View Full Version : ne 1 know how the amatuer ranks work??

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 02:24 AM
i wanna see how fast i can become number 1 in the nation in my weight class. wonder if its sorta like pro where u gotta beat the champion to be the champion or something like that or win tournaments or something

Rockin'
05-07-2006, 03:40 AM
Get in every USA Boxing tourney. get in every Golden Gloves. Go to every Ohio State fair. Win these in the open divison and your well on your way. You have a while before youll want to fight open, its the real deal in there, you'll fight anybody in your weight class and the country.

Rockin' :boxing:

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 03:42 AM
Get in every USA Boxing tourney. get in every Golden Gloves. Go to every Ohio State fair. Win these in the open divison and your well on your way. You have a while before youll want to fight open, its the real deal in there, you'll fight anybody in your weight class and the country.

ok thanx. yeah first i wanna get alittle warm up here in my town first then hit up the big boys :)

Pugnacious_Z
05-07-2006, 03:45 AM
hey mystyal, ur message storage is full

Rockin'
05-07-2006, 03:46 AM
Take your time and learn it well. Dont worry about what stuff these guys say to you about your videos, your doing fine man. 98% of them have never tried what you are and yet are still able to britique technique. Its really amazing.......

Rockin'
05-07-2006, 03:47 AM
Find out about the ohio state fair. Thats a great national to learn in. There are some big cats prowling the rings in there though, so be sharp.

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 03:49 AM
Take your time and learn it well. Dont worry about what stuff these guys say to you about your videos, your doing fine man. 98% of them have never tried what you are and yet are still able to britique technique. Its really amazing.......

yeah i know. at first it sounded good with some of there stuff and then i did some of it and then they say even more so **** it. oh yeah arnt u a novice all the way up to your 10th fight then u go open division?

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 03:51 AM
Find out about the ohio state fair. Thats a great national to learn in. There are some big cats prowling the rings in there though, so be sharp.

yeah thats what i've been told. ppl say theres alot of 1s and 2s in the amatuers.with me bobing and weaving and knowing how to get in really fast with or without a affective jab i think i'll do alright. i've seen the golden gloves tournament on espn a year or so ago. and i wasnt impressed cause they all did the same **** alot of shot with no meaning

Rockin'
05-07-2006, 03:56 AM
In the amatuers just remember to let your hands go and then get out of the way. Dont rely soley on power because you will not stop most of your opponents. Moving and rolling your head is good, always have it moving and feinting. Keep me posted man, I think youll do well.

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 03:59 AM
In the amatuers just remember to let your hands go and then get out of the way. Dont rely soley on power because you will not stop most of your opponents. Moving and rolling your head is good, always have it moving and feinting. Keep me posted man, I think youll do well.

im fighting on the 19th of this month :)

chris_cov
05-07-2006, 10:23 AM
im fighting on the 19th of this month :)

gud luck man iv seen some of ur videos and u look really impressive. i got a lot of confidence in you doing well.

MusclesMalone
05-07-2006, 10:30 AM
g'luck in your fight. ive got my first competition bout on the 20th of this month. you guys can look forward to me posting up the fight video, a guy from our club usually tapes all the bouts.

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 11:19 AM
g'luck in your fight. ive got my first competition bout on the 20th of this month. you guys can look forward to me posting up the fight video, a guy from our club usually tapes all the bouts.

damn u got some1 to tape it your lucky. whats your weight class?

LightsOut Le
05-07-2006, 12:38 PM
ayyy you can climb the ranks farely fast...

my friend is #7 in the nation by USA boxing..his record is only like 30-1

all he did was fight at big national tournaments and won most of them...

daryl madison

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 12:40 PM
ayyy you can climb the ranks farely fast...

my friend is #7 in the nation by USA boxing..his record is only like 30-1

all he did was fight at big national tournaments and won most of them...

daryl madison

oh **** really!! thats what im going to do then.i wanna get really big in amatuer and have goldenboy promotions look at me. thats my goal. and for the record i dont think i will go undefeated in amatuer thats about as rare as being an undefeated champion(rocky marciano)ppl know me in san antonio, i jus dont get enough sparring cause i either work,they dont have the guys,or my coach jus sucks

LightsOut Le
05-07-2006, 12:42 PM
yeh you gfotta travel alot tho...he always told me he was a franchise boy wen it came to boxing...he's been to new york golden gloves california golden gloves...rhode island....and a bunch of others...

Rockin'
05-07-2006, 12:43 PM
You need sparring. Cant learn to fight only by shadowboxing and working the bags. Trust me man, get some club show fights and a good number of them before you go fighting in the national tournys. You'll be much better off.

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 12:43 PM
yeh you gfotta travel alot tho...he always told me he was a franchise boy wen it came to boxing...he's been to new york golden gloves california golden gloves...rhode island....and a bunch of others...

does his coach go everywhere with him also

LightsOut Le
05-07-2006, 12:45 PM
**** you knwo what..i dont htink so

he travels alot and i he learned how to box when he was young and just uses all the stuff his uncles and trainers taught him

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 12:45 PM
You need sparring. Cant learn to fight only by shadowboxing and working the bags. Trust me man, get some club show fights and a good number of them before you go fighting in the national tournys. You'll be much better off.

oh yeah i know. i jus wanted to know the classifications to get up there in rank.i'll try to get at least 15 or 20 hometown fights to go else where if i win most of them and do really good

LightsOut Le
05-07-2006, 12:46 PM
wait you mean smokers rockin?

my coach says he doenst want me to fight any smokers cause he rather i win real amatuer fights cause cant smokers **** up your whole reputation?

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 12:46 PM
**** you knwo what..i dont htink so

he travels alot and i he learned how to box when he was young and just uses all the stuff his uncles and trainers taught him

so he goes by himself?? if thats the case hell i'll do it. cause technically i dont have a trainer, only thing he has thought me is 1s and 2s and thats when i first started. i get all my learning from tyson it takes alot of studying though but i think its paying off. :)

Rockin'
05-07-2006, 12:47 PM
oh yeah i know. i jus wanted to know the classifications to get up there in rank.i'll try to get at least 15 or 20 hometown fights to go else where if i win most of them and do really good

Thats the way you do it. You'll do great man. Just keep that head screwd on tight and work hard. You will achieve everyting that you want to if you are true to your dreams and heart.

LightsOut Le
05-07-2006, 12:47 PM
haha all he brings with him is a pair of gloves headgear mouthpeice and a **** load fo cd's

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 12:49 PM

my coach says he doenst want me to fight any smokers cause he rather i win real amatuer fights cause cant smokers **** up your whole reputation?

ahaha. my neighbor is a built samoan and he's a boxer and he said i should do smokers, he said he thinks i would destroy those guys. i would only go with him cause if ne thing went down since its underground we can both kick there ass's like batman and robin(im robin :D )

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 12:51 PM
haha all he brings with him is a pair of gloves headgear mouthpeice and a **** load fo cd's

damn. i always thought u need a coach, sooooooo who works his corner :confused:

Rockin'
05-07-2006, 12:51 PM

No I didnt mean smokers, they are completely illegal to the USA boxing laws and can be dangerous for you man. Im talking about club shows, local shows all looked over by the usa boxing commision. Smokers are not for good amatuer fighters, to much risk with little supervision and such. Once the money gets rollin' for the fight people change and pull guns and such. You know what Im talkin' bout. You dont need that kind of **** when you have a real dream.

LightsOut Le
05-07-2006, 12:53 PM
haha...i dont really know wht to say to that..BUT

i thought USA boxing and big amatuer boxing organizations...they keep a real close eye on you and make sure you dont have any other fights then the fights you say you've had...smokers give you more ring experience so you have an advantage against the guy you fight in a natioanl tournament who has never had a fight before. you'll go in with a record of 0-0(but you had a bunch of smoker fights) he'll go in with 0-0 (and have no smokers) and you will jsut tear him up completely..

which might give you a bad reputation...

Rockin'
05-07-2006, 01:02 PM
But the thing with smoker is that you are fighting with somebody who has no true boxing ability. Just balls and two fists is what they bring when they step up. It would help but if you were to face a good boxer after fighting those smoker bums then you would be in a whole different fight.

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 01:26 PM
u never answered me when i asked who works his corner

LightsOut Le
05-07-2006, 02:21 PM
oh my bad...im not sure he never told me about that...

i think waht he did was when he went from state to state..he would go a gym that he knew...like my gym..my coach taught him him stuff so i guess he asked my coach tobe in his corner...then wen he went to new york..he probally had other coaches...

i probally just went ot gym to gym..where he knew the trainer

LightsOut Le
05-07-2006, 02:22 PM
oh yeh..he was a cool guy so i dont think anyone ahd a problem with him

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 02:22 PM
oh my bad...im not sure he never told me about that...

i think waht he did was when he went from state to state..he would go a gym that he knew...like my gym..my coach taught him him stuff so i guess he asked my coach tobe in his corner...then wen he went to new york..he probally had other coaches...

i probally just went ot gym to gym..where he knew the trainer

well he's lucky then.

LightsOut Le
05-07-2006, 02:24 PM
franchise boy...hes been around the boxing community alot i guess..

so you dont haev a coach or trainer or anything??

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 02:26 PM
franchise boy...hes been around the boxing community alot i guess..

so you dont haev a coach or trainer or anything??

i have a coach but he doesnt teach me ****. all u see me doing is sparring is me learning from watchin the 85-88 tyson. this u can see cause i dont load up on shots like the 89-05 tyson :D jus videos, my mitt work or nothin. pretty impressive if i say so myself

LightsOut Le
05-07-2006, 02:30 PM
damn..i cnat do that...i hate watching videos of boxers... because you try to duplicate it..or make it your style...

i like my style...so i jsut keep it my style

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 02:32 PM
damn..i cnat do that...i hate watching videos of boxers... because you try to duplicate it..or make it your style...

i like my style...so i jsut keep it my style

the thing thats extremly different from me and tyson style is that i can fight inside and im good at doing feints and lunging

MusclesMalone
05-07-2006, 02:33 PM
damn u got some1 to tape it your lucky. whats your weight class?

im fighting this fight at 178. even though i weight less then that, around 175. ill continue dropping wieght and fighting my way down haha.

LightsOut Le
05-07-2006, 02:35 PM
im fighting at welterweight 154

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 02:41 PM
im fighting this fight at 178. even though i weight less then that, around 175. ill continue dropping wieght and fighting my way down haha.

thats a good way to do fight your way down cause the further u go the more of the hits will get lighter

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 02:42 PM
im fighting at welterweight 154

hey maybe we'll fight 1 day :) cause thats my weight class

LightsOut Le
05-07-2006, 02:45 PM
haha yeh come down to california

see you at golden gloves or somethin :smile:

MusclesMalone
05-07-2006, 02:47 PM
thats a good way to do fight your way down cause the further u go the more of the hits will get lighter

yea, and i happen to be a power puncher, so as i drop so will my oppenants.

Verstyle
05-07-2006, 02:49 PM
yea, and i happen to be a power puncher, so as i drop so will my oppenants.

haha yeah i bet. the weight class that im at i think my power is to great for but hell i dont give a damn. i was even thinkin about dropping to 140 but my muscles grew more :o

LightsOut Le
05-07-2006, 02:52 PM
i think i could rpobally get down less then 147...i have alot fo fat in my legs and my abs are a little visible...i i could probally drop to 140-147

then move up

Pugnacious_Z
05-08-2006, 02:44 AM
hey mystyal, is ur samoan neighbour an amateur or pro boxer and have u ever sparred him or anything

Kayo
05-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Mystyle i hope things work out for you maybe one day when your blown up n old and im just hittin my prime we'll fight:p try not to cut down to much weight cause alot of fights when you weigh in you fight the very same day and you dont wanna be totaly drained from cutting weight. Its not like the wonderful highschool wrestling where some tournaments you get to weigh in 1-3 days before the tournament

Verstyle
05-08-2006, 08:39 PM
hey mystyal, is ur samoan neighbour an amateur or pro boxer and have u ever sparred him or anything

pro boxer. and i sparred with him,but he didnt have ne head gear on so i was afraid to pop him hard if fear he would get pissed and beat the **** outta me. this was a year ago though.he's the 1 that told me to do boxing

Verstyle
05-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Mystyle i hope things work out for you maybe one day when your blown up n old and im just hittin my prime we'll fight:p try not to cut down to much weight cause alot of fights when you weigh in you fight the very same day and you dont wanna be totaly drained from cutting weight. Its not like the wonderful highschool wrestling where some tournaments you get to weigh in 1-3 days before the tournament

well when i wrestling we did the weigh in that same day with in 30min of the match pretty much. and i used to get down to 140, still dont know how i did it.

Kayo
05-08-2006, 11:57 PM
well when i wrestling we did the weigh in that same day with in 30min of the match pretty much. and i used to get down to 140, still dont know how i did it.
aw man that blows now in highschool wrestling you sometimes weigh in the day before or two days before. But in some super serious tournies you weigh in in the morning n wrestle in the afternoon

Verstyle
05-08-2006, 11:58 PM
aw man that blows now in highschool wrestling you sometimes weigh in the day before or two days before. But in some super serious tournies you weigh in in the morning n wrestle in the afternoon

man u guys r lucky

Kayo
05-09-2006, 12:50 AM
man u guys r lucky
yeah but we get screwed over with the harder things on how to graduate highschool here in canada where i live

Verstyle
05-09-2006, 12:55 AM
yeah but we get screwed over with the harder things on how to graduate highschool here in canada where i live
why. dont u grad. at like 15 or something

Kayo
05-09-2006, 01:12 AM
why. dont u grad. at like 15 or something
cant you have to do this thing called a portfolio where u have to complete certain aspects through out highschool that have nothing to do with anything so you have to go to school all the way to grade 12 and now u cant just take 1 class in grade 12 u have to have english 12 and three other grade 12 provincial exams along with having 80 credits...its confusing...and they wonder why children turn to drugs lol