View Full Version : mystykal v greatestiam

mgkirkpatrick
05-09-2006, 01:16 AM
im curious. the other threads are huge and i want to see some percentages

mgkirkpatrick
05-09-2006, 01:17 AM
and **** the first person who points out i spelt his name wrong. no ****.

blockhead
05-09-2006, 02:07 AM
50000000 on mysty

PunchDrunk
05-09-2006, 06:02 AM
I guess Hoskins already voted for himself :D

Rockin'
05-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Where do each of them live.... what age....what weight.....experience. Ill see what I can do to put these two together in the ring if its possible.

Rockin' :boxing:

LoftyDog
05-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Hoskins would get tired out in a minute and then mystyal would win...no doubt about it.

RockyMarcianofan00
05-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Greastest seems to have alittle strength and some good moving but his stamina is what would kill him

Mystakal bobs and weaves and from what i can tell doesn't get tired too quickly

Mystkal by KO in 3

Kid Achilles
05-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Until Hoskins posts footage of him fighting in any other manner, I see him as a swarmer with mediocre punching power. Myst displayed more patience and skill in the sparring sessions he posted.

GreatestIam
05-09-2006, 03:37 PM
**** honestly i would give the lil bastard a 4 rd decision at this point, maybe even a stoppage (like the towel through in) im 100% sure he couldnt knock me out (ive sparred with a pro named Leonard Hettle he couldnt do it you defintly couldnt) and i would win the 1st round VERY EASY, i wont say i would KO you which i probley would, but since i havent KOed anyone yet (both my opponents 5'11 175+)will leave it at that! LET ME JUST WORK ON MY STAMINA, POST SOME MORE OF MY FIGHTS (may 20th)AND IN ABOUT 6 MONTHS WILL SEE WHO YOU GUYS REALLY THINK WOULD WIN!

Kid Achilles
05-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Wait, you are 175 pounds? That's give you somwhat of an advantage with that swarming style, if Myst is a good twenty pounds lighter. I had assumed you were around the same size for some reason. How tall are you, 5'11"?

GreatestIam
05-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Wait, you are 175 pounds? That's give you somwhat of an advantage with that swarming style, if Myst is a good twenty pounds lighter. I had assumed you were around the same size for some reason. How tall are you, 5'11"?

I pitty the fool........ Im 6'0 and walk around about 178

JDizzle79
05-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Mystykal would take you in 4

Kid Achilles
05-09-2006, 04:17 PM
I think this would be a great fight if it could happen. Would you be up for it Hoskins?

j
05-09-2006, 04:20 PM
hmm, i'd be rooting for myst. because he's seems like a nice guy who doesn't have an inflated ego. i have only checked out 2 clips(i think it was 2) of myst and one of hoskins(the toughman one), but from the short clips i've seen, i'd have to go with myst outboxing hoskins.

this is tough to call based on the fact that i know just about nothing about either of these guys, so don't think my opinion is too important on this topic.

:boxing:

LoftyDog
05-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Hoskins doesn't know anything, didn't he say he just learned that you are supposed to work circles around your opponent...he should have learned that a while ago.

GreatestIam
05-09-2006, 04:48 PM
I think this would be a great fight if it could happen. Would you be up for it Hoskins?

would i be up for it hell ya, im tellin you though i would murder this dude teh 1st round and if he doesnt get knocked out his got a good chance to win TODAY, once i get my staminia up the next 2-3 months its a no contest on my behalf, i would KILL THE LITTLE DUDE!

NaThBoiii
05-09-2006, 04:48 PM
GreatestIAM even by your name, you are one ****y bastard, not being funny or anything mate, but step in my gym like that and your gonna get your ass handed to you. Noone respects bigheaded people.

NaThBoiii
05-09-2006, 04:50 PM
One thing is, you have a **** guard, and mystyal has a good technique, second thing, learn to jab, without jabbing your gonna get ****ed up by him for definite, third thing, you wont last even 2 rounds.

GreatestIam
05-09-2006, 04:56 PM
One thing is, you have a **** guard, and mystyal has a good technique, second thing, learn to jab, without jabbing your gonna get ****ed up by him for definite, third thing, you wont last even 2 rounds.

Man my jab is my best punch that VIDEO is **** of me and PROVES NOTHING also my defense is very good so act like i didnt even post the vid! And in person im no where as ****y, im only ****y on here becuz theres room to be, in person i let my actions speak for themsleves, And i could probley hang with every boxer at your gym no prob!

Scottie2Hottie
05-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Man my jab is my best punch that VIDEO is **** of me and PROVES NOTHING also my defense is very good so act like i didnt even post the vid! And in person im no where as ****y, im only ****y on here becuz theres room to be, in person i let my actions speak for themsleves, And i could probley hang with every boxer at your gym no prob!

im 5'6'' and i would knock you the **** out.

Kid Achilles
05-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Can we actually arrange this matchup somehow? It would probably the most exciting event in the history of this forum.

LoftyDog
05-09-2006, 05:21 PM

LOL you say you let actions speak for themselves but the one thing you showed us you admit is **** so what does that have to say about you. Seriously though, if you guys actually did fight it would be awesome.

kayjay
05-09-2006, 05:23 PM
From the LITTLE I've seen myst has technique and power for his size. You wouldn't want to fight someone like that if your stamina is not good.
Rockin': I don't know these guys really but I think myst is from San Antonio, Greatest is from Detroit. I don't know how it could ever really happen.

Verstyle
05-09-2006, 05:28 PM
i dont even wanna comment on this thread. but i told him that i can go to chicago on my way back to ny in jult but he would have to pick me up from the aitport in fear of getting lost. and take me back to the airport so i can take a flight back home :)

Kid Achilles
05-09-2006, 05:29 PM
We can speculate all we want about video but the fact is we don't know for sure until the fight happens. Who the hell would have bet on Baldomir after watching and comparing his highlights to Judah's? Judah appeared to have every advantage in that fight with the exception of a solid chin.

Which leads me to my next question, how good are Myst's and Hoskins's chins? I've never seen either tagged with an explosive flush powerpunch so there's no telling what will happen.

I like Myst on paper but Hoskins has the weight advantage and who knows how much determination and heart. It would be a cool matchup.

Verstyle
05-09-2006, 05:29 PM
oh yeah and i walk around at about 172lb. its all muscle. my currwnt job has be gaining more muscle

Verstyle
05-09-2006, 05:30 PM
We can speculate all we want about video but the fact is we don't know for sure until the fight happens. Who the hell would have bet on Baldomir after watching and comparing his highlights to Judah's? Judah appeared to have every advantage in that fight with the exception of a solid chin.

Which leads me to my next question, how good are Myst's and Hoskins's chins? I've never seen either tagged with an explosive flush powerpunch so there's no telling what will happen.

I like Myst on paper but Hoskins has the weight advantage and who knows how much determination and heart. It would be a cool matchup.

i've been tagged good numerous times by hw's and winning record pros and i jus shake it off. alot of ppl say if u have a big neck u can take more shots,and i have a big neck.

juggernautburn
05-09-2006, 05:31 PM
the same people that are calling greatiam ****y are the same people saying they'd kick his ass...atleast be consistent with your statements if you plan to be the man in an argument, or fight.

Kid Achilles
05-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Myst what's your current job, some kind of manual labor?

Verstyle
05-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Myst what's your current job, some kind of manual labor?

im a mover for north american vanlines.it pays the big bucks but damn u gotta work hard. thats how my muscles got bigger last year

Southpaw16
05-09-2006, 10:23 PM
If I were to base it strictly on the videos I've seen, Mystykal would win for sure. I said that Hoskins has some good physical abilities and has potential, but just looking at the videos, Mystykal is much too polished for Hoskins at this stage. Of course The Greatest has said that the video isn't a fair indicator of where he is actually at right now, but right now it is all we have to look at for him.

Southpaw16
05-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Also, GreatestIAm acted like a jerk his first ever time posting, since then he's shown he actually isn't such a bad guy.

Verstyle
05-09-2006, 10:26 PM
i wonder who were the 1s that voted against me :rolleyes:

Kayo
05-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Based on video's mystyal wins easy i see hoskins having some sort of moment then getting rocky and pumping his fist in the middle of the round and then mystyal clocks him

RockyMarcianofan00
05-10-2006, 12:33 AM
Mystkal seems like he moves too much to get tagged by GreastestIAM
and then he counters :)

Southpaw16
05-10-2006, 01:34 AM

They are probably looking at the height advantage. Looking at his video, Hoskin's height advantage will mean nothing if he has that type of style where he just barges straight forward. He has said that the video isn't a true indicator, but it is all we have to go on.

mgkirkpatrick
05-10-2006, 04:11 AM

my bad should have made it public. what do u think of mysts suggestion for july greatest? u said u would have the stamina by then...

chris_cov
05-10-2006, 06:01 AM
from what iv seen i think mystikal would win cuz hes just the better boxer. greatestiam is too ****y man i dont know how he gets away with that at his boxing club.

GreatestIam
05-10-2006, 11:13 AM
my bad should have made it public. what do u think of mysts suggestion for july greatest? u said u would have the stamina by then...

ya but i dont live in chi-town, but if dude is serious i will try and be down there when he is and me and my girl or some friends could probley come scoop him!

RAESAAD
05-10-2006, 11:15 AM
:lol1: :lol1: I go with my boy mystikal and I spelled it wrong too.

enadeus
05-10-2006, 12:05 PM
I'd pay 44.95 to watch this fight on pay per view.

Kid Achilles
05-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Who's on the undercard for that one, me vs. Tommyhearns?

enadeus
05-10-2006, 12:11 PM

Julio Cesaer Chavez Jr. vs a pizza delivery guy.

LoftyDog
05-10-2006, 01:14 PM
from what iv seen i think mystikal would win cuz hes just the better boxer. greatestiam is too ****y man i dont know how he gets away with that at his boxing club.

They probably love it and feed into it. ****yness in the ring is great, sometimes the onlything that keeps an anthlete going and not backing down or giving up is his ego. I think thats why so many athletes have big egos, because thier trainers and coaches build it up to make them better...it just totally sucks when they are not in the ring or on the field.

Mick Hucknall
05-10-2006, 06:22 PM
I somehow think Hoskins would win considering he's around 6 inches taller and heavier

Dempsey 1919
05-10-2006, 06:32 PM

lol, yeah, or me vs. blockhead. :D

EXIGE
05-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Id sparr anyone on here, im really not worried. In my year out from education altogether, which is coming up soon, ima try and hook up with some people from this site in the UK and do some sparring... should be good... :D

Also I wont judge, because I know how annoying it is for the person who is being told they will lose by some "e-expert". For all I know, greatest is the best thing since sliced bread, even though he is clearly the underdog in this bout.

Oh and btw who wins? Me.

Peace.

aljon
05-10-2006, 07:14 PM
I somehow think Hoskins would win considering he's around 6 inches taller and heavier
well no ****, we dont know much about either of them so from their height and weight greatestiam would obviously had the advantage, you cant just say "mystyal is the better boxer" how the hell do you know that? same thing goes about greatestiam, since we dont know how good they are you'd just assume the the bigger guy wins, of course this doesn't happen always but its logical... mystal is trying to beat greatestiam with words and power and bla bla bla, mystal hasnt done **** to prove hes a better boxer than him...

Verstyle
05-10-2006, 08:34 PM
well no ****, we dont know much about either of them so from their height and weight greatestiam would obviously had the advantage, you cant just say "mystyal is the better boxer" how the hell do you know that? same thing goes about greatestiam, since we dont know how good they are you'd just assume the the bigger guy wins, of course this doesn't happen always but its logical... mystal is trying to beat greatestiam with words and power and bla bla bla, mystal hasnt done **** to prove hes a better boxer than him...

**** talker as usual. alot of guys also say short guys r hard to fight. but go ahead no shame ;) and the bold part, so he is. r u bert sugar your self if not shut the **** up :D

Rockin'
05-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Size has little to do with anything when there is skill thrown into the equation.

Not to mention skill there is heart, drive, toughness. Alot of factors play a part in a fight besides size.

Mystyal could rock The greatones world hard. Or it could go the other way. The only way to find out is to get them together to exchange some blows.

Rumblin' Rockin' Promotions would love to get this together. We just need, from the boxers, age weight and bout records. Lets git it ooonn!!

aljon
05-10-2006, 09:37 PM
**** talker as usual. alot of guys also say short guys r hard to fight. but go ahead no shame ;) and the bold part, so he is. r u bert sugar your self if not shut the **** up :D
why does u hurt you man? lol you got my quote on ur sig and ****, relax urself its just an opinion... cant know for sure who would win its just like a logical theory, take a big bear vs. a small one you dunno **** about them and you would think the big bear is gona win.. thats all...

aljon
05-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Size has little to do with anything when there is skill thrown into the equation.

Not to mention skill there is heart, drive, toughness. Alot of factors play a part in a fight besides size.

Mystyal could rock The greatones world hard. Or it could go the other way. The only way to find out is to get them together to exchange some blows.

Rumblin' Rockin' Promotions would love to get this together. We just need, from the boxers, age weight and bout records. Lets git it ooonn!!

100% agree with u

Verstyle
05-10-2006, 09:41 PM
why does u hurt you man? lol you got my quote on ur sig and ****, relax urself its just an opinion... cant know for sure who would win its just like a logical theory, take a big bear vs. a small one you dunno **** about them and you would think the big bear is gona win.. thats all...

i just hate when ppl stereotype other ppl

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Greatestiam- You have no skills.I could fight you with my hands behind my back and cok smack you into submission. If you didnt act so good no1 would be as hard on you,but you act like you are way better than you are.

Dempsey 1919
05-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Greatestiam- You have no skills.I could fight you with my hands behind my back and cok smack you into submission. If you didnt act so good no1 would be as hard on you,but you act like you are way better than you are.

haha, lol!

05-10-2006, 09:55 PM
You spelled his name wrong. :D

mgkirkpatrick
05-10-2006, 10:18 PM
You spelled his name wrong. :D

**** u ;)

GreatestIam
05-10-2006, 10:18 PM

Haha becuz i am way better then i act, the tape i posted is GARBAGE and i look gGARBAGE in it i can admit that, but didnt post it becuz i thought otherwise, i posted it becuz i wanted to introduce one of the aspects i bring to the table, and thats constent punching(when nessacary), if i was BOXING i woulda KOed dude! The next fight i post will be a 100% better i guareentee it, simply becuz in it you will actually see me BOXING and BOXING well! I dont mind if you guys KEEP the constructive critsizum up its GOOD FOR ME, but dont EXCITE yourselves to the point were you think YOU ALL can beat me now, i understand that there are some very competetive and succseful athletes on this site, thats cool ID LIEK TO THINK IM ONE, but that doesnt speak for its self, My name is Donald Hoskins II and im sure youll hear it oneday soon, Not on this SITE and that speaks VOLUMES!

mgkirkpatrick
05-10-2006, 11:10 PM
from what ive seen i think myst is much better. but im serious when i say i eagerly await your next vid where u show us your boxing. thats real man.

Verstyle
05-11-2006, 02:01 AM
speaking of the stereotype about height, i had demolished a 6'2 guy weighting like 180. this was like 3 weeks ago.so that throws alof of the theory of height outta there

Pugnacious_Z
05-11-2006, 05:53 AM

what u mean he hasnt proved it, havnt u seen the vids or both fighters?

wiso2008
05-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Mystakal should beat that ass ...greatestiam is a piece of ****..

Southpaw Stinger
05-11-2006, 11:02 AM
speaking of the stereotype about height, i had demolished a 6'2 guy weighting like 180. this was like 3 weeks ago.so that throws alof of the theory of height outta there

Indeed. I sparred with this 6'4" guy and my style seemed to keep him on the ropes for the most part. Then I sparred with this little 6' guy and I had a harder time trying to figure his style out. Size is only an advantage if you use it. Short guys can make the most of their physique and cause the big guys trouble. It's how you use your size that counts.

As the old saying goes, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"

Konstantin
05-11-2006, 11:09 AM

Yea seriously. Greatestiam has a vid where hes just smothering the guy in wide punches. Myst has a vid where hes bobin and weavin and poping his opponent with calculated shots.

Theres is an obvious skill difference between the two videos

Southpaw Stinger
05-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Yea seriously. Greatestiam has a vid where hes just smothering the guy in wide punches. Myst has a vid where hes bobin and weavin and poping his opponent with calculated shots.

Exactly. Greatestiam was fighting a human punching bag and throwing wild shots and still couldn't put him down.

{BrownBomber}
05-11-2006, 08:56 PM
even though mystikal dont like me I think he would win.

Verstyle
05-12-2006, 01:22 AM
even though mystikal dont like me I think he would win.

i never siad i didnt like u. u started speakin african to me. which wasnt even called for

{BrownBomber}
05-12-2006, 02:53 PM
i never siad i didnt like u. u started speakin african to me. which wasnt even called for
LMAO!!!!!
It wasnt even African tell you the truth I dont know what the **** it was.

Dempsey 1919
05-12-2006, 08:56 PM
mystyal should kill this guy. i could probably beat him. he's only half an inch taller than me and about 5 lbs. lighter. :p

Verstyle
05-12-2006, 10:01 PM

yeah i dont think aljon has seen the videos. he's going by size to determine who will win and of course he sides with taller ppl,dont know why though

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-12-2006, 10:10 PM
well from what i have seen greatesiam would get his ass kicked. But remember, we have only see mystal spar not fight, and seen greatesiam fight. There is a big difference. But i still think mystal woould handle greatestiam, greatestiam didnt impress me the least from what i saw.

Verstyle
05-12-2006, 10:18 PM
well from what i have seen greatesiam would get his ass kicked. But remember, we have only see mystal spar not fight, and seen greatesiam fight. There is a big difference. But i still think mystal woould handle greatestiam, greatestiam didnt impress me the least from what i saw.

when i have fights in sparring i tend to put my leverage behind my punches,and surprisingly when im in a fight i dont punch as much i load up on my punches and put 4 or 5 hit combos behind them. and yeah i get tired fast doing it.

sleazyfellow
05-13-2006, 02:02 AM
im more taller than bof of u boys, i think id knock out u both, ina triple threat boxing match...yep...and with my height id push around the smaller mystalyall then impose my will on greatesthethinks...ur time is up im too damn tall!! u cant see me, im too damn tall!! oh n btw, between just u two id go for myst by ko, although he doesnt punch hurder like tarver, he could sure as hell knock greatest head off his puny neck!!

GreatestIam
05-13-2006, 05:38 AM
hahahahahaha

Rockin'
05-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Hey Great one, you still fighting on the 20th?

Heckler
05-15-2006, 07:10 AM
I pitty the fool........ Im 6'0 and walk around about 178

Mys Knocks you the **** out and until you post a video of yourself that displays some sembelence of skill don't beg to differ.

Zigga
05-15-2006, 09:12 AM
Yo greatest i am. Every fighter should be confident in his ability and feel like he has something special. But u take it too a new level. U are a big headed person and u run ya mouth like a ***** but u cant back it up. Bottom line ur a **** fighter from what ive seen and u actually thought u were good on the vid other wise u wouldnt have posted it. The vid was supposed to show ur skills in comparison to mystal to help us see who potentially would win the fight. U loose big time. Mystal would push u back and bully u up all day long.

sleazyfellow
05-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Yo greatest i am. Every fighter should be confident in his ability and feel like he has something special. But u take it too a new level. U are a big headed person and u run ya mouth like a ***** but u cant back it up. Bottom line ur a **** fighter from what ive seen and u actually thought u were good on the vid other wise u wouldnt have posted it. The vid was supposed to show ur skills in comparison to mystal to help us see who potentially would win the fight. U loose big time. Mystal would push u back and bully u up all day long.

o dont b such a negative nelly, gosh golly!! his head only looks big cause the camera is so close! but other than that he looks up to me, quite literally, since im mo bigger=taller, and im all aboutz da height! try clinching with a telephone pole and ull know what its like trying to clinch with me, but ah, just give props for a video at least, im not all technology savvy sam, cameras steal ur soul when u take pictures so i stay away from dem :mad: :mad:

at least we agree on one thing, that little mack in his sig is avatar is a p.o.s overrated "hitman", he shouldnt even have that name at all, thats fo my boy hearns!!

Zigga
05-15-2006, 01:25 PM
o dont b such a negative nelly, gosh golly!! his head only looks big cause the camera is so close...... :D

Those damn camera angles. I think i should apologise to greatest i am. ......."U aint a big headed *****, it was the camera telling lies again sorry bout that m8".... :p

Verstyle
01-02-2007, 04:27 PM
and another 1.ahaha. its all good though,maybe we'll see each other in golden gloves