View Full Version : Joe Frazier's bunny hop

aljon
05-03-2006, 02:03 PM
If you've noticed sometimes Frazier does a slight jump with both feet in the air when he's getting hit or when he's trying to avoid punches while moving his head and upper body, another Example when George Foreman knocked him down before Frazier was about to get knocked down he did that little jump.. Why does he do that? i dont see it necessary and i would think it would tire you out a little faster too

aljon
05-03-2006, 04:12 PM
cmon 15 views no comment wats the deal?

Yaman
05-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Because he has one of the most overrated chins ever. Its because he gets rocked.

BTW, ignorant people say Foreman lifted Frazier off the canvas with that punch..yeah thats it :rolleyes: , Frazier doesn't have legs when he gets rocked so thats why he does the jumping thingy.

Dempsey 1919
05-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Because he has one of the most overrated chins ever. Its because he gets rocked.

BTW, ignorant people say Foreman lifted Frazier off the canvas with that punch..yeah thats it :rolleyes: , Frazier doesn't have legs when he gets rocked so thats why he does the jumping thingy.

i would say frazier has just as good a chin as tyson. :rolleyes:

rocco1252
05-03-2006, 04:28 PM
If you've noticed sometimes Frazier does a slight jump with both feet in the air when he's getting hit or when he's trying to avoid punches while moving his head and upper body, another Example when George Foreman knocked him down before Frazier was about to get knocked down he did that little jump.. Why does he do that? i dont see it necessary and i would think it would tire you out a little faster too
it almost brings him back to reality after getting nailed, he does that little jump to get his legs back instead of punching yourself in the head(obviously a stupid move but many fighters do it when they get jolted) he just did a little hop to kind and bring him back to normal.

Yaman
05-03-2006, 04:29 PM

One time you said Frazier had a top 3 chin of all time, wich is the most redicilous, biased bull**** you ever posted.

How many times did he get rocked by a soft hitter like Ali?

Dempsey 1919
05-03-2006, 04:32 PM
One time you said Frazier had a top 3 chin of all time, wich is the most redicilous, biased bull**** you ever posted.

how many times did tyson get rocked by a soft hitter like douglass? :D

Yaman
05-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Are you gonna make me report your posts who don't have anything to do with the topic? Imbecile.

Anyways, i love Frazier, but he has the most overrated chin ever. I've never seen a guy jump up after a punch.

rocco1252
05-03-2006, 04:39 PM
i would say he has a better chin than tyson but thats my opinion, he was able to get a beating for 44 rounds against a very accurate Ali, sure he went down numerous times against Foreman but was never fully Knocked Out. Just those 2 fights right there should say enough about his chin.

rocco1252
05-03-2006, 04:43 PM

not my fight but I have to say this, Ali rocked Frazier numerous times but just look at how many times he was hit. Ali was accurate..extremely accurate with his shots and I'll be damned if I were to get hit that many times and just stand in front of you. Bet your ass I'd be rocked all the time too. He may have an overrated chin but dont take that away from him he was still one of the all time greats in the heavy weight division, and he would fight you till the death bad chin or not.

Dempsey 1919
05-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Are you gonna make me report your posts who don't have anything to do with the topic? Imbecile.

Anyways, i love Frazier, but he has the most overrated chin ever. I've never seen a guy jump up after a punch.

no, my friend. that honor goes to rocky marciano.

rocco1252
05-03-2006, 04:56 PM
no, my friend. that honor goes to rocky marciano.
here we go again! not even going to get into it with you because I might lose my cool. Go back and read every post ever written about this was Marciano over rated, was marciano a great, did marciano have a good chin threads, or even the Marciano vs Frazier thread that went on and on for days and you will see how many people over rate marciano's chin, you'll be amazed with the results. You seem to be one of the only people in this whole forum to think that.

aljon
05-03-2006, 04:58 PM
you fukers have gone completely off topic

Frazier's 15th round
05-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Say what you want about Frazier's chin, but he never lost a fight laying on his back.

Skydog
05-07-2006, 10:05 PM

No **** Frazier has as good of a chin as Tyson. Tyson got KO'ed by Douglas, who was a ****ing joke.

Frazier has only been knocked down by Foreman and Bonavena, two of the hardest hitting heavyweights ever. Frazier has also never been down for the count.

Dempsey 1919
05-07-2006, 10:12 PM
No **** Frazier has as good of a chin as Tyson. Tyson got KO'ed by Douglas, who was a ****ing joke.

Frazier has only been knocked down by Foreman and Bonavena, two of the hardest hitting heavyweights ever. Frazier has also never been down for the count.

frazier was also floored by mike bruce.

RockyMarcianofan00
05-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Ali was floored by Chuck Wepner
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/IrishInsomniac00/other%20boxing%20pictures/chuck_wepner3.jpg
:D i can take hits at your favorite fighter too

RockyMarcianofan00
05-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Oh yes Marciano's chin was very overrated
:rolleyes:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/IrishInsomniac00/Rocky%20Marciano/hit1.jpg

-Ezzard Charles lands a solid blow to Rocky's jaw.
"If Marciano's jaw isn't made of iron, it's at least made of poured concrete."Arthur Daley.

- "10 greatest chins" in their 1991 issue. Here they are in no particular order.
Joe Grim, Tom Sharkey, Jake LaMotta, Rocky Marciano, George Chuvalo, Muhammad Ali, Vito Antuofermo, Randy "Tex" Cobb, Marvin Hagler, Julio Cesar Chavez. Boxing Scene 1991; "The 10 Greatest Chins".

With all this in mind how can you honestly say its overrated :)

Verstyle
05-08-2006, 01:00 AM

if u saw the fight u saw the bombs tyson was getting hit with all night. and they were pretty damn hard, cant argue with that

RockyMarcianofan00
05-08-2006, 01:08 AM
if u saw the fight u saw the bombs tyson was getting hit with all night. and they were pretty damn hard, cant argue with that
yea buster douglas isn't a really hard hitter, however getting hit squarely by any fighter with a halfway decent punch for that many rounds would surely KO nearly any fighter

Verstyle
05-08-2006, 01:09 AM
yea buster douglas isn't a really hard hitter, however getting hit squarely by any fighter with a halfway decent punch for that many rounds would surely KO nearly any fighter

and also remember douglas is a 230 something professional heavyweight. hell u get hit by him and tell me if he's not a hard hitter :D

RockyMarcianofan00
05-08-2006, 01:18 AM
and also remember douglas is a 230 something professional heavyweight. hell u get hit by him and tell me if he's not a hard hitter :D
well get hit by butterbean and it'll hurt
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/IrishInsomniac00/other%20boxing%20pictures/butterbean_punch.jpg

I'm just saying James "Buster" Douglas in contrast to hardhitting heavyweights (such as Foreman and Tyson etc) wasn't a hard hitting heavyweight, however he did have a decent punch.

Get hit squarely by any semi-decent puncher for that long and your bound to go down

Prime Tyson would've killed nearly everybody he lost too though IMO

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/IrishInsomniac00/other%20boxing%20pictures/Tyson*****.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/IrishInsomniac00/other%20boxing%20pictures/B0000AVBUO.jpg

hemichromis
05-08-2006, 01:47 AM
ali wan;t allways a softhitter when he slowed down and ha that long stance he hit hard

frazier had a good chin not the best IMO but very good the thing that made him special was his heart

Heckler
05-08-2006, 09:05 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/IrishInsomniac00/other%20boxing%20pictures/chuck_wepner3.jpg

You know the circumstances regarding that knockdown right? 'He was offbalance, i hit him with a bad shot and he went down' - Chuck Wepner.. Always gives me a good laugh when someone suggests that Wepner dropped him legitimately... 'I hit him with the hardest body shot i ever landed on anybody' - George Foreman talking about Ali... he didn't get dropped by that thus i can't imagine him being dropped legitimately by Wepner.

Yaman
05-08-2006, 09:21 AM
You know the circumstances regarding that knockdown right? 'He was offbalance, i hit him with a bad shot and he went down' - Chuck Wepner.. Always gives me a good laugh when someone suggests that Wepner dropped him legitimately... 'I hit him with the hardest body shot i ever landed on anybody' - George Foreman talking about Ali... he didn't get dropped by that thus i can't imagine him being dropped legitimately by Wepner.

EXcuses. The truth is, ALi was badmouthing Wepner, saying he was gonna wup him. Then he gets his ass knocked down by the bum he was gonna beat lol. Ali wasn't standing on 1 foot or anything like that. ALi was off balance BECAUSE of the punch you jokers :rolleyes: . Nice pic.

hemichromis
05-08-2006, 03:49 PM
ali was off balance before the punch connected

Dempsey 1919
05-08-2006, 03:51 PM

yea, and when he got up, he was pissed off and beat the living **** outta him after that. :p

Yaman
05-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Really? He couldn't even knock that bum out :rolleyes: So he was talking too much. Wepner put him on his ass.

Jenks88
05-08-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm pretty sure Ali knocked Wepner out in the last round...and he was definetly hitting him with jabs and right crosses all night. He couldn't miss with that jab-right cross combo on Wepner.

Brockton Lip
05-08-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm pretty sure Ali knocked Wepner out in the last round...and he was definetly hitting him with jabs and right crosses all night. He couldn't miss with that jab-right cross combo on Wepner.

Stoppage by the ref in the closing seconds.
Woo, 1000 posts!

Dempsey 1919
05-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Stoppage by the ref in the closing seconds.
Woo, 1000 posts!

it actually was a knockout or at least should have been a knockout. wepner was sprawled on the canvas for the ten count, so it was a ko.

Yaman
05-09-2006, 06:45 AM
That was no KO. It was like every regular Ali stoppage, he's the only one punching and the ref stops it on cuts. No ko.

SABBATH
05-09-2006, 08:25 AM
That was no KO. It was like every regular Ali stoppage, he's the only one punching and the ref stops it on cuts. No ko.
If you guys are going to debate what happened in a fight it would help if you actually took the time to watch the fight so you would know what the hell you're talking about.

For the record Ali staggered Wepner with a very solid left-right combination. As Wepner was on rubbery legs Ali throws another left-right, another left-right, three left hooks a left-right and a final right and dropped him into the ropes. From the moment Wepner touches the canvas until the fight is stopped Wepner is not up and it is actually 11 seconds exactly as Perez waves the fight off with Wepner getting up unsteadily. It was the first time in Wepner's career that he was floored. Try actually watching the fight for a change.

Yaman
05-09-2006, 09:41 AM
If you guys are going to debate what happened in a fight it would help if you actually took the time to watch the fight so you would know what the hell you're talking about.

For the record Ali staggered Wepner with a very solid left-right combination. As Wepner was on rubbery legs Ali throws another left-right, another left-right, three left hooks a left-right and a final right and dropped him into the ropes. From the moment Wepner touches the canvas until the fight is stopped Wepner is not up and it is actually 11 seconds exactly as Perez waves the fight off with Wepner getting up unsteadily. It was the first time in Wepner's career that he was floored. Try actually watching the fight for a change.

I've seen the fight years ago homer. But that was a long time ago, even before the Osbournes. Ali needed that many punches to stop a bum.

SABBATH
05-09-2006, 09:51 AM
I've seen the fight years ago homer. But that was a long time ago, even before the Osbournes. Ali needed that many punches to stop a bum.That's no surprise, as no one takes your threads serious anyway. I doubt you have seen Ali-Wepner at all or much of any boxing that doesn't involve Tyson.

By the way, Holyfield dropped Tyson with a body shot. Left hook to the chest. I'm sure you didn't see that fight 'years ago.'

Yaman
05-09-2006, 11:29 AM
That's no surprise, as no one takes your threads serious anyway. I doubt you have seen Ali-Wepner at all or much of any boxing that doesn't involve Tyson.

By the way, Holyfield dropped Tyson with a body shot. Left hook to the chest. I'm sure you didn't see that fight 'years ago.'

As a matter of fact, i watched the T-H fight yesterday haha. Ali-Wepner was on espn classic a long time ago. I did see it. Don't dissrespect me SABBATH, i have made more topics than you im sure, and they're very good. I remember you making big posts in my ''strongest fighter ever'' thread :D . And my other succeses like ''most complete fighter ever'' and ''wich boxing fights do you have?'' are all big threads with good discussions. So they do take me serious SABBATH.

We're going offtopic, so, Joe Frazier's legs gave up on him a lot of times when he got rocked, so he did everything he could to stay on his feet, and i guess that little jump helped him.

Dempsey 1919
05-09-2006, 11:43 AM

why don't you watch the fight before you post. i have the fight and have watched it about ten times. :rolleyes: ali threw alot of punches and staggered wepner. then ali threw a right hand that dropped wepner and wepner fell on the ropes and slid down to the canvas. wepner was down for at least ten seconds in the fight. geez, get your information right before you post. ;)

K-DOGG
05-09-2006, 11:59 AM
I'll have to go back and watch it to be certain; but I'm fairly sure that Wepner was counted out. I know he got knocked down from a vicious flurry and was exhausted to boot. If memory serves me correctly, he had one arm draped over the strands and was attempting to rise to beat the count when he collapsed and the ref waved it off. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure the ref reaced 10; but I'm 99.9% sure he did.

Dempsey 1919
05-09-2006, 12:02 PM
I'll have to go back and watch it to be certain; but I'm fairly sure that Wepner was counted out. I know he got knocked down from a vicious flurry and was exhausted to boot. If memory serves me correctly, he had one arm draped over the strands and was attempting to rise to beat the count when he collapsed and the ref waved it off. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure the ref reaced 10; but I'm 99.9% sure he did.

they ruled it a stoppage, but trrruuuuust me. it was a knock out. ;)

K-DOGG
05-09-2006, 12:08 PM
...and a young Slyvester Stallone was at the fight, and the rest is history. :)

Dempsey 1919
05-09-2006, 12:11 PM
...and a young Slyvester Stallone was at the fight, and the rest is history. :)

5 of the worst movies of all-time. :p

K-DOGG
05-09-2006, 12:15 PM
5 of the worst movies of all-time. :p

Dude, you gotta respect the original....that was art.

Dempsey 1919
05-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Dude, you gotta respect the original....that was art.

i'm sorry, but i just don't know whta people see in those movies. the fighting is unrealistic.everything about it is fake. everytime i watch those movies on TNT or whatever channel they show it on, i but out laughing on how bad they are. just my opinion.

K-DOGG
05-09-2006, 01:48 PM
i'm sorry, but i just don't know whta people see in those movies. the fighting is unrealistic.everything about it is fake. everytime i watch those movies on TNT or whatever channel they show it on, i but out laughing on how bad they are. just my opinion.

Butterfly, Rocky, the original, wasn't about the choreography...it was the story about the fighter and the chance of a lifetime and the realization of who he was. The script, and direction were superb. Best boxing film ever, IMO...no offenset to Dinero and Scorse and "Raging Bull".

The story was what made Rocky, not the stupid reality of the fighting.

Yaman
05-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Rocky was a racist movie. You shouldn't like it because they made a white man look unbeatable.

Dempsey 1919
05-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Rocky was a racist movie. You shouldn't like it because they made a white man look unbeatable.

yaman, be quiet. :rolleyes:

K-DOGG
05-09-2006, 02:01 PM

Rocky was White?!
:eek:

RockyMarcianofan00
05-09-2006, 02:11 PM
yea even though in the first one he lost to apollo (who was black)
and in the third one he lost to clubber (who was black)

in fact the only guy he won against in the first fight was Drago who was white

Yaman
05-09-2006, 02:45 PM
yea even though in the first one he lost to apollo (who was black)
and in the third one he lost to clubber (who was black)

in fact the only guy he won against in the first fight was Drago who was white

I hope you got the joke.

RockyMarcianofan00
05-09-2006, 02:48 PM
I hope you got the joke.
i do relize they had rematches and he came back and won but see thats movies you can't have the hero of the story lose to everybody without coming back and winning or something

i mean how inspirational would it have been if rocky only won one fight out of all 5 movies :rolleyes:

Yaman
05-09-2006, 03:02 PM
It was a joke buddy. Rocky is one of my fav movies.

RockyMarcianofan00
05-09-2006, 03:06 PM
It was a joke buddy. Rocky is one of my fav movies.
:D :D :D