View Full Version : frequent sexual activity reduces testosterone levels?

supaduck
05-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Is it true that frequent sex or masturbation can reduce levels of energy and testosterone? Because if it is, that really sucks. And I was wondering what you guys knew about it.

Young_Boxer
05-10-2006, 03:12 PM
never heard that before

supaduck
05-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Well im asking if anyone else has.

Scottie2Hottie
05-10-2006, 03:17 PM
it doesnt decrease it, but more of your testosterone will be geared towards semen production.

i think. im not too sure. all i know is that even if it decreases testosterone levels, it increases awesomeness and happiness levels.

machotime
05-10-2006, 03:19 PM
ejaculation does decrease testosterone levels but only temporarily and minimally. Testosterone will then peak and trough- staying at a consistent level.

LoftyDog
05-10-2006, 03:21 PM
it doesnt decrease it, but more of your testosterone will be geared towards semen production.

i think. im not too sure. all i know is that even if it decreases testosterone levels, it increases awesomeness and happiness levels.

LMAO.

I've never heard of it before, but I don't think so.

supaduck
05-10-2006, 03:25 PM
faaair enough. And does having facial hair when your about 13 mean you have lots more testosterone than everyone else?

6OVER6LORD6
05-10-2006, 03:27 PM
faaair enough. And does having facial hair when your about 13 mean you have lots more testosterone than everyone else?

Yes, so my advice to you, is don't swallow

supaduck
05-10-2006, 03:31 PM
I don't get that :confused:

supaduck
05-10-2006, 03:42 PM
This thread kicks ass..

RockyMarcianofan00
05-10-2006, 04:21 PM
In a sense yes
Sexual Activity uses testorone to produce semen, and when ejaculation occurs you do in fact (to the best of my knowledge) lose testorone. Ever wonder why you should never have Sexual intercouse or Masturbate before a fight or lifting weights? Its not good for you because the testorone which helps you do these activties isn't there. It also makes you sleep lol.

at the same time before a fight a women boxer should have as much sex as possible because this helps raise testorone levels. Always women with all the luck :D

Yaman
05-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Hell yeah. Somehow it takes away all your fitness and makes you sleepy.

RockyMarcianofan00
05-10-2006, 04:31 PM
The answer to this Forum is if you have good sex then yes it will affect your ability to do things, but hey if you got to **** up your ability to do stuff what better way? :D :D :D :luvbed:

Manfredo Jr
05-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Is it true that frequent sex or masturbation can reduce levels of energy and testosterone? Because if it is, that really sucks. And I was wondering what you guys knew about it.
hope not , mind i aint had sex in 2 weeks , there aint enough single girls where i live lol :D

supaduck
05-10-2006, 04:34 PM
****, because i masturbated before my last fight and THATS why i was so sleepy, lol...

i cant believe I told you that...

Yeah anytime I do weights and i just er... you know... I was too tired easily.

Manfredo Jr
05-10-2006, 04:36 PM
****, because i masturbated before my last fight and THATS why i was so sleepy, lol...

i cant believe I told you that...

Yeah anytime I do weights and i just er... you know... I was too tired easily.
wanking before a fight will be good for u , well sex wud be better , it realaxes u :D

supaduck
05-10-2006, 04:37 PM
lol but makes you tired and drowsy so you wont fight well.

bein nervous before a fight is good anyway.

supaduck
05-10-2006, 04:39 PM
it keeps u ready and tense to throw hard etc..

yrrej
05-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Who cares? Heart isn't measured in terms of testosterone. Otherwise, the bodybuilders would be the world's greatest fighters. "Balls" refers to "guts", not male hormones....

Kayo
05-10-2006, 05:34 PM
it means you hit puberty early..i've been shaving the whole beard since i was 13

RockyMarcianofan00
05-10-2006, 08:46 PM
u should not have any kind of sexual activity near a fight because it will make your testorone drop and mess with your performance

mgkirkpatrick
05-10-2006, 09:27 PM
that poster 'j' will know.. the one with the orange avitar.. he knows everything. a really good cricket player once told me to have a toss before you go out to bat because it relaxes u and gives ya better concentration

j
05-10-2006, 10:43 PM
my advice would be to abstain from sex for at least a few days before a fight. furthermore, never train immediately after having sex.

sex does indeed sap your energy reserves. the more you do it, the less immediate energy you will have available. i'm sure that everyone here has heard about ali abstaining for 2 full months, the "it weakens your legs" quote from rocky, etc. so, one would probably think, if ali found that it was usefull, it probably is.

muhammad ali was not the first boxer, nor the last boxer that trained in this way. hell, boxing isn't even the only sport where athletes do something similar. now, this supposed "myth" was started long ago. one thing i will mention - martial artists have known about this for centuries, well before boxing became the prizefighting sport that it now is.

i have read a few articles that have stated that sex the night before a big game or a big fight will not affect you're performance much, but may affect you're ability to concentrate. actually, it stated the exact opposite of what mgkirkpatrick had just posted. i, however, will trust my own experience over observational studies.

simply put, there's a reason why this topic has become somewhat a tradition among many boxers. there's also a reason why it has been common knowledge in traditional martial arts circles for over a thousand years. so, obviously, if it was bull****, it would have been discarded with hundreds of years ago.

RockyMarcianofan00
05-10-2006, 10:48 PM
yea i could agree with that.
thing is everybody tells me that it does effect you and i've expierenced it first hand so you decide

SlightlyStoopid
05-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Man sex kills me. It makes the legs weak haha. Seriously though i've felt tired as hell later on, after I get it on. lol Talking about LADIES, sex with a dude probably makes you're white blood cell count decrease dramatically. LOL

Dempsey 1919
05-10-2006, 11:16 PM
rocky marciano used to abstain 2 months before a fight and not even hug or kiss his wife two weeks before a fight. damn, he was crazy! :D

RockyMarcianofan00
05-10-2006, 11:19 PM
rocky marciano used to abstain 2 months before a fight and not even hug or kiss his wife two weeks before a fight. damn, he was crazy! :D
he was just really dedicated, i bet after his fight though :luvbed: :luvbed:

Dempsey 1919
05-10-2006, 11:34 PM
he was just really dedicated, i bet after his fight though :luvbed: :luvbed:

yeah, of course. after two months of not getting some, that would be the first thing on my mind after a fight, lol!

supaduck
05-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Well no **** there.. two god damn months, lol!

RockyMarcianofan00
05-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Well no **** there.. two god damn months, lol!
yea i know why not just become a monk

:p

SlightlyStoopid
05-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Well this is misleading cause he didn't have sex with his wife, but Hookers... not the same story... haha jk

DoubleZ711
05-12-2006, 08:19 PM
I heard that it is bad (not really bad, but it weakens your legs) if you have any kind of sexual activity, inculding masterbation, any time during the week that you are going to fight.

j
05-12-2006, 10:44 PM
i just want to add one last thing and end this on a positive note. the younger you are, the quicker you recover energetically. as you age, depending on how you age as well as how you have lived(which usually correlate with eachother), the longer it takes to recover that youthfullness that you need to box.

so if you're, say 20 - 30 years old, you may not need to abstain from sex for a whole 2 months. just never practice immediately afterwards, especially running.

wmute
05-12-2006, 11:03 PM
I am wondering, what if you have sex but always stop before ejaculating?

do you get more aggressive?

should fighters turn to tantric sex?

j
05-12-2006, 11:24 PM
I am wondering, what if you have sex but always stop before ejaculating?

well, i can only comment on what i have heard and read about in regards to the question. supposedly, doing this in the proper trained manner, will make you many times stronger than if you had ejaculated. the tantric route specifically though, wouldn't be my cup of tea. there are other eastern practices which are far more detailed from what i've read and heard than tantric sex.

as far as the aggression tip, you would need to learn to balance yourself before taking up some of these practises. i would have to recommned talking to and learning from somebody experienced in this before trying it.