View Full Version : Everlast Hook-and-Loop Training Gloves

Misterp4p
05-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Does anyone out there have these gloves? Everlast Hook-and-Loop Training Gloves (http://store.titleboxing.com/titleboxing-everlast-velcro-trainig-gloves.html)
are they any good?

Dye
05-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Does anyone out there have these gloves? Everlast Hook-and-Loop Training Gloves (http://store.titleboxing.com/titleboxing-everlast-velcro-trainig-gloves.html)
are they any good?
i have not used them but there pro fight glove is great so i would think the hook and loop gloves would be good

THEBIZ
05-12-2006, 06:32 PM
I use them. I like them alot. They are easy to get on and off. They are not wearing very fast either.

Misterp4p
05-13-2006, 12:14 AM
thanks for the insight the ringside gloves i just purchased basically impossible to put on alone

Verstyle
05-13-2006, 12:27 AM
i got the everlast. i love my 16s and all but since my hands r so small its hard to get them all up in there

tDeL999
05-14-2006, 04:15 PM
i bought a pair of everlast gloves a while ago, NEVER AGAIN, they ****in suck balls. They broke within 2 months of very light use.

Built 2 Last
05-14-2006, 06:06 PM
i hav these....

http://www.justfax.co.uk/images/product2/GBL2208BLK.jpg

RockyMarcianofan00
05-14-2006, 06:21 PM
i bought a pair of everlast gloves a while ago, NEVER AGAIN, they ****in suck balls. They broke within 2 months of very light use.
Everlast is probably one of the best company's for boxing equipment. Yours may have been faulty, unfortunatley they would not have refunded you do to the fact that for all they know you could have messed with them. Other companies may have a better item here or there but over all IMO Everlast is the best provider.

tDeL999
05-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Everlast is probably one of the best company's for boxing equipment. Yours may have been faulty, unfortunatley they would not have refunded you do to the fact that for all they know you could have messed with them. Other companies may have a better item here or there but over all IMO Everlast is the best provider.

I think it was design flaw which doesnt look good for them. It tightened using a velcro strap that went through a loop on one side then back over to the other, problem is that the velco wore down the loop until it broke off.

victory721
05-15-2006, 09:35 PM
I have the Hook and Loop training gloves for 80 bones they are a great training glove and are less expensive than the cleto reyes.
James Toney and Jermain Taylor use them in trainig aswell.

thealfa
08-25-2009, 04:09 PM
I am already considering these gloves if I get 20% off. Anyway, one thing I notice about everyone here is that they stick with traditional and well known companies like Everlast without ever trying out other companies and perhaps completely ignoring other brands.

There is a brand of gloves on Title's website called Triumph United. I think this gloves is more popular in Japan. The glove I'm looking at for training is the Triumph United Thai Silencer for $70. It has long cuffs, meaning it covers your forearms as well for blocking punches. Does the Everlast you all talk about have this design or style? It's worth considering because when I train with an Everlast gloves, blocking the punches with your forearms can hurt, so I'm also considering a glove with longer cuffs like the Triumph United gloves I'm talking about, so not only your fist, knuckles, and wrist are protected but the forearms as well.

Take the hurt in real fights (amateur and pro), not while training!

Phenomkidd
08-25-2009, 04:28 PM
I am already considering these gloves if I get 20% off. Anyway, one thing I notice about everyone here is that they stick with traditional and well known companies like Everlast without ever trying out other companies and perhaps completely ignoring other brands.

There is a brand of gloves on Title's website called Triumph United. I think this gloves is more popular in Japan. The glove I'm looking at for training is the Triumph United Thai Silencer for $70. It has long cuffs, meaning it covers your forearms as well for blocking punches. Does the Everlast you all talk about have this design or style? It's worth considering because when I train with an Everlast gloves, blocking the punches with your forearms can hurt, so I'm also considering a glove with longer cuffs like the Triumph United gloves I'm talking about, so not only your fist, knuckles, and wrist are protected but the forearms as well.

Take the hurt in real fights (amateur and pro), not while training!

It may have more wrist/palm passing but thats because its Thai glove, nota Western boxing glove. Thai gloves are usually more flexible, can open up easier, the wrist padding, etc. Triumph United is an American company btw, relatively new (a "branch" of Throwdown, or at the very least created by a former employee). The Thai silencer also does not look like it protects the forearm more than average (length-wise). I have their higher-end Triumph United Japanese Heat Seeker gloves coming in tomorrow (modeled after Winning), decided to give it a shot.

thealfa
08-25-2009, 04:47 PM
It may have more wrist/palm passing but thats because its Thai glove, nota Western boxing glove. Thai gloves are usually more flexible, can open up easier, the wrist padding, etc. Triumph United is an American company btw, relatively new (a "branch" of Throwdown, or at the very least created by a former employee). The Thai silencer also does not look like it protects the forearm more than average (length-wise). I have their higher-end Triumph United Japanese Heat Seeker gloves coming in tomorrow (modeled after Winning), decided to give it a shot.

I'm considering that high-end Triumph United as well. The Thai Silencer does look like it protects the forearms, it's longer (long cuffs), see picture and descriptions. It's for blocking punches and kicks. I'd only worry about blocking punches since I'm in boxing not MMA. But like I said the Everlast I used before, and other gloves at the boxing gym I train at hurts my forearms when blocking punches, so a longer cuff glove would help on that.

What you think of Rival? On Title's site they sell the high-end Rival glove for $120. It has 1.75" of padding? Same as the high-end Triumph United that you just bought. It has 1.75" of padding. The rest of the gloves Title is selling didn't describe anything about this. But like I said, a lot of the people here usually stick to what they know and have heard of (Everlast) and completely ignore the rest of the brands. I think this is a mistake.

Phenomkidd
08-25-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm considering that high-end Triumph United as well. The Thai Silencer does look like it protects the forearms, it's longer (long cuffs), see picture and descriptions. It's for blocking punches and kicks. I'd only worry about blocking punches since I'm in boxing not MMA. But like I said the Everlast I used before, and other gloves at the boxing gym I train at hurts my forearms when blocking punches, so a longer cuff glove would help on that.

What you think of Rival? On Title's site they sell the high-end Rival glove for $120. It has 1.75" of padding? Same as the high-end Triumph United that you just bought. It has 1.75" of padding. The rest of the gloves Title is selling didn't describe anything about this. But like I said, a lot of the people here usually stick to what they know and have heard of (Everlast) and completely ignore the rest of the brands. I think this is a mistake.

They longer cuff may or may not help you, only way to know is to try em :boxing:.

Rival seems to make good products, I want to buy one of their sparring gloves to try though because I bought their high end Elite Bag Gloves and its constructed well, I like the Ergo Strap, but I like the protection of my Title Gel 16oz Bag Gloves. They are known to be a quality brand so you could try em out with few worries. I like to try different brands, I was interested in T*U because they had a Winning-inspired gloved (I also like MMA so I know about MMA brands as well as Thai brands).

them_apples
08-25-2009, 05:18 PM
I ordered some everlast pro 16 oz hook and loop i hope they are good

fdotorres
08-25-2009, 05:44 PM
are they any good?

just get the protex2 gloves from them. they're better and about $10 more

edit: http://store.titleboxing.com/everlast-protex2-leather-training-gloves-lace.html

fdotorres
08-25-2009, 05:52 PM
They longer cuff may or may not help you, only way to know is to try em :boxing:.

Rival seems to make good products, I want to buy one of their sparring gloves to try though because I bought their high end Elite Bag Gloves and its constructed well, I like the Ergo Strap, but I like the protection of my Title Gel 16oz Bag Gloves. They are known to be a quality brand so you could try em out with few worries. I like to try different brands, I was interested in T*U because they had a Winning-inspired gloved (I also like MMA so I know about MMA brands as well as Thai brands).

hey phenom, have you ever tried winning gloves?

Phenomkidd
08-25-2009, 05:55 PM
hey phenom, have you ever tried winning gloves?

Haha I wish, maybe when I feel like I'm good enough to warrant laying down a couple hundred I'll get a pair but for now I'll stick to my Titles, Rivals, Everlasts, Ringsides and my two Winning-inspired gloves (Fighting and T*U). All of em besides the Ringside pair I got a good deal cheaper than retail.

fdotorres
08-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Haha I wish, maybe when I feel like I'm good enough to warrant laying down a couple hundred I'll get a pair but for now I'll stick to my Titles, Rivals, Everlasts, Ringsides and my two Winning-inspired gloves (Fighting and T*U). All of em besides the Ringside pair I got a good deal cheaper than retail.

lol i don't know man. i ask because i was like you, trying lots of gloves... i've owned everlast protex2, rivals elite bag, fighting, adidas, and winning now

they live up to the hype, trust me

if you can't or simply refuse to spend so much money, i'd recommend you the protex2 gloves. check if bret still makes you a good deal if you're interested, they're worth it

K Larsen
08-25-2009, 06:58 PM
I like hook and loop gloves, I have never tried the Everlast ones but I like them because you dont have to have some one put them on for you and and tie them. You just slip them on yourself.

Phenomkidd
08-25-2009, 07:36 PM
lol i don't know man. i ask because i was like you, trying lots of gloves... i've owned everlast protex2, rivals elite bag, fighting, adidas, and winning now

they live up to the hype, trust me

if you can't or simply refuse to spend so much money, i'd recommend you the protex2 gloves. check if bret still makes you a good deal if you're interested, they're worth it

They must be really amazing, I was thinking most people said they're great are either doing it cause people say they are or they are better but they make it seems godly lol.

I was lucky enough to get Protex3 for free from an Everlast competition (only one who entered lol), they're a little tight on my thumb, kinda of a slight punching feeling after a while. Very well padded, almost wanna use them as bag gloves. They came feeling really hard so I punched my heavy bag a little bit with em on. I'm sure it will fit better after some use because I haven't trained with em yet.

I'll let you guys know how the T*U gloves feel tomorrow :boxing:.

fdotorres
08-25-2009, 08:47 PM
They must be really amazing, I was thinking most people said they're great are either doing it cause people say they are or they are better but they make it seems godly lol.

I was lucky enough to get Protex3 for free from an Everlast competition (only one who entered lol), they're a little tight on my thumb, kinda of a slight punching feeling after a while. Very well padded, almost wanna use them as bag gloves. They came feeling really hard so I punched my heavy bag a little bit with em on. I'm sure it will fit better after some use because I haven't trained with em yet.

I'll let you guys know how the T*U gloves feel tomorrow :boxing:.

damn... let me know if you never like the protex3 and i may buy 'em from you lol

Phenomkidd
08-27-2009, 02:43 AM
Lol no way man :P, I love the protection and I'm sure the gloves will mold and soften after some more use.

Finally got my 2nd Japanese style glove today :). Winning will be next Jap style glove (are there any others lol) but idk when I'll be getting them. I'm interested in some Grants but I heard the Campeon line wasn't good so idk. I had to resist several urges to buy more gear today haha. Will post pics.

The T*U gloves are IMO comparable to my Fighting Gloves, the padding is thick enough and compared to the Fighting gloves does not compress as easy. Great wrist protection when laced around the wrist (are those lines between padding on the wrist made for putting the lace on em?). Palm side wrist padding is very good as well. Seems to be well made.

Phenomkidd
08-27-2009, 03:23 AM
It is also pretty easy to make a nice fist in the T*U gloves.

http://i28.tinypic.com/war6fq.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/2lc2s.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/112cpee.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/2a7cyo3.jpg