The "unfolding story" took a backseat to titties and partying - and then the torture scene where the dude falls on the bloody fingers and cuts off his own leg - that was laughable, not creepy. Some genuinely good moments with a promising script - hope the sequel is better. 4/10

The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause - It takes the characters from the first and second film and has fun with them - but it's like a Disney classic sequel that goes straight to video like Lion King 1 1/2 - it's appealing to the eyes and it's pleasant enough - but it obviously has different writers than the first film, it's mainly for the kiddies, and the franchise has "jumped the shark" by adding a baby to the character list that now includes in-laws, former spouses and kids, elves, and "fictional" folks like the Tooth Fairy, Father Time, Mother Nature, and Jack Frost. 5/10

-Antonio-
11-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Saw some movies over Thanksgiving. I'll give a number ranking and explain if anyone's interested - feel free to give your opinion of the movies I watched. Didn't see any classics, that's for sure...

Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic - Made it 30 min. before turning it off. I was waiting for something humorous. She seems like, on talk shows and on SNL and on The Aristocrats, she would put out a nice stand-up concert film. Really bad. Can't give it a number rating since I didn't sit through it...

Bewitched - Bad script, poor choice in casting Samantha - Steve Carrell does such a good Uncle Arthur, though, they should have expanded his part. They shouldn't have done the "TV show within a movie" thing - play the damn thing straight... 4/10

The Forgotten - Julianne Moore, what were you thinking taking this movie which would have been discarded as a new Twilight Zone episode, let alone a feature length film? 3/10

Hostel - I'll see the sequel, but mainly to see if they do that one right. The "unfolding story" took a backseat to titties and partying - and then the torture scene where the dude falls on the bloody fingers and cuts off his own leg - that was laughable, not creepy. Some genuinely good moments with a promising script - hope the sequel is better. 4/10

The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause - It takes the characters from the first and second film and has fun with them - but it's like a Disney classic sequel that goes straight to video like Lion King 1 1/2 - it's appealing to the eyes and it's pleasant enough - but it obviously has different writers than the first film, it's mainly for the kiddies, and the franchise has "jumped the shark" by adding a baby to the character list that now includes in-laws, former spouses and kids, elves, and "fictional" folks like the Tooth Fairy, Father Time, Mother Nature, and Jack Frost. 5/10

I saw Bewitched a couple summers ago and thought it was pretty bad. I dont even remember much about it except for the scene where Ferrell talks in spanish. I remember laughing at that and nothing much else really.

I thought the first 3/4 of Hostel was awful. It ended up being some softcore ****o. I did not expect that at all, and was let down. I enjoyed the last 30 minutes or so for its gore and humor. I think they can build on this and make a better sequel.

Mech.
11-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Jesus is Magic/B- or C+ Straight standup would have been better,but it was okay.

Hostel/The Forgotten/Bewitched

Least Crappy---->To Most Crappy

Im not even gonna watch the santa claus.

Damn Neils rent some good movies.

TheHoff!
11-29-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm finally getting round to going to see Borat tonight.

...I very exite!