View Full Version : is my routine any good?

lil rocky
05-08-2006, 06:28 PM
pushups to failure
inclose pushups to failure
chinups to failure
dips to faliure
situps to failure
elastic band workout for biceps,and lats
bodyweight squats to failure
shadow box with 5 lbs db.
hit the bag.
how does it look?

Ukr_Alex
05-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Well, Im doing intense work outs now every day, and let me tell you. Working out every day is much more effective then 3 times a week...Im sure you knew that but I have gained quite a bit of muscle in 2 weeks time by pumping iron every day of the week for 40min a day.

So I say keep doing what your doing but to a point where the next day you can do the same amount.

I personaly no longer get sore no mater how much I work out. I wake up the next day feeling no soreness in my muscles.

Otherwise what you do is pretty much what I do, and its worked for me well.

jumpman_jones
05-08-2006, 09:13 PM
sfdmalex where ever I go I always here this, when your working out its best not to do it everyday. Do one hour weightlifting sessions 4-5 times a week and break it up. Your muscle tears and rebuilds that what I hear on every forum so im just passin on what I hear, and tis not jsut 1 person that says it.

Ukr_Alex
05-08-2006, 09:43 PM
sfdmalex where ever I go I always here this, when your working out its best not to do it everyday. Do one hour weightlifting sessions 4-5 times a week and break it up. Your muscle tears and rebuilds that what I hear on every forum so im just passin on what I hear, and tis not jsut 1 person that says it.

I dunno man, I know thats the right way...the not every day way.

But I seriously grew much faster from working out every day then working out 3 times a week.

I'm sure my body has a lot to do with it. I have very quick metabolizm, and I regain my energy fast...I can play 3 hours of ball straight, then chill for 2 and then I can do another 3 hours...

So I guess my muscle rebuilds faster then normal aswel.

Misterp4p
05-08-2006, 09:50 PM
kant forget about the shoulders man the rotator cuff muscles play a tremendous amount in boxing substitute biceps for shoulder strengthening

lil rocky
05-08-2006, 10:44 PM
so should i do shrugs military press or how can i work my shoulders with just bodyweight exercises

LoftyDog
05-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Pullups work your sholders, you're already doing chin-ups but I think pullups work the sholders more, im not sure though. Also it's good to switch up your routine every once in a while. Switching it up helps shock the muscle memory and give you a better work out.

JDizzle79
05-08-2006, 11:06 PM
chin ups work your lats and biceps more and pull ups work more your traps and delts

Misterp4p
05-12-2006, 12:30 PM
for shoulder strengthening, go to yahoo or google.com type rotator cuff muscle exercises. I am one who has natural loose shoulders so the ligaments tend to make my shoulders seem unstabled i have to do these exercises to maintain stability. no chin up or pushup can really exercise the rotator cuff like the exercises youll see when u research. my favortie, external rotation and side raises. Its a pain in the ass having loose shoulders, trying to avoid surgery but shoulder exercises can really benefit you in boxing