View Full Version : What heavyweight or so called heavyweight had the most padded record.

tommyhearns804
05-26-2006, 06:07 PM
As i was saying in another post about Dempsey and how half of his wins in his career were over guys making their pro debuts or had less than 3 wins at the time they fought Dempsey.Just look at boxrec.com.17 fights i believe against guys making their pro debuts another 15 against guys who only had a couple of fights.Add that to the fact the man wasn't a heavyweight to began with just a fighter who weighed about 190 and for the most part fought guys who were smaller than that.And the fact the ducked every black fighter period and even his knockout percentage is inflated by those little gloves fighters wore back then i dont see how any sane boxing fan can even say Dempsey was even good at fighting guys his own size..

joeytrimble
05-28-2006, 09:46 AM
now your talking !

Heckler
05-28-2006, 09:04 PM
how about... GEORGE FOREMAN.

LondonRingRules
05-28-2006, 09:47 PM
As i was saying in another post about Dempsey and how half of his wins in his career were over guys making their pro debuts or had less than 3 wins at the time they fought Dempsey.Just look at boxrec.com.17 fights i believe against guys making their pro debuts another 15 against guys who only had a couple of fights.Add that to the fact the man wasn't a heavyweight to began with just a fighter who weighed about 190 and for the most part fought guys who were smaller than that.And the fact the ducked every black fighter period and even his knockout percentage is inflated by those little gloves fighters wore back then i dont see how any sane boxing fan can even say Dempsey was even good at fighting guys his own size..
** Just when we think you can't get any dumber, YOU do.

Boxrec has incomplete records for most foreign fighters and early US fighters. They admit this. When have you admitted to ignorance?

tommyhearns804
05-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Heckler how about you suck my big black dong.And on that note i put another ignorant racist on ignore.

joeytrimble
05-28-2006, 11:16 PM
i'd call tommyhearns a hipocrit but he was just downing joe louis so that'd be invalid

i agree though with his dempsey remarks...call me ignorant all you want i just wasnt impressed ...takes more then beating the piss out of a non moveing target in willard to impress me

Da Iceman
05-28-2006, 11:23 PM
mike tyson, jim jeffries, all early white heavy champions.

tommyhearns804
05-28-2006, 11:39 PM
Joey buddy Joe Louis did fight alot of easy fights.He ducked all black men until his last 2 fights but he still fought better people than Jack Dempsey.I never seen a fighter who fought 17 fights against people making their pro debuts.
Every fighter fights some easy fights to began their career.Nothing is wrong with that.But i believe Dempsey's first 10 fights were against people who had 0 pro wins.And yet you asked most of people here about him and they will tell you this clown Dempsey is one of the greatest fighters of all time.I wonder what they base this on.Him being white or him fighting more bums in his career than any other fighter i know of who became world champion in any weight class.
In Foreman's 3rd pro fight he fought the tough and rugged Chuck Wepner.A man Ali would fight for the title years later.In Foreman's 12th fight i believe he fought Chuvalo another man Ali gave a title shot too.In Foreman's 15 or so fight he fought Peralta one the most underrated fighters in boxing history probably.A guy who finished his career with a record of something like 99 wins and 9 loses.Did Foreman fight alot of easy opponents to began his career?Sure he did but no more than a Ali or Tyson or any other young top prospect.
I made this post because i wanted to see you if you people go do more than just repeat yourselfs.Don't just give me the same people over and over.Find a new person with a padded record.Try as you may you will never find a fighter with a more padded record in the history of boxing who became champion.The only person who was worse that i fought was Lamar Clark.But this guy never became champion.Just look how many fighters who had 0 wins when this man fought them.40 or so guys had 0 wins when he fought him.Man this guy sucked.

ricecrispi
05-29-2006, 05:04 AM
I wouldn't totally dismissed Jack Dempsey. Many famous trainers and guys who know a lot about boxing place him up there for a reason but I wouldn't know why. I'd place him at 5 or 6. But I hardly seen the guy fight except for the bad clips and reading or hearing things.

Plus rules were different back then so it's hard to compare back in the days with today. Smaller gloves and no neutral corner.....

LondonRingRules
05-29-2006, 08:31 AM
Heckler how about you suck my big black dong.And on that note i put another ignorant racist on ignore.
** Boys and grrls, the above we all know belong on the "alternate lifestyle" board which is where dear Hearnsy should be doing his/her/it's trolling.

Hearnsy makes a good proof of the theory of diminishing intelligence of noggin to increasing rump mass ratio, commonly expressed as N/R=I, or 3lbs/200lbs=0.01333. Meaning of course that 98.666% of the population is smarter than Hearnsy and amazingly only 1.333% of the population manages to be dumber!

joeytrimble
05-29-2006, 09:05 AM
i hate when people say "so and so ducked black men" ... dude the times were like that it wasnt so much them ducking black men as it was the people just didnt wanna see it nobody would have paid!

your accuseing joe louis of ducking black men untill his last too fights? ...

here ye here ye ...this utter complete nimbisol is accuseing a black man of ducking his own kind...this is the kinda guy that goes to bed at night thinking blacks are superiour to whites because they have bigger bone density ..lol

Kid Canada
05-29-2006, 01:14 PM
I`d say Tyson and Marciano.

Abe Attell
05-29-2006, 01:21 PM
i hate when people say "so and so ducked black men" ... dude the times were like that it wasnt so much them ducking black men as it was the people just didnt wanna see it nobody would have paid!

your accuseing joe louis of ducking black men untill his last too fights? ...

here ye here ye ...this utter complete nimbisol is accuseing a black man of ducking his own kind...this is the kinda guy that goes to bed at night thinking blacks are superiour to whites because they have bigger bone density ..lol

Nobody would of paid to see a "white man" fight a "black man", I doubt it...lots of racist bastards back then would love to see a White man beat a black man to "put him in his place"...remember how many people showed up and paid for Jack Johnson fights, just hoping the "white man" would win.

Fact is, Blacks were avoided like the Plague because they were good.

Sullivan was scared to lose and so were the rest; they hid behind their own skin color trying to put down the Black fighter like he was no good, that he couldn't fight, so why bother.

For Jack Dempsey, it was more about his promoter than Jack himself not wanting to fight.

Even Jack Johnson didn't seem to want to risk fighting Black fighters after years of fighting them in his early years; why risk fighting a good black fighter when you can make lots of money fighting White fighters that might be easier.

machotime
05-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Mike Tyson, Corrie Sanders

joeytrimble
05-29-2006, 04:20 PM
see its funny while many blacks are accuseing us of ducking them they tend to say "blacks even ducked themselves instead to fight white because it might be easier...." ...how can you guys look in the mirror and saying we're the racist? you say the white man wouldnt fight blacks because they thought they were superior then when we do start fighting you we gotta hear about how blacks are naturally better then whites at it...and thats ok right? ...go talk to jesse jackson dick i dont wanna hear that hipcrit racist ****

blockhead
05-29-2006, 04:23 PM
sonny liston, mike tyson

blockhead
05-29-2006, 04:24 PM
and now valuev

BAREKNUCKLES
05-29-2006, 11:14 PM
Let's face it, black people were not hardly even treated as citizens back in those days. It was definitely racist and wrong, but that's how it was. Jack Johnson had a law created against him because of his taste for white women.A sad piece of history, but true.

That's how bad it was to be a black man in the last century. To say that Jack Dempsey sucked because he didn't fight black people is not fair to the guy. Jack Dempsey was a train jumping hobo before he hit the big time fighting. He fought for groceries.

Boxing was different in those days, and so was the country.

I enjoy watching a skilled fighter, no matter what color he was.

I'm white as Casper the ghost, but Muhammad Ali was my hero, and Evander Holyfield too.

So, let's judge fighters on their fighting, not their color, or what color of people they fought.

blockhead
05-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Let's face it, black people were not hardly even treated as citizens back in those days. It was definitely racist and wrong, but that's how it was. Jack Johnson had a law created against him because of his taste for white women.A sad piece of history, but true.

That's how bad it was to be a black man in the last century. To say that Jack Dempsey sucked because he didn't fight black people is not fair to the guy. Jack Dempsey was a train jumping hobo before he hit the big time fighting. He fought for groceries.

Boxing was different in those days, and so was the country.

I enjoy watching a skilled fighter, no matter what color he was.

I'm white as Casper the ghost, but Muhammad Ali was my hero, and Evander Holyfield too.

So, let's judge fighters on their fighting, not their color, or what color of people they fought.

good post. thanks for that.

LondonRingRules
05-30-2006, 12:32 AM
What you guys put out ain't boxing history. It's closer to Mother Grimm's Fairy Tales. Stick with modern boxing and maybe you can make some sense.

cobracore
05-30-2006, 07:37 AM
Tyson. Tyson.

Marciano.

Tyson. Tyson.

Tyson?

-Antonio-
05-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Tyson, padded record? If you call cleaning out the heavyweight division padding your record. He beat all the contenders at that time, he wasnt going around knocking out journymen.

-Antonio-
05-30-2006, 10:24 AM
George Foreman even admitting to padding his record, so Id go with him. Im not taking anythign away from him though. He actually won fights against good opponents, its not like he piled up 30 KOs against nobodies and lost to a top challenger.

Yaman
05-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Peter McNeely.
He got his ko%, and probably all of his wins against bums. Put in a good fighter in the ring with him and he'd lose.

George Foreman.
He has a lot of wins, and a high ko%. But he was padding his record before fighting Frazier, even at his comeback. but he has big wins so it cant be as bad as others.