View Full Version : Patterson-johannson Iii Video

SABBATH
06-02-2006, 08:12 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=720gSY_V44o&search=floyd%20patterson

Great first round from their rubber match. Patterson floored twice, Johannson floored once

Six oz gloves and the first ever mandatory 8 count in a heavyweight title fight

Yogi
06-02-2006, 10:17 PM
first ever mandatory 8 count in a heavyweight title fight

My eyes must be decieving me, Sabbath, as I can quite clearly see that Goldstein is giving Roland LaStarza a mandatory eight count after Marciano knocked him down just moments before the fight was stopped...LaStarza was knocked through the ropes, picked himself up after a few seconds to where he was clearly on both feet, yet Goldstein is still giving him an extra four or five counts before wiping his gloves off.

RockyMarcianofan00
06-02-2006, 10:26 PM
My eyes must be decieving me, Sabbath, as I can quite clearly see that Goldstein is giving Roland LaStarza a mandatory eight count after Marciano knocked him down just moments before the fight was stopped...LaStarza was knocked through the ropes, picked himself up after a few seconds to where he was clearly on both feet, yet Goldstein is still giving him an extra four or five counts before wiping his gloves off.
Right after this
http://www.cosmofineart.com/HG_RockyM_FinalBlow.jpg

SABBATH
06-02-2006, 10:49 PM
My eyes must be decieving me, Sabbath, as I can quite clearly see that Goldstein is giving Roland LaStarza a mandatory eight count after Marciano knocked him down just moments before the fight was stopped...LaStarza was knocked through the ropes, picked himself up after a few seconds to where he was clearly on both feet, yet Goldstein is still giving him an extra four or five counts before wiping his gloves off.I was quoting the commentator....

Marciano received a mandatory 8 when floored by Moore even though that rule had been waived. Mandatory 8 was also waived for Patterson-Moore.

I'm unsure as of now what the rules were for Marciano-Lastarza and whether or not the mandatory 8 had been waived for that fight also.