View Full Version : Is eating rice bad for a six pack?

sizu24
05-06-2006, 03:01 AM
I'm asian, and my family eats a lot of rice. Is eating a lot of rice bad if you're trying to get a six pack? I've always been in good shape, and have been eating rice everyday since I was a baby.

whatitdo
05-06-2006, 03:24 AM
I'm asian, and my family eats a lot of rice. Is eating a lot of rice bad if you're trying to get a six pack? I've always been in good shape, and have been eating rice everyday since I was a baby.

Never give up RICE I too eat rice everyday its part of living besides rice is good for you its a good carb just cut down on portions but never exclude asian rice its the best

mayweather
05-06-2006, 04:08 AM
haha nope. rice is complex carbs. a big part of your diet to get a 6 pack or whatever you want. just try to lay off the refined carbs like pop, candy, etc. They arent digested as well. Complex carbs also give you energy when eaten correctly with protein. its called carbo loading. marathon runners do it

Southpaw Stinger
05-06-2006, 10:01 AM
My friday night curry is what keeps me alive and well!

LightsOut Le
05-06-2006, 11:46 AM
i thought rice was bad because its slow to break down...so after working out..thre still some left in your body and it eventually turns into fat...

plus...white rice has no nutrition in it at all...all of its grains and minerals have been sucked out of it...maybe you all mean brown rice cause thats what i keep hearing about

sizu24
05-06-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm talking about white rice.

mayweather
05-06-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm talking about white rice.
oh, try and lay off the white rice. wild rice or brown rice is the best

enadeus
05-07-2006, 02:01 AM
When I eat rice I usually eat it with vegetables mixed in, thats a great balanced meal in my opinion.

Doesn't rice also have like 3 times more protein than milk, meat and eggs. I think its great and regret not eating it enough.

I don't know about rice preventing you from a 6 pack, depends how much of it you eat.

yrrej
05-07-2006, 02:10 AM
Depends.................

LoftyDog
05-07-2006, 04:10 AM
It's a little more complicated than don't eat rice = six pack. For a six pack you need low body fat, plain and simple. To decrease body fat you have to burn more calories than you take in, so eating rice won't nessicaraly prevent you from getting a six pack. But from what I understand, white rice is just empty calories. There's really no nutritional value even though it is full of good carbs so you might as well eat something else. Theres no point in loading up on carbs unless you are going to do some really strenuous activitly like a long dinstance race or something. If you are going to eat rice, like someone else said, don't eat white rice.