View Full Version : Guard Up!

potatoes
05-17-2006, 04:22 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41414000/jpg/_41414374_ouch203.jpg

Jeff Lacy demonstates the reason why you trainer told you to keep your guard up.

Verstyle
05-17-2006, 04:23 PM

Jeff Lacy demonstates the reason why you trainer told you to keep your guard up.

that was so stupid

The_Russian
05-17-2006, 04:47 PM
The dude was in a special stance which is good for body protection n throwing hooks, but that doesnt excuse him for not dodging that jab, his right glove shoulda blocked that punch, n Jeff Lacy sucks, just look at how he throws his punches with his gaurd down, makes me wanna box em

RAESAAD
05-17-2006, 04:54 PM
The dude was in a special stance which is good for body protection n throwing hooks, but that doesnt excuse him for not dodging that jab, his right glove shoulda blocked that punch, n Jeff Lacy sucks, just look at how he throws his punches with his gaurd down, makes me wanna box em
:lol1: :lol1: I would love to see you fight him.Listen Lacy is a good fighter and the Lacy you saw vs Calzaghe was not the real Lacy.I am not taking anything away from Calzaghe he had a fine performance but lacy went into the fight with the wrong plan and when itfailed there was no Plan B.Also he did not throw any combos nearly the whole fight or listen to a word his corner had to say.Lacy will be back and stronger than ever.... :boxing:

Southpaw Stinger
05-17-2006, 05:10 PM
I would love to see you fight him.Listen Lacy is a good fighter and the Lacy you saw vs Calzaghe was not the real Lacy.I am not taking anything away from Calzaghe he had a fine performance but lacy went into the fight with the wrong plan and when itfailed there was no Plan B.Also he did not throw any combos nearly the whole fight or listen to a word his corner had to say.Lacy will be back and stronger than ever....

But it was still an extremely one sided ass whupen!

LightsOut Le
05-17-2006, 08:39 PM
every professional fighter has always had a fight whee he got his ass beat...ali versus frazier 1

roy jones...

you cant expect to box without gettign beat up

EXIGE
05-17-2006, 08:43 PM

You gonna pay me for the time I wasted looking at this thread?

potatoes
05-17-2006, 11:13 PM
:lol1: :lol1: I would love to see you fight him.Listen Lacy is a good fighter and the Lacy you saw vs Calzaghe was not the real Lacy.I am not taking anything away from Calzaghe he had a fine performance but lacy went into the fight with the wrong plan and when itfailed there was no Plan B.Also he did not throw any combos nearly the whole fight or listen to a word his corner had to say.Lacy will be back and stronger than ever.... :boxing:

It was the same "plan" he used against everybody else.

RAESAAD
05-17-2006, 11:15 PM
It was the same "plan" he used against everybody else.
Bull****......He usually fights alot better and throws plenty of Combos.I do believe it is Calzaghes fault he could not fight like normal but that was not Jeff Lacy...you obviously have not seen many of his fights.He has just never faced a guy with Calzaghes speed both hands and feet.

oliverlt
05-17-2006, 11:25 PM
But it was still an extremely one sided ass whupen!

sometimes boxers need that to get the hunger back although most times they never get it.

yrrej
05-18-2006, 12:00 AM
Maybe if he moved his head.....

potatoes
05-18-2006, 12:54 AM
Bull****......He usually fights alot better and throws plenty of Combos.I do believe it is Calzaghes fault he could not fight like normal but that was not Jeff Lacy...you obviously have not seen many of his fights.He has just never faced a guy with Calzaghes speed both hands and feet.

...yeah I agree, but then I was saying that BEFORE the fight happened not after.

RAESAAD
05-18-2006, 12:55 AM
...yeah I agree, but then I was saying that BEFORE the fight happened not after.
Fair enough......Team Lacy and myself along with many,many others were wrong.I give mad credit to Calzaghe and can't wait to see him in another huge fight. :boxing:

potatoes
05-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Fair enough......Team Lacy and myself along with many,many others were wrong.I give mad credit to Calzaghe and can't wait to see him in another huge fight. :boxing:

Actually I still think that Lacy has a good chance against Calzaghe. Obviously he will never evolve the skill that a 20 year Tyson had to hit and not get hit in a slugging match, nevertheless Lacy never really used his full ability. Instead of the usual headhunting, which is a failing strategy agianst an opponent of Calzaghe's caliber, his best chance would be to bull his way inside and work Calzaghe downstairs. Chopping off Calzaghe's legs is Lacy's only hope, yet he made little efort to do it, as I knew he wouldn't. I am not so sure how Calzaghe would react to Lacy hitting him with repeated full power body shots. Maybe he should try it?

hemichromis
05-19-2006, 04:03 PM
lacy simply wasnt used to people who could stand his punch and could fight back like tha

he underestimated joe which is strange beacuase joe is undefeated and has had the championship for 8 years but even us brits didn't think he could do it!

RAESAAD
05-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Actually I still think that Lacy has a good chance against Calzaghe. Obviously he will never evolve the skill that a 20 year Tyson had to hit and not get hit in a slugging match, nevertheless Lacy never really used his full ability. Instead of the usual headhunting, which is a failing strategy agianst an opponent of Calzaghe's caliber, his best chance would be to bull his way inside and work Calzaghe downstairs. Chopping off Calzaghe's legs is Lacy's only hope, yet he made little efort to do it, as I knew he wouldn't. I am not so sure how Calzaghe would react to Lacy hitting him with repeated full power body shots. Maybe he should try it?
Yeah that would be alot better of a strategy.

aljon
05-19-2006, 04:47 PM

what are you serious? i could demonstrate you hundreds of pics of a boxer getting hit from another boxer from their guard down, it's just the moment, dont base it on the picture...

WamBamThankUmam
05-19-2006, 04:56 PM
Avoid punches in close range, buddy.

The Raging Bull
05-28-2006, 11:46 AM
LMAO he got as good battering that night. ANd nearly everyone i know expected lacy to win. :p

potatoes
09-22-2006, 04:45 PM
what are you serious? i could demonstrate you hundreds of pics of a boxer getting hit from another boxer from their guard down, it's just the moment, dont base it on the picture...

.....that's why every competent trainer is always chanting "Get yur ****in' guard up!" Do they listen? NO!

LiLHopkins
09-22-2006, 05:14 PM

Yeah Lacy's plan was to KO Calzage in 3 rounds.

KingDosia
09-22-2006, 06:18 PM
.....that's why every competent trainer is always chanting "Get yur ****in' guard up!" Do they listen? NO!

Have you ever been in the ring?? Or better have you ever tried to fight a skilled boxer? Have you ever tried to cover head and body at the same time? Now that pic does demonstrate what will happen by letting your guard down against a boxer. As a swarming puncher I am well aware of the mistake's he made. But I understand what a boxer can do to a slugger. Do you? Why critisize? Get some experience outside of Joe frazier's book son. You'll find yourself appreciating the fighters side of the fight a little more. Unlike what you and the announcers say. "peeps who don't know ****" It's a diff world in there. You should check it out before you make another retarded thread.

fraidycat
09-22-2006, 06:28 PM
As a swarming puncher I am well aware of the mistake's he made. But I understand what a boxer can do to a slugger. Do you?

Uh -- serious question: In two weeks I'm going into my first fight (exhibition match for local gyms) and I'm a swarming puncher's swarming puncher. So far, the swarming puncher thing is working very well against guys from my gym -- our coach emphasizes "boxing" over swarming, and is big on distance guards, ranging jabs, etc. I do NOT know what kind of mistakes can be made, nor what a boxer can do to a slugger. I'd love to know, especially sooner than before I step into the ring.

Hints? Tips? Fights I can watch?

KingDosia
09-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Uh -- serious question: In two weeks I'm going into my first fight (exhibition match for local gyms) and I'm a swarming puncher's swarming puncher. So far, the swarming puncher thing is working very well against guys from my gym -- our coach emphasizes "boxing" over swarming, and is big on distance guards, ranging jabs, etc. I do NOT know what kind of mistakes can be made, nor what a boxer can do to a slugger. I'd love to know, especially sooner than before I step into the ring.

I FIGHT THE WAY I DO BECAUSE IM 5'11" AND WEIGH BETWEEN 220 - 240
MOST HAVE A HARD TIME DEALING WITH A HARD HITTER SWARMING TO THE BODY HEAD AND BACK USING 5-6 PUNCH COMBO'S JUMPING ON THEM AND KEEPING THE PRESSURE AS LONG AS THE FIGHT GOES (TAKES A LOT OF ENDURANCE TRAINING)YOU NBED EXCELENT DEFENSIVE SKILLS. I MEAN PERFECTION, IF YOU LOOK AT GUYS LIKE MIKE TYSON AND JACK DEMPSEY WHO FAUGHT WITH A SIMILIAR STYLE "I ADMIT I KINDA USE THOSE TWO AS A MODEL FOR MY OWN STYLE" THEY ARE VERY GOOD AT SLIPPING THE JAB AND COUNTERING WITH HOOKS AND UPPERCUTS. I RELENTLESSLY PRACTICE THIS SKILL WHILE SPARING. IN ADDITION TO USING THE SLIP BAG, SPRING BAG (REFLEX BAGS WORK TO) AND DOUBLE END BAG. I EVEN USE THE SPEED BAG AS A TOOL TO PRACTICE SLIPPING PUNCHES. A GOOD BOXER THAT CAN FIGHT EFFECTIVELY GOING BACKWARD CAN PICK US APART WITH JABS AND STRAIGT RIGHTS. ALONG WITH PATIENCE AND GOOD DEFENCE. IF THEY HAVE GOOD FOOTWORK IT WILL ALSO BE HARD TO KEEP A NUTRAL POSITION. KNOWING HOW TO BOB AND WEAVE WHEN THEY GET TO THE SIDE AND TRY TO THROW HOOKS WILL SAVE YOUR ASS TO. THE RULE OF THUMB IS TO BOX A SLUGGER AND BRAWL A BOXER. YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL THE FIGHT. THE BOXER IF SKILLED IS A MONSTER TO TRY TO OVER COME. I'VE FACED SOME GUYS WITH SO MUCH SKILL MATCHED WITH HAND SPEED THAT IT MADE FOR A HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS TO FIGURE OUT. AND LOOK WHAT HOLYFIELD AND LEWIS DID TO TYSON.
I'D SAY WATCH EARLY TYSON FIGHTS CLOSELY AND MIMICK THOSE MOVEMENTS "PRACTICE DON'T JUST TAKE IT TO THE RING" CHECK OUT DEMPSY AND EVERYBODY "THIS WILL GIVE POTATOES A HARD ON" CAN LEARN FROM SMOKIN JOE. THIS STYLE TAKES A LOT OF FEROCITY AND PERSISTANCE NOT TO MENTION TOUGHNESS. GOOD LUCK.

potatoes
09-22-2006, 11:36 PM

It is so unfortunate that many young aspiring fighters are in your position. You go to the gym, you try to train hard but you get poor quality training. There is just to many trainers out there who don't know boxing, and consequently have no idea how a man should develop his style. From what you have said it seems to me that your trainer is trying to get you to fight tall because the the scoring rules in the amateurs are biased towards tall boxers. It is an ugly reality that short sluggers have to live with, that is until they turn pro.

If joining a new boxing club is not an option then about all you can do is get some videos of various swarming sluggers and study them thoroughly. Mike Tyson is without a doubt the most talented and most skilfull swarming slugger ever seen in the heavyweight division. Study his technique, there is a lot to be learned. Tyson did a lot of things right and a lot of things wrong. Sometimes you can even hear Kevin Rooney giving him **** for fighting stupid! But no amount of videos can ever replace a good trainer.

Learning from your mistakes is not an easy thing to do, especially if you lack a qualified trainer to put things into perspective. Nevertheless, a skilfull boxer will punish you for your sins! I came away with a broken nose once, largely because I wasn't moving my head. Don't forget, chin down, guard up, move your head.......it might save your nose! :rolleyes:

fraidycat
09-23-2006, 01:45 AM
Thanks, 'tatoes. Too late for my nose; I had it busted already by a radial saw kickback. I ain't pretty no more.

My coach likes to teach "boxing," but he has seen what is working for me and -- to blow my own horn for a moment -- what is putting the fear of me into some of the others at my gym: I find slugging more effective given my build and temperament, and our trainers aren't screwing with it too much; the owner/coach just isn't a slugger and his top fighters are also not sluggers but I'm damn effective as a slugger. I guess these first few fights will tell the tale.

Part of me wants to learn "boxing" as opposed to "slugging" and I feel sometimes like I've been seduced by the Dark Side of The Force -- the quick and easy path, and all that. But I spar good, so far. My nicknames in the gym are currently "King Body Shot" and "Dozer."

If it's any indication, they have had a HELL of a time finding someone willing to go against a southpaw swarmer who benches 250+ and studies Dempsey. And I've only been fighting for 7 months. 2 of the 3 guys the trainers / gyms suggested said, "**** no," (to quote one of them directly, I **** thee not) after 3 rounds of sparring -- and that was only medium-contact. The guy they found -- if it's who I'm thinking of -- is also a southpaw with heavy hands and he's a little fireplug, 3" shorter than me and 10 lbs. lighter. He's a Latino and has that never-say-die, never-retreat temperament that's stereotypical (sorry!) of Latino fighters. If he's the guy, then it should be a good match. If it's NOT him, and it's a trained boxer who's figured out a workaround against a powerful, swarming puncher, then I'm ****ed. I'd be curious to know what those workarounds would be.

So I'm open to any further suggestions, much as Dosier put forth. Thanks, King; and thanks, 'Tatoes.

Immense Peace,

- "Dozer"

EDIT: I want to add that I think I'm getting very high quality training. There are enough belts on the wall of my gym to make me trust in what my coach and trainers are doing. My style just isn't the general style that's taught at my gym. So far, so good, though.

potatoes
09-24-2006, 03:54 AM
Thanks, 'tatoes. Too late for my nose; I had it busted already by a radial saw kickback. I ain't pretty no more.

My coach likes to teach "boxing," but he has seen what is working for me and -- to blow my own horn for a moment -- what is putting the fear of me into some of the others at my gym: I find slugging more effective given my build and temperament, and our trainers aren't screwing with it too much; the owner/coach just isn't a slugger and his top fighters are also not sluggers but I'm damn effective as a slugger. I guess these first few fights will tell the tale.

Part of me wants to learn "boxing" as opposed to "slugging" and I feel sometimes like I've been seduced by the Dark Side of The Force -- the quick and easy path, and all that. But I spar good, so far. My nicknames in the gym are currently "King Body Shot" and "Dozer."

If it's any indication, they have had a HELL of a time finding someone willing to go against a southpaw swarmer who benches 250+ and studies Dempsey. And I've only been fighting for 7 months. 2 of the 3 guys the trainers / gyms suggested said, "**** no," (to quote one of them directly, I **** thee not) after 3 rounds of sparring -- and that was only medium-contact. The guy they found -- if it's who I'm thinking of -- is also a southpaw with heavy hands and he's a little fireplug, 3" shorter than me and 10 lbs. lighter. He's a Latino and has that never-say-die, never-retreat temperament that's stereotypical (sorry!) of Latino fighters. If he's the guy, then it should be a good match. If it's NOT him, and it's a trained boxer who's figured out a workaround against a powerful, swarming puncher, then I'm ****ed. I'd be curious to know what those workarounds would be.

So I'm open to any further suggestions, much as Dosier put forth. Thanks, King; and thanks, 'Tatoes.

Immense Peace,

- "Dozer"

EDIT: I want to add that I think I'm getting very high quality training. There are enough belts on the wall of my gym to make me trust in what my coach and trainers are doing. My style just isn't the general style that's taught at my gym. So far, so good, though.

Perhaps I should ask you a question. Are you a puncher? The key to success as a swarming slugger is knockout power, without it you will have a tough road ahead of you. By now you know or should know that the lefthook (or righthook) to the body is a sluggers best friend. Can you drop your sparring partners to their knees if you hit them flush with a livershot? If not, you might want to consider changing your style.

fraidycat
09-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Can you drop your sparring partners to their knees if you hit them flush with a livershot? If not, you might want to consider changing your style.

Roger that. I can hit very, very hard, especially the close-quarters shovel hooks that the taller guys hate. As said above, one my nicknames at the gym is "King Body Shot." The few times I've gone full-speed with someone, each time my opponent has had to stop or at least take a second or two to "shake it off" after I landed a punch, usually to the body. I have big hands and tremendous core and leg strength. It's because of my confidence in my ability to hit that I have adopted the swarming puncher style.

KingDosia
09-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Roger that. I can hit very, very hard, especially the close-quarters shovel hooks that the taller guys hate. As said above, one my nicknames at the gym is "King Body Shot." The few times I've gone full-speed with someone, each time my opponent has had to stop or at least take a second or two to "shake it off" after I landed a punch, usually to the body. I have big hands and tremendous core and leg strength. It's because of my confidence in my ability to hit that I have adopted the swarming puncher style.

IT SEEMS YOU HAVE YOUR OFFENSIVE STYLE COMING TOGETHER, BUT WHAT OF YOUR DEFENSE? HITTING HARD ISNT' ENOUGH. IT HELPS TO HAVE POWER, BUT BELIEVE ME THE POWER SERVES NOTHING IF YOU DON'T GET THE CHANCE TO DELIVER. YOU NEED YOUR FEET, HEAD AND HANDS TO BE DEFENSIVE TOOLS AS WELL. PERHAPS MORE IPORTANT THAN HOW HARD OR HOW OFTEN YOU HIT SOMEBODY. I HAVE A HELL OF A TIME FINDING A SPARING PARTNER TO. OFTEN HAVE TO TRAVEL TO DIFFERENT GYMS TO SPAR. I USE TO LOOK JUST FOR TALL AND TECHNICAL BOXERS IT IS TRUE THAT JUDGING SYSTEMS IN THE AMATEURS FAVOR THAT FIGHTER. SO EVEN THOUGH I KNEW I HAD RAW POWER. AND HAVE DROPPED PLENTY WITH SHOTS TO THE BODY, I HAD TO TUNE MY DEFENSE. WHEN YOU WATCH DEMPSEY AND TYSON AND THERE WEAVING STYLE, YOU SEE IT THEY MAKE YOU MISS THEN MAKE YOU PAY DEARLY AND THATS THE GOAL WITH A SWARMER. A SLUGGER WILL WING POWER SHOTS AT UNPREDICTABLE INTERVALS "AT LEAST THAT IS HOW IM GOING TO CATAGORIZE THE DIFFERENCE" SWARMING SLUGGERS WHICH I CONSIDER MYSELF. NEED SPEED BALANCE AND DEFENSE EVEN AHEAD OF POWER. ITS TRUE TYSON HIT HARD AS HELL, BUT IT WASN'T SUPER HUMAN POWER SHOTS THAT KO'D HIS FIRTS 18 IT WAS BLISTERING SPEED AND KEEN DEFENSE. IF HE HAD THAT KIND OF POWER HE'S STILL BE DROPPING FOOLS TODAY. FACT IS YOU DON'T SEE THE 6-7 PUNCH COMBO'S TO THE BODY AND SUPER FAST HEAD BLOWS ANY MORE AND NOW ANYBODY WHO WANTS TO CAN BEAT HIM.
MY ADVICE IS CONTINUE TO PROVE YOURSELF AS THE HARDEST WORKER IN THE GYM, AS APOSED TO THE HARDEST PUNCHER. BUILD YOURSELF A TREMENDOUS ENDURANCE PROGRAM KEEPING THE BALANCE WITH STRENGTH AND SKILLS TRAINING. KEEP YOUR DEFENSIVE SKILLS IN YOUR MINDS FORSIGHT WITH THE SKILLS TRAINING MAYBE SPAR DEFENSE ONLY MORE OFTEN AND DEVELOPE THAT WEAVING STYLE US SHORTER GUYS CAN USE TO WRECK THE INSIDE. MATCH ALL OF THAT WITH YOUR POWER AND PRESTO. YOU GET YOURSELF A RECORD WORTH MENTIONING. NO DEFENSE AND A BOXER WILL PICK YOU APART. THATS THE NATURE OF THE BEAST THEY ARE EQUIPED TO DEFEAT YOU. REMEMBER THAT

potatoes
09-26-2006, 03:14 PM

Ok, you are a puncher.

Let me tell you one thing, every promoter, every manager and every trainer in the world WANTS a puncher! You have a gift which can be turned into a million dollar winner, or a million dollar loser, but millions are waiting for you. However, be sure to surround yourself with good people, because you can lose millions even faster than you can make them!

Who would you like to be on your team? Figure out who they are and go looking for them. They will put you in the ring to see what you can do. Just knockout whomever they put in front of you. Rocky Marciano could do it, and if indeed you have knockout power, you can too. If you get involved with the right people they will take you all the way to the top. The wrong people will flush you down the sewer.

KingDosia
09-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Ok, you are a puncher.

Let me tell you one thing, every promoter, every manager and every trainer in the world WANTS a puncher! You have a gift which can be turned into a million dollar winner, or a million dollar loser, but millions are waiting for you. However, be sure to surround yourself with good people, because you can lose millions even faster than you can make them!

Who would you like to be on your team? Figure out who they are and go looking for them. They will put you in the ring to see what you can do. Just knockout whomever they put in front of you. Rocky Marciano could do it, and if indeed you have knockout power, you can too. If you get involved with the right people they will take you all the way to the top. The wrong people will flush you down the sewer.

Whoa, hold up Potatoes. One step at a time. There are a lot of talanted people out there who have rused and are now in a bas situation, can't even get a fight due to legalities "myself included" Besides he was asking because he hadn't proved his style in the ring yet. Or at least thats what I assume by the questions asked. Your advice sounds like somthing out of Fraziers book, :nonono: Somthing that should also be mentioned is Trainers have fallen into the practice of not only rushing young fighters because they have impressive talent, but seeing there power and focusing only on that one atribute. My advice and this comes from experience. not a book. Is to build a reputable amateur career. Make sure you want this lifestyle. Get some good esposure. Look for any and every national event. Trials for US boxing is coming up! try to get there. Ringside just had a huge tournement, would have been a big plus for him to have made it there. Your skills have to be perfected. Yes Pro boxing is very different than amateur, however your skills in the ring as far a fundementals go need to be deeply set into your style. Besides, if you are going to fight with the particular style you mention, you need to face the obstical of U.S amateur boxing's favortism of a more orthodox method of boxing, winning by there judging system would only make that style more effective profesionally. "in a way" Also make contact with everybody you can in the boxing world get your name out there. You may want Emanual Stewart as your trainer. That doesnt' mean Douva isn't the man for you. "just examples" And if you can get a telivised fight bend over backwards to take it. But be known while you are coming up. You have to live a special lifestyle I mean live, eat, sleep Boxing.

fraidycat
09-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah, hold up. I'm a puncher, but I'm a 36-year old puncher who's just now getting his first fight. A little late for me to go pro. I just want to prove something to myself. Once I step through those ropes in eleven days, my journey is complete, my friends. I may stick with boxing as a hobby after that -- we'll just see how bad I get beaten up -- but the big day is coming up fast. I don't chicken out in the locker room, I give whatever I've got when I step on the canvas, and I've got what I came for. I'll have come a long -- LONG -- way.

****, the first time I got hit hard, six months ago, I threw up. Then I went home and cried. Me? That guy? In a match? HELL, yeah! :boxing: That's all this is about.

fraidycat
09-26-2006, 04:29 PM
More:

People notice a difference in me. My posture, my face, the set of my shoulders and my jaw. Not only am I 35 lbs. lighter (165.5 this morning!) but I've got a confidence in my stare that people have actually commented on. Plus the fact that, in confrontation -- even trivial crap at my job or in the parking lot at a club -- people don't screw with me anymore.

The husband of a friend of my wife asked me where I was stationed not too long ago. He's career Navy and he took me for a Marine. He said he was very surprised that I wasn't military. "Your posture, your eyes, you've got that presence. Really? You've never been in the service?"

"Nope," I replied. One of the nicest things anyone's said to me in a long time.

KingDosia
09-26-2006, 06:02 PM
More:

People notice a difference in me. My posture, my face, the set of my shoulders and my jaw. Not only am I 35 lbs. lighter (165.5 this morning!) but I've got a confidence in my stare that people have actually commented on. Plus the fact that, in confrontation -- even trivial crap at my job or in the parking lot at a club -- people don't screw with me anymore.

The husband of a friend of my wife asked me where I was stationed not too long ago. He's career Navy and he took me for a Marine. He said he was very surprised that I wasn't military. "Your posture, your eyes, you've got that presence. Really? You've never been in the service?"

"Nope," I replied. One of the nicest things anyone's said to me in a long time.

THATS SOME COOL AS ****. LET ME WARN U THIS IS AN ADICTION, IT GETS IN YOUR BLOOD AND YOUR HOOKED. ESPECIALY WHEN YOU FLOOR YOUR FIRST VICTOM. IT'LL ALWAYS BE MORE THAN A HOBBY. AND THERES ALWAYS SEMI PRO. THERES SOME GOOD COMPETITION THERE NOT ALL BUMS. CHECK IT OUT AT www.semiproboxing.org THERES SOME OTHER ORGANIZATIONS TO. YOU MIGHT JUST FALL IN LOVE WITH IT. :boxing:

potatoes
09-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Yeah, hold up. I'm a puncher, but I'm a 36-year old puncher who's just now getting his first fight. A little late for me to go pro. I just want to prove something to myself. Once I step through those ropes in eleven days, my journey is complete, my friends. I may stick with boxing as a hobby after that -- we'll just see how bad I get beaten up -- but the big day is coming up fast. I don't chicken out in the locker room, I give whatever I've got when I step on the canvas, and I've got what I came for. I'll have come a long -- LONG -- way.

****, the first time I got hit hard, six months ago, I threw up. Then I went home and cried. Me? That guy? In a match? HELL, yeah! :boxing: That's all this is about.

36?

Sorry, for some reason I thought you were 15 years younger. Ok, have a few fights, it will be fun. At your age nobody (who is anybody) is going to take you very seriously. If you get too many knockouts, opponents will just duck you and that will be the end of it.