View Full Version : Boxing: Manny Pacquiao - Living the American Dream

psychopath
02-09-2005, 05:28 PM
By Jason Tremble - February 9, 2005

Manny Pacquiao is living the American dream. He has fame, fortune, and a left hook that can take him to another world title. There's just one thing that makes him a bit different - he's not American. I haven't seen the boxing public so excited about a fighter since the Ukraine brothers - Wladimir and Vitali Klitschko came to the U.S. The Philippine's boxing sensation Manny "The Destroyer/Pacman" Pacquiao is slowly taking over the U.S. with his perpetuate style of making everyone like him. Is it his record of 43 fights, 39 wins (31 coming by way of knockout), 2 draws, and 2 losses that make us watch for his extraordinary talents? Is it the fact he's trained by one of the classiest and one day future Hall of Fame trainer, Freddie Roach? Could it be that he's just plain likable? I'm going to say it's all of the above and more.

Here's the complete article:

http://www.ringsidereport.com/Tremble292005.htm

J !
02-10-2005, 07:13 AM
jesus. :rolleyes:

what next manny for president. Or perhaps chairman of the United nations.

he makes everyone likes him, how do you know, taken a poll in america have you Illbet you as much as you like that amongst boxing fans most in the Us will be shouting for Morales, most non boxing fans in american wouldnt even know who he is.

keep deluding yourself. More nonsense from blind patriotic fans, I cant wait til pac gets his ass handed to him to hear what all you guys are gonna say.

this really takes the biscuit.

rokness
02-10-2005, 07:38 AM
If we had had more money from HBO we probably would've gone ahead and made Pacquiao-Marquez," Arum admitted. "But since we didn't and the fighters weren't satisfied with the money available and since I didn't think Pacquiao-Marquez was a pay-per-view fight, the alternative was to do Morales-Pacquiao."

psychopath
02-10-2005, 08:04 AM

he makes everyone likes him, how do you know, taken a poll in america have you Illbet you as much as you like that amongst boxing fans most in the Us will be shouting for Morales, most non boxing fans in american wouldnt even know who he is.

keep deluding yourself. More nonsense from blind patriotic fans, I cant wait til pac gets his ass handed to him to hear what all you guys are gonna say.

What's your problem? More nonsense from blind patriotic fans?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pso_junior/crosseyed.gif Can't you read? This is from an american writer. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pso_junior/happy.gif

You are just getting insecure because of the attention Pacquiao is getting . . . how PATHETIC. Are you losing sleep over these write ups?

Find articles of your beloved fighters (if you can :D )and post it too, that may make you breath easier.

kadyo
02-10-2005, 08:47 AM

You are barking at the wrong tree. Tell that to Tremble, the writer of the article. Maybe he is a pac nuthuuger himself! :D

J !
02-10-2005, 09:54 AM
im not insecure mate, im just sick of the overhyping of your man, he is this he is that, he aint proved **** yet, all he has done is beat an unfocussed barerra and got a boxing lesson off marquez, that dont make him a great.

and i was referring to the artcile as well but you felt the need to post along with the other 5 thousan ****in pacquio is the greatest threads.

****ing stop sucking him off and get a reality check.

Chups
02-10-2005, 11:14 AM
and got a boxing lesson off marquez, that dont make him a great.

Tell me the truth would you rather be Marquez or Pacquiao in that fight? Never seen so many blood dripping in a fight. It took 8 Q-tips to hold it off. :D

J !
02-10-2005, 11:26 AM
whatever mate, marquez won that fight pac was very lucky to get a draw.

Im impartial too but I am sick of this constant hyping of pac, its turning people off him.

he is a good fighter with a lot of poetential but you lot carry on like he is the second coming.

its sad and pathetic.

speedracerxxx888
02-10-2005, 01:09 PM

go and **** yourself!!!

speedracerxxx888
02-10-2005, 01:12 PM
whatever mate, marquez won that fight pac was very lucky to get a draw.

Im impartial too but I am sick of this constant hyping of pac, its turning people off him.

he is a good fighter with a lot of poetential but you lot carry on like he is the second coming.

its sad and pathetic.
Says who? YOU? Your not credible!!! The person who wrote the article is credible!

psychopath
02-10-2005, 03:41 PM
im not insecure mate, im just sick of the overhyping of your man, he is this he is that, he aint proved **** yet, all he has done is beat an unfocussed barerra and got a boxing lesson off marquez, that dont make him a great.

and i was referring to the artcile as well but you felt the need to post along with the other 5 thousan ****in pacquio is the greatest threads.

****ing stop sucking him off and get a reality check.

Oh you are sick of over HYPING . . . this is boxing Man. That is how it goes. Same with what they did to ALI, Leonard, Duran, Hearns, De la Hoya, Tyson and even the Klitschos :D Don't get irritated because I posted this for those who appreciates not to get the ire of the Pac haters like you. The fact is Pacquiao is the man today . . .and you people hates it. Stop hating man, check other websites and find out for yourself how many articles they have for the guy. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pso_junior/happy.gif
Don't jump on my neck for posting and sharing an article from other sources. I never trash anybody here in this site for posting CRAPS and BULL****S . . . so remember JPW you started this.
http://img1.yoxio.com/img/136869.gif (http://www.yoxio.com)

J !
02-11-2005, 05:28 AM
mate look at speedracers posts for the reasons.

maybe i had a go at you for the wrong reasons but its guys like this that turn you into a hater.

i used to love pac, now i cant stand him due to grade a asswipes like this guy.

He is overhyped by some people like it or not, i had a debate the other day about him being a top five featherwights of all time, :eek: how the frigg is that, cos he beat barrerra and drew with marquez, hardly warrants him to be mentioned in the same breath as Pep, saddler, armstrong, nelson, sanchez, does it.

far from doing manny any favours, people like Speedracer are turning the impartial fan off Pac.

oh and speedracer if ever you come to london do let me know wont you. id love to meet you. :mad:

czars_salad
02-11-2005, 05:34 AM

maybe i had a go at you for the wrong reasons but its guys like this that turn you into a hater.

He is overhyped by some people like it or not, i had a debate the other day about him being a top five featherwights of all time, :eek: how the frigg is that, cos he beat barrerra and drew with marquez, hardly warrants him to be mentioned in the same breath as Pep, saddler, armstrong, nelson, sanchez, does it.

far from doing manny any favours, people like Speedracer are turning the impartial fan off Pac.

oh and speedracer if ever you come to london do let me know wont you. id love to meet you. :mad:

will it be a date to remember?

keep it cool dude!

J !
02-11-2005, 05:37 AM
i can be difficult at times bro, cheers tho :cool:

psychopath
02-11-2005, 06:53 AM

No problem Bro . . . just treat us accordingly. I know you are one reasonable fellow that's why I was surprised to see you post like that. ;)

J !
02-11-2005, 07:15 AM
Ok i apologise i do know some of you pac fans are decent guys yourself jompac and have in fact enjoyed conversing with you in the past, sorry i had speedking pissing me off all day yesterday but thats not an excuse to have a go at the decent guys. However today is a new day please accept my humble apologies for any offence caused. ;)

kadyo
02-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Ok i apologise i do know some of you pac fans are decent guys yourself jompac and have in fact enjoyed conversing with you in the past, sorry i had speedking pissing me off all day yesterday but thats not an excuse to have a go at the decent guys. However today is a new day please accept my humble apologies for any offence caused. ;)

Hey , I know you are apologizing to pso. I didn't say anything bad to you yesterday. I said you are barking at the wrong tree and you gave me a very bad reply. :mad:

J !
02-11-2005, 08:06 AM
it was a generic apology, dont push your luck mate :D

kadyo
02-11-2005, 08:23 AM
it was a generic apology, dont push your luck mate :D

generic then. Okay mate no need of pushing luck here just be sensitive to others and don't generalise. ;)

AIR_KENG
02-11-2005, 09:09 AM
If we had had more money from HBO we probably would've gone ahead and made Pacquiao-Marquez," Arum admitted. "But since we didn't and the fighters weren't satisfied with the money available and since I didn't think Pacquiao-Marquez was a pay-per-view fight, the alternative was to do Morales-Pacquiao."
if manny wins over erik, i think hbo should be looking deeply into the MP-JMM fight because of all the hype it got when it was cancelled... and it will be a blockbuster so i hope hbo offers fair share to both fighters...

Drug Fiend
02-11-2005, 09:26 AM
did b-hop get same as dlh in thier bout..no..not even close
b-hop had three belts.dlh one (controversially won)
yet dlh made double (i think) what b-hop made.

i think because of erik and marco, juan doesnt get the same
coverage or fanbase.
pacquiao has an incredible following too so i think equal
pay in this business is ludicrous.

money has to be made by all.jmm should of taken the money.

surely if he beat pac convincingly hed be lined up for
the 2 opponents who apparently ducked him so long,
his 3 mexican compatriots erik and marco

i think jmm is worried he may lose and his belts may never be re won

J !
02-11-2005, 10:36 AM
generic then. Okay mate no need of pushing luck here just be sensitive to others and don't generalise. ;)

thanks for that mate, think i can work that out for myself, but if you had some ******* telling you to go **** yourelf all day you might find yourself generalising as well.

there was no offence menat ytoward you in fact i read through the posts and certainly none was aimed at you so chill bro ;)

psychopath
02-12-2005, 08:40 PM

As I said no problem Bro :) Apology well accepted. Just treat us accordingly. There are a lot of CRAZY . . . ILLOGICAL fans everywhere and it's not only Pac FANS. Sometimes we can all get irritated and emotional. . . reply strongly and hostile against provocations and it happens to me often. :D Infact I was already dragged into a TRASH TALKING and BULL**** war in 2 other threads because of a poster calling all Pac FANS gay and the other "ASIAN ******S" :D . . . anyway let's leave this thing behind . . . Peace!

Palma
02-13-2005, 03:31 PM

Ya! kind of similiar to how people started to jump on the Lennox Lewis bandwagon. I can't wait til he returns to the ring to get his British ass handed to him on a plate!

ispayder
02-13-2005, 10:52 PM
JPW - reading all your posts, it seems to me that you are still not convinced by Pacmans ring prowess. Would you bet some points for Morales then in their coming fight?

chito
02-13-2005, 11:52 PM

oh come on, man, don't be too harsh on this post. i don't see anything wrong with this. pacman is such a likeable person because of his friendly gestures towards boxing fans all over the world. you have to admit it yourself that it could be true that his popularity has gone up and he's considered by many in the U.S. as a boxing star. yes, it is very possible that he could lose by ko, but i don't think it could have an effect on his status as a boxing idol because he's already reached that.

noypi
02-14-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by JPW
jesus.
Originally Posted by JPW
jesus.

Hey Amigo, You don't know what the hell you are talkin about!. " Americans wouldn't even know Pacman". Pacman is one of the most exciting boxer right now period!!!! I saw the Pacman and Marquez fight live in Vegas. Guess what? different nationalities from different walks of life was cheering for Pacman and only Latino's cheering for Marquez. Plus, if He is not popular boxer, How come the odd's of betting was 10-6 with Pacquio heavily favored? Knowing Marquez is the title holder?!! Knowing all that, I think what you were sayin "DON'T MAKE SENSE" Ha ! HA!! By the way Pacman clearly won that fight, If not because of that one judge who made a mistake.!!!

MOre:
After the 3 knockdowns in the first round most of your Amigos gave up already and started mentioning Morales... Now I am thinking who next after Morales? Your Daddy perhaps!!! LOL

THRILLAinmanila
02-14-2005, 12:30 AM

JPW, I dislike that speedracer guy as much as you. So I hope you don't get to hate Pac because of some deluded fans of his. Peace.

THRILLAinmanila
02-14-2005, 12:31 AM
As I said no problem Bro :) Apology well accepted. Just treat us accordingly. There are a lot of CRAZY . . . ILLOGICAL fans everywhere and it's not only Pac FANS. Sometimes we can all get irritated and emotional. . . reply strongly and hostile against provocations and it happens to me often. :D Infact I was already dragged into a TRASH TALKING and BULL**** war in 2 other threads because of a poster calling all Pac FANS gay and the other "ASIAN ******S" :D . . . anyway let's leave this thing behind . . . Peace!

Hey pso I copied your nice sig. I hope its ok with you :cool:

BoxingAnalyst
02-15-2005, 04:18 PM

__________________________________________________ _______

Most in the US will be shouting for Morales. to what? to lose.
But it only matters in the end, when all will be cheering for Manny, even you. I'm sure, you just like denying it. :p

It's our dream to put Manny's picture in the living room of those anti-pac people when they finally convert to PacMania :D

ZEZ
02-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Be Coollll!!!!!!

ZEZ
02-16-2005, 03:04 AM
Be Coooooooooooll!!!!!