Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Chat Thread - for friendly banter :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SLIMZ
    btw, lang in tagalog means "...only" (figuratively). how ironic we titled "PINOY LANG" & "LIMEY LANG" but it end up as one of the longest thread in BS.
    that's so cool!!
    i didn;t know that.
    but definitely ironic that these threads ended up the longest and contained more than just the pinoys or limeys.
    lol!

lang to americans is short for language.

Comment

Originally posted by * Fiesty Wench
      i don't think it necessarily matters how long that member has been here, if it is in his personality to hate or flame someone, he'll do it simply because he has been here longer, if only by a month.

i think many members have just become suspicious because alts are created all the time to boost their own karma/rep and points. luckily, there are a lot of cool people still here who welcome new members and give them the benfit of the doubt (give them a chance) until they prove to be a "butthead". lol!
      You are right with everything you said. Many users take karma and points far too seriously. To be honest with you, I don't think it is worth the time it takes to create another account - I have one account and that is enough. Whether I have 1 million points or a billion, seriously, who cares. I know: THEY do. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by :Bobby:
        You are right with everything you said. Many users take karma and points far too seriously. To be honest with you, I don't think it is worth the time it takes to create another account - I have one account and that is enough. Whether I have 1 million points or a billion, seriously, who cares. I know: THEY do. LOL
        so, where are you from?
        student, work/career, or couch potato?
        lol!

Comment

Guess I just found the right words at the right time. I was trying to figure out early who I can talk nicely to and who I have to show I do not take any "bull****" (excuse me).
          The problem with new members being hated on is just that a lot of members who joined months or years ago behave like bullies at school do, they pick on the weak ones, i.e. newbies.

not all....i know old-timers here who are great posters.

Comment

Originally posted by * Fiesty Wench
            so, where are you from?
            student, work/career, or couch potato?
            lol!
            You probably recognized I know English as a second language: I am from Germany, soon to be 22 years old, am university student.
            In a relationship for seven months now.

What about you?

Comment

not all....i know old-timers here who are great posters.
              Oh, I agree, sorry for the missunderstanding.

Comment

well, for me, i wouldn't want to see my name with a red stripe underneath. that's all.

Comment

Oh, I agree, sorry for the missunderstanding.

no problem!

Comment

well, for me, i wouldn't want to see my name with a red stripe underneath. that's all.
                    The reputation bar can easily be manipulated: you just need to donate points and your karma level increases.

Comment

You probably recognized I know English as a second language: I am from Germany, soon to be 22 years old, am university student.
                      In a relationship for seven months now.

What about you?
                      i think we only have one other german poster but he can be fiesty. lol!

you do really well for english being your second language!!!

what are you studying at university?

i just turned 36.
                      i'm married, have a 3 year-old boy and am pregnant with my second child (boy).
                      i work part-time (only a couple days a week) as a psychological consultant to various schools.

Comment

Working...
                      X