View Full Version : Two short clips of me (Please critique)

iwagh911
05-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Hey I made a video few weeks, or month back. I am not a boxer and soon I'll join a gym but until then I might aswel get better right? So here are two videos of me trying to train:

Tell me what you think..how can I improve?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM_yFPgRCls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnxGBDVGjfM

thanks guys, constructive critism would be highly appreciated.

p.s when jump roping. how do you do the move where you take the handles and swing the rope side to side, then start jump roping again? Confused but would like to learn.

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-12-2006, 12:02 AM
looks to me like you think your good and hoping we say o you dont box...wow your good. You look aight,looks like you watch boxing and think you know, but you wont know until you begin boxing and get in the ring for the first time.

SlightlyStoopid
05-12-2006, 12:17 AM
Get to the gym ASAP.

ricecrispi
05-12-2006, 01:03 AM
not bad for a guy never in the gym before. Better than guys i seen in the gym after several months

Throw the left hand up higher and straight across. Just return the left hand up higher and try to throw combinations with one punch at a time. One hand has to always be back at the chin. Work on throwing punches at different distances and adding more movement.

Jump rope i would relax more and do it longer then ramp it really hard at the lasst minute or so. That way the body is warmed up and tired before you go for that last push

iwagh911
05-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Lol..Souza2012 - I am not physically able to join a gym for a while, and I am using the best resources I can to be better. I do not think I'm good. if I did I wouldn't bother asking for constructive critisim. Anyways, I assumed i'd get smart ass remarks, there are bad eggs in every basket. But thank you to ricecrispi who is actually trying to help.

i'm not good, just trying to get better

RAESAAD
05-12-2006, 09:14 AM
**** you look damn good to me........especially for "Not being a boxer".

enadeus
05-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Nice man get to a gym, you have great potential for sure.

supaduck
05-12-2006, 12:18 PM
for someone who hasn't ever boxed you've got great handspeed. average power tho.

Zigga
05-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Ya skippings comming on but ya bag work needs improving A LOT. Throwing 8 punch combinations when your inexperienced dont mean ****. Try relaxing more, def more head movement when throwing ya shots and work on using a jab or the 1-2 instead of all that combination stuff at the moment. U need to dev a dominent assertive jab and a straight that the oposition is gonna respect.Oh and slow down for the time being and get the basics right.

machotime
05-12-2006, 01:18 PM
-You should work on your foundation, you do not seem that stable on your feet.

-Keep your hands up when you hit the bag, its standing in front of you and not throwing back, you seem to throw your left without returning your right to proper position, and in a match you would get countered and countered and countered.

-Aim higher on the bag

-You shouldn't just hit the bag....bob, weave, chin down, hands up, time the bag movement.

Basically get to the gym and get quality training.

SlightlyStoopid
05-12-2006, 01:52 PM
not bad for a guy never in the gym before. Better than guys i seen in the gym after several months

Throw the left hand up higher and straight across. Just return the left hand up higher and try to throw combinations with one punch at a time. One hand has to always be back at the chin. Work on throwing punches at different distances and adding more movement.

Jump rope i would relax more and do it longer then ramp it really hard at the lasst minute or so. That way the body is warmed up and tired before you go for that last push
Not my gym...
:cool:

yrrej
05-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Looks pretty good to me.....

Heckler
05-15-2006, 07:18 AM
Vary it a bit man. Wheres the body rips and high hooks?

hardrock d
05-15-2006, 02:59 PM
anyone can look good hitting a bag send a video sparing then ill tell you whats up

Manfredo Jr
05-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Hey I made a video few weeks, or month back. I am not a boxer and soon I'll join a gym but until then I might aswel get better right? So here are two videos of me trying to train:

p.s when jump roping. how do you do the move where you take the handles and swing the rope side to side, then start jump roping again? Confused but would like to learn.
i aint trying to be an idiot and spoil ur minite of fame , but anyone can hit the bag , i bet you could throw lyk tht in the ring , the videos were ok but u had to head movement a moving target is harder to hit ;)

boxer2k5
05-15-2006, 04:49 PM
how do you want us to critique
i mean your jmping rope good and hitting
the bags for a round

what is there to say

iwagh911
05-15-2006, 04:59 PM
anyone can look good hitting a bag send a video sparing then ill tell you whats up

Maybe I came off a little bit confusing. I can not join a gym for weeks. BUT I own a heavy bag. I can either sit here and do nothing. Or I can at least try and condition myself. All I want to do is get extremely basic, but helpful feedback. Prolly 1/10 people on this board actually know what they are talking about, and I just wanted some quick replys on how I could improve ona really fundamental level. I understand a trainer would teach me all the ropes handson, but until then all I have is me...

Do I think I'm good? Of course not this is why I ask for help. The kind of replies that I was thinking was more on the lines of: my punching technique? combinations? wrong form? mix it up? etc.

I wasn't trying to make it a big deal, just hoping some people would help out.

Manfredo Jr
05-15-2006, 05:03 PM
respect stil gos out to u , not many ppl post videos of them boxing , i posted my fight a while back but the link will probsly not work now or i would link you to it , theres pics of me fighting , seach for a thread called "me in action";) :boxing:

.::EnRiQuE::.
05-15-2006, 07:55 PM
everything looked fine to me. especially considering u've never boxed before. you should use you body a bit more when throwing the hook. ur throwing it all arm

Verstyle
05-15-2006, 08:41 PM
i wont criticize but u looked good. nice handspeed also

jpboxer3
05-15-2006, 08:51 PM
work on your hooks man,and throw more bodyshots,too many power straight shots make you look one dimensional as far as offense goes.Your defense is decent as far as picking your guard up after throwing punches.I'd say just work more hooks into your arsenal along with bodyshots,looks like you got the footwork down pack and thats about it.

iwagh911
05-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Well I am VERY appreciative for all the feedback. I definitely was not expecting so much. So basically I won't post another video for a little while I work on what I have collected from this thread - which includes:

- Relax
- Slow Down
- Work on Foundation
- Simple Combinations
- Create different distances
- Use body more for more powerful shots
- Develop dominent assertive jab and straight
- Throw left higher/straighter and return higher
---------------------------------------------------

Thanks again and I'll get working.
=> and join that gym asap :boxing:

Verstyle
05-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Well I am VERY appreciative for all the feedback. I definitely was not expecting so much. So basically I won't post another video for a little while I work on what I have collected from this thread - which includes:

- Relax
- Slow Down
- Work on Foundation
- Simple Combinations

once u post another video there will be even more criticism.trust me i know
:rolleyes: and jus remember no 1 can make some1 perfect in more then 1 person's eyes. hell all ppl's eyes

DanW1
05-15-2006, 10:20 PM
try to go for three three minute rounds on both

boxer2k5
05-16-2006, 04:11 PM

- Relax
- Slow Down
- Work on Foundation
- Simple Combinations

**** that if your on the bad you dont need to slow down or relax
its the bag

and dont listen to us if your gonna box listen to your
coach and only him

rocco1252
05-16-2006, 04:55 PM

you look good but you need to slow down alittle, work more on your technique and speed and power will follow. I couldnt see too well your feet but you looked like you had them underneath you next to one another not one in front of the other for balance. another minor thing also talking about your feet you didnt seem to be pivoting your back foot too much but that could also be because i couldnt see it too well until the end. Pivot that back foot when you throw that left cross and you will have more power and you wont be as off balance as you seem to be.

Throw punches higher on the bag and keep your hands up when you throw your punches you are suceptable to those counters if you dont.

skipping rope looked great, keep it up and maintain doing it for 3 minutes at a time or 10 minutes at once. you will increase your stamina and leg power that way as well and we all know legs are very important for boxing.

You looked good though bro for someone never to a gym, with alittle work you could be something special in there with that natural ability you already have. Good luck