View Full Version : Manny Pacquiao . . . . .

psychopath
10-05-2004, 10:18 PM
MANNY Pacquiao is decidedly the best fighter in the world among featherweights these days. He may not be the finest craftsman just yet, but he has attained that level of skills, which, combined with that very rare extraordinary punching power, makes him the most fearsome of featherweights, or junior lightweights around. In fact, Pacquiao is too good for anyone weighing between 120 and 130 pounds in the business.

For the full article here's the link:

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/gen/2004/10/06/sports/gulle.pacquiao.too.good.for.their.business.html

psychopath
10-05-2004, 10:27 PM
That piece of article clearly shows why boxing lost a lot of it's luster compared to the days when fighters who were called CHAMPIONS are real CHAMPIONS . . .who can stand with pride and dignity on their stature . . . their titles . . . their accomplishements.

It's a FAR CRY from what we have today where there are so many Champions so many BELTS and noted good fighters doesn't have a chance to fight each other because it's not a good business decission. DAMN SHAME! :rolleyes:

m00ks
10-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Do you don't think that he's as good as he is going to get? You think there is more room for drastic improvements?

psychopath
10-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Do you don't think that he's as good as he is going to get? You think there is more room for drastic improvements?

You mean Manny needs drastic improvement? I do believe that there's more room for improvement but it doesn't have to be drastic. Everything is evolving . . . eveything changes . . . what he needs to do is just to cope up with all this changes around him and he'll be fine. This is a continuous process . . . he'll have to add up to his arsenal of punches and add up to his footworks and body movements . . . defense and etc.

Take note brother . . . Manny's first fight in the feather he took out MAB . . . second fight he decked JMM 3 times and was robbed of a victory . . . in short he is just starting, ;)

.::|ULTIMATE|::.
10-06-2004, 05:03 AM
wow thats a huge nuthugging article.

That article might as well been written by evobsm, its just as lacking in knowledge and nuthugging as his posts were.

.::|ULTIMATE|::.
10-06-2004, 05:06 AM
That piece of article clearly shows why boxing lost a lot of it's luster compared to the days when fighters who were called CHAMPIONS are real CHAMPIONS . . .who can stand with pride and dignity on their stature . . . their titles . . . their accomplishements.

It's a FAR CRY from what we have today where there are so many Champions so many BELTS and noted good fighters doesn't have a chance to fight each other because it's not a good business decission. DAMN SHAME! :rolleyes:

What that piece of article clearly shows is why Manny pacquiao looses many non-phillipino boxing fans on these forums. Because nuthuggers like that editor hold so tight manny's sperm is about to burst onto their face.

chilly9876
10-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Manny is strong and fast but doesnt have many punches in his arsenal...i think jmm showed how to beat manny (by sticking and moving) and for that reason many of the top dogs WILL beat manny

m00ks
10-06-2004, 07:07 PM
What that piece of article clearly shows is why Manny pacquiao looses many non-phillipino boxing fans on these forums. Because nuthuggers like that editor hold so tight manny's sperm is about to burst onto their face.

Well it's expected isn't it? I mean it is in a Filipino and the editor is most likely a Filipino. Of course it'll be biased. Just like the mexican editors are biased with their boxers or any other country for that matter. It shouldn't come as a surprise.

m00ks
10-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Manny is strong and fast but doesnt have many punches in his arsenal...i think jmm showed how to beat manny (by sticking and moving) and for that reason many of the top dogs WILL beat manny

Err...how could he have shown how to beat Manny if he himself hasn't beat Manny.
Also MAB and JMM are top dogs at featherweight. What happened?

psychopath
10-06-2004, 08:56 PM

You think Jmm showed how to beat Manny? Sorry you are wrong. First of all JMM didnít win in that fight. What he has shown is how to DRAW a handicapped Manny Pacquiao aided by a STUPID judgeís error and an incompetent Ref.

Officially it was a draw all right, but we cannot change the fact that it was only so because the judge didnít score the first round correctly as he openly admitted and the
Ref didnít deduct a point from JMM for repeated low blows. So the fact remains that despite Manny Pacquiaoís injury he could have still won.

You know there will be a never ending debate on this one especially on Pacquiaoís performance that night not until JMM signs the dotted line and steps up into the plate again. Reason why Manny Pacquiao wanted that immediate rematch . . . but I guess you already know who refused? And maybe you also have a suspiscion why? :D

psychopath
10-06-2004, 09:00 PM

Manny looses many non-Filipino FANS? Crap! Do you know what a fan is? Fan; fanaticism . . . does that ring a bell . . . or do I have to explain? Those people who withdraw their support to any fighter because such shallow reasons are not a fans at all. These are ride-on observers who joins the fan fare and the bandwagon while a fighter is still on top or winning. Look Iím a Tyson fan, Iím a De La Hoya, Iím a Jesus Chavez fan, Iím a Duran fan, Iím a Lewis fan . . . etc . . . etc . . . and no matter how these fighters gets beaten up or how many times these fighters get kayoed I remain to be their fan and no amount of crap or bull**** from anybody will affect or change that. So who cares if Manny looses the support of those kind of stupid people . . . SCREW them!

Mannyís sperm? WTF! Now you are talking ****. Hyping, bragging or nuthugging is a part and will always be a part of this sport so you better widen up your perspective brother. No need to make a big fuzz or be hostile, the fact is . . . Lampley, Kellerman, Beristain all the big named announcers and writers are doing their own part of NUTHUGGING . . . so better get used to it.

Now going back to that article, though I must admit that the editor is biased towards Manny Pacquiao can you deny what the guy is saying? Can you say that career manipulations by promoters like Arum and Don King is non existent? . . . . WHOíS LACKING OF KNOWLEDGE? :D

JOM'S
10-15-2004, 05:03 AM
I Am An Avid Pacman Fan And Being A Filipino Will Champion Manny, Win, Loose Or Draw, We Will Always Be On His Side...

And We Have A Guarantee From Manny That On Any Fight He Will Provide Satisfaction, Watch For Pacman-dinamita Ii, Manny Will Show Everybody How Good He Really Is....

( do )
11-06-2004, 10:36 AM
I Am An Avid Pacman Fan And Being A Filipino Will Champion Manny, Win, Loose Or Draw, We Will Always Be On His Side...

And We Have A Guarantee From Manny That On Any Fight He Will Provide Satisfaction, Watch For Pacman-dinamita Ii, Manny Will Show Everybody How Good He Really Is....

AMEN TO THAT! KABAYAN!!!

Dempsey
11-08-2004, 09:57 AM
he is our asian boxing star :D

Silencer
11-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Yup! Just hope the Morales will be his next opponent on February before the rematch with Marquez!!!

MlLkMan
11-10-2004, 10:00 PM
I think just get the rematch over then get EM next.

Silencer
11-10-2004, 10:46 PM
I think just get the rematch over then get EM next.

Think it would be better to face Morales first, doesn't matter if EM wins or loses to MAB in their 3rd encounter.

I want Pac to give Erik a taste of something that he's not tasted before. Something like what he did to JMM in the 1st round.

:)

lapulapu
11-11-2004, 12:32 AM

Your top dogs can beat Manny only by propaganda and talking. But they need a miracle to make it happen in the ring. Barrera and Marquez were backpedalling throughout their fight with Pacman. Pacquiao has to chase them all over the ring.
I'll bet you that if Manny will just stand in the middle of the ring and not go after your top dogs, there won't be a fight because your top dogs will never attempt to attack. And you call them "top dogs"!!!

Epie2
11-13-2004, 12:41 AM
Let's all watch the Pac-Man's tune up fight with Fahsan 3K Battery and compare it with the JMM-Salido fight. If Pac wins, make a prediction on the Pac-JMM II fight in Feb '05.

psychopath
11-14-2004, 08:38 AM
Let's all watch the Pac-Man's tune up fight with Fahsan 3K Battery and compare it with the JMM-Salido fight. If Pac wins, make a prediction on the Pac-JMM II fight in Feb '05.

I'd rather see PAC vs. MORALES on Feb. Arum's last word states that It's going to be Morales not JMM against Pac, then MoTALES said he wants Pac ON Feb . . . so why not? ;) JMM? Let him wait . . . team Pac should give JMM a dose of his own medicine . . . TOO MUCH blah . . . blah . . . blah :D He can fight all his mandatory fights for all I care. :cool:

JOM'S
11-15-2004, 07:23 AM
I'd rather see PAC vs. MORALES on Feb. Arum's last word states that It's going to be Morales not JMM against Pac, then MoTALES said he wants Pac ON Feb . . . so why not? ;) JMM? Let him wait . . . team Pac should give JMM a dose of his own medicine . . . TOO MUCH blah . . . blah . . . blah :D He can fight all his mandatory fights for all I care. :cool:

PSO for me I would love to see Pac finish his business with JMM first but whomever Arum offers Team Pac on Feb 05, be it EM or JMM is fine with me....

Argentina
11-24-2004, 01:55 PM
MANNY Pacquiao is decidedly the best fighter in the world among featherweights these days. He may not be the finest craftsman just yet, but he has attained that level of skills, which, combined with that very rare extraordinary punching power, makes him the most fearsome of featherweights, or junior lightweights around. In fact, Pacquiao is too good for anyone weighing between 120 and 130 pounds in the business.

For the full article here's the link:

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/gen/2004/10/06/sports/gulle.pacquiao.too.good.for.their.business.html
I agree but he's definitely gotta watch out against Morales. His lead left is just insane and he is unrelentless. He's too much for anyone out there I believe.

Champoreeno
11-24-2004, 02:04 PM
A one demintional as Pacquio is, I can't imagine he'll have too many more fight against top opposition with out someone giving him a boxing lesson.

psychopath
11-26-2004, 12:38 AM
A one demintional as Pacquio is, I can't imagine he'll have too many more fight against top opposition with out someone giving him a boxing lesson.

Who are the top opposition left for Pac right now? It's only MAB, JMM, Morales, CHI and Harrison. I don't think any of these fighetrs can give Pac a boxing lesson because nobody among them do the hit and run tactic "Gainer STYLE". :D Morales? He is not that mobile inside the ring to box effectively against Pac . . . Eric's tendency is always to mix it up and that could be his biggest mistake when he faces Pac.