View Full Version : what do you think.... is flirting healthy or unhealthy?

* FeistyWench *
05-13-2006, 08:50 PM
so here's the question...
if you are in a committed relationship, is harmless e-flirting or "e-relationships" a healthy thing or is it unhealthy and bad for your real relationship? What i mean by harmless, is that you don't take it beyond the internet. you don't plan to meet this person or pursue anything real. it doesn't mean anything and it is done purely in a joking manner.

i am happily married and am pregnant with my second child. yet, i do flirt online because i view it as harmless fun and a very healthy thing to do. i generally don't flirt in my "real" life, so doing it online, as a married female, seems like a safe and healthy outlet to do so.
i think many of us say things (make posts) that we would normally never say in real life because of the anonimity that the internet provides.

RAESAAD
05-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Nothing wrong with it as long as you know the difference.

* FeistyWench *
05-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Nothing wrong with it as long as you know the difference.
exactly.

i think 99.9% of the e-flirting on this forum by members in committed relationships are done in jest, yet not everyone realize this.

Scottie2Hottie
05-14-2006, 12:25 PM
omfg, if my girlfriend e-flirted online i would break up with her so fast.

i kid of course. real life flirting, however, will lead to real life violence.

oliverlt
05-14-2006, 12:51 PM
exactly.

i think 99.9% of the e-flirting on this forum by members in committed relationships are done in jest, yet not everyone realize this.

Lenox Lewis once said "Everything is legal until the Ref takes a point"

MickyHatton
05-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Its harmless, its highly unlikely that many of us will ever meet so....

Everyone flirts at some time, most smile and walk away, some don't and that's between them, their partners and their conscience!

2nd II none
05-14-2006, 02:12 PM
I think it's harmless,however i think there is a fine line between flirting and actually meaning it.

Boxclever
05-14-2006, 02:12 PM
if you are in a committed relationship, is harmless e-flirting or "e-relationships" a healthy thing or is it unhealthy and bad for your real relationship? What i mean by harmless, is that you don't take it beyond the internet. you don't plan to meet this person or pursue anything real. it doesn't mean anything and it is done purely in a joking manner.

i am happily married and am pregnant with my second child. yet, i do flirt online because i view it as harmless fun and a very healthy thing to do. i generally don't flirt in my "real" life, so doing it online, as a married female, seems like a safe and healthy outlet to do so.
i think many of us say things (make posts) that we would normally never say in real life because of the anonimity that the internet provides.

I Think it's cool :cool: how could I say otherwise :o

rocco1252
05-14-2006, 02:19 PM
I dont see anything wrong with it, although everyone is different. I think if you ensure him that the only place it stays is in a forum and you dont mean it. It's harmless chat until the real fun begins when he gets there. :D

Da Iceman
05-14-2006, 02:49 PM
nothing is wrong with flirting. whoever thinks otherwise is a virgin.

The Noose
05-14-2006, 04:34 PM

I think u know the answer Wenchy.

* FeistyWench *
05-14-2006, 06:43 PM
I think u know the answer Wenchy.
yes I do know the answer. i view it as harmless because what i do is harmless and you are my favorite of my e-flirtations cause you have become a great friend. we KNOW that we are joking despite what others may think. :rolleyes:

The Noose
05-15-2006, 12:25 AM
yes I do know the answer. i view it as harmless because what i do is harmless and you are my favorite of my e-flirtations cause you have become a great friend. we KNOW that we are joking despite what others may think. :rolleyes:

YEA! TAKE THAT WORLD!!:)

Its about bloody time too.

But seriously. Whoever put the idea into ur head that ur flirting is wrong, needs to spend more time trying to eat their own arse.

How could we not possibly flirt? Ur a lady, and im all man. Kinda like David Hasselhoff (when he was in Knight Rider) sharing a cab with Burt Reynolds, and eventhough theyre not saying anything to each other, u know that they are both thinking about Farah Fawcett.

oliverlt
05-15-2006, 12:27 AM
I don't think e-flirting is wrong. But Oasis_lad takes it too far. I mean I don't think he's just playing.

EXIGE
05-15-2006, 01:31 PM
Oasis_F4g doesnt take it too far.

Oh yeah its against my religion to flirt, so please dont do it! :mad:

* FeistyWench *
05-15-2006, 02:18 PM
i don't feel guilty flirting because i know it is nothing more than just that...
some people may be looking for more, but i am not.
unfortunately, becuase i am a female (who is married, with a litle boy, and pregnant), apparently there is a double standard.
it is not ok for me to flirt but it is okay for the other married men on this site to flirt. :rolleyes:

i don't feel i need to justify myself to anyone cause my
"e-friends" know me and know i just joke around, just like they do. just like the other females on this site do. it makes it interesting.

however, i was curious if this particular poster/member was the only one who thought it was inappropriate for married females to flirt online. either way it is this person's problem not mine. get over it.

JDizzle79
05-15-2006, 02:19 PM
hey pretty lady...hows it goign? Weel, I see nothing wrong with it. Who told you that anyhow...Bloodshed aka Flyyy?

* FeistyWench *
05-15-2006, 02:28 PM
hey pretty lady...hows it goign? Weel, I see nothing wrong with it. Who told you that anyhow...Bloodshed aka Flyyy?
no, not him. lol!
just someone who i think is trying to push my buttons.
maybe jealous that i don;t flirt with him. lol!

JDizzle79
05-15-2006, 02:31 PM
no, not him. lol!

well, they are jealous. don't let these knuckleheads get to you. How was mothers day? good?

EXIGE
05-15-2006, 02:34 PM
no, not him. lol!
Badblood is my guess....

* FeistyWench *
05-15-2006, 03:15 PM
well, they are jealous. don't let these knuckleheads get to you. How was mothers day? good?
uneventful. my husband had to work. :(

but i got a nice gift.

JDizzle79
05-15-2006, 05:13 PM
well, hopefully the next one will be better. Damn, I just finished mowing my yard and its like 88 degrees out, sun just shining...I got a good tan already! lol

The Noose
05-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Kinda like David Hasselhoff (when he was in Knight Rider) sharing a cab with Burt Reynolds, and eventhough theyre not saying anything to each other, u know that they are both thinking about Farah Fawcett.

In my honest opinion this was one of my finest moments.

Also, theres nothin wrong with a bit of harmless flirting. Especially wen u live a billion miles away from each other.

Its just a laugh, and a bit of a game.

Boxclever
05-16-2006, 03:15 PM
flirting is fine :cool:

* FeistyWench *
05-16-2006, 03:18 PM
flirting is fine :cool:
well as long as you think so, missy, then it HAS to be okay!
lol! ;) :D
we females gotta stick together. :boxing:

The Noose
05-16-2006, 03:22 PM

Yea. Maybe even take a bath together.

Papa Ace
05-17-2006, 04:05 AM
deym! i have flirting for breakfast ;)

The Noose
05-17-2006, 04:51 PM
deym! i have flirting for breakfast ;)

I have lamb.

* FeistyWench *
05-17-2006, 05:01 PM
I have lamb.
yuck...
then again you aren't up early enough for breakfast :D

The Noose
05-17-2006, 05:25 PM
yuck...

Listen sweety, im up plenty early. Im just jetlagged. And lamb is better than cocopops!

* FeistyWench *
05-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Listen sweety, im up plenty early. Im just jetlagged. And lamb is better than cocopops!
you are NOT jetlagged! you don't travel~

what exactly is early to you? 5 PM? lol! ;) :p

guardian
05-17-2006, 11:45 PM
uneventful. my husband had to work. :(

but i got a nice gift.
Youre married???!!! DAMN!!! :D

The Noose
05-17-2006, 11:46 PM
you are NOT jetlagged! you don't travel~

what exactly is early to you? 5 PM? lol! ;) :p

Listen luv, im a free spirit, i wake wen i feel like it. Could be noon, it could be 5pm.

And wat would a young'n like u know about jetlag??
Fly over here sometime and il bloody show u jetlag!!

guardian
05-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Youre married???!!! DAMN!!! :D
Can we call this :haha: Flirting???

* FeistyWench *
05-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Can we call this :haha: Flirting???
yes, and i like it! ;) :D

Boxclever
05-19-2006, 02:32 PM

you're sooooooooo right :)

phallus
05-20-2006, 04:23 PM
yuck...

i'm always UP, tasty wench

* FeistyWench *
05-20-2006, 04:32 PM
i'm always UP, tasty wench
lol! i am sure that you are beeatch! ;) :D

EXIGE
05-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Fiesty Wench, I want to eat your.....

Wonderful cakes.

The Noose
05-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Fiesty Wench, I want to eat your.....

Wonderful cakes.

Davina looks so damn fit in ur avatar.

* FeistyWench *
05-20-2006, 10:06 PM
:rolleyes:

:D

EXIGE
05-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Yes sir, she defines MILF.

The Noose
05-20-2006, 10:41 PM
:rolleyes:

:D

u and ur smilies!

:damnit:

Boxclever
05-22-2006, 05:06 AM
u and ur smilies!

:damnit:

Smilies rule :D :p :cool:

The Noose
05-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Smilies rule :D :p :cool:

I was thinking there should be an offical smiley thread.

But then again...

:nono:

* FeistyWench *
05-22-2006, 07:45 PM
I was thinking there should be an offical smiley thread.

But then again...

:nono:
i love smilies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT i love saying "lol" even more. :D :cool:

The Noose
05-22-2006, 08:30 PM
i love smilies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT i love saying "lol" even more. :D :cool:

The only smilies that are worth anything are : :peeright: :wank: Of course the "wank" one doesnt work. That really takes the piss.

Id use it all the time. I should complain to the mods.

In fact, its my duty to complain daily until i either get banned or the sort out the wanking smiley.

* FeistyWench *
05-22-2006, 08:37 PM
The only smilies that are worth anything are : :peeright: :wank: Of course the "wank" one doesnt work. That really takes the piss.

In fact, its my duty to complain daily until i either get banned or the sort out the wanking smiley.
it is strange that of all the smilies that particular one doesn't work. :rolleyes:
i think it is a conspiracy against the limeys!

phallus
05-24-2006, 02:30 PM

i too am very disappointed the wank doesn't work, however, this one does :bukkake:

hooray for the japanese ( inventors of :bukkake: )

platinummatt
05-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Back to the original question. Id be pissed. a girlfriend of mine has done it, although that was slightly different. Obviously I am in the minority here. I suppose if you n ur partner are both ok with it!