View Full Version : Best MMA Fighter of all time?

10-16-2002, 04:56 AM
I feel its Ron Waterman....he is most buff and is well versed nough to take any WWE wrestler, which says alot. Taking any MMA guys would be childs play to Ron.

BaronVonThruster
10-16-2002, 04:57 AM
watermen has pecs like the greek god zeus.

and he can bring thunder to that ass like zeus as well.

Big_Papa
10-16-2002, 06:37 AM
he's pretty buff, but I'm not sure who I would nominate as the best MMA fighter of all time.

Wushu
10-16-2002, 10:48 AM
Ranger Stott- that guy was badass!

pål johnsen
10-16-2002, 11:00 AM
joe son

10-16-2002, 01:13 PM
Ron Waterman is way to handsome and buff to be smufed by those whores...lets be realistic here fiends.

Big_Papa
10-16-2002, 01:43 PM
I think I am to tell you the truth, not to brag or anything.

10-16-2002, 04:44 PM
I BEEELEEED DAT !

Nuno
10-16-2002, 04:47 PM
Minotauro Nogueira. Nuff said.

10-16-2002, 05:26 PM
[quote:a3333f61da="LiverPuncher"]Minotauro Nogueira. Nuff said.[/quote:a3333f61da]

STFU you turdburggler.

You know nothing of MixedMartalArts.

TuffGuy
10-16-2002, 05:30 PM
Frank Shamrock without a doubt!!!!

warsmer
10-16-2002, 05:46 PM
Right now Nog, ask me again next year.....

10-16-2002, 09:41 PM
Come on at least make this interesting....lets make this a must read all time must check everyday kind of thread...its worth our time. :lol:

Nuno
10-17-2002, 11:27 AM
[quote:afa6940e56="ShakkaRemusandPLiers"][quote:afa6940e56="LiverPuncher"]Minotauro Nogueira. Nuff said.[/quote:afa6940e56]

STFU you turdburggler.

You know nothing of MixedMartalArts.[/quote:afa6940e56]

Sure buddy, whatever you say. You know everything right?

10-17-2002, 11:35 AM
Rickson would kill H2o man.

It is not even close. 789-0 record. Waterman could not even do that in the WWE.

The only person that could come close to Rickson is Bruce Lee!

Waylander
10-17-2002, 11:40 AM
Im with Tuffguy on this one.

Frank Shamrock is my answer.

10-17-2002, 11:54 AM
He is not tough he keeps making fights then dropping out of them. Did anyone actually confirm he really broke hi leg to miss the last WEC?

pål johnsen
10-17-2002, 12:01 PM
past igor and frank..(royce in the early days!)

now- nog!

10-17-2002, 02:23 PM
H2O man owns all those bags of filth! Just ask Hedges! :lol: :lol:

Subic Bay
03-27-2015, 12:16 AM
test - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

juggernaut666
03-27-2015, 12:51 PM
wow another old thread...don't see any replies mostly this was a 2002 or so post...Id go with Cain easily.Better competition,better fighter and overall better athlete than any thus far.

TheRealGuy
03-27-2015, 01:24 PM
Jon Jones, not even close.

juggernaut666
03-27-2015, 02:07 PM
Jon Jones, not even close.JJ wouldn't be favored to beat Cain.The difference between Cain and Cormier is Cain has power in his strikes and better ground game.If Cain can smash JDS up on the cage he would do so to JJ. I don't see any advantage for JJ in this one.

I do think JJ would beat Fedor though,for different reasons.

Jay Volcano
03-27-2015, 04:42 PM
1. Anderson Silva
2. Fedor Emelianenko
3. Georges St. Pierre
4. Wanderlei Silva
5. Antonio Nogueira

mskzri
03-28-2015, 04:46 AM
My vote goes to the Ron Waterman for the best MMA Fighter of all time. He has a pretty impressive fighting history.

Anthony342
03-28-2015, 05:30 PM
Anderson Silva
Fedor
GSP
Sakuraba
Hendo

Jones (could be top 5 by now too)
Cain (best UFC heavyweight so far IMO)
Liddell
Couture
Coleman

If I kept going, I'd probably throw in Royce, Ken and Frank Shamrock, Severn and Frye.

If I were going for goof answers, like this thread originally was about, I'd probably say someone like Jon Hess or Fred Ettish haha. Maybe Art Jimmerson.

F l i c k e r
03-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Anderson Silva.

Everyone else. I pretty much have it like the other posts from 1 to 3.

Then I'd throw BJ Penn at 5 behind Jon Jones (4). Like him or not (I don't like hime), he's clearly one of the best ever.

Then I'm throwing Takanori Gomi, the best LW of all time at like 7 behind Mr. Gracie Hunter (6).

Actually, idgaf. All I know is, Anderson is THE best ever and Gomi is the greatest lw of all time. That's all that matters to me.

kaps
03-28-2015, 10:03 PM
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Fedor-The-Last-Emperor.jpg

Sugar Adam Ali
03-29-2015, 12:48 AM
Sakuraba

He should have been at 170 fighting and owning guys like Matt Hughes or GSP

But instead he is at 205 or higher and beating prime rampage, vitor... Dude fought heavyweight Igor vorchancyin...

I don't think there is a fighter in history that could pull off that...

Big BRICKS
03-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Fedor... And it really isn't even close

juggernaut666
03-29-2015, 06:29 PM

Fedor didn't fight really high level opposition for a long point period....he barely beat Mark hunt.he is also 1 and 3 in an actual cage.and has a terrible recordfighting out side of Japan /Russia....yes the prime card is the usual argument but theres a clear differanse with 99% of the guys he fought compared to how improved the UFc fighters were after pride....there second best guy got knocked out in UFC 7 months later,and that's just one point.Hes still a top HW of all time but not the best ever,i don't see how when he dominated mostly one dimensional fighters who were either grappler or striker and some UFc left overs.Brock lesnar would surly have given Fedor a much more legit fight than 185 pound Lindland in 2007.

kaps
03-30-2015, 09:14 AM
Ten Years, Thirty fights, no losses. Everyone seems to only remember the UFC's revisionist history of the HW weight class. UFC's was pretty much non-existent during the pride hay day, and if it wasn't for Fedor, we'd still be calling Noguera the best HW who ever lived. The fact is when Fedor fought Nog and CroCop there was nobody else better in the world than those 2 fighters, not to mention the easy dismantling of every UFC Champion Fedor faced. When someone hits ten years undefeated, then maybe I'll let them slide into the number one spot, until then Fedor is the man.

juggernaut666
03-30-2015, 09:24 AM
Ten Years, Thirty fights, no losses. Everyone seems to only remember the UFC's revisionist history of the HW weight class. UFC's was pretty much non-existent during the pride hay day, and if it wasn't for Fedor, we'd still be calling Noguera the best HW who ever lived. The fact is when Fedor fought Nog and CroCop there was nobody else better in the world than those 2 fighters, not to mention the easy dismantling of every UFC Champion Fedor faced. When someone hits ten years undefeated, then maybe I'll let them slide into the number one spot, until then Fedor is the man.
Fedor fought average fighters before pride ...thats where he built his wins up .He only fought top guys a handful of times .....if he was forced to fight top level modern guys of today 2 /3 times a year you can kiss that 9 year streak good bye because he wouldn't be fighting guys like hon mon choi either.He was only Pride champ for 3 years so his status is blown out of proportion...thinking anyone in modern MMA will go undefeatted for 10 years is also unrealistic .

$BloodyNate$
03-30-2015, 01:37 PM
No love for Dan Henderson? In my opinion with Andersons failed test he now has a strong arguement for GOAT.

Pride welterweight(middleweight) and Middleweight(Light heavyweight) champion. Strikeforce light heavyweight, UFC 17 Middleweight tournament winner, 2005 PRIDE Welterwigjt Grand Prix winner, Rings King Of Kings Tournament Champion (Beat Babalu and Big Nog SAME NIGHT),

Heavyweight wins over the 2 best heavyweights ever Fedor and Big Nog. Gilbert Yvel at heavyweight as well.

Light heavyweight wins over Wanderlei, Shogun(2x), Vitor Belfort, Calvacante(SF LHW belt), Babalu(2x)

Middleweight wins over Ninja Rua, Murilo Bustamante, Palhares, Carlos Newton, Renzo Gracie, Nakamura, and Bisping.

You cannot deny he's fought THE BEST competition ANYBODY IN MMA HISTORY HAS EVER FOUGHT. Narrow losses to Ricardo Arona, Lil Nog, Rampage, Rashad Evans and Machida.

I really don't think you can do much better on a Pound 4 Pound level then Dan Henderson. GSP thanks to Andersons positive test is the only other person with an arguement imo since I don't think you can say Anderson is the greatest fighter ever with that positive test.

$BloodyNate$
03-30-2015, 02:34 PM
My top 5 would probably be...

1. Dan Henderson
2. GSP
3. Anderson
4. Jones
5. Aldo

Aldo could jump to number 3 or even 2 if he moves up and wins the lightweight title. Possibly #1 if he had a lengthy reign. And don't get me wrong I LOVE FEDOR as much as the next PRIDEaholic but Juggernaut has a point. Besides Big Nog, Cro Cop, Arlovski and Sylvia the rest of his resume is just meh. I mean the longevity is amazing but it's not like he was constantly fighting world class fighters like the rest in the top 5. Heavyweight has always been a very thin weak division. Even the wins over Arlovski and Sylvia aren't the greatest since Sylvia has always been a meh fighter and both were on the downside which is why the UFC didn't care to keep them.

The main thing is the sport is still evolving as well. Too be honest if Cain was more active and not always getting hurt he'd probably already have an arguement as the best heavyweight ever. The sport is still young and evolving with better athletes coming in. So in 10 years it wouldn't surprise me to see this list COMPLETELY change.

kaps
03-30-2015, 08:58 PM
I give much love to Dan on the all time list, just not the tops, he had a couple gifts in Pride and is a hot or cold fighter, he does have probably the best looking resume of wins in MMA though...

F l i c k e r
03-31-2015, 12:47 AM

Prime for prime.

He'd lose against Anderson at the level playing field of 205.

Ruthless One
03-31-2015, 03:06 AM
In the UFC, probably GSP.

In MMA overall? Now that's a tough one.

Chups
03-31-2015, 03:29 AM
Didn't read the whole thread. I just want to give my input. It's Fedor for me.

KnockoutNed
03-31-2015, 02:15 PM
Fedor
GSP
Jones
Aldo

mannypacqloud
04-11-2015, 06:07 AM
as of right now,jonny bones jones, mma is still evolving tho.

#1Assassin
04-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Anderson
GSP
Fedor
Jones
Aldo

people are on anderson about the drug thing, but its not like he was fighting exclusively with no drug testing before. or like there isnt a logical cause why he would turn to steroids at that point in his career (like trying to recover from snapping your leg in half at nearly 40 years of age). if he was on that stuff all this time, why would he all of a sudden fail that same test he has been passing for years coincidentally after breaking his leg?

does this whole ordeal change the way i look at him as a man and an athlete? absolutely. does it change my opinion of what he accomplished in his prime? absolutely not. GOAT, no question. he stuck around too long and got roy jonesed, came back got injured. pride of a champion told him he cant go out like that no matter what, should have told him not to resort to steroids no matter what. but it is what it is..

aldo will take a big leap in peoples mind if he beats mcgregor, not saying thats the W that should carry the most weight in his career, just saying that it will be. jones is still eye pocking his way up the list too, hopefully rumble puts a stop to that nonsense.

Anthony342
04-16-2015, 04:28 PM
Haven't seen enough of Aldo yet. Last time I made a top 5 list it went:

Anderson Silva
Fedor
GSP
Sakuraba
Hendo