View Full Version : New Equipment

victory721
05-05-2006, 12:08 AM
Ive been around boxing for quite a while, but Im not really an equipment junkie and basically stick to most of the stuff you see on ringside or everlast.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the everlast mantis punch mitts or ringside panther mitts and which would be a better purchase?

Also is thier any benefits to have a lace protector, I have used hook and loop in all of fights but most pros I know use lace what are the benefits?

Pz

LightsOut Le
05-05-2006, 01:42 AM
why are you purchasing mitts in the first place?? are you a trainer??

and lace up gloves can be alot tighter throughout your whole hand...whereas hook and loop is only tight around your wrist

Rockin'
05-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Ive been around boxing for quite a while, but Im not really an equipment junkie and basically stick to most of the stuff you see on ringside or everlast.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the everlast mantis punch mitts or ringside panther mitts and which would be a better purchase?

Also is thier any benefits to have a lace protector, I have used hook and loop in all of fights but most pros I know use lace what are the benefits?

Pz

With the lace gloves you are able to put your hand in the glove and close a tight fist. With the tight fist your handler laces you up. You will not lse that tight grip in the fight, to say. It will remain tight through the fight. With the loop junk you find yourself adjusting your hand in the glove rather than concentrating solely on your opponent. Loop junk does not offer a solid fit through the whole fight or round. Its just to loose.

Rockin' :boxing:

victory721
05-05-2006, 03:16 AM
oh my bad, I meant a lace no foul protector, not gloves.

I was buying mitts to help teach some people over the summer and to have my own pair just in case.

Thanks