View Full Version : Weight Gain Help Please

The_Russian
05-16-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm trying to get into the Super Middleweight weightclass n I currently weigh 158, what is the healthiest n most efficient way to gain the weight without losin my punching speed (that means I don't want to weight train with heavy weights) any suggestions?

Banderivets
05-17-2006, 12:01 AM
I recomend protein shakes...keep working out the way you do just drink protein shakes before bed, in the morning and during work outs.

The_Russian
05-17-2006, 12:11 AM
yeah I was thinking about that, thanks for your help, any particular protein brands I should get? I hear IsoProtein is good

Banderivets
05-17-2006, 12:24 AM
yeah I was thinking about that, thanks for your help, any particular protein brands I should get? I hear IsoProtein is good

I get Mammoth InterACTIVE brand. It's Canadian so I pay less tax on it, plus its generaly cheap...I bet the other brands are better but this one is nice and cheap. Since I can get 4 kilos for 50$.

Just google "protein powder" and read some reviews, and consider the price.

oliverlt
05-17-2006, 12:27 AM
I'm trying to get into the Super Middleweight weightclass n I currently weigh 158, what is the healthiest n most efficient way to gain the weight without losin my punching speed (that means I don't want to weight train with heavy weights) any suggestions?

go to Whataburger get a number two with cheese and bacon.

wojewodztwo_pl
05-17-2006, 12:37 PM
if you want to gain some weight try a protein powder with more carbs in it. because if your training hard, as you would be, n only taking protein shakes, your body will be looking for carbs for longterm n shortterm energy, so if you dont have enuf carbs in your diet, it will start eating away at your muscles. i would prob recommend a powder with maybe 60-70% protein, n 30-40% carbs.

goodluck, and if you need extra advice you should ask your trainer, because he knows what your workout schedule is, so he could base his decision on all that ****.

narazie

cobracore
05-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Do it the toney way - burger king.

It's the easiest form of weight training ;)

SryNoAutographs
05-17-2006, 05:23 PM
I do it the "Toney" way and it aint working...

The_Russian
05-17-2006, 10:57 PM
nah, I don't wanna end up looking like toney :p
I'ma compete with people around Calazghe's n Jeff Lacy's weight.

yrrej
05-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Yeah, don't worry about your weight....

machotime
05-18-2006, 12:08 AM
Why would you wanto gain weight, especially force yourself to gain, that is a bad idea in boxing. Also, you say you want to get into the supermiddle (168),...are you in the pros? If you weight 158 in the amatuers you should be fighting in the < or = 165 weight class.

Choose a weight that you are comfortable with, not one that you have to force yourself into.