View Full Version : How did you have DLH vs Trinidad.

Heckler
06-04-2006, 09:21 AM
I watched this fight again today, first time in years. After watching this i ask myself 'How on earth could anyone think Trinidad deserved the win?'. Oscar Dominated and exposed the *****s in Tito's armour... and i don't care if Oscar coasted for the last rounds and essentially stopped fighting, people are blinded by this and fail to realise that Oscar clearly outpointed Tito and thus deserved the decision. IMHO Oscar gave Tito a lesson in ringcraft and was clearly robbed.

I expect and welcome heated responses from Oscar haters. So who did you have winning the fight? Whilst your at it who did you have winning oscar-mosely II.

King Koyle
06-04-2006, 01:41 PM
I haven't seen the fight in quite a while,but I remember thinking the same thing as you.Even though Oscar gave away the last few rounds,it was still a clear victory for him.

Yaman
06-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Oscar dominated most of the rounds and proved he was the better boxer. But it was a big mistake..running the last few rounds

Because the fight actually became a little close, but i had Oscar winning a UD. The judges just felt that TITO WORKED HARDER AND DESERVED THE WIN. They just didnt like Oscar's performance in the end.

Geodudepokemon
06-04-2006, 02:10 PM
I think it was Tito by a landslide. LOL!

Heckler
06-04-2006, 10:00 PM
lol... i hope that was a joke. The judges were probably blinded by the fact that Delahoya slacked off.. Tito appearing the aggressor and the harder working fighter.

jason100x
06-04-2006, 11:11 PM
I haven't seen the fight in years either but I remember thinking DLH won the fight, not by a huge margin but not a questionable decision.

hellfire508
06-05-2006, 06:21 AM
I usually have it either 8-4, or 7-5. One of the biggest robberies ever. DLH-haters always say, "DLH ran like a *****, how could he win?"

Yes, he ran, in rounds 10, 11 and 12!! Nobody can win a fight in 3 rounds! And even in those rounds, Tito still did nothing!!! He just cruised around looking like an amateur next to Oscar. Oscar may have stayed away the last couple of rounds, but he schooled Tito for 2 thirds of it.

joenypr
06-14-2006, 10:27 PM
I watch the fight every now and again (i have it on DVD). I am a big Trinidad fan, but im also a big boxing fan. The first time I saw the fight, I too thought De-la hoya won. Having said that, everytime i watch the fight, and I try to not be biased, I have it at a draw. Would De-la hoya have won if he kept fighting, yes. But he didnt. What I dont understand is how one of the judges gave De-la hoya the final round. He didnt even throw a punch! That, and the fact that De-la hoya chose not to fight the championship rounds convinces me that the fight was rigged.

machotime
06-14-2006, 10:43 PM
DLH won 1,2,3,6,7,8 Tito won 4,5,9,10,11,12 hence 114-114, round 9 could have gone either way.

DLH did not fight like a true champion in the Championship rounds. But IMO he deserved a Draw.

Tito offered Tito a rematch 6 times, DLH never accepted......

Brassangel
06-15-2006, 12:51 AM
I think that DLH won early to mid, and basically ran away later on. I dunno...I think he should have won. I also think that Ali beat Frazier in their first fight, but Frazier's heart and stamina won the judges over...I could be nuts.

hellfire508
06-15-2006, 03:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_IjPjkU6sc&search=de%20la%20hoya%20trinidad

That is round 10 of DLH-Trinidad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh7V0jr7xTk&search=de%20la%20hoya%20trinidad

That is round 9.

Does anyone here watch them, and tell me that Tito won them both? Oscar schooled tito. The more I watch it, the wider the margin gets. Hell, it may well have been 9-3 for Oscar.

hellfire508
06-15-2006, 03:53 AM
I watch the fight every now and again (i have it on DVD). I am a big Trinidad fan, but im also a big boxing fan. The first time I saw the fight, I too thought De-la hoya won. Having said that, everytime i watch the fight, and I try to not be biased, I have it at a draw. Would De-la hoya have won if he kept fighting, yes. But he didnt. What I dont understand is how one of the judges gave De-la hoya the final round. He didnt even throw a punch! That, and the fact that De-la hoya chose not to fight the championship rounds convinces me that the fight was rigged.

The judge that gave Oscar the last round, was trying to even out his score, that was clearly bull****. If he gave it to Tito, his score would have been the laughing stock of boxing history. Was he paid off? I think so.

Smokin'
06-15-2006, 03:54 AM
I had it a draw, thats what it should of been. It was classified as one of the biggest fights ever and it was a crap fight. DLH didn't really show guts the last 3 rounds and gave away those rounds.

hellfire508
06-15-2006, 04:08 AM
I had it a draw, thats what it should of been. It was classified as one of the biggest fights ever and it was a crap fight. DLH didn't really show guts the last 3 rounds and gave away those rounds.

Wrong. He gave away the last two rounds. Watch round 10 where I posted it, I feel he probably won it.

It can't be called a draw just because Oscar ran the last two rounds. He won almost all of the other 10!!

machotime
06-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Wrong. He gave away the last two rounds. Watch round 10 where I posted it, I feel he probably won it.

It can't be called a draw just because Oscar ran the last two rounds. He won almost all of the other 10!!
Tito won 4,5,10,11,12, 9 could have gone either way....

DLH did not fight like a champ, even when the crowd was booing him, he kept running, and then like an ass, would try to steal a round in the last 10 seconds by throwing a couple punches.

As Emmanuel Steward stated, "Something happened in the course of that fight which changed DLH's mentality, almost as if he was scared, and a Champion of his caliber should never behave that way"

DLH deserved a Draw.....He NEVER accepted a rematch which was offered to him 6 times over a 2 year period....why did he never accept???

hellfire508
06-15-2006, 09:01 AM
Tito won 4,5,10,11,12, 9 could have gone either way....

DLH did not fight like a champ, even when the crowd was booing him, he kept running, and then like an ass, would try to steal a round in the last 10 seconds by throwing a couple punches.

As Emmanuel Steward stated, "Something happened in the course of that fight which changed DLH's mentality, almost as if he was scared, and a Champion of his caliber should never behave that way"

DLH deserved a Draw.....He NEVER accepted a rematch which was offered to him 6 times over a 2 year period....why did he never accept???

Oh please. Tito did not win that many rounds. Oscar schooled him, and you know it. Your bias blinds you. Watch the fight without Tito's balls in your mouth.

Tito has a case for round 9 and 10, but anyone who knows how to score a fight knows Oscar won them both. I have posted them above on this page. WATCH THEM!!!! What the **** did Tito do to win those rounds? Nothing! Oscar landed combos, controlled the ring, and looked excellent. Tito plodded around the ring. People say, "no he was the aggressor". SO WHAT! Scoring is aggression is based on "EFFECTIVE AGGRESSION". It was not effective at all!!!!

Tell me mate, how did Tito win round 4? Tell me step by step what happened in that round? Oscar landed more shots, landed harder shots, and controlled the ring.

How about round 5? Oscar again outlanded Tito, and lander much harder shots. Tito landed one hard straight right, and that was it really. Oscar opened fast, closed fast, and his fleet-footed style was effective defense.

I tell you what, I am going to watch the fight again, and I will do a punch by punch analysis. Let's see who the winner really was.

machotime
06-15-2006, 09:34 AM
Oh please. Tito did not win that many rounds. Oscar schooled him, and you know it. Your bias blinds you. Watch the fight without Tito's balls in your mouth.

Tito has a case for round 9 and 10, but anyone who knows how to score a fight knows Oscar won them both. I have posted them above on this page. WATCH THEM!!!! What the **** did Tito do to win those rounds? Nothing! Oscar landed combos, controlled the ring, and looked excellent. Tito plodded around the ring. People say, "no he was the aggressor". SO WHAT! Scoring is aggression is based on "EFFECTIVE AGGRESSION". It was not effective at all!!!!

Tell me mate, how did Tito win round 4? Tell me step by step what happened in that round? Oscar landed more shots, landed harder shots, and controlled the ring.

How about round 5? Oscar again outlanded Tito, and lander much harder shots. Tito landed one hard straight right, and that was it really. Oscar opened fast, closed fast, and his fleet-footed style was effective defense.

I tell you what, I am going to watch the fight again, and I will do a punch by punch analysis. Let's see who the winner really was.
I'll watch the fight again as well tonight for the 20th time!

I'm glad DLH was booed, he performed like a puss.

Question for you, Why did DLH turn down 6 rematch offers over a 2 year period?

And don't let me bring up DLH/WHitaker, or DLH/Sturm :eek:

hellfire508
06-15-2006, 10:56 AM
I'll watch the fight again as well tonight for the 20th time!

I'm glad DLH was booed, he performed like a puss.

Question for you, Why did DLH turn down 6 rematch offers over a 2 year period?

And don't let me bring up DLH/WHitaker, or DLH/Sturm :eek:

Yeah I'm about to go to bed, so I'll watch it tomorrow.

Yes, he did deserve to get booed in the last TWO rounds. However, he was simply following the instructions of his corner (which were bad ones).

6 rematch offers? Wow, never heard that. I don't know why he turned them all down. But I know one thing for sure: Oscar beat Trinidad, he knows it, and Tito knows it. Oscar never ducked anyone. Remember, he has the 'L' on his record, his is not obliged to take a rematch. I think he definately should have taken it, because style wise, he ****s all over Tito.

DLH/Whitaker was a very close fight, however I scored it just for Oscar. I scored DLH/Sturm 7-5 for Sturm. That wasn't a good decision.

Don't make me bring up DLH-Mosley II either.

hellfire508
06-16-2006, 03:36 AM
Okay, I donít think the first three rounds can be argued. Oscar wins them hands down. I will just analyse the rounds you gave to Trinidad. Note: I am watching this on mute, on my computer as a type this, so I canít hear the crowd, nor the commentary.

Round 4
Fighters meet at mid-ring, Tito throws a 1-1-2, and Oscar avoids them all. Tito throws a left hook that deflects off Oscarís glove. Oscar is bouncing on his toes, he lands a left jab on the forehead, misses a second jab and throws a combo to the body, only a right hand lands. Tito forces Oscar into a corner, but Oscar easily gets out. Tito throws a left, then a right, both miss. Oscar is controlling the movement. A left jab from Tito lands on Oscarís glove. Oscar throws a jab that falls short. Oscar then throws a hard straight right than deflects off Titoís glove, then lands on the head. Tito throws a jab that lands, and Oscar counters with a straight right that lands. They trade a few jabs that all miss or are blocked. 2:00 left in the round.

Tito throws a 1-2, and the good right hand lands. Oscar uses lateral movement and lands a jab. Tito chases and throws a left and a right that Oscar ducks under. Oscar lands a double jab. 1:42 left, and both miss jabs. Oscar throws a rangefinder jab and Tito lands a jab. Tito throws a hard left hook that misses by about a metre. 1:30 left, and Tito throws a 1-2 that are both easily blocked by Oscar. Oscar throws a triple jab, only the second one lands. Tito grazes a left hand off Oscarís head, and Oscar simultaneously lands a hard jab. Moving around, and Oscar lands a soft jab. 1:00 left in the round.

Oscar lands a hard left hook to the body, and Tito tries to counter with a left hook upstairs, but Oscar deflects it, taking most of the power out. Oscar throws a few jabs, one lands. And again, and lands two. Oscar ducks a Tito left and counters with a right hand that grazes of Titoís shoulder. There is a slow exchange, where nothing lands. Tito is starting to be more aggressive. 0:30 left, Tito throws a few punches that are all avoided by Oscar. Oscar lands two jabs. 0:10 left, Tito grazes a left hook off Oscarís glove.

This round: Oscar landed more clean shots. Tito was the aggressor, but it didnít do much for him. Oscar showed good ring generalship, controlling the movement for most of the round.

Iíll score it 10-9 for Tito just to be nice, but I wouldnít mind if it was scored even, or for Oscar, because it definitely could have gone to Oscar.

Note: At this stage of the fight, judge Hamada has the fight even, Logist has Tito up 39-38, and Roth has Oscar up 39-37 (thatís 3-1 for Tito, LOL). This is a disgrace.

Round 5
Tito comes out and throws a left hook immediately that is blocked. Almost 0:30 seconds gone, nothing happening really. Tito throws a 1-1-2 that all miss, and Oscar counters with a right hand that grazes Tito. Oscar throws a 1-2, with the right hand deflecting off the glove and softly landing on the forehead. Both throw a left hook simultaneously, both are blocked. 2:00 left.

Both are throwing, but nothing is landing. Oscar throws a double jab, the second lands. He lands a soft right hand upstairs. The next 8 seconds or so is just some minor throwing and blocking by both. Tito starting to use aggression more effectively, cutting off the ring for the first time really, but Oscar still finding ways to get around. They exchange jabs, all miss. Oscar lines Tito up, and throws a hard right hand, then a left hook, both miss. 1:00 left.

Oscar then throws a 1-2-3, the jab misses but the right hand and left hook land hard flush. Tito chasing Oscar, throwing in frustration seemingly, and missing. Both throw a jab, and both miss. More throwing, more missing. A small exchange and Tito lands a good right hand as Oscar moves out. 0:10 left. Oscar does his last minute flurry, which a right hand lands, and a left hook grazes. Round over.

10-9 Oscar, for his very nice flurries and combinations. Iím sorry but Tito just didnít do enough that round.

Judges all gave it to Oscar, 48-47, 48-48, 47-48. How anyone could have Tito winning at this point is beyond me. A fix perhaps?

Round 9
Round begins, both throw a few punches, all are blocked. Tito throws a left hook as Oscar moves around to the right, but Oscar blocks it with his glove. Oscar lands a very light jab. Oscar along the ropes, Tito digs in a left hook to the body that partially lands on Oscarís elbow. Oscar throws a combo that misses, then feints with the left and partially lands a right hand on the forehead. They stand at mid ring, 2:20 left and Oscar throws a four punch combination of hooks to the body, at least three land, and then lands a left uppercut on the chin. Then Oscar lands a jab, right hook-left hook combination to the body. He throws a 1-2 that falls short. He lunges in and lands a hard right hook to the body. Tito tries a 1-2, but misses (the right appears to land, but actually lands on the glove). 2:00 left.

Tito throws a right hand lead that lands, and misses with the follow up left hook. Oscar throws a double jab, with the first one landing flush and the second grazing. Tito throws a left hook, then straight right at Oscar on the ropes. Again, the right hand appears to land, but upon closer inspection (I re-watched it three times), Oscar clearly blocks it with his RIGHT hand that he brings across. Tito is chasing Oscar around the ring, throwing rights and left hooks that are all missing. Oscar throws a left downstairs that misses, and comes upstairs with the left hook that grazes the top of Titoís head. Tito throws a left hook that Oscar blocks, and lunges with a right but Oscar is out of range. Tito then lands a right hand that popped out like a jab. Oscar misses a jab, and Tito lands a soft straight right. 1:00 left.

Oscar lands a grazing right hand, and Tito lands a grazing left hand. Oscar throws a very soft flurry, with one or two landing, but without damage. Tito now chasing Oscar as he dances, Ali-esque. Oscar stops to throw a left hook and hard right hand, but both fall short. He then plants and lands a hard right hand. Tito chasing again. Tito throws a soft left uppercut (from the chest), that just grazes Oscar. Titoís aggression looking effective, 0:09 left and Oscar lands a soft left jab. Oscar flurries, missing all but a soft right hook to the body.

Oscarís round, 10-9.

The first minute is absolutely dominated by Oscar, the second minute is probably Titoís, but it wasnít clear cut, and the last minute is basically even, possibly Oscarís. On that basis, Oscar wins the round.

2 of the 3 judges score this for Tito. Blind perhaps? After this much domination by Oscar, one judge has the fight even!!!! This is laughable. One has Oscar up by 1 point, and the other by 3. These scores are ridiculous.

Incidentally, the compubox stats through the fight at this stage are: 196 to 98 landed for Oscar, 456 to 320 thrown for Oscar. While obviously punch stats donít tell the whole story, it is an indication of the domination.

Round 10
10 seconds past, and finally a punch is thrown, a left jab by Oscar that lands. They stand toe-to-toe (note: Oscar not running!) Tito throws a left uppercut that grazes under Oscarís chin, doing no damage. Oscar throws a jab downstairs that misses, and then lands a jab upstairs. Oscar sticks the left hand in Titoís face, and Tito throws a left hook that is blocked. Tito throws a flurry, all the punches clearly miss. Oscar throwing jabs, all miss. Oscar starting to use lateral movement, Tito throwing a combo, but all blocked or avoided by Oscar. Tito throws a jab that lands softly, and Oscar lands a slightly harder jab to the body. Tito throws a right hand that Oscar ducks under. 2:00 left.

Oscar moving around, Tito chasing, and lands a straight right. Oscar had his back to the ropes, lands left hand, and throws a right-left and the left lands flush. Tito throwing lots of lead-right hands, that are all blocked easily. Oscar holds Titoís head with his left hand, and ducks under a left hook thrown by Tito. Tito throws a left uppercut that lands under Oscarís elbow. Oscar pawing with the left hand, and Tito starts throwing wild left hands that all miss. Oscar controls the movement, and Tito lands a grazing right hand. Oscar stops and throws a 1-2, that misses. Oscar throws a combo to the body, with two hooks landing, and Tito tries to counter upstairs but his left hook is blocked. A 1-2 from Oscar is avoided. They exchange jabs that miss. 1:00 left.

Oscar throws a soft left hook that is partially blocked, and Oscar easily avoids a left uppercut from Tito. Tito is chasing Oscar, throwing and missing. Oscar dancing, and throwing jabs from his hips. Tito lands a glancing right hand that grazes the side of Oscarís head. Tito gets Oscar on the ropes, and throws a combo, on a left hand partially lands. Oscar plants and partially lands a left hook to the body. Tito chases, and Oscar lands right hand to the body (you have to look closely) as Tito misses with the left uppercut, and Oscar misses with a hard left hook. Tito chasing, and both land glancing jabs. Tito lands a soft right hand. 0:10 seconds left, and Oscar flurries again. Among about 10 or so punches, he lands two left hooks to the body and two soft punches upstairs. Tito landed a soft right hand among the flurry.

Hell that round was close, and it was pretty action-lacking. Iím going to score it 10-10, but if I couldnít call it even, I would give it to Oscar.

Oscar then gives away the last two rounds.

So on my scorecard from watching this fight, I have it:

8-3-1 to Oscar De La Hoya.

hellfire508
06-17-2006, 02:58 AM
....................?

Hydro
02-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Oscar, but it was close.

wmute
02-02-2007, 09:41 PM
De La Hoya 8-4

95% of those who say de la hoya did not win are tito's fans

Emon723
02-03-2007, 12:41 AM
I had Dela Hoya-Trinidad on tape, I always keep watching it and this is what I saw.

Rounds:
1- DLH barely
2- Trinidad round
3- DLH round
4- Even, could gone either way
5- Dela hoya steals the round at the end
6- the most lopsided round of the fight, clearly Dela Hoya
7- Tito steals the round
8-9 DLH did just enough to win the rounds
10-12 All Trinidad

I had it 115-114 in favor of Dela Hoya but dont see the decision as controversial, one point can go the other way.

Krucial
11-25-2007, 09:41 PM
no matter what tho
evryone saw tito outboxed for 9 rounds
now with 9 rounds in the bag
how do u lose becuz u didnt throw too much in the late rounds
all he did was secure his victory...atleast try
it was beautiful by oscar
but i do disagree with delahoya for fleeing the last 3rounds
but evryone saw he won no less than 8 rounds
i gave em 9
the judges were biased
thats all i say
evryone knows delahoya won the ****in fight

Tyson Jones
11-25-2007, 09:51 PM
I had it 9 rounds to 3 for oscar and even gave oscar the 10th round. I like tito more than I do oscar but this fight was a complete boxing lesson and one of the biggest robberies of all time. It wasnt even close. If I had won close to 9 rounds in a row and completely dominated a guy. I too would cost and avoid that left hook of tito's.

robbi
11-25-2007, 11:00 PM
I had it 8-4 for De La Hoya

Sugar_ITA
11-26-2007, 07:45 AM
I had the fight 7-5 for DLH. Clear and not questionable victory. (And Oscar was 7-2 before fre laste three rounds.)

Oscar has shown better skills, better speed, better agility... he has domintaed Felix Trinidad in everything. He has given away the last 3 round like an idiot but he has won that fight.

AntonTheMeh
11-26-2007, 10:42 AM
anyone that says oscar won 9 or 8 are fooling themselves.i think he might of won by a point.neither in my opinion deserved the decision.the fight isn't for nine rounds like he thought,it was for twelve.he won maybe 7 with one even.

cyclepsycho
11-26-2007, 11:33 AM
I had it 9 rounds to 3 for oscar and even gave oscar the 10th round. I like tito more than I do oscar but this fight was a complete boxing lesson and one of the biggest robberies of all time. It wasnt even close. If I had won close to 9 rounds in a row and completely dominated a guy. I too would cost and avoid that left hook of tito's.

I agree but Felex killed his chances by running the last few round on a fight the judges thought was closer than he did..

wmute
11-26-2007, 12:06 PM
anyone that says oscar won 9 or 8 are fooling themselves.i think he might of won by a point.neither in my opinion deserved the decision.the fight isn't for nine rounds like he thought,it was for twelve.he won maybe 7 with one even.

IF

-you win 7 rounds,
-you are up at the end of the 12th
-you did not lose any 10-8 rounds

THEN

you deserved the decision,

you might have thought the fight was scheduled for 1, 5, 15, 100 f-++-n' rounds and you still deserved the decision.

-Hyperion-
11-26-2007, 12:17 PM
8-3-1 for de la hoya.....the round i scored a draw is being nice to Felix...
boxing is like it is, if you win the points you need, you deserve the fight.....end of story....

AntonTheMeh
11-26-2007, 12:17 PM
IF

-you win 7 rounds,
-you are up at the end of the 12th
-you did not lose any 10-8 rounds

THEN

you deserved the decision,

you might have thought the fight was scheduled for 1, 5, 15, 100 f-++-n' rounds and you still deserved the decision.

THAT'S NOT THE POINT.THE GUY RAN.I WOULDN'T OF GIVEN EITHER ONE OF THEM A DECISION.7 ROUNDS WON OR NOT.THAT **** IS RIDICULOUS.

wmute
11-26-2007, 12:39 PM
THAT'S NOT THE POINT.THE GUY RAN.I WOULDN'T OF GIVEN EITHER ONE OF THEM A DECISION.7 ROUNDS WON OR NOT.THAT **** IS RIDICULOUS.

that's exactly the point.

Did De La Hoya run enough to be disqualified?

NO

Hence he won the fight

AntonTheMeh
11-26-2007, 01:31 PM
that's exactly the point.

Did De La Hoya run enough to be disqualified?

NO

Hence he won the fight

how the hell can we know that?

wmute
11-26-2007, 01:52 PM

do YOU think he ran enough to be DQed?

AntonTheMeh
11-26-2007, 01:53 PM
do YOU think he ran enough to be DQed?

i thought he ran enough to not win the fight.

wmute
11-26-2007, 01:55 PM

because he was not DQed?

AntonTheMeh
11-26-2007, 01:57 PM
because he was not DQed?

in my opinion it should've been a draw tito lost and oscar threw it away,tito didn't do enough to win,and oscar didn't want to win.

wmute
11-26-2007, 01:58 PM
i thought he ran enough to not win the fight.

So if you were the referee, would you have issued him a warning and if he fought the same, you would have DQed him?

wmute
11-26-2007, 01:59 PM
in my opinion it should've been a draw tito lost and oscar threw it away,tito didn't do enough to win,and oscar didn't want to win.

This means you scored it even, right?

AntonTheMeh
11-26-2007, 02:00 PM
So if you were the referee, would you have issued him a warning and if he fought the same, you would have DQed him?

i would have probably taken a point away,like they take points away for excessive clinching.

wmute
11-26-2007, 02:02 PM
i would have probably taken a point away,like they take points away for excessive clinching.

Would you have taken points away fomr Cotto against Mosley?

AntonTheMeh
11-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Would you have taken points away fomr Cotto against Mosley?

last i check cotto actually landed significant shots againts shane while he was going backward.don't try and make this **** some nationalistic ****.you're comparing apples to oranges.

wmute
11-26-2007, 02:10 PM
last i check cotto actually landed significant shots againts shane while he was going backward.don't try and make this **** some nationalistic ****.you're comparing apples to oranges.

I am not making any nationalistic **** are you?

I am thinking of the latest fight where a fighter played it safe in the last few rounds, and said fighter has all my respect for doing so.

Last time I checked Oscar landed combos on Tito in rounds 9 and 10, for example.

AntonTheMeh
11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
I am not making any nationalistic **** are you?

I am thinking of the latest fight where a fighter played it safe in the last few rounds, and said fighter has all my respect for doing so.

Last time I checked Oscar landed combos on Tito in rounds 9 and 10, for example.

goodbye........

wmute
11-26-2007, 02:26 PM
goodbye........

my pleasure,

are you from puerto rico, by any chance?

ROSS CALIFORNIA
11-26-2007, 04:54 PM
I think the way Oscar ran from Trinidad in those last rounds was equivalent to excessive holding. He was clearly just trying to survive. However, I feel he still won by decision. I don't know exactly how the judges turn in their score cards, but if they have the option of changing the score based on those last few rounds, then that's a bunch of crap. You can't just forget how Trinidad couldn't do **** to Oscar when Oscar was fighting him all those rounds.

AntonTheMeh
11-26-2007, 04:57 PM
my pleasure,

are you from puerto rico, by any chance?

ARE YOU ON MY DICK BY ANY CHANCE? **** THE DRAG QUEEN AND **** YOU.

wmute
11-26-2007, 05:34 PM
ARE YOU ON MY DICK BY ANY CHANCE? **** THE DRAG QUEEN AND **** YOU.

I will take it as a

"Yes, and I will make excuses forever rather than admitting the fight was a robbery"

caps and cussing are not enough to cover that.

guzi815
11-26-2007, 11:36 PM
This is coming from a true "Tito Trinidad" fan...

Had DLH kept on boxing Tito, would he have won......YES!
A true Champion DOES NOT "avoid" engaging in combat inside that ring.

Be true to yourself and admit that DLH was disappointing.....COULD'VE, SHOULD'VE.....but didn't.

It was a draw. There were no KD's, and the Tito came to fight, Tito wanted it more.

IN the real world....if the other dude is more assertive, I bet they will hire him before you...even if you have the better credentials. True that!

ROSS CALIFORNIA
11-26-2007, 11:50 PM

Be true to yourself and admit that DLH was disappointing.....COULD'VE, SHOULD'VE.....but didn't.
Yep, he was a little ***** for running like that. I was excited when they announced that fight, but very disipointed in how it went. I thought it was going to be a war, but DLH took the roll of the boxer.:nonono:

AntonTheMeh
11-27-2007, 01:03 AM
I will take it as a

"Yes, and I will make excuses forever rather than admitting the fight was a robbery"

caps and cussing are not enough to cover that.

EVERYTIME YOU TRY AND DEBATE ME YOU MANAGE TO ASK WHAT AM I.LIKE YOU DON'T ****ING KNOW.

wmute
11-27-2007, 12:50 PM
EVERYTIME YOU TRY AND DEBATE ME YOU MANAGE TO ASK WHAT AM I.LIKE YOU DON'T ****ING KNOW.

I tought it was the 1st time asked you.

I have to say that I was doing 2+2=... in my mind and was pretty sure (you like Cotto + you like Tito=...), but if I already asked you if you were from PR, I completely forgot. My bad.

My favorite active PR fighter is Ivan Calderon, btw.

wmute
11-27-2007, 12:51 PM

It was a draw. There were no KD's, and the Tito came to fight, Tito wanted it more.

IN the real world....if the other dude is more assertive, I bet they will hire him before you...even if you have the better credentials. True that!

how did you score the fight round by round?

-Hyperion-
11-27-2007, 12:56 PM
seriously that running excuse is just plain annoying....he won more rounds, end of story....

guzi815
11-27-2007, 10:04 PM
how did you score the fight round by round?
Tito Trinidad -vs- De La Hoya

Round one = DLH 10
Round Two = DLH 20
Round Three = DLH 30
Round Four = Tito 37
Round Five = Tito 47
Round Six = DLH 58
Round Seven = DLH 68
Round Eight = DLH 78
Round Nine = Tito 84
Round Ten = Tito 94
Round Eleven = Tito 104
Round Twelve = Tito 114

IMHO opinion, It was a draw 114 - 114. Trinidad never got a rematch. It may have settled once and for all, that DLH can't take Tito's left hook. We all know DLH wanted 70/30.

AntonTheMeh
11-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Tito Trinidad -vs- De La Hoya

Round one = DLH 10
Round Two = DLH 20
Round Three = DLH 30
Round Four = Tito 37
Round Five = Tito 47
Round Six = DLH 58
Round Seven = DLH 68
Round Eight = DLH 78
Round Nine = Tito 84
Round Ten = Tito 94
Round Eleven = Tito 104
Round Twelve = Tito 114

IMHO opinion, It was a draw 114 - 114. Trinidad never got a rematch. It may have settled once and for all, that DLH can't take Tito's left hook. We all know DLH wanted 70/30.

even after he lost.****ing absurd.this is why i think **** of him,he cares more for money than salvaging his legacy

The Noose
11-28-2007, 12:17 AM
There is no way im gonna sit through that non-fight and try and score it.

It was one of the worst overhyped fights ever. Both scared to engage.

I have no time for DLH, the way he tries to steal points by flurrying at the end of rounds. Plus the way he was celebrating at the end of the rounds against Whitaker eventhough he wasnt landing with anything.
He tries to win over the judges like a *****.

Dorian
11-28-2007, 12:18 AM
114 - 114 draw

AntonTheMeh
11-28-2007, 12:34 AM

I have no time for DLH, the way he tries to steal points by flurrying at the end of rounds. Plus the way he was celebrating at the end of the rounds against Whitaker eventhough he wasnt landing with anything.

YEP...................

Undefeated
11-28-2007, 12:51 AM
I had Trinidad winning

120-101

Lol haha :rolleyes:

Ya still talking about this? I laugh in your face!

Close right.. Could have gone either way. Enough said.

wmute
11-28-2007, 03:07 AM

I thought you liked Ray Leonard...

I dont like Tito, nor Oscar, (and Leonard is great but not my cup of tea)

The Noose
11-28-2007, 09:39 AM
I thought you liked Ray Leonard...

I dont like Tito, nor Oscar, (and Leonard is great but not my cup of tea)

Leonard fighting Hagler after 5 years in retirement doesnt compare to DLH-Tito, or Whitaker and fighting the way he did.

wmute
11-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Leonard fighting Hagler after 5 years in retirement doesnt compare to DLH-Tito, or Whitaker and fighting the way he did.

I agree, with the first part.

What does it have to do with Pea, though?

The Noose
11-28-2007, 02:41 PM
I agree, with the first part.

What does it have to do with Pea, though?

I have no idea. :cool:

cashdon
12-16-2007, 05:56 AM
I remember watching this fight and was shocked an amazed that DLH lost that fight he DOMINATED Tito and coasted the last couple of rounds. There is no way that he should have lost that fight. Someone mentioned the second Mosley fight as well. This decision was just as bad as the Trinidad one. DLH gave him a "boxing lesson" like he always like to say. Does anyone have this fight. I remember Mosley's father pleading with Mosley during the fight and saying that he was losing. His father told him before the 12th that he needed a knockout to win the fight. Please someone tell me they have the fight!!!! Also the look on Mosley face before they announced the results of the fights was the look of a fighter who KNEW they lost. When they announced them he won his mouth was wide open like he was told he won the mega millions lottery. If you remember DLH and his promoter briefly made a stink calling for an investigation. He got robbed in the Trinidad and second Mosley fight. Now he DEFINITELY got a gift decision in the Sturm fight. He was overweight and was expecting a tuneup fight before he fought Hopkins but Felix had none of it.

VaBoriKua 2.0
09-08-2008, 09:05 PM
actually i see it differently i c round one was close but i gave it to dlh round 2 Tito from 3to 6 all DLH 7th was tito and 8th was DLH then 9,10,11,12 all tito and there was one or 2 rounds kinda close in the beginning i guess the judges felt tito fought harder and was being the aggressor. i had 114-114

Thread Stealer
09-09-2008, 12:49 AM
DLH: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9
Tito: 4, 8, 10, 11, 12
Even: 1

115-114 DLH

QuCongee
09-09-2008, 12:54 AM
I've scored it several times but I've never had Hoya winning.

115 - 113 Trinidad or 114 - 114.

QuCongee
09-09-2008, 02:19 AM
I just watched it on youtube and scored it 116 - 113 Trinidad.

Silencers
09-09-2008, 02:30 AM
8-4 for DLH. 116-112. Although I can understand 115-113 for DLH.

Levcon8686
07-08-2009, 08:08 PM

Oscar wasn't there for a job interview. He was there to win a boxing match, which he clearly should have due to winning at least 7 rounds and not being knocked down. The rules and scoring was determined before the fight!

gibo
07-09-2009, 02:40 AM
delajoto ran for his life, smart man, cause he would of got KTFO!!!! if he had truly won the fight, (like mesicans claim) joto would of demanded a rematch like he did with SSM. with the same results!!!! Get over it h-town, la, mesico. joto can con you out your money, but heart and fight wise? the golden girl lacked big time!!!! Challenging 108 lbs. PAC-MAN proved this. NO OTHER fighter challenging such a smaller fighter would of been granted the fight by the boxing commission other than "joto." REFUSING a REMATCH against a fighter he swore he beat and would of made a sh*t load of money "TITO" he REFUSED.. OPPTING TO FIGHT SMALLER SSM, PBF, PAC-MAN, AND GETTING HIS *SS BI*CHED SLAPPED. AGAINST PAC? CLASSIC>>>>> GLAD SHE'S RETIRED

mickey malone
07-09-2009, 09:14 AM
I watched this fight again today, first time in years. After watching this i ask myself 'How on earth could anyone think Trinidad deserved the win?'. Oscar Dominated and exposed the *****s in Tito's armour... and i don't care if Oscar coasted for the last rounds and essentially stopped fighting, people are blinded by this and fail to realise that Oscar clearly outpointed Tito and thus deserved the decision. IMHO Oscar gave Tito a lesson in ringcraft and was clearly robbed.

I expect and welcome heated responses from Oscar haters. So who did you have winning the fight? Whilst your at it who did you have winning oscar-mosely II.
I'm not his biggest fan, but I am the biggest fan of fair play..
You are right my friend.. DLH beat Trinadad, he beat Mosley 2 even more convincingly & further more, PBF should have a draw on his resume.. As for DLH, he's one unlucky, greedy bastard...

Ziggy Stardust
07-09-2009, 10:25 AM
While I don't remember my exact score of the fight I do remember I had De La Hoya winning even with his running the last four rounds. While I usually will complain about bad decisions I really didn't at the time as I had felt Oscar had gotten a gift against Whitaker and this was sort of the pendulum swinging the other way.

Poet

#1Assassin
07-09-2009, 10:31 AM
i thought it couldve gon eighter way. it certainly wasnt a robbery though, thats for sure. i think the whitaker, quartey and sturm decisions were far more warranted to be called robberys.

mickey malone
07-09-2009, 11:47 AM
While I don't remember my exact score of the fight I do remember I had De La Hoya winning even with his running the last four rounds. While I usually will complain about bad decisions I really didn't at the time as I had felt Oscar had gotten a gift against Whitaker and this was sort of the pendulum swinging the other way.

Poet
Very true.. Forgot about that..

villa04
07-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Sure delahoya won the fight but he deserves the loss.running like a arrogant coward in boxing doesn't roll.I heard it was his reIner who told him to run but sometimes you have to take it upon yourself to have pride in yourself .I can understand throwing a few pinches here and then. But what he did was just ridiculouse

Sugarj
07-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I felt that it was one of those fights where the scoring was very close, ( I had it for one round to De La Hoya ) but that the rounds that Trinidad shaded were not as impressive as the rounds that De La Hoya dominated. Oscar's combination work was superb...

As a body of work De La Hoya was clearly the better fighter of the two for me.

Bushbaby
07-09-2009, 02:38 PM
As an unbiased boxing fan I had that fight 8-4 for DLH.It wasnt really that close,Trinidad was being schooled in every way possible!The jab and ring generalship that DLH showed was amazing!!Just to be fair I gave Trinidad the last 4,but honestly,he only won 10,11 and 12!!

On DLH-Mosley 2,I'm with big George,DLH won clearly!!I don't remember exactly,but in either round 10 or 11 DLH knocked Mosley's mouthpiece out,easily the best punch of the fight in a fairly even round,that's a round winner hands down.maybe all 3 judges missed it!!But DLH should have gotten the win and set up a thrillogy just like big George said!!

Trenchant
07-09-2009, 03:01 PM
I think DLH won, but like some already said, Oscar should not have run in those last rounds. The judges probably gave Tito round 9 based on sympathy and then 10 thru 12 based on Oscar's running and Tito stalking and landing some thudding rights and a few lefts while Oscar backed up and threw Sugar Ray Leonard combos. But for Tito to win I would think the judges would have to go back and doctor there scorecards because Oscar already won so many rounds in the early stages of the fight.

bojangles1987
07-09-2009, 03:32 PM
As with most I think De La Hoya won this but running doesn't work for most fighters, and Oscar ended up paying for it.

rskumm21
07-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Whatever, it's not like Oscar hasn't been given a couple fights in his day so get over it. That **** was 10 years ago.

them_apples
07-09-2009, 03:45 PM
boxing isn't only based on volume, there were certain times in that fight where Tito Landed the much harder shot. If Oscar was really doing anything Tito def wouldn't have been chasing him all night,

RightCross94
07-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Oscar whooped his ass clearly, but he was an idiot for running late in the fight

mickey malone
07-10-2009, 08:56 AM
As an unbiased boxing fan I had that fight 8-4 for DLH.It wasnt really that close,Trinidad was being schooled in every way possible!The jab and ring generalship that DLH showed was amazing!!Just to be fair I gave Trinidad the last 4,but honestly,he only won 10,11 and 12!!

On DLH-Mosley 2,I'm with big George,DLH won clearly!!I don't remember exactly,but in either round 10 or 11 DLH knocked Mosley's mouthpiece out,easily the best punch of the fight in a fairly even round,that's a round winner hands down.maybe all 3 judges missed it!!But DLH should have gotten the win and set up a thrillogy just like big George said!!
Just because they're judges, it doesn't mean that they can judge.. Most judges have never boxed.. In my opinion, this should be the primary concern...

RightCross94
07-10-2009, 09:10 AM
crap judging is part of boxing...both ams and pros

you just gotta do your best and hope the judges arent idiots

Thread Stealer
07-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Oscar whooped his ass clearly, but he was an idiot for running late in the fight

He was tired though. He admitted he got tired and his legs started to shake.

Maybe it was the best thing to do at that stage if he was fatigued.

TboneNYC09
09-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Oscar won the fight.From round 1-9 you could give Tito 2 of those rounds.In the champ rounds 10-12 even if you give Tito every one of those rounds how does Oscar lose the fight.Yes Oscar was on his bike in the 10th 11th and 12th but was he being hit in those rounds..No,that explains Oscar getting the nod from one of the judges in the 12th.

MANGLER
09-09-2009, 10:53 PM
DLH still won even tho he gave Felix the last 3 imo. 8-4 or 7-5 DLH. Ain't watched it in a long time.

tyger
09-11-2009, 01:41 AM
No knockdowns, no point deductions

Oscar won 9 rounds
Trinidad won 3

Don King won 4,000,000 ($)

BigMacFoster
09-11-2009, 01:49 AM
PBF should have a draw on his resume.

I hope that is in reference to his first fight with Castillo and not his fight with Oscar De La Hoya.There is absolutely no argument for De La Hoya deserving the decision there

Ether
09-11-2009, 02:11 AM
One of the biggest robberys ever, I love tito. Infact one of my favorite welterweights. His style is dope, but I honestly had DLH winning this. I couldn't ****ing believe it.

Ziggy Stardust
09-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I thought De La Hoya won even giving away the last three rounds. While I deplore bad decisions in all cases since Oscar had gotten a gift against Whittaker I always figured this was a bit of karma leveling.

Poet

GJC
09-11-2009, 06:56 PM
I thought DLH won it though was stupid to coast the last rounds

PoetryInMotion
09-11-2009, 07:18 PM
DLH won, hands down.

Obama
09-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I hope that is in reference to his first fight with Castillo and not his fight with Oscar De La Hoya.There is absolutely no argument for De La Hoya deserving the decision there

It really surprises me how nasty you are with me when at the end of the day you agree with me on a lot of issues. This being another one.

I thought De La Hoya won even giving away the last three rounds. While I deplore bad decisions in all cases since Oscar had gotten a gift against Whittaker I always figured this was a bit of karma leveling.

Poet

Don't forget his gifts over Quartey and Sturm.

As far as this fight goes, the best Tito could have deserved is a draw IMO. My scorecard:

<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.0 (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> Round 1: 10 Ė 9 De La Hoya
Not much happened this round, but the punches that were clean were landed by De La Hoya, who landed a good left hook in the first half of the round and a flurried with a half decent combination near the end of the round.

*Round 2: 9 Ė 10 Trinidad
Trinidad significantly outworked De La Hoya this round, who was once again the cleaner puncher nonetheless. Trinidad pulled it out for me by being more effective with the jab, left hooks, and straight right hands in this round. Still, very close round in my eyes, and De La Hoya nearly stole it at the end.

~All 3 judges did in fact score this round for Trinidad.

Round 3: 10 Ė 9 De La Hoya
Clear round for De La Hoya. He landed the bigger shots, the cleaner shots, and didn't allow himself to get outworked. Tito was less aggressive this round and Oscar let his hands go more.

~All 3 judges scored this round for De La Hoya.

Round 4: 9 Ė 10 Trinidad
De La Hoya got beat up this round. I still think De La Hoya managed to land more punches, but none had the thudding impact Tito's did, who backed De La Hoya up throughout (straight back after impact as opposed to his usual lateral movement). Oscar took 1 step off his bicycle this round, and paid the price.

~All 3 judges scored this round for Trinidad.

Round 5: 10 Ė 9 De La Hoya
Another clear round for De La Hoya. His combinations straight up the middle said it all in this round. Tito just had no answers.

~All 3 judges scored this round for De La Hoya

Round 6: 10 Ė 9 De La Hoya
Tito has a bit more success than he did in the last round, but it was pretty much a replay of the same things. De La Hoya's combinations were a little less spectacular but he still clearly won the round.

~All 3 judges scored this round for De La Hoya

Round 7: 10 Ė 9 De La Hoya
More of the same from the last round, except De La Hoya gives a little more angles with his punches, and also does a fair bit more running. There's a lot of booing in this round. It caused one judge to give it to Trinidad apparently... Tito didn't land anything meaningful for me to say he should get it tho. For the most part he genuinely looked confused this round.

Round 8: 10 Ė 9 De La Hoya
Trinidad got a clue this round about what to do, even eventually managed to land a big left hook toward the end. However, Oscar still clearly outpointed him this round by beating him to the punch. Tito while less confused than the previous round, just couldn't seem to get off in time to make a serious impact. Two judges gave this round to Trinidad...they were very generous.

*Round 9: 10 Ė 9 De La Hoya
In the first minute of this round, Oscar punished Tito to the body for a good 15 discontinuous seconds. In the second minute, Oscar took his foot off the gas and Tito clearly got the better of him. The last minute was pretty even. Minute wise this was a Tito round. Weighing the best punches more heavily, this becomes a De La Hoya round. Could go either way, and I watched it again before I gave the nod to Oscar. He landed too many jabs (although weak ones) and got a great straight right hand in near the end.

Round 10: 9 Ė 10 Trinidad
Perhaps the best round of the fight. Trinidad got off a lot more, and De La Hoya actually would elect to stand and trade from time to time. Competitive round, but Tito brought the pain while De La Hoya just added fuel to the fire. De La Hoya still did a lot of running this round, but he did it without the boxing...which is why he lost.

Round 11: 9 Ė 10 Trinidad
Oscar enters full running man mode this round. No way did he deserve to win it.

Round 12: 9 Ė 10 Trinidad
This fight was billed as the fight of the Millennium. It turned out to be the biggest big fight disappointment of the decade. Oscar ran away and lost the most important fight of his career. My scorecard says he won, but it's far from highway robbery. He dropped the ball.

Final Score: 7 Ė 5 De La Hoya (115 Ė 113)

Score Variances:
*Scoring the starred rounds even, I got it 6-4-2 De La Hoya.
*Scoring all the starred rounds to De La Hoya, I got it 8-4 De La Hoya.
*Scoring all the starred rounds to Trinidad, I got it a draw.

Benncollinsaad
09-12-2009, 08:37 AM
This is sooo old! I'm sick and tired of reading and hearing about this-its in the past, forget it! Even Oscar has forgotten it by now, why can't you??

Burning Desire
09-12-2009, 12:57 PM
ODLH did not win the first 9 rounds, i think thats a bit of a myth. At most he was 7-2 or 6-3 up after 9 rounds. But he clearly lost 3 rounds in a row after that making it, at worse 7-5 for ODLH, me personally i had it a draw.

BigMacFoster
09-12-2009, 02:35 PM
There were two close rounds which could have gone either way,Which I scored for Trinidad due to the significent punches he landed but I still felt at worse for De La Hoya is was a 115-113 decision victory.

It isn't the robbery as is claimed and I you do believe as such you haven't watched that many fights as there were much worse robberies during 1999.

As bad a decision as the first Lewis Holyfield fight was,It was actually good for boxing considering all the mainstream media coverage it got.

It was a pretty hyped up fight as it was but the outcry of the decision I remember was huge and not just from the boxing media either

It really surprises me how nasty you are with me when at the end of the day you agree with me on a lot of issues. This being another one.

Final Score: 7 ***8211; 5 De La Hoya (115 ***8211; 113)

Oh dear,Well we know who's alt I am now don't we?

Obama
09-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Oh dear,Well we know who's alt I am now don't we?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

At least it's a deceptive alt now. ;)