02-11-2005, 09:16 AM
STATS
RECORD: 2-0-0
HEIGHT: 5'6
REACH: 65" CLOSED FIST
Weight: 114

FIGHT SCHEDULE
March 26th

Will be fighting in the mov amateur circuit tournament, Will have the opportunity to fight twice provided I win my first fight on that day.

WORKOUT
Monday
Incline hill sprints-4

MEDICINE BALL WARMUP
Shoulder/Core Prep
Hold a 10-lb ball with both hands, arms extended in front of you, and move it in 10 large clockwise circles. Then move it in 10 counterclockwise circles. Raise the ball above your head and repeat.
Medicine Ball Squat
Hold the ball behind your head with both hands and squat. Two sets of 20
Medicine Ball Calf Raise
Hold the ball behind your head and go up on tiptoe. Two sets of 20
50 medicine ball throws each arm

Rubber Ball Hand-Speed Drill
Stand in the middle of a large, open room. Bounce a small superball on the floor and catch it on the first bounce. Repeat, but bounce it a little farther away or a little softer, so you have to move even quicker to catch it. Keep varying bounces. Five minutes

3x3 minute rounds heavy bag/jump rope/Shadow Box

1 minute cool down speed bag

50 medicine ball throws-each arm
Abdominal exercises
Calisthenics

Tuesday
3 mile run
MEDICINE BALL WARMUP
Shoulder/Core Prep
Hold a 10-lb ball with both hands, arms extended in front of you, and move it in 10 large clockwise circles. Then move it in 10 counterclockwise circles. Raise the ball above your head and repeat.
Medicine Ball Squat
Medicine Ball Calf Raise

Stand in the middle of a large, open room. Bounce a small superball on the floor and catch it on the first bounce. Repeat, but bounce it a little farther away or a little softer, so you have to move even quicker to catch it. Keep varying bounces. Five minutes

3x3 minute rounds shadowbox/jump rope/heavy bag

Abdominal exercises
Calisthenics

Wednesday
Incline hill sprints
MEDICINE BALL WARMUP
Shoulder/Core Prep
Medicine Ball Squat
Medicine Ball Calf Raise

3x3 minute rounds heavy bag/jump rope/Shadow Box

Abdominal exercises
Calisthenics

Thursday
3 mile run
MEDICINE BALL WARMUP
Shoulder/Core Prep
Medicine Ball Squat
Medicine Ball Calf Raise

3x3 minute rounds shadowbox/jump rope/Heavy Bag

Abdominal exercises
Calisthenics

Friday
Incline hill sprints
MEDICINE BALL WARMUP
Shoulder/Core Prep
Medicine Ball Squat
Medicine Ball Calf Raise

3x3 minute rounds heavy bag/jump rope/shadowbox

Abdominal exercises
Calisthenics

Saturday
3 mile run
MEDICINE BALL WARMUP
Shoulder/Core Prep
Medicine Ball Squat
Medicine Ball Calf Raise

3x3 minute rounds shadowbox/jump rope/heavy bag

Abdominal exercises
Calisthenics

Sunday
3-6 mile run

Sparring is done daily in the evening, I usually get an average of 3-6 rounds of heavy sparring in.

That is my workout plan, I feel it is effective for an amateur as it keeps the intensity high. When I actually had gotten a trainer I showed him my routine and he said it was legitmate and we could work with it. Some of it is taken from Andre Wards workout, which I thought was phenomenol and he was above a lot in the amateurs.

leff
02-11-2005, 02:30 PM
I just got done gettin my weight down too 180, im fighting tomorrov, i knocked an older and more experienced fighter to the ribbs on wednesday so i feel real confident.

Tha Greatest
02-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Spinx Jinx- your routine is good n lots of intensity, but u shouldnt train 7 days a week, and you can't sparr every day, that's the worse thing to do.

spinksjinx
02-12-2005, 07:44 AM
Spinx Jinx- your routine is good n lots of intensity, but u shouldnt train 7 days a week, and you can't sparr every day, that's the worse thing to do.

I spar M/W/F/S

Training 7 days a week keeps me focused and disciplined, I have no problems in my training and I never feel fatigued at all. Sundays is a light jog anyways to get the blood pumping.

Mick Hucknall
02-12-2005, 12:24 PM
yeh u sure you wont burn out man.

Tha Greatest
02-12-2005, 02:10 PM
if you read Ross's books, he says u should sparr no more then 3 times a week if u have a fight comin up, and sometimes u should take it to once a week..

BTW spinks, u go to a gym? or you train at home?

Tha Greatest
02-12-2005, 02:14 PM
you should also try n add in some weights 1-2 tiems a week and definately some plyometrics for some POWER and Speed, but spinx, U seem to be real determined, and thats great. I'll post my work out later.

m00ks
02-12-2005, 03:37 PM
ohhh man I'm jealous.

ShotgunSeanK
02-12-2005, 03:55 PM
If 7 days a week works for Spinx, fair enough. Personally I cant train at high intesity 7 days a week, I'm just too fatigued.

joeboxer
02-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Roy Jones went 7 days a week when he was really good.

But on the other side Ibeabuchi didn't spar at all the last couple years of his carrear.

spinksjinx
02-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Greatest and everybody else, If you want workout logs make a sticky thread.

Greatest-I have looked at some of Ross's content, but each person and body is different. My stamina level is so high, I can go for ages or at a fast paced and I like to get as much sparring in as I can. Best thing for me is to get in their and do it.

As leff posted about his intense workout and people thrashed him, each body is different and responds differently to different types of training.

I dont need no weights, I have tried them and are garbage to my body, I am straight calisthenics and am doing constant swimming now working mucles I never knew I had.

I go to a gym.

Tha Greatest
02-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Greatest and everybody else, If you want workout logs make a sticky thread.

Greatest-I have looked at some of Ross's content, but each person and body is different. My stamina level is so high, I can go for ages or at a fast paced and I like to get as much sparring in as I can. Best thing for me is to get in their and do it.

As leff posted about his intense workout and people thrashed him, each body is different and responds differently to different types of training.

I dont need no weights, I have tried them and are garbage to my body, I am straight calisthenics and am doing constant swimming now working mucles I never knew I had.

I go to a gym.

ok ok sounds good man

good luck on ur next fight bro

jack_the_rippuh
02-12-2005, 09:54 PM

But on the other side Ibeabuchi didn't spar at all the last couple years of his carrear.

He sparred those demons he had in his head..

spinksjinx
02-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Been a while since I updated this, Last saturday I had a fight...I ended up weighing in at 114, carrying the record of 1-0-0. My opponent weighed in at the same weight. We matched up pretty well height/reach and so forth.

I felt great and pumped up, I had one thing on my mind and that was destruction. I was really excited and felt like a bull on my way out to the ring, I invited family this time because I had no jitters and felt great about the fight going into it, I had trained hard and was really refreshed...Really cant explain how great I felt going in.

Well anyways I was second in going to the ring and I walked with a purpose and my opponent was in the ring trying not to look at me, he looks over and I am stepping up onto the steps and he rolls his eyes and turns his face away....I stay locked in while the ref was explaining the rules and he still continued to look away...I felt he was scared and didnt know what to expect. This kid carried a record of 2-3-0 by the way and was coming off a loss so his confidence surely wasnt their.

1st round-I dont even want to take a feel out round, I come straight forward with my body crouched a bit and my head down with my arms blocking my midsection and my gloves a little bit above my nose and head straight for his body, As I come forward he throws a hook and it grazes my head gear and I throw a strong combination to the body and push (illegal I know) him against the ropes and I push my left glove into his face and throw a hook to the body. The ref tells me to get off, I back off let him get off and he stays away and throws a few jabs to keep me away, he landed probably about 2 of the 5 not really sure. So I back off and make him come forward and throw my jabs at him. END OF ROUND

2ND Round-I do a little footwork and hoping to do some counter punching, he comes forward and is really looping his punches and putting nothing behind them, I bob and follow through with an uppercut that hits his chest and he throws a straight that got me right in the nose, pretty hard hit. I gave him a bit of a shove (once again illegal) and he backs up and I just come straight forward and throw a hard combination to his body and follow through with a hook to the head. It hits his headgear not really his head but the bodyshots hit flush. He steps back and begins to jab and gets me with one jab and he held his glove their against my face and covered my eyes and he threw an uppercut that dug into my stomach, I gasped for breath and then the bell rang end of round 2

Round 3-Im still a bit frustrated he got me with that one good body shot, so I come out flaring and I run straight towards him, pretty much throwing everything in my arsenal. He throws a straight and throws one of his looping hook, I duck and shove him a bit against the ropes once again he raised his hands as if he was slipping and I threw about an 5 punch combination (straight-straight-hook-straight-uppercut)into his stomach..He left his midsection wide open by raising his hands and I took advantage and after the uppercut, I backed up and he fell forward and fell down...The ref counted and he got up around 5 and he looked dazed and fuzzy and the ref stopped the fight.

Got my first KO in my 2nd fight. I kind of threw all the rules out of the book and should have focused more but I was pumped up and ready to go and really wanted to make a point...I get to fight twice next month in a tournament now and I was excited about an opportunity like that.

I felt great and other than I shouldnt have been doing the pushing and shoving, I was satisfied especially with the fact I was able to land combinations like that and put power behind them...I think the new training techniques I have been doing has helped that.

Thats really about it other than I have went back up to 119 in a weeks span...

I am progressing slowly and hoping to succeed in the fashion that I am, I feel great and feel unstoppable but trying to keep my ego in check at the same time.

spinksjinx
02-18-2005, 09:30 AM
Had gotten informed that my trainer is going to start training the local toughman champion.

Totally against it, the guy is only wanting to compete in the Toughman Contest.....

I plan on calling this guy out in the gym for sparring and show him what its like to box a real boxer.

Seen his tapes and he is nothing but a slugger who gasses out on 1 minute rounds....

Seems ignorant on my part, but I totally disrespect people like that...I think its retarded on my trainers part, but not my decision.

Just venting but boy do I hate Toughman Fighters.

Im in the process of detoxing my body and still doing light training for a few weeks, the normal road work and a bit of bag work...Cant be intense due to energy levels low.

Will be back working hard probably in the beginning of March preparing for the tournament.

Ran 6 miles in 50 minutes, thats under 10 minutes a mile infact thats about 8 minutes and 30 seconds a mile. Pretty good kept the pace pretty high and wasnt fatigued....

Starving though.

leff
02-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Congrat with ko victory, the body is very underated.

I knocked a 6.3 guy during sparring last week to the ribbs.

You should run shorter and faster.

6 miles in 50 aint realy that good.

In run my course(6miles) at 42 and im 180 pounds.

spinksjinx
02-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Congrat with ko victory, the body is very underated.

I knocked a 6.3 guy during sparring last week to the ribbs.

You should run shorter and faster.

6 miles in 50 aint realy that good.

In run my course(6miles) at 42 and im 180 pounds.

The body is where it's at, I hardly focus on punching to the head, My punches normally dont get raised. I tend to keep them about shoulder level to keep my defense still tight...So thats where all my work goes usually.

Ohh I am taking it light right now, I normally do uphill sprints that is listed in my training log on the first post and about a 2-2.5 mile run which takes about 15-18 minutes.

Also I map out all of the areas, I run before hand and I do a lot of uphill running and jogging up about 4 or 5 half mile inclines will slow you down a bit. :)

m00ks
02-18-2005, 02:04 PM
whaaat congrats jinx. Seems like just yesterday i was reading a post or yers that you we're starting training. Good to hear you're living it.

Kid Achilles
02-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Jinx, what do you have against people who just want to do toughman? I think it's obvious that you'd school this guy but what would it prove? You seem like a hard working kid who has some character and it dissapoints me that you'd want to kick the crap out of this guy just for the sake of taking his confidence. Let him do his toughman stuff if he's happy with it, and you stay with boxing. He's certainly not doing you any harm. Now if he starts to call you out, that's a whole different story...

spinksjinx
02-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Jinx, what do you have against people who just want to do toughman? I think it's obvious that you'd school this guy but what would it prove? You seem like a hard working kid who has some character and it dissapoints me that you'd want to kick the crap out of this guy just for the sake of taking his confidence. Let him do his toughman stuff if he's happy with it, and you stay with boxing. He's certainly not doing you any harm. Now if he starts to call you out, that's a whole different story...

It's frustrating that everyone at my gym thinks it is some big accomplishment that is better than boxing itself. It also irritates me that Toughman results are consistantly reported in my local newspaper yet we cant get a mention of Hopkins vs De la hoya????

It wouldnt prove anything really, but it surely would open his eyes on what boxing is about...The guy actually considers himself a real boxer...

I hate my local boxing community as a whole.

Kid Achilles
02-21-2005, 09:34 PM
I had no idea they took Toughman that seriously anywhere. Pretty lame. I am begining to see why it'd start to get to you. If need be, give the guy a lesson but don't go crazy on him. How big is he by the way?

Tha Greatest
02-22-2005, 09:52 AM
I had no idea they took Toughman that seriously anywhere. Pretty lame. I am begining to see why it'd start to get to you. If need be, give the guy a lesson but don't go crazy on him. How big is he by the way?

what are the rules of the toughman>

Kid Achilles
02-22-2005, 04:14 PM
From what I know it's standard boxing rules concerning where you can hit and what you can strike with (no elbows, kicks, headbutts etc.). The rounds are only two minutes long and there are always three of them. Based on what I've seen, the refs are a lot more lenient in terms of clinching, pushing, and overall roughousing.

The most distinguishing factor is a low level of skill. You can't have any pro fights, and for whatever reason I've never even seen a good amateur boxer go in there and clean house.

spinksjinx
02-22-2005, 04:23 PM
I think rules vary by state, but here are my local rules

the very popular toughman contest is a single elimination boxing tournament, that is open to area men and women, age 18 and older, with no previous professional boxing experience, and have limited amateur experience. All bouts are scheduled for three, one minute rounds, with all fighters using 16 ounce gloves, protective headgear and a mouth piece. All applicants MUST be in good physical condition.

The Men's Weight Divisions Are:
Light Heavyweight- 160-184 lbs
Heavyweight- 185-400 lbs

The Women's Weight Divisions Are:
Lightweight-155 lbs and under
Heavyweight-156 lbs and up

The guy is 165-170, I box guys that size in sparring.

Dont get me wrong, I dont plan on going in and beating the hell out of the guy or anything like that...Im only 118 pounds, I just want to give him a boxing lesson and show him boxing is different than brawling.

jack_the_rippuh
02-22-2005, 04:40 PM
"Everybody's got plans...until they get hit."

Tha Greatest
02-22-2005, 05:00 PM
i mean how does the toughman work
how do they score it

I dont have a prob with toughman champions that keep to themselves but the ones that act like they're big shots then ya **** them

spinksjinx
02-26-2005, 10:18 PM
i mean how does the toughman work
how do they score it

I dont have a prob with toughman champions that keep to themselves but the ones that act like they're big shots then ya **** them

Regular 10 point scoring system.

Tha Greatest
02-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Regular 10 point scoring system.

i know that
but do they score on power punches?combinations?# of punches?
ring generalship?

spinksjinx
02-27-2005, 09:31 PM
i know that
but do they score on power punches?combinations?# of punches?
ring generalship?

Mainly power punches and who is the aggressor. Most of them are not even boxing but just a slug fest of two out shape bafoons beating each other for 180 seconds.

leff
02-28-2005, 02:56 PM
That sounds fun

Tha Greatest
02-28-2005, 11:09 PM
That sounds fun

ya it does
i would like for a REALLY skilled amateur to go in it
and just make a fool out of those guys lol

Rockin'
03-07-2005, 07:51 AM
I agree that 7 days a week is to much. Your body needs time to rest and rebuild those muscles even bigger and stronger. As far as sparring, I sparred every day that I was at the gym, 5 and 6 times a week. What fun is it to go to the gym and not swap some blows. When a fight gets close you intensify the sparring and work hard. Then 2 days before the fight have a light sparring session and then the day before the fight just work the floor, no sparring needed. Working 7 days a week your body will not show signs of growth, your endurance probably will not either. take that 7th day and just relax. Instead of running just go for a nice walk. Your body needs time. During the week you are tearing your muscles down, give them a chance to rebuild and your growth will be better. Just my opinion.........Rockin'

Rockin'
03-07-2005, 08:04 AM
The old tough man competitions exist no more, assuming that we are speaking of the ones that art door promotes. Last year I reffed and judged what Door now calls "The Tough Gloves." Still the same guys off of the street swinging away but now its more regulated. For insurance purposes, because of some fatal injuries during the tough man competitions, Door joined the u.s.a/a.b.f because it insured each fighter incase of injury for a minimal fee. Each fighter is issued a usa/abf pass book that records all bouts and mediacl examinations. Door could no longer afford the insurance rates alone so for financial purposes he joined with us. Now the competitors box in the same weight classes as the amatuers do, no bout being contested with more than a 10lb weight difference. The show went off good with some good lil scraps. Honestly, its a different type of scene. No skill and all balls out. Its actually alot of fun. I must say though that some of the fighters do posses good skills.....Rockin'

random guy
03-29-2005, 06:16 PM
ny workout

3x2mins shadow boxing
3x2 sparring
6-8x2min heavybag
3x2 mitts
20 min rope
15 min speed bag
5x100 ab work (7 diffent ab workouts)
3-6 mile run
3x2 double end bag

we change the workout every other day so monday/wed/friday is intensity and tues-thurs-sat is endurance which means more rounds

spinksjinx
03-29-2005, 08:26 PM
The old tough man competitions exist no more, assuming that we are speaking of the ones that art door promotes. Last year I reffed and judged what Door now calls "The Tough Gloves." Still the same guys off of the street swinging away but now its more regulated. For insurance purposes, because of some fatal injuries during the tough man competitions, Door joined the u.s.a/a.b.f because it insured each fighter incase of injury for a minimal fee. Each fighter is issued a usa/abf pass book that records all bouts and mediacl examinations. Door could no longer afford the insurance rates alone so for financial purposes he joined with us. Now the competitors box in the same weight classes as the amatuers do, no bout being contested with more than a 10lb weight difference. The show went off good with some good lil scraps. Honestly, its a different type of scene. No skill and all balls out. Its actually alot of fun. I must say though that some of the fighters do posses good skills.....Rockin'

The toughman I speak of is still being ran and has been the same for the past 20 years in this town. 16oz gloves and headgear and a signature stating they are not liable for any injuries. This year for christ sakes a guy boxed in jeans and no protector.

leff
03-30-2005, 04:18 AM
if there is no too spar ore hold pads ill do this.

5 2min shadowbox
5 2min skipping
5 2min speedball
15 2min heavybag

all with 1 minut break between.

then there is 3set on 5 differnt exercises for back and abs.30-50reps

pushupps, dipps, chins and militarypress.

zip
03-30-2005, 05:35 AM
you got too little muscle work out. Stamina is good but you need to do damage too. Add in 15 min of stomache work (diffrent sit-ups) and 15 min of body work (push-ups and stuff) when you get back from running.
I can show you some diffrent excersizes if you wanna.
My record isnt as as perfect as yours tho.. 1-1-0 :( so you decide if u wanna trust me or not.

jimbay
04-01-2005, 10:21 PM
I don't want to piss anybody off

but I think ufc would freakin rock your world

boxing is awesome and everything but those guys train for ever and know so much about fighting.

if anybody knows Randy Couture then they know what I'm talkin about.

spinksjinx
04-01-2005, 10:28 PM
I don't want to piss anybody off

but I think ufc would freakin rock your world

boxing is awesome and everything but those guys train for ever and know so much about fighting.

if anybody knows Randy Couture then they know what I'm talkin about.

UFC fighters are allowed to grab and grapple and take down the ground. It is a whole other sport, that is like saying Football players would demolish boxers.

It is a different ballgame, they are trained to abuse the whole body including the waist down...Unlike boxers...Totally different.

Belfort has some decent boxing skills though.

Ohh yeah, welcome to boxingscene.

random guy
04-01-2005, 10:43 PM
yeah those ufc guys are crazy. ufc is like street fighting, boxing actually has rules.thank god

spinksjinx
04-01-2005, 10:54 PM
yeah those ufc guys are crazy. ufc is like street fighting, boxing actually has rules.thank god

UFC takes skills no doubt about it, they have rules just not like boxing though. I was really wanting to get into UFC/MMA but I saw my first fight and a guy just sat on a guy and punched him like a ***** until he gave up. It was boring and I dont like the whole idea of using the legs...I just cant get into it. Boxing is my sport.

random guy
04-03-2005, 08:38 PM
yeah ufc takes alot of skil its like boxing mixed with like 10 other combat sports

Konstantin
04-04-2005, 11:42 PM
I was watching the UFC reality show some time ago and I saw a fight in the semi finals with the red haird dude that was supposedly some KO monster but it looked like his punches were slow and he wasnt moving his head.

It seemed to me a good boxer could have easily taken him out...

random guy
04-05-2005, 05:31 AM
yeah that might work until he throws you to the ground and punches you in the face 50 times

Konstantin
04-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Leben or what ever his name was a puncher not a grappler.

Cortez
04-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Queensbury rules are the most famed of all, boxing has class and skill , men rolling around on the ground with their waists around each other is not appealing.

Also it is very brutal and not nice to watch, of course a boxing match can be as vicious but at least people stand up.

IMO MMA is like wrestling and sreeetfighting and as u can tell I would never watch it.

my 2 cents

Tha Greatest
04-14-2005, 01:00 AM
Boxing is #1
that's all i know

tysonortiz
04-15-2005, 02:16 PM
thos guys on the ultimate fighter are not good examples of mma fighters.

Rampage*
04-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Holy ****, 114 at age 20!? I'm 110 and i'm 13 lol. Man, thats hardcore training, you sure are dedicated.

msocearnaigh
05-23-2005, 11:47 AM
I dont want to sound disrespectful to anyone out there but to me the majority of fights Ive seen on UFC have been boring.once it gets into the grappling it seems like a waiting game,waiting to feel each other out and make a move at the appropriate time,but to me(maybe im ignorant)its like watching paint dry.Id much rather watch a boxing/kick boxing match.ah well,each to his/her own.

zip
05-23-2005, 03:54 PM
^i agree sucks ass looking at it. It's like watching a ruiz fight

as214
05-23-2005, 05:52 PM

I saw an interview with Roy. He said that his father was strict and used to make him train hard 7 days a week.. It turned him off so much that when he broke from his father he trained 6 days a week. 7 days a week is a bit much you need to recover!!

Hunna
05-23-2005, 06:52 PM
yeh! interesting.... no wonder why hes so ripped

Rampage*
05-24-2005, 02:26 PM
Can you name foods for a full week of eating? Day 1, Day 2 etc.