View Full Version : Boxclevers World cup Thread

Boxclever
06-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Ok it kicks off tommorow and I Can't wait. :banana:

RAESAAD
06-08-2006, 02:51 PM
I love that new commercial on ESPN it asks a soccer player why they don't call American football soccer over there so you guys would have both like we do....it is pretty funny.

julDilla
06-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Hey guys join the lottery

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1539319&posted=1#post1539319

The Noose
06-08-2006, 05:08 PM
I get excited then after 5 minutes after the kick off i turn over, watch countdown or watever.

Ricomania77
06-09-2006, 04:11 AM
i can't sleep. **** i'm so excited. I got two finals on saturday and a paper tomorrow, but imma try to watch as much as i can

Boxclever
06-09-2006, 04:58 AM
Today's the day :D

armani_model
06-09-2006, 07:03 AM
5 hours left!!!!

MickyHatton
06-09-2006, 07:21 AM
I hope Gerrard is fit!

armani_model
06-09-2006, 07:24 AM
he should be....

2nd II none
06-09-2006, 08:00 AM
Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa!!!!!

julDilla
06-09-2006, 08:07 AM
Coverage starts at 8AM and I woke up at 3 AM... WTF I must of been too excited to sleep

VIVA MEXICO!!

EXIGE
06-09-2006, 08:11 AM
I hope Gerrard is fit!
Ey Micky I been wondering where you have been. Hows it going man?

Hey you run a boxing club ooop north somewhere dont you???

MickyHatton
06-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Ey Micky I been wondering where you have been. Hows it going man?

Hey you run a boxing club ooop north somewhere dont you???

Ok mate, been on my hols to Cyprus for a couple of weeks so...

Yeah I coach at Moreton Boys Club on the Wirral, looking at moving though due to funding,two of the more prominant clubs in Liverpool have shown an definate interest, I am curently taking part time(12 hours a week) a Level 3 – Edexcel/BTEC National Certificate in Sport badge(Performance & Excellence Pathway).

Add into that I work full time, I coach and I am a married man with three kids so....

EXIGE
06-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Ok mate, been on my hols to Cyprus for a couple of weeks so...

Yeah I coach at Moreton Boys Club on the Wirral, looking at moving though due to funding,two of the more prominant clubs in Liverpool have shown an definate interest, I am curently taking part time(12 hours a week) a Level 3 – Edexcel/BTEC National Certificate in Sport badge(Performance & Excellence Pathway).

Add into that I work full time, I coach and I am a married man with three kids so....
I dont think you got enough on your plate. :p

Sometime this year or early next (when I pass my driving test and have car) im gonna do a little tour of some Boxing Gyms in the UK, mainly to get some extra sparring in. It would be cool to come to your gym if you still there, by that time. :cool:

Oh and have you ever heard of www.warriorboxing.com? If not I think you will like it there. A whole load of national champions and up-and-comers from the amateur game post there, along with a load of people who train the boys etc. Check it out, its a pretty nice site for amateurs in particular. You probably know everyone there lol! The dude who does all the videos for pretty much everyone posts on there (Eric I think his name is). :)

EDIT: That was another thing I was gonna ask you. Have you ever heard of Hopwood Hall Boxing Academy? I hear its good with decent trainers, and you basically just stay there and train every single day like you are in the army or something. Im considering checking it out for 6 months or something. If you know anything about it I would appreciate if you shared that.

Peace.

MickyHatton
06-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Hopwood Hall is a sports led college and runs the scholarship type courses like they have in the States, obviously you would study and train semi full time, not sure if its a talent referal type course or you can apply as per any college.

Sounds good, I'm all for improving our sporting lineage in any way by having better facilities and coaching so...

EXIGE
06-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Hopwood Hall is a sports led college and runs the scholarship type courses like they have in the States, obviously you would study and train semi full time, not sure if its a talent referal type course or you can apply as per any college.

Sounds good, I'm all for improving our sporting lineage in any way by having better facilities and coaching so...
You apply to it, its not based on skill im pretty sure of that. I might go and do that, because I want to advance in boxing really quickly, and I hear that place is good for exactly that. :cool:

MickyHatton
06-09-2006, 12:35 PM
2-1 to the Germans and they have'nt played half an hour yet, so much for the boring starter match!

The Noose
06-09-2006, 12:37 PM
I forgot abot all this world cup nonsense. 31 minutes played, 3 bloody goals scored, and i was ****ing watching Paul (IM NO RICHARD AND JUDY REPLACEMENT) O'Grady!

Oh bollocks!

MickyHatton
06-09-2006, 12:40 PM
I forgot abot all this world cup nonsense. 31 minutes played, 3 bloody goals scored, and i was ****ing watching Paul (IM NO RICHARD AND JUDY REPLACEMENT) O'Grady!

Oh bollocks!

Not sure about the Richard and Judy quote Bobby, I'm not sure who the drag queen is Lilly or Judy! I definately know where the twat is though, it sits next to Judy!

* FeistyWench *
06-09-2006, 12:41 PM

Oh bollocks!
serves you right, you wanker! :D

The Noose
06-09-2006, 12:48 PM
serves you right, you wanker! :D

For once i wasnt wanking!

But now that u mention it..... brb. :)

* FeistyWench *
06-09-2006, 12:50 PM
For once i wasnt wanking!

But now that u mention it..... brb. :)
lol! :D

The Noose
06-09-2006, 12:55 PM
lol! :D

Im playing the guitar, watching footy, posting here, rapping!!

Im multitasking like a sonofa*****!!
And its all so useless.

* FeistyWench *
06-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Im playing the guitar, watching footy, posting here, rapping!!

Im multitasking like a sonofa*****!!
And its all so useless.
and now you are giving interent lessons!

i knew you could multi-task!

The Noose
06-09-2006, 02:14 PM
and now you are giving interent lessons!

i knew you could multi-task!

Yep. Short lesson.
Plus i missed the game. :cool:

armani_model
06-09-2006, 02:16 PM
what a game...4-2

The Noose
06-09-2006, 02:18 PM
what a game...4-2

I saw the goals. Pretty fookin impressive.
Usually the first game is a bit crap.

Maybe we have already seen the goal of the tournament.

* FeistyWench *
06-09-2006, 02:19 PM
I saw the goals. Pretty fookin impressive.
Usually the first game is a bit crap.

Maybe we have already seen the goal of the tournament.
i thought you missed the game?

armani_model
06-09-2006, 02:19 PM
All the goals were good, but the 1st and last for germany! WOW WEE!!

The Noose
06-09-2006, 02:24 PM
i thought you missed the game?

Highlights luvvy!

At the end of the game. Sheeesh!

The Noose
All the goals were good, but the 1st and last for germany! WOW WEE!!

U shouldnt say wow wee. It doesnt do u any favours.

* FeistyWench *
Highlights luvvy!

At the end of the game. Sheeesh!
Ahh! ;)

so you gave up on te rapping, huh?
i thought we were doing pretty well.

* FeistyWench *
06-09-2006, 02:25 PM
U shouldnt say wow wee. It doesnt do u any favours.
i was thinking the same thing. lmao!

Oasis_Lad
06-09-2006, 02:46 PM
i use wow wee all the time

Da Iceman
06-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Oasis Omg!!!!!

the giant one
06-09-2006, 04:21 PM
that match should have been wanchope vs germany instead of costa rica vs germany. and the poles are pressing the attack now bigtime but just havent broken through againat the ecuadorans.

im hoping crouch breaks out at least two robot dances tomorrow

RAESAAD
06-09-2006, 04:24 PM
OK......so WTF is going on who is winning and ****?

the giant one
06-09-2006, 04:26 PM
OK......so WTF is going on who is winning and ****?

germany beat costa rica 4-2
ecuador is beating poland in the 2nd half 1-0

england plays tomorrow at 9am and the US plays monday at 11am

RAESAAD
06-09-2006, 04:29 PM
germany beat costa rica 4-2
ecuador is beating poland in the 2nd half 1-0

england plays tomorrow at 9am and the US plays monday at 11am
Thanks bro good lookin.

The Noose
06-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Ahh! ;)

so you gave up on te rapping, huh?
i thought we were doing pretty well.

Yea, i was called away on business.
Lookin at houses to buy. Some amazing deals.

the giant one
06-09-2006, 04:50 PM
that 2nd ecuador goal was offsides IMO

Boxclever
06-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Germany 4-2 Costa Rica
Poland 0-2 Ecuador

Great start to World cup, England tommorow, COME ON :D

Smokin'
06-09-2006, 05:22 PM
I am standing by my prediction that Germany or Brazil will win the whole thing.

I also predict Ivory Coast & Ukraine to be the dark horses :)

Boxclever
06-09-2006, 05:29 PM
I am standing by my prediction that Germany or Brazil will win the whole thing.

I also predict Ivory Coast & Ukraine to be the dark horses :)

Ukraine could do well.
Brazil always going to have a chance.
Germany i don't think so not this time. :cool:

MickyHatton
06-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Germany looked OK tonight but I still dont think they have a good enough team against quality sides, Brazil or Engalnd will win this world cup!

the giant one
06-09-2006, 11:00 PM
so is gerrard fit for tomorrow or no?

julDilla
06-10-2006, 02:40 AM
I dont know if Gerrard is starting or not. I hope e does, cuz I have him on my Fantasy team.

Did you guys hear the news about Rooney? Sven might play him against Sweden

OptimusWolf
06-10-2006, 04:19 AM
Agreed Micky, I'm optimistic that we will go to the semis, and meet Brazil. I'm not sure if we'll beat them, but it will be a well fought game, unlike the last WC when we couldn't get the ball for 10 minute periods.

I didn't see this thread, made one in the BS lounge, but I'll abandon it for this one now.

Gerrard is set to start, the only thing I've started is my first Stella.....

TheHoff!
06-10-2006, 04:40 AM
Germany looked OK tonight but I still dont think they have a good enough team against quality sides, Brazil or Engalnd will win this world cup!
Germany looked decent going forward but Costa Rica were ****e...and even so Germanys defence got caught out looking flat and vulnerable a few times. And if Costa Rica can make the german defence look like that then the top teams are gonna rip them apart.

OptimusWolf
06-10-2006, 05:23 AM
(To grimey limey) my sentiments exactly, Klinnsmann gets his defenders so high up the pitch any team with pace is going to shred them. Football fans are always quick to criticise teams for defending too deep, but in reality you need to give yourself some space in front of you as a defence to react to balls from the midfield.

MickyHatton
06-10-2006, 05:44 AM
(To grimey limey) my sentiments exactly, Klinnsmann gets his defenders so high up the pitch any team with pace is going to shred them. Football fans are always quick to criticise teams for defending too deep, but in reality you need to give yourself some space in front of you as a defence to react to balls from the midfield.

Yeah, my thoughts really, its easy to get caught up in the occasion but are Germany that good? I dont think so, Poland struggled so this group is wide open.

Roll on this afternoon!

TheHoff!
06-10-2006, 06:09 AM
Yeah, if we get em later in the tournament they'd be ideal for the kinda runs that Michael Owen makes...though if I was Eriksson and all the strikers were fit i'd probably play Rooney and Crouch and leave Owen on the bench.

armani_model
06-10-2006, 06:14 AM
I like using wow wee!!

Im missing the england game, im working..AHHHHH

Im going to be in such a bad mood while its going on..**** sakes!!!

julDilla
06-10-2006, 06:25 AM
Togo coach Otto Pfister has exclusively told FIFAworldcup.com of his reasons for resigning just three days before the Hawks’ first match at Germany 2006 against Korea Republic.

Pfister was appointed as Stephen Keshi's successor in February 2006 following Togo's disappointing showing at the CAF Africa Cup of Nations.

The 68-year-old, who was born in Germany, was finalising his squad's preparations in Wangen, when he made his decision to leave.

"When I started to be manager of Togo, I was promised that bonuses for the players would be cleared," he told FIFAworldcup.com.

"That is still not the case, so I decided to quit immediately. It's a professional decision.

"However, in not managing a team at the World Cup, my life's dream has been destroyed. But this is a situation I simply cannot work with."

Pfister, who has also taken charge of Rwanda, Senegal, Côte d'Ivoire, Congo DR and Ghana also expressed his regret at the decision, but felt there was no other alternative but to resign.

However, it is not known at this point whether the German could make a dramatic return to the squad, providing the bonus payments are made.

armani_model
06-10-2006, 06:27 AM
rah thats ****ed up...

julDilla
06-10-2006, 06:39 AM
Hey are they going to let you listen to the England game at your work?

Boxclever
06-10-2006, 07:06 AM
just off to get some lunch and watch the build up to 1st England game. :D

The Noose
06-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Not bad England.

Great start. Shame we couldnt build on it.

I dont think it will be long before Gerrard or Lampard score a beauty!

OptimusWolf
06-11-2006, 07:44 AM
I've just recovered from the all day drinking, to say that I wasn't very impressed with the games yesterday. England really didn't fire against Paraguay, struggled to get a rhythm going and lost their shape for the last 45 minutes.

I was however inpresses with the commitment from T&T against Sweden. Sweden are a pretty mediocre side but holding them to a draw was still no mean feat for the Soca Warriors. 2nd place in the group is now wide open, and England should top the group for once.

The opening game from the group of death between Argentina and the Ivory Coast was by the far the best of yesterday's matches, and the highest quality matchup so far. I thought Cote d'Ivoire were excellent, and they still have a good chance of qualifying if they can replicate that form against Holland and Serbia-Montenegro. Argentina were solid if not spectacular, but they have to be up there as one of the favourites

Today I think we'll see a cagey game between the above 2 teams fro group C, with neither wanting to lose. Portugal Angola will be a rough game, if you go by the only other time the teams have met, 5 years ago when the game had to be abandoned due to 4 Angolan sendings off against their former colonial masters.

Mexico should beat Iran, but it wont be a classic!

boxstarr
06-11-2006, 05:52 PM
paraguay ref was awful...didnt protect crouch and gerrard was booked for a perfect and legal tackle:mad:

i thought we played great for the first half and then relaxed a bit too much

crouch is reassuring me though i hope owen hits form soon...we need him as inspiration

i did think argentina could win but now i think its between us and brazil...inm whom there are many weaknesses

Boxclever
06-12-2006, 05:04 AM
paraguay ref was awful...didnt protect crouch and gerrard was booked for a perfect and legal tackle:mad:

i thought we played great for the first half and then relaxed a bit too much

crouch is reassuring me though i hope owen hits form soon...we need him as inspiration

i did think argentina could win but now i think its between us and brazil...inm whom there are many weaknesses

there's words for that ref that as a lady i cannot say :mad:

MickyHatton
06-12-2006, 07:27 AM
there's words for that ref that as a lady i cannot say :mad:

Yes, I'm not so here we go.

He was a ****ing cheating bastard, this coming from a guy who does not subscribe to the conspiracy theories in football but on Saturday that was downright cheating.

I watched it back yesterday and I am convinced, Crouch went for around 15 50-50's and was given one decision out of those.
Gerrard (although you could argue intent) did not come anywhere near the forward and was booked.
Paraguay repeatedly dived, fained injury and tried to get our players booked by waving the imaginary card yet did not get reprimanded for it.
Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham and Cole were kicked around at will but almost nothing from the ref!
What sealed it for me was at the final whistle the ref walked off with a Paraguay player hanging off him with his arms locked around him, they then stopped and laughed and joked before hugging again, perhaps a bit too friendly for an impartial official?

TheHoff!
06-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Yeah the ref was ****ing useless. It seemed like every decision went paraguays way...but we did not help ourselves at all. However much Sven and the players wanna blame the weather for them fading, the tactics need to be looked at. We defended far too deep in the second half and were practically inviting the paraguayans to get at us. Due to defending so deep we were spread out far too much when we got forward and there was no support for the man on the ball. They seemed to be happy lumping long balls forward in the hope of Crouch getting on the end of them and did not look like they could string even a couple of passes together.

Sven IMO is tactically inept. In the past we've resorted to lobbing balls over the top in the hope that Owen's pace would get him in behind the defence and through on goal and now we hump it forward in the hope Crouch gets flick ons or holds it up or whatever. We need to start passing it around and creating opportunities. Too many of our players play better for their clubs than the country(Gerard and Lampard in particular) and this says to me that Sven doesnt know how to play them...and even the players were complaining about his substitutions on Saturday.

Hopefully Rooney is gonna be fit soon and will link up play and inspire the team onto better performances.

JDizzle79
06-12-2006, 11:14 AM
well, Australia came from behind and just scored 3 goals in the last 8 minutes to beat Japan 3-1...I couldn't believe it!! LOL

OptimusWolf
06-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Ok, I think I'm the only one here who thought that although the ref was the poorest so far this world cup, he wasn't a cheating b*stard or anything like that.

The decisions against Crouch were annoying. About 5 of them were clearly incorrect, although he needs to keep his arms away from opponents when reaching for the ball (he never jumps does he!). The decision against Gerrard was harsh but it was a reckless challenge and we all know that Stevie G isn'#t going to get the same platinum treatment here as he gets in the PL, where refs are extremely biased towards him....

I thought there were positives and negatives.

Positives - Ferdinand, Crouch and to a lesser extent, J Cole. Ferdinand showed why Terry is a tad overrated at international level by the burberry fans and that he is our top centre half. Crouch was excellent, really impressed me throughout the whole game, and even outpaced the paraguayan defence at time! Joe Cole continued to show why he would probably make any national squad in the world.

Negatives - Ashley Cole looked shaky and fell into his old errors of diving in when under pressure. He can't do that against the better teams. Owen was out of touch, needs a goal to get his confidence up. Erikkson needs to decide why he brought Walcott and Lennon to Germany. here was me thinking it was to inject pace into a game in the second half when opponents were tiring. he should have brought Lennon on, Beckham inside and pushed up Gerrard to support crouch, or Carrick on to do a similar thing.

Still its a win, and we've all but qualified.

JDizzle79
06-12-2006, 12:36 PM
DAMN!...USA down 2-0 in the 35th minute...what gives?!

OptimusWolf
06-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Czech republic are a very good side. Realistically USA would have to play very tight and negative to beat them. I don't think thats in the US footballing attitude (and credit to them for that), but against top tier teams they're going to cash in on your attacking style with superior quality in midfield and up front.

In my predictor league I had the Czechs making the semis, but perhaps not with Koller tearing his hamstring....

The Noose
06-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Yea!!!

That Czech player, the one who scored two grrrrreat goals is coming to Arsenal! Nice one Wenger.

Italy looked pretty good yesterday. Brazil are playin later.

Did anyone get a buzz outa seeing USA beaten?

Ricomania77
06-13-2006, 07:10 PM
spain plays tomorrow (i believe). We've pretty much seen every team at least play once. Who looked most impressive in your opinion?

I would probablyhave to go to the Czechs, although it's difficult to judge on just one game.

???
06-13-2006, 07:24 PM
well, Australia came from behind and just scored 3 goals in the last 8 minutes to beat Japan 3-1...I couldn't believe it!! LOL
Yep, with that ability they're going to win. They're the wildcards to win.

And if you listen to the wind coming from the east you can hear the knees of the Brazilians knocking.

Smokin'
06-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Most impressive? Ivory Coast. I'm not even kidding either...

TheHoff!
06-13-2006, 07:36 PM
I'd say Argentina and Italy have looked the most impressive so far, though I didnt see the Czech game...but they were only playing the U.S.

I think Brazil and our lot will improve as the tournament goes on. Germany looked decent but vulnerable in defence and Holland are dangerous if only because Robben is ****ing amazing.

Smokin'
06-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Ivory Coast was teh better team in that game, spinal.

TheHoff!
06-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Ivory Coast was teh better team in that game, spinal.
Ivory Coast are a good side and they did put up a good performance against the Argie's but they just dont have that cleverness in and around the box that Argentina have. When it came to the final ball they didnt have that incisiveness and thats the difference between the two teams.

Ricomania77
06-13-2006, 09:20 PM
i thought the most entertaining game so far was the Argentina v Ivory Coast game. The albaceleste's experience really showed and that's the reason they ended up on top.

MickyHatton
06-14-2006, 10:19 AM
Spain are cruising 3 -0.

Ukraine were robbed in having their man sent off though!

I do believe that the first penalty of the tournament has just been scored as well!

MickyHatton
06-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Spain 4 - Ukraine 0

Spain looked very good today, perhaps at long last they are fulfilling their talent?

Smokin'
06-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Ukraine are an attacking side and once the man was sent off it totally ruined their plans. Spain played well though, hats off to them. Maybe instead of under-achievers they will be over-achievers. They play really nice soccer.

MickyHatton
06-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Ukraine are an attacking side and once the man was sent off it totally ruined their plans. Spain played well though, hats off to them. Maybe instead of under-achievers they will be over-achievers. They play really nice soccer.

Yep, poor decision that, although they were two behind by then.

I'm a Liverpool supporter so I have an interest in the Spanish (considering half the team are from there!)and they look strong.

A bit like England in that they have a mixed bag in age but quality throughout, I'm sure England will do well also!

Smokin'
06-14-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm going to sound like a broken record by now but England won't do well.

Once again, they have a big problem in midfield. Lampard and Gerrard are failing to work as a central medfield, both of them want to be on the end of things but seem to be hesitant because they know one should always be filling the hole in front of the defence. This pairing also means there’s the lack of a truely creative midfielder that will control the play and dictate the pace and tone of the game.

EXIGE
06-14-2006, 01:07 PM

Once again, they have a big problem in midfield. Lampard and Gerrard are failing to work as a central medfield, both of them want to be on the end of things but seem to be hesitant because they know one should always be filling the hole in front of the defence. This pairing also means there’s the lack of a truely creative midfielder that will control the play and dictate the pace and tone of the game.
England > Canada. :D

TheHoff!
06-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Lampard and Gerrard are failing to work as a central medfield, both of them want to be on the end of things but seem to be hesitant because they know one should always be filling the hole in front of the defence. This pairing also means there’s the lack of a truely creative midfielder that will control the play and dictate the pace and tone of the game.
I agree with you on this one. They both play much better for their clubs than England and I dont think Sven knows how to deal with this. In the past he's played gerard all over the midfield but now he's playing with Lampard in the middle Gerard seems to have taken on a more defensive role which limits him.

Ricomania77
06-14-2006, 02:31 PM
hopefully they do well. They have the individual talent. Villa and Torres looked very good, hopefully they can continue their momentum .

Smokin'
06-14-2006, 02:31 PM
I agree with you on this one. They both play much better for their clubs than England and I dont think Sven knows how to deal with this. In the past he's played gerard all over the midfield but now he's playing with Lampard in the middle Gerard seems to have taken on a more defensive role which limits him.

I think the England team would do far better with a three-centre half pairing of Ferdinand (as sweeper), Terry and Campbell, playing FIVE across the midfield with a specialist man-marker but without wingbacks. The England team isn't much of a team, though. Eriksson seems to create a side where 2+2=3 instead of 5...no synergy whatsoever and no easy flow to the passing and movement. England hasn't done this for years, but with Terry's form (in Chelsea), use three central defenders, and Cole/Neville become more out and out wingbacks venturing up (something Carragher isn't good at. Croatia did quite well with a 5-3-2 in '98.

Or stick Carrick at Holding mid and let either Gerrard or Lamps (bench one of them) carry the attacking abilities. Kind of like how the Germans are playing now with Frings/Ballack.

TheHoff!
06-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah Sven is useless when it comes to tactics. He's had a history with England of using players in the wrong position and completely ****ing up substitutions so i aint got much hope that he's gonna make the right changes in this world cup...or any really unless they are forced upon him.

I think probably he should drop Lampard and play Carrick in a holding position but I'm still not sure that that would work or if Carrick is the right player for it. Ledley King looked good in that position but of course he went and got himself injured.

I'm just hoping that Rooney coming back will bring em all to life and be the spark we need.

MickyHatton
06-15-2006, 04:26 AM

Once again, they have a big problem in midfield. Lampard and Gerrard are failing to work as a central midfield, both of them want to be on the end of things but seem to be hesitant because they know one should always be filling the hole in front of the defence. This pairing also means there’s the lack of a truly creative midfielder that will control the play and dictate the pace and tone of the game.

You could be right Smokin, as well as both of them played first half on Saturday they still didn't look comfortable.

It kills me as a Liverpool supporter to see Steven Gerrard in the holding role, OK he can play that position but he can play lots of positions, I want to see him doing what he does best and that's dictating play from the centre to top third of the pitch, he was awesome this season (hence the PFA player of the year award)and he scored 23 goals from midfield but he is now stuck near the back to accommodate Lampard.
Don't get me wrong Lampard is equally a great player in that position but I feel, and this is a thought out statement that overall Gerrard has more to offer than Lampard, Lampard is a great player in a great side so he looks great every game for that reason, Gerrard has carried Liverpool on his own for some seasons now and still competes with Lampard as the best midfielder in Europe.
Its a hard one because neither deserve to be dropped but for the good of the country?

Lets see what happens today!

Smashing
06-15-2006, 06:26 AM
i dont think they should play Rooney yet..play Rooney at the end of the last qualifying match......Crouch definately needs support...as soon as Owen went off..so did Englands game...
Gerrard should be the front midfielder..Beckham and cole either side with Lampard covering...defensively..we are sound...
come on the boys..

Smashing
06-15-2006, 06:35 AM
check the czechs...for a great outside team..

RwK
06-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Are you people watching Trinidad?

They're going to end up beating you folks. What a shame if so.

RwK
06-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Whew, Beckhamn and Crouch saved your guys' asses.

paul750
06-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Whew, Beckhamn and Crouch saved your guys' asses.I thought you guys didn't like soccer?:confused:

Smokin'
06-15-2006, 01:46 PM
hahahaha I've been telling everyone all along...England sucks. And what do they prove to me? That they suck.:D

RwK
06-15-2006, 01:54 PM
I thought you guys didn't like soccer?:confused:

When did I state that?

Smokin'
06-15-2006, 01:54 PM
he's Mexican..Of course he doesn't hate soccer.

EXIGE
06-15-2006, 02:19 PM
twwwwwwwooooooo-nillllllllll

The Noose
06-15-2006, 06:51 PM
hahahaha I've been telling everyone all along...England sucks. And what do they prove to me? That they suck.:D
Yea, but they didnt suck as bad as Trinidad or Paraguay. Maybe if they finish the tornament sucking a little less then everyone else, they'll win it.
:confused:

Smokin'
06-15-2006, 07:02 PM
RunW/Knives, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. STFU.

MickyHatton
06-16-2006, 05:21 AM
Don’t like Gerrard in the holding role (he's better than that), Owen obviously isn't fit (his game is dependent on full fitness) so why he brought Walcott only to sit him on the bench I don't know?
Beckham as great as he is needs to keep his shape, he is always looking for the ball in the centre of the park when we have two of the best midfielders in the world to do that in Lampard and Gerrard, this make us easier to defend against.
Crouch had a poor game but at least he scored but he is no Owen or Rooney!
Trinidad always had ten men behind the ball so we needed to keep our shape and stretch them wide to create space, as soon as Lennon did that we looked dangerous, lesson to be learnt there!
Positives are that we have qualified and that things have to get better, Rooney is back, Gerrard scored a great goal and I think things will change, what do you think?

TheHoff!
06-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Damn! Argentina are playing some beautiful stuff against Serbia & Montenegro. Their second goal was a ****ing masterclass, 24 passes leading up to the goal and they tore Serbia to bits. Easily the best goal of the world cup so far.

Mick Hucknall
06-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Argentina all i can say is WOW

Mick Hucknall
06-16-2006, 10:02 AM
If ARgentina continue to play like that i belive they will not be beaten

steviant
06-16-2006, 10:12 AM
No they won't and they'll probably spank England if they play the way they're doing at the moment.

AJ53
06-16-2006, 10:44 AM
5-0 to argentina now!!!
they look **** hot!!!

TheHoff!
06-16-2006, 10:53 AM
They were a joy to watch. The way they pass and move and just keep hold of the ball is beautiful...and they've got players up front that are capable of beating a man and creating things. It was like watching the old brazil teams at times. They'll make our lot look silly if we play em. :(

Smokin'
06-16-2006, 04:10 PM
just goes to show how good of a team Ivory Coast is seeing as they dominated (well, not dominated) but did extremely well against Argentina. I think if they were a little more clever in and around the box and had maybe another finisher other then Drogba they would be doing extremely well. What do you guys think?

TheHoff!
06-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Ivory Coast lost again though didnt they. I didnt see the game but I heard Robben was giving them loads of problems. He'd give any team trouble though.

armani_model
06-16-2006, 04:43 PM
goal of the tournament.....cambiasso!!!!!

Argies look too good!!!

the giant one
06-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Im proud of the US today. The Ref tried to **** us over bigtime with those horrid red card calls and still they managed to draw Italy 1-1.

!! AI-Holmes!!
06-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Im proud of the US today. The Ref tried to **** us over bigtime with those horrid red card calls and still they managed to draw Italy 1-1.
Agreed, they drew with Italy despite the fact that they were playing with 9 men only. Great effort by Team USA.

The Noose
06-20-2006, 09:07 PM
No one posted today about England.....that says alot!

We're not exactly on fire are we.

Owen broke both his legs in the first second and Rooney is slow and fat like a slug in a broken wheelchair.

Dude
06-20-2006, 11:11 PM
54, 74, 90, 2006 mit dem Herz in der Hand und der Leidenschaft im Bein, werden wir Weltmeister sein!

We're gonna win this thing and it wont even be a contest. Too sad we didn't get to kick England out in the round of the last 16. Hopefully you guys will last long enough, so that we can kick your ass later on.

WC Champion 2006: Deutschland!

Miro Klose is the best striker in the world right now. Ballack is getting in form. Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Mertesacker are all world class material. Frings and Schneider have proven what they are worth four years ago. And I don't even have to talk about our gk! England would die to have Oliver Kahn in their squad and he sits on our bench.

Goold luck anyway, Brits. Maybe you can do some damage to Argentina. Them and Brazil are the only teams that we have to respect.

MickyHatton
06-21-2006, 04:18 AM
54, 74, 90, 2006 mit dem Herz in der Hand und der Leidenschaft im Bein, werden wir Weltmeister sein!

We're gonna win this thing and it wont even be a contest. Too sad we didn't get to kick England out in the round of the last 16. Hopefully you guys will last long enough, so that we can kick your ass later on.

WC Champion 2006: Deutschland!

Miro Klose is the best striker in the world right now. Ballack is getting in form. Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Mertesacker are all world class material. Frings and Schneider have proven what they are worth four years ago. And I don't even have to talk about our gk! England would die to have Oliver Kahn in their squad and he sits on our bench.

Goold luck anyway, Brits. Maybe you can do some damage to Argentina. Them and Brazil are the only teams that we have to respect.

Ich muss zugeben, dass Sie stark aber ich ehrlich aussehen Zunftsprache sieht Sie gewinnen. Sie werden wahrscheinlich Argentinien im Halbfinale treffen, und das wird das sein. England sieht wackelig aus, aber an unserem Tag können wir irgendjemanden schlagen, ich kann sowohl England als auch Deutschland sehen, das im semi's herausgeschlagen wird.

Apologies lol for my poor German, its been a while!

I can see Germany losing to Argentina in the semi's and England beating either Holland or Portugal and losing to Brazil in the semi's also, although we dont look that good now, I think we will limp through!

Smashing
06-21-2006, 07:18 AM
Germany are lucky they aint playing England, even though England are playing badly they are getting results.I bet the Germans are glad they are facing Sweden instead. Im glad England aint facing Germany aswell cause it spoils the Tournament when the host nation gets knocked out. Joe Cole will run rings around Germany and when Rooney gets into gear watch out.

MickyHatton
06-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Germany are lucky they aint playing England, even though England are playing badly they are getting results.I bet the Germans are glad they are facing Sweden instead. Im glad England aint facing Germany aswell cause it spoils the Tournament when the host nation gets knocked out. Joe Cole will run rings around Germany and when Rooney gets into gear watch out.

I agree, I still stand by my statement that Gerrard should be playing in the attacking midfield role, we waste him by playing him in the holding role.
Lampard is playing OK but for some reason he cant hit a barn door at the minute!
Thing is come the Ecquador game Sven will play Gerrard in the holding role and play Lampard in the attcking role even though Gerrard is our top scorer at the minute, doesn't make sense!

TheHoff!
06-21-2006, 08:46 AM
I agree, I still stand by my statement that Gerrard should be playing in the attacking midfield role, we waste him by playing him in the holding role.
Lampard is playing OK but for some reason he cant hit a barn door at the minute!
Thing is come the Ecquador game Sven will play Gerrard in the holding role and play Lampard in the attcking role even though Gerrard is our top scorer at the minute, doesn't make sense!
Sven doesnt really play Gerrard in the holding role though. He plays Lampard and Gerrard in a flat midfield and expects them to sort out defensive duties between them, which means when Lampard attacks Gerrard stays back to cover and vice versa. However I think that this limits both of them as they have to worry about what the other one is doing and dont have the freedom they enjoy at their clubs... and means that Gerrard is left to the defensive duties more often than Lampard as Gerrard is more of an all around player whereas Lampard has Makelele covering for him at Chelsea and doesnt usually have to concern himself with geting back and covering for other players and is not used to it.

I would drop Lampard to the bench and give Gerrard his freedom by playing Hargreaves in the holding role (as Hargreaves played really well in that position in the first half of the sweden game). Lampard is a class player when he's on form but Gerrard is just that step above him and on his day can dominate the midfield in a way which Lampard cant. I would also play Lennon on the right and put Beckham in behind him at right back where he can still threaten from free kicks and corners and overlap to get his crosses in. However i doubt Sven will do this, most likely he'll go back to Lampard and Gerard in the middle again or maybe put five in the midfield.

MickyHatton
06-21-2006, 09:09 AM
Sven doesnt really play Gerrard in the holding role though. He plays Lampard and Gerrard in a flat midfield and expects them to sort out defensive duties between them, which means when Lampard attacks Gerrard stays back to cover and vice versa. However I think that this limits both of them as they have to worry about what the other one is doing and dont have the freedom they enjoy at their clubs... and means that Gerrard is left to the defensive duties more often than Lampard as Gerrard is more of an all around player whereas Lampard has Makelele covering for him at Chelsea and doesnt usually have to concern himself with geting back and covering for other players and is not used to it.

I would drop Lampard to the bench and give Gerrard his freedom by playing Hargreaves in the holding role (as Hargreaves played really well in that position in the first half of the sweden game). Lampard is a class player when he's on form but Gerrard is just that step above him and on his day can dominate the midfield in a way which Lampard cant. I would also play Lennon on the right and put Beckham in behind him at right back where he can still threaten from free kicks and corners and overlap to get his crosses in. However i doubt Sven will do this, most likely he'll go back to Lampard and Gerard in the middle again or maybe put five in the midfield.

Yep agree all round, no Gerrard doesn't play in the holding role like say Hargreaves but I am certain that Sven has emphasised the importance of Gerrard in that position ahead of Lampard, so what happens is Lampard spends the majority of the game forward so Gerrard must hold.
I think Beckham in a right back position would be a great idea, I fail to see what he offers in the right wing mold these days as he doesn't seem to cross as often as he did (Man U days), so for him to play right back and overlap Lennon would be a great idea, he could continue the dead ball plays then also, Carragher is fantatic defensively but cant offer much going forward so....

As you say it will be same old same old, although it looks as if Owen is out so will he play say Gerrard with Rooney etc?

Crumble
06-21-2006, 09:52 AM
I'm a Chelsea fan, but I really wouldn't be gutted if Lamps was dropped. He hasn't played this badly since he joined us as fat frank from West Ham. To be fair he isn't the only one Carragher is no full back and his distribution as near on appalling, Beckham drifted around the pitch too much and was ineffective.
Even JT lookd shaky and he is the best centre half in the world. Ah never mind.. Joe Cole is god.

TheHoff!
06-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Yep agree all round, no Gerrard doesn't play in the holding role like say Hargreaves but I am certain that Sven has emphasised the importance of Gerrard in that position ahead of Lampard, so what happens is Lampard spends the majority of the game forward so Gerrard must hold.
I think Beckham in a right back position would be a great idea, I fail to see what he offers in the right wing mold these days as he doesn't seem to cross as often as he did (Man U days), so for him to play right back and overlap Lennon would be a great idea, he could continue the dead ball plays then also, Carragher is fantatic defensively but cant offer much going forward so....

As you say it will be same old same old, although it looks as if Owen is out so will he play say Gerrard with Rooney etc?
Yeah Carragher's great defensively but going forward hes got nothing...and also, Beckhams fitness is second to none so he could bomb forward from right back and still get back to cover, kind of like Cafu in his prime used to do for Brazil...and its hard to cover the overlapping runs of fullbacks so Beckham could get in behind and get crosses in which hes not doing at the moment. Plus Lennon looked great when he came on against T&T and has apparently really impressed everyone in training.

I think if Sven sticks with 4-4-2 then it's Crouch and Rooney but if he goes to five in the midfield then probably Gerrard (or maybe Joe Cole) will be briefed to get forward and support Rooney. But playing Rooney up front on his own would mean he'd have to get through a lot of running leading the line on his own, which he's probably not up to just yet. I do think though that Owen getting injured is not such a bad thing as Owen is nowhere near his best and not really a great loss.

I would of liked to have seen Walcott get on just to see how he does but the further we progress the more of a gamble it is to play him, and if Sven is not gonna give him a go then I really dont see why he picked him for the squad. Especially now that Owens injured again it makes his decision to leave out Defoe look a bit stupid.

Crumble
06-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Ballack is getting in form. Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Mertesacker are all world class material.

I'll give you Ballack and Lahm and maybe Shweinstiger.......but that Mertesacker is awful!

TheHoff!
06-21-2006, 10:41 AM
I'll give you Ballack and Lahm and maybe Shweinstiger.......but that Mertesacker is awful!
Shweinstiger was useless against poland though...

The Noose
06-22-2006, 12:05 PM
So long USA, excellent equaliser. Unlucky not to score a second.

MickyHatton
06-22-2006, 12:32 PM
So long USA, excellent equaliser. Unlucky not to score a second.

USA were Fifa ranked 5th in the world before the world cup???

To be fair they are not a bad side but they are certainly not a top 10 side!

Czechs out too, Italy don't look that good either?

JunglistSoldja
06-22-2006, 12:35 PM
I wish death upon the FIFA rankings system

Crumble
06-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Mexico are 4th lol. Those countries play more games thats why.

JunglistSoldja
06-22-2006, 02:46 PM
should be more like this

Brazil
Argentina
Germany
Spain
England
Portugal
Neatherlands
Italy
France
Sweden

TheHoff!
06-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Brazil were a lot better today. Even the fat boy scored a couple and equalled gerd mullers record.

And our own Graham Poll did us proud today. Aint many refs can book the same player 3 times... Get in there Graham my son!!!

Crumble
06-22-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm glad Poll ****ed up, we all knew our ref's were ****ing retards. Poll is the worst, dude is continually ****ing Chelsea. His assist for Henry's free kick against us was serious.

TheHoff!
06-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Yeah Poll is ****. I loved it when Poll booked that one Croatia player and the player kind of ran at him a bit like he was gonna smack him or something and Poll just ****ing ran off lol.

Crumble
06-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Poll is a *****, the dude supports QPR he shouldn't be allowed to ref Chelsea games anyway. Also he talks too much, you always notice him.

MickyHatton
06-23-2006, 06:37 AM
I'm glad Poll ****ed up, we all knew our ref's were ****ing retards. Poll is the worst, dude is continually ****ing Chelsea. His assist for Henry's free kick against us was serious.

Yeah that was poor to be fair, I think that will be the last world cup game Poll ever referees!

OptimusWolf
06-23-2006, 06:58 AM
Poll is a solid ref usually - good with the players in the premiership, but I preferred Durkin when he was around.

England fans just cream over Collina because he was ref in some good results for us and our teams. He was also a very good ref, but our refs aren't that bad.

Did my predictor again and Italy make the semi finals....how has this situation arisen, they are p*ss poor! If they would have finished second yesterday then our half of the draw would have had all the good teams minus Argentina and Germany, one of which could stroll through to the final aka Germany in 2002.

The Noose
06-23-2006, 11:58 AM
TRIBUTE TO OUR POLL.

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/06/23/grahampoll_wideweb__470x326,0.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40719000/jpg/_40719673_poll270.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/football/galleries/2004-05/epl20050206/images/07.jpg

The Noose
06-23-2006, 12:00 PM
http://www.aylesburyfootball.co.uk/PollDancer.jpg

MickyHatton
06-25-2006, 04:05 AM
Argentina v Mexico, best game so far for me, awesome second goal by the Argies, I think on their tournament performances so far they deserved the victory, respect to Mexico though!

Boxclever
06-26-2006, 06:20 AM
heh heh were still there :)

OptimusWolf
06-26-2006, 08:36 AM
yep i was actually quite encouraged by yesterday's game. I thought we could have been a bit more creative in the first half, but with the exception of the John Terry mistake we were solid throughout (albeit against a poor Ecuador side).

I also liked the system and personnel. If Rio and Ashley can actually use Carrick more and not play the long balls quite as often we'll have a lot more of the ball and make space for Rooney, Gerrard and Joe Cole.

My main concern is Lampard. I don't think he should be dropped, but his form so far has been v poor. Forget his poor shooting, his all round play has been substandard. I can see him getting dropped next year for club at least if not country.

Are there any on here that follow the misguided "Chelsea boy" notion that Lampard and Terry are two of the best players in the world? Living in SW london i get it all the time. Fact is, Rio and Gerrard are far superior players!

TheHoff!
06-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Nah I think they should drop Lampard. Put beckham at right back, lennon at right midfield, hargreaves or carrick in the holding role to give gerrard his freedom and go back to 4-4-2 with crouch and rooney up front.

JunglistSoldja
06-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Beckham at right back :confused:

Lampard needs to seriously fix up.

Beckham too.

I think Arron Lennon is the perfect sub and looks good only because he comes on with 10 minutes to go and runs everyone ragged because they're nakered.

Boxclever
06-27-2006, 05:31 AM
Portugal next..........payback time :D

OptimusWolf
06-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Yep I'll take England on this one; I have a tasty bet with my hapless Spanish work colleague who has somewhat of a Southern European bias in his footballing predictions.

Grimey, can't agree with your changes. Lampard has been awful, but theres no replacement for him, and dare I say it, but I like the 4-5-1 against the top teams with Hargreaves to cover for Gerrard and Cole to really support Rooney.

Bringing Crouch on and switching to 4-4-2 should be the plan B if we're losing though, and Lennon is an ideal impact sub, if only he could cross or pass we'd be quids in!

France v Spain, anybody predicting. I couldn't call this one, Henry could lift France or Spain could dominate with a better all round team.

Smashing
06-29-2006, 07:02 AM
i heard neville might be coming back..please sven leave the defense as it is mon

MickyHatton
06-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Not sure why he would think of changing the defense again now, Hargreaves looked good last game and to replace him with a semi fit Gary Neville would be another strange decision made by Sven.

Beckham and Lampard have not performed so far that's true but they are big game players so to drop them now would be stupid.

Looking at this tournament I would say that Ballack v Lampard is a worry for Frank, they will be competing for a similar slot at Chelsea and I was certain prior to the WC that Lampard had the position nailed down, now I am not!

At the highest level so far he has looked average, OK his main rival in the England side Gerrard has not been outstanding but he has been one of England's better players and chipped in with a couple of goals.

I like Lampard and still think he has what it takes but is he as good as we thought? Or does the Chelsea side around him make him look better, after all he didn't look a world beater at West Ham (good player no more) so......

Hope I am wrong for Englands sake!

Crumble
06-29-2006, 11:00 AM
I like Lampard and still think he has what it takes but is he as good as we thought? Or does the Chelsea side around him make him look better, after all he didn't look a world beater at West Ham (good player no more) so......

he was our top scorer in qualifiers...Lamps is a class player out of form. An average player looks average no matter what side he is in....like Scott Parker,Tiago...SWP etc

Crumble
06-29-2006, 02:43 PM
also John Terry is the best centre half in the world no doubt. Although that was a momentous **** up against Ecuador.

MickyHatton
06-30-2006, 03:56 AM
also John Terry is the best centre half in the world no doubt. Although that was a momentous **** up against Ecuador.

Agreed but again I think so far he has been out shone by Ferdinand (which I didn't think was possible but...)

MickyHatton
06-30-2006, 03:59 AM
he was our top scorer in qualifiers...Lamps is a class player out of form. An average player looks average no matter what side he is in....like Scott Parker,Tiago...SWP etc

Dont get me wrong I dont think Lampard is average at all, what I was suggesting was should he be considered or compared with the best in the world? On this form obviously not, but saying that Ronaldinho hasn't exactly lit up the tournament either so far!

The Noose
07-01-2006, 03:09 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41836000/jpg/_41836170_england416.jpg

The Raging Bull
07-01-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm so dissapointed. It's always something like this that stops us from greatness. In 2002 there was a flukey goal. 2004 campbell had a perfectly good goal ruled out. Today roooney is sent off for a reason that no-one knows.
Why always england? :(

The Noose
07-01-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm so dissapointed. It's always something like this that stops us from greatness. In 2002 there was a flukey goal. 2004 campbell had a perfectly good goal ruled out. Today roooney is sent off for a reason that no-one knows.
Why always england? :(

lol, i think it had somthing to do with him stamping on a guys nuts and pushing the bastard Ronaldo.

But he didnt really deserve to go.

The weird thing is, Englands real achievement was going out fighting.
No other team has come close to the spirit the England shows wen their backs are against the wall.

JunglistSoldja
07-01-2006, 11:09 PM
I don't want to talk about it. Just shut up.

Smokin'
07-01-2006, 11:19 PM
i sure was wrong about picking england not to get out of the quarters.

i sure was wrong about saying england isn't as good technically as the world's elites.

JunglistSoldja
07-02-2006, 02:54 AM
We got our best player sent off and held our ground for more than 60 minutes, more than half the match. I'm proud of my boys.

Now STFU

Smokin'
07-02-2006, 03:03 AM
And who's fault is that idiot?

JunglistSoldja
07-02-2006, 03:25 AM
Your mums fault. I bet she wishes she was raped by someone else. You're her favourite mistake :p

Smokin'
07-02-2006, 03:30 AM
England = owned.

JunglistSoldja
07-02-2006, 03:34 AM
Listen you're just jealous because I got trials for FC Koln whilst you got nothing.....

Smashing
07-02-2006, 05:20 AM
that Christian Ronaldo is a ****ing little witch weasel wanker ..sorry for my language but he is a cunt..did you see him give a wink as Rooney was sent off and headbutt Rooney in the back of the head, when Rooney wasnt even looking, what a dirty little greasy ****.

The Noose
07-02-2006, 09:16 AM
that Christian Ronaldo is a ****ing little witch weasel wanker ..sorry for my language but he is a cunt..did you see him give a wink as Rooney was sent off and headbutt Rooney in the back of the head, when Rooney wasnt even looking, what a dirty little greasy ****.

Bad sportsmanship.
Are there any Man Utd fans here?

Just wondering how they feel about him now.

As an Arsenal fan i have to say that i lost all respect in Henry and his "Ive been shot in the face" act. Then he lied and explained that wen he was elbowed on his sholder its a natural reactin to grab ur face??????? :rolleyes:

Just another ****in cheat.
Makes me lose interst in footaball wen this type of **** happens all the time.

MickyHatton
07-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Bad sportsmanship.
Are there any Man Utd fans here?

Just wondering how they feel about him now.

As an Arsenal fan i have to say that i lost all respect in Henry and his "Ive been shot in the face" act. Then he lied and explained that wen he was elbowed on his sholder its a natural reactin to grab ur face??????? :rolleyes:

Just another ****in cheat.
Makes me lose interst in footaball wen this type of **** happens all the time.

No but I would like to be a fly on the dressing room when they get back together!
Ronaldo is in for a torrid time this season at every ground the wanker!
Anyway England never really got going in this tournament but still managed a quarter final spot, obviously I am gutted especially as I would have fancied us against the France but.....they think its all over it is now!

The Noose
07-11-2006, 01:43 PM
No one has commented since England went out.

Football fans my arse!

Boxclever
07-12-2006, 02:41 PM
No one has commented since England went out.

Football fans my arse!

it's too painfull :( and yes i'm a Man Utd fan too as far as Ronaldo goes i hope we sell the little rat :mad: