View Full Version : some ideas please...

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Im 16 years old, im about 5'9 and my walking around weight is 135. By walking around i mean eating fast food,pizza and all that junk. I fought once and it was at 132, i won by KO by the way. Just curious, do some people here,who know what they are talking about, think i could go to lower weight classes? Im sure i could lose more than 3 pounds before a fight because i see pros comin down over 20 pounds for a fight. Now i dont wanna dehydrate myself or anything though. Do you think i coulg go to a lower division? and how low do you think I could get down to?

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Im thinkin low 120s maybe?

oliverlt
05-16-2006, 09:13 PM
Im 16 years old, im about 5'9 and my walking around weight is 135. By walking around i mean eating fast food,pizza and all that junk. I fought once and it was at 132, i won by KO by the way. Just curious, do some people here,who know what they are talking about, think i could go to lower weight classes? Im sure i could lose more than 3 pounds before a fight because i see pros comin down over 20 pounds for a fight. Now i dont wanna dehydrate myself or anything though. Do you think i coulg go to a lower division? and how low do you think I could get down to?

untill you hit pro just fight at your normal weight or losing 3 pounds wouldn't hurt. Amutuers is just practice and doesn't mean ****. Your amutuer record and a dollar will only get you a burger at McDonalds.

RAESAAD
05-16-2006, 09:15 PM
**** you are 5'9 you could stay at 135 and use you height until you move up later in your career.

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-16-2006, 09:30 PM
**** you are 5'9 you could stay at 135 and use you height until you move up later in your career.

yea lol thats why i wanna move down and jus scare the ***** out of *****s when i walk in the ring,lol. I think im going to try fighting at about around 126 though.

RAESAAD
05-16-2006, 09:32 PM
yea lol thats why i wanna move down and jus scare the ***** out of *****s when i walk in the ring,lol. I think im going to try fighting at about around 126 though.
Thats smart since you are still just 16....But don't limit your potenial by trying to be to light for too long.

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Any ideas how i could get from 135 to 126? Diets, certain training techniques?

RAESAAD
05-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Any ideas how i could get from 135 to 126? Diets, certain training techniques?
at 5'9......Starvation is the only thing that comes to mind and alot of cardio of course.Ask Oscar Larios..... :D

Banderivets
05-16-2006, 09:47 PM
wow at 5/9???

126?

Man that just sounds unhealthy.

I dont even know how you are at 135.

I know guys 5/9 who are 140 and they are dead skinny.

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-16-2006, 10:25 PM
I dont know, im not even that skinny. I have big shoulders,big biceps,very skinny forearms and wrists,big hands,very skinny legs,very thin waist. Most people think I way about 145 and when they find out i weigh 135 they are like damn. But i really think i can gte down to 126. I eat very unhealthy,lots of cookies,pizza,fast food,tons of greasy spanish food,but i cant go without my spanish food,lol. But i think if i eat right and keep training i can get down to 126 around there.

Kayo
05-16-2006, 10:46 PM
**** i dont even remember when i was 135...and i've only got an inch on you

Dye
05-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Oscar i heard would only eat a apple in high school for lunch every day

mgkirkpatrick
05-17-2006, 12:04 AM
**** man.. i wouldnt think you'd be able to hold much power if u got n e lighter..

Kayo
05-17-2006, 12:14 AM
Oscar i heard would only eat a apple in high school for lunch every day
i eat an apple before lunch and after lunch....**** i couldnt do that

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-17-2006, 12:34 AM
**** man.. i wouldnt think you'd be able to hold much power if u got n e lighter..

im not being conceided or anything, but i actually have very good power. I drop people all the time in sparring and most the kids are scared to spar with me. But i see what you are saying, if i lose to uch weight i will be weak. But i think just by not eating as much junk food,eating halthy,and training hard i should be able to make 126.

JoeTheRock7
05-17-2006, 10:22 AM
im not being conceided or anything, but i actually have very good power. I drop people all the time in sparring and most the kids are scared to spar with me. But i see what you are saying, if i lose to uch weight i will be weak. But i think just by not eating as much junk food,eating halthy,and training hard i should be able to make 126.

Yo honestly the pros are much different than amateurs, in the pros guys like diego corralres can go to 135 because the pros have a whole day to rehydrate themselves after the weigh in. In the amateurs u weigh in that day so you have to be around ur every day weight. I'm 5'6 135 but I ain't scared of you, i believe you have some power, tall wiry guys usually do. But you wouldnt scare me by looking like a sickly skinny guy, i may laugh, but i wouldnt be scared. height aint nothing if you dont use it.

yrrej
05-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Who knows? Check your fat percentage....

potatoes
05-18-2006, 12:44 AM

Don't worry about your body weight, size is overrated. You should get yourself in top shape, perfect your boxing skills and let your weight will take care of itself. If you are unable to compete at your natural weight you should find another sport.

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-18-2006, 12:55 AM
Yo honestly the pros are much different than amateurs, in the pros guys like diego corralres can go to 135 because the pros have a whole day to rehydrate themselves after the weigh in. In the amateurs u weigh in that day so you have to be around ur every day weight. I'm 5'6 135 but I ain't scared of you, i believe you have some power, tall wiry guys usually do. But you wouldnt scare me by looking like a sickly skinny guy, i may laugh, but i wouldnt be scared. height aint nothing if you dont use it.

JoeTheRock7
05-18-2006, 11:14 AM
I dont expect you to be scared of me. But after you seen me whipe some people out like i can i bet you would be scared. And by the way i dont look sickly skinny. Im looking at your pic, and you dont seem to intimidating.I like the way you put your hands under your biceps to push them up and make them look bigger,lol cant say ive never done that lol. And i use my height very well. I have a great trainer from New Bedford MA, Nate Livramento, he has worked with guys like Ray Oliveira, Scott Pemperton, Paul Delgado, Vernon Forrest, John Ruiz and some others. We also have 4 amateur champs at my gym including my brother. In other words, my trainer knows what he is doing and teaches me to fight very well. But i was just checking to see if any of you guys could help but apparently everyone thinks its unhealthy.

I never said you couldn't fight well, but I do think that 126 would be skinny for you. My point was that in the pros guys can pull it off but in the amateurs you do not have a day to rehydrate. I think you would look sickly skinny at 126 maybe not at 135, its 9 lbs big difference. good luck with your career, didnt mean no bad intetntions but i just thinkk at your height in the amateurs you're better suited at 132. Good luck tho, i dont remember pushin out my biceps in that picture, but i dont deny it.

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-18-2006, 11:46 PM
I never said you couldn't fight well, but I do think that 126 would be skinny for you. My point was that in the pros guys can pull it off but in the amateurs you do not have a day to rehydrate. I think you would look sickly skinny at 126 maybe not at 135, its 9 lbs big difference. good luck with your career, didnt mean no bad intetntions but i just thinkk at your height in the amateurs you're better suited at 132. Good luck tho, i dont remember pushin out my biceps in that picture, but i dont deny it.

You cant see me in person so you can't really see the real thing, so I can see why you might think I would look sickly skinny. Yea I know what you are saying about the pros and amateur difference. But i just think if i stop eating all kinds of junk food and eat right i will be able to make 126. I make 132 like nothing, by eating chocolate bars,fast food,pizza, greasy spanish food, and all that good stuff. I just think if i eat right and trian hard i could make 126 beacuse i make 132 so easily without eating right or anything. Plus me fighting at 126 would push me to train hard and eat right you know? But thanks, and good luck with your career too. That is if you are a fighter which i am assuming you are. So good luck. lol i dont know if i believe you dont remeber pushing up your biceps but i will say i believe you ;)

JoeTheRock7
05-19-2006, 12:05 AM
You cant see me in person so you can't really see the real thing, so I can see why you might think I would look sickly skinny. Yea I know what you are saying about the pros and amateur difference. But i just think if i stop eating all kinds of junk food and eat right i will be able to make 126. I make 132 like nothing, by eating chocolate bars,fast food,pizza, greasy spanish food, and all that good stuff. I just think if i eat right and trian hard i could make 126 beacuse i make 132 so easily without eating right or anything. Plus me fighting at 126 would push me to train hard and eat right you know? But thanks, and good luck with your career too. That is if you are a fighter which i am assuming you are. So good luck. lol i dont know if i believe you dont remeber pushing up your biceps but i will say i believe you ;)

Thanks man, i wish ya luck too, im in training right now i havent had my first fight yet due to torn ligaments and tendons in my ankle. i ****ed it up real bad and had to put a halt on training, im in high school missed my whole junior year of baseball all 23 games. it really sucked. i'll be gettin back into it soon.didnt mean to be a dick with the whole thing, if you have a good metabolism you are lucky, mine sucks. I'm barely 5'6 and i have to struggle to keep weight down especially with the injury no running. i'm gonna try to fight at 132 or 126.i may have pushed my biceps that day i just dont recall that day but i have before lol. whats your record by the way?

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-19-2006, 12:14 AM
Thanks man, i wish ya luck too, im in training right now i havent had my first fight yet due to torn ligaments and tendons in my ankle. i ****ed it up real bad and had to put a halt on training, im in high school missed my whole junior year of baseball all 23 games. it really sucked. i'll be gettin back into it soon.didnt mean to be a dick with the whole thing, if you have a good metabolism you are lucky, mine sucks. I'm barely 5'6 and i have to struggle to keep weight down especially with the injury no running. i'm gonna try to fight at 132 or 126.i may have pushed my biceps that day i just dont recall that day but i have before lol. whats your record by the way?

that suks about ligaments and ***** but hey ***** happens. I was out of boxing for a while due to breaking my hand,twice. My record is only 1-0 (1 KO). I fought once and it was over a year ago, but like i said i have had two broken hands. One from being stupid and punching a wall when i was mad and one from boxing. But im training right now and im fightin the first Saturday of June, probably ay 132. Then after that im going to start trying to make 126.

JoeTheRock7
05-19-2006, 12:40 AM
Yea injuries suk, good luck wit your career man at any weight u fight at.