View Full Version : (VIDEO) me doing agressive sparring

Verstyle
05-01-2006, 09:41 PM
i was alot more agreesive, power was at 3/4th's also. i think i did pretty good on these 1 and they guys weighs what i weigh :)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F4ITK_960_8"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F4ITK_960_8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

moy22487
05-01-2006, 09:50 PM
the mat your on should be pulled more so it doesnt wrinkle up

boxer2k5
05-01-2006, 09:53 PM
which is you

Verstyle
05-01-2006, 09:55 PM
which is you

the black guy

Verstyle
05-01-2006, 09:55 PM
the mat your on should be pulled more so it doesnt wrinkle up

yeah as u can see i came close to bustin my ass :D

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-01-2006, 09:56 PM
3/4ths power? who keeps track of there power like that thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. Thats all your power.

moy22487
05-01-2006, 09:58 PM
3/4ths power? who keeps track of there power like that thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. Thats all your power.
he should know how much power he is using.

Verstyle
05-01-2006, 09:58 PM

ppl that know what the **** there doing does. look at some of my other videos on here and u can see when i use close to full power. its not my fault that u cant control your punches. and i take what u said as a compliment thank you ;)

Verstyle
05-01-2006, 10:01 PM
i honestly think my style and power can make me an excitng fighter if i make it

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-01-2006, 10:04 PM
not very impressed not disgusted.You looked aight. I dont know which one you were but i assume you was the moreno. How many fights have you had?

moy22487
05-01-2006, 10:05 PM
are you in amatures yet?

Verstyle
05-01-2006, 10:06 PM
not very impressed not disgusted.You looked aight. I dont know which one you were but i assume you was the moreno. How many fights have you had?

whats moreno?? and i was the black guy

Verstyle
05-01-2006, 10:06 PM
are you in amatures yet?

nope zero fights. im going to have my first this month though :)

moy22487
05-01-2006, 10:08 PM
thats koo get us some video and good luck. get some experiance, learn as much as you can so you can do an olympic tryouts

Verstyle
05-01-2006, 10:11 PM
thats koo get us some video and good luck. get some experiance, learn as much as you can so you can do an olympic tryouts

i have enough experience, i jus need to learn to use the jab more,and cutting of the ring

moy22487
05-01-2006, 10:15 PM
ohh, do you get power punch happy, or do you want the jab to be one of your main weapons IKE style?

mayweather
05-01-2006, 10:15 PM
seriously?? 3/4ths power. first its with bands on ur hands. then its with a 102 temp. what other excuses do you have. go all out and show us a god damn tape. nobody cares u could just say ur sparring normally.

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-01-2006, 10:16 PM
whats moreno?? and i was the black guy

Thats basically what it means. You looked aight in there, you didn't seem to be going all out,holding back a bit. I didnt know you had 0 fights either, you looked pretty goods for a ***** with no fights. I have had 1 fight and it was a year ago, i won by knockout and havent fought since but i am fighting again soon. Good luck with boxing.

Verstyle
05-01-2006, 10:16 PM
ohh, do you get power punch happy, or do you want the jab to be one of your main weapons IKE style?

no i dont get power punch happy when sparring. i want a get inside jab. cause my jab(although u didnt see in the video besides 1 times when i backed him up with it) is almost as powerful as my right

Verstyle
05-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Thats basically what it means. You looked aight in there, you didn't seem to be going all out,holding back a bit. I didnt know you had 0 fights either, you looked pretty goods for a ***** with no fights. I have had 1 fight and it was a year ago, i won by knockout and havent fought since but i am fighting again soon. Good luck with boxing.

u should fight more. i was going to spar the guy in your avatar when he was at our gym for a month :)

Scottie2Hottie
05-01-2006, 10:32 PM
u should fight more. i was going to spar the guy in your avatar when he was at our gym for a month :)

lol man, you gotta love that everlast headgear, i noticed you straightening it everytime you had some distance. i have to do the same **** lol.

youre a pretty short dude, you look like a little welterweight tyson. im maybe a little taller than you (or about the same), except skinny and lanky.

Verstyle
05-01-2006, 10:37 PM
seriously?? 3/4ths power. first its with bands on ur hands. then its with a 102 temp. what other excuses do you have. go all out and show us a god damn tape. nobody cares u could just say ur sparring normally.

i think i showed alot of power even with 3/4th. the dude said after we sparred once i hit him good 1 time they his strategy was to hold as u can see he did cause he said i hit to hard :D but i will never go full on sparring. sorry guys u will never see that from me unless i have a real amatuer match or the guy is tryin to knock my head off

Verstyle
05-01-2006, 10:39 PM
lol man, you gotta love that everlast headgear, i noticed you straightening it everytime you had some distance. i have to do the same **** lol.

youre a pretty short dude, you look like a little welterweight tyson. im maybe a little taller than you (or about the same), except skinny and lanky.

yeah that headgear is a *****. when ever im at other gyms and i try to adjust it they always think im hurt and ****.ahaha. i wanna see a pic of u so i can see how your built

Verstyle
05-01-2006, 10:42 PM

and if u seen the tyson sparring tapes, he doesnt go all out when sparring and when he does hit hard sometimes kevin rooney tells him to town it down. i jus stated 3/4ths cause i dont want ppl to think thats all the power that i have.

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-01-2006, 10:54 PM

Freitas was at your gym for a month? I would have loved that, you could learn so much from training with an accomplished pro. I sparred with Ray Oliveira at my gym a few times, just messing around really, teaching me some things we werent really scrapping or anything.

Verstyle
05-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Freitas was at your gym for a month? I would have loved that, you could learn so much from training with an accomplished pro. I sparred with Ray Oliveira at my gym a few times, just messing around really, teaching me some things we werent really scrapping or anything.

oh yeah thats tight. the reason i didnt spar with him i think is cause i heardly could make it cause of work. i sparred demetry salita though that was also there. i think he's like 25-0 now. i was pushing him with my jab and he kept cliching. the same coach that frietas had the other day is his coach also. he said i had a **** load of power i jus need to work on a few things. the demetry guy kept holding me. i was gettin heated :mad:

2OSouzaSuarez12
05-01-2006, 11:01 PM
oh yeah thats tight. the reason i didnt spar with him i think is cause i heardly could make it cause of work. i sparred demetry salita though that was also there. i think he's like 25-0 now. i was pushing him with my jab and he kept cliching. the same coach that frietas had the other day is his coach also. he said i had a **** load of power i jus need to work on a few things. the demetry guy kept holding me. i was gettin heated :mad:

yea Salitas pretty good.

Scottie2Hottie
05-01-2006, 11:17 PM
yeah that headgear is a *****. when ever im at other gyms and i try to adjust it they always think im hurt and ****.ahaha. i wanna see a pic of u so i can see how your built

i was gonna wait till i finish cutting weight, but i guess i could post one up soon. maybe after this weekend, i know a lot of girls that love taking pictures.

LightsOut Le
05-02-2006, 12:34 AM
first of all for all the people hatin on him for using 3/4ths power...if you ever sparred your not even supposed to go hard...you supposed to pull your punches....

and mystyal i think for you..in the amatuers your gonan get knockouts..i dont think your gonna win on points..i think ref stoppages cause amatuers are all about one twos and you seem like you like the hooks and uppercuyts...im not hating or anything but thats what i see....so in the amatuers you better nock the other ****er out...cause that ***** could be throwing weak 1 2's and the fights over and he out points you..

http://usaboxing.org/94.htm

darryl madison trained at my gym and he told me a bunch of **** for amatuers.... so you better hope you knock that mother ****er or he'll outpoint you...

i think daryl is ranked 7 in super heavweights http://usaboxing.org/94.htm

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 12:39 AM
first of all for all the people hatin on him for using 3/4ths power...if you ever sparred your not even supposed to go hard...you supposed to pull your punches....

and mystyal i think for you..in the amatuers your gonan get knockouts..i dont think your gonna win on points..i think ref stoppages cause amatuers are all about one twos and you seem like you like the hooks and uppercuyts...im not hating or anything but thats what i see....so in the amatuers you better nock the other ****er out...cause that ***** could be throwing weak 1 2's and the fights over and he out points you..

http://usaboxing.org/94.htm

darryl madison trained at my gym and he told me a bunch of **** for amatuers.... so you better hope you knock that mother ****er or he'll outpoint you...

i think daryl is ranked 7 in super heavweights http://usaboxing.org/94.htm

yeah i know and its fast pace also. i tend to have good defense when it comes to the 1's and 2's i havent been hit really good in months so i should do good in amatuers. plus since the time limit is so short i will jus throw power punches. dont let the video decieve u im alot faster then i look in the videos,its cause of my phone, i need a video camera. if u had your volume up u will here the guy recording saying that im moving to fast. plus with ppls 1s and 2s i really can get under them due to my height and work my way in and them bombs away
:D

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 12:50 AM
the guy i sparred said he's never fought some1 that can move in that quickly, he said i was like a cat. i wanted to smile but i had to show my mainly face :mad: :D oh yeah my idiot coach made me put on the cleto reyes gloves aka the puncher gloves. i was thinkin man my coach is wrong

Scottie2Hottie
05-02-2006, 12:52 AM
the guy i sparred said he's never fought some1 that can move in that quickly, he said i was like a cat. i wanted to smile but i had to show my mainly face :mad: :D oh yeah my idiot coach made me put on the cleto reyes gloves aka the puncher gloves. i was thinkin man my coach is wrong

how come you dont like the reyes gloves?

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 12:54 AM
how come you dont like the reyes gloves?

oh i like them. but when i spar ppl im cool with its like fuuuuuuck.cause the reyes gloves feel's like there isnt ne padding in them so your going to feel some punches ya know

Scottie2Hottie
05-02-2006, 12:55 AM
oh i like them. but when i spar ppl im cool with its like fuuuuuuck.cause the reyes gloves feel's like there isnt ne padding in them so your going to feel some punches ya know

ive never laced up a pair, but ive heard theyre like an extra set of knuckles.

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 12:57 AM
ive never laced up a pair, but ive heard theyre like an extra set of knuckles.

**** yeah.i jus know realized i wore them a few times at the gym today.there is no cusion in there at all really. now i see why morales or whoever it was didnt want manny to use them

Gio
05-02-2006, 12:59 AM

:lol1: Seriouly though, i wanna see u go all out on the heavyest bag u have with no cords, no big ass gloves , just all out.

Ur always talking about ur power and i wanna see what ya got.

Scottie2Hottie
05-02-2006, 12:59 AM
**** yeah.i jus know realized i wore them a few times at the gym today.there is no cusion in there at all really. now i see why morales or whoever it was didnt want manny to use them

ive heard that you cant wear reyes in an amateur fight, is that true? :confused:

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 01:03 AM
:lol1: Seriouly though, i wanna see u go all out on the heavyest bag u have with no cords, no big ass gloves , just all out.

Ur always talking about ur power and i wanna see what ya got.

what size gloves 12oz?? i'll try to do it sometime this week.

Scottie2Hottie
05-02-2006, 01:05 AM
mystyal, i dunno how you put up with it. everytime you post a video you get people givin you ****. i almost never wanna post **** up cuz of all the ****in **** id get.

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 01:05 AM
ive heard that you cant wear reyes in an amateur fight, is that true? :confused:

no clue. but probabaly. i think i a pro fight i can seriously knock a mother ****out with those gloves. they fit so slung in my hands.not like the everast though. with the reyes it feels like they belong in your fist. but there also like over a hundred also :D

Scottie2Hottie
05-02-2006, 01:06 AM
no clue. but probabaly. i think i a pro fight i can seriously knock a mother ****out with those gloves. they fit so slung in my hands.not like the everast though. with the reyes it feels like they belong in your fist. but there also like over a hundred also :D

i wanna buy a pair just to see how they feel (well i would if i had 100 bucks lyin around lol). i throw on my 12 oz everlast gloves and i can do damage, id wanna see what happens when im wearin reyes

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 01:07 AM
mystyal, i dunno how you put up with it. everytime you post a video you get people givin you ****. i almost never wanna post **** up cuz of all the ****in **** id get.

its really nothing super negative. now with the other ppls videos on here they be gettin some ****.ahahaha, ppl on here r jus mad cause i wont show them my full package of what i got so they think its an excuse. but they have never said negative things about my defense and speed and power. so im straight,but for every1 else i feel sorry for :o

Scottie2Hottie
05-02-2006, 01:08 AM
its really nothing super negative. now with the other ppls videos on here they be gettin some ****.ahahaha, ppl on here r jus mad cause i wont show them my full package of what i got so they think its an excuse. but they have never said negative things about my defense and speed and power. so im straight,but for every1 else i feel sorry for :o

LOL i was just browsin the thread with boxer2k5's vides and he was catchin MAD ****, even though in one of those vids the guy was like 2 times bigger

Living Legend
05-02-2006, 01:14 AM
You need to throw more punches pimp. I can tell when you aren't goign to throw and when are going to throw, but it really doesn't matter because you are so damn buff, you aren't going to really land anything good anyway. You looked much better when you were sick...It seems liek the more you post the tighter you get...You have probably bee lifting more weights since you were challenged...It's obvious you are quick and strong, but that ain't **** if you only have a half ass jab, followed bya short ass hook and uppercut...My advice is be more fluid and throw more punches...

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 01:15 AM
LOL i was just browsin the thread with boxer2k5's vides and he was catchin MAD ****, even though in one of those vids the guy was like 2 times bigger

yeah most of the guys that post videos on here do get alot of ****. but if u wanna talk **** jus tell me what i can work on while u doing it. so later on when im making money i can be the owner of the company that your a janitor at ;)

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 01:21 AM
You need to throw more punches pimp. I can tell when you aren't goign to throw and when are going to throw, but it really doesn't matter because you are so damn buff, you aren't going to really land anything good anyway. You looked much better when you were sick...It seems liek the more you post the tighter you get...You have probably bee lifting more weights since you were challenged...It's obvious you are quick and strong, but that ain't **** if you only have a half ass jab, followed bya short ass hook and uppercut...My advice is be more fluid and throw more punches...

oh with my jab im still workin on it, i dont know if i wanna paw at them with it until i go in or do other things.and u tell me when ever i went in fast that u knew what i was going to do. if u would have seen how fast i did it in real time then u would think differently. and honestly i think i did alot better today compared to when i was sick,cause i did alot of feints and i came in quick, and tryed to get off combos but he was moving to much.and the hooks i want to keep them short and compact as for my uppercuts. and naw i dont lift weight. and it seems like im tight cause how my muscles r,well my chest muscles so i cant help that 1 :)

Gio
05-02-2006, 01:21 AM

I aint giving him **** at all. He's always talking about how powerful his punches are. I just want to see if its true or hype.

what size gloves 12oz?? i'll try to do it sometime this week.

12's are great.

Scottie2Hottie
05-02-2006, 01:23 AM
I aint giving him **** at all. He's always talking about how powerful his punches are. I just want to see if its true or hype.

12's are great.

alright man, thought i sensed a little hostility. keep chillin.

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 01:25 AM
[QUOTE=Gio]I aint giving him **** at all. He's always talking about how powerful his punches are. I just want to see if its true or hype.

well u know it aint hype if u saw me moving the bag like crazt(not pushing it) with a resistant band and 16s. i have hand speed like certain pros(that i wont name). but if i give u names i would be forced to hurry up and buy a video camera to show more of an real time speed cause no1 would believe me

Gio
05-02-2006, 01:25 AM
alright man, thought i sensed a little hostility. keep chillin.

Nope, just curious as why he hasn't done it yet.

Scottie2Hottie
05-02-2006, 01:27 AM
man, postin here was fun tonight. this part of the forum's been fallin off lately, all i see are two kinds of threads. "what is (insert pro here)'s training routine" and "HELP ME I DONT KNOW HOW TO BOX AND I WANT TO LEARN SO I CAN GET CUT."

Gio
05-02-2006, 01:28 AM
[QUOTE=Gio]I aint giving him **** at all. He's always talking about how powerful his punches are. I just want to see if its true or hype.

well u know it aint hype if u saw me moving the bag like crazt(not pushing it) with a resistant band and 16s. i have hand speed like certain pros(that i wont name). but if i give u names i would be forced to hurry up and buy a video camera to show more of an real time speed cause no1 would believe me

Well, when u do post it, and i'll match it or be even faster.

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 01:29 AM

hahaha. u wanna make a wage on that.for my size of 168 i throw punches like a 130pounder, and like i said before why lie when some1s going to ask u to do it. hate to be ****y. but ppl on here really might not see in gifted,im the fastest and hit the hardest at my gym. u find some1 like that at other gyms :)

Scottie2Hottie
05-02-2006, 01:30 AM

what weight do you fight at?

Gio
05-02-2006, 01:43 AM
hahaha. u wanna make a wage on that.for my size of 168 i throw punches like a 130pounder, and like i said before why lie when some1s going to ask u to do it. hate to be ****y. but ppl on here really might not see in gifted,im the fastest and hit the hardest at my gym. u find some1 like that at other gyms :)

well ****, i throw like im 126 then :p

Most of ur punches seem to be loopy punches like hooks and uppercuts, and ur power is more like blunt force.

Most of my puches are short, straight punches and have snapping power.

Yeah, lets make a wager then, whats the guide line?

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 01:47 AM
well ****, i throw like im 126 then :p

Most of ur punches seem to be loopy punches like hooks and uppercuts, and ur power is more like blunt force.

Most of my puches are short, straight punches and have snapping power.

Yeah, lets make a wager then, whats the guide line?

haha no guide like's jus punch's on a bag with at least 12ounce gloves. and u have to put the gloves in the camera to see if there really is.u will see how fast my hands r ahahaa. this is going to be to easy. 100million point bet? and u better be fast as hell for callin me out and i mean pretty boy floyd fast. cause like i said before my camera is decieving.

Gio
05-02-2006, 01:50 AM
haha no guide like's jus punch's on a bag with at least 12ounce gloves. and u have to put the gloves in the camera to see if there really is.u will see how fast my hands r ahahaa. this is going to be to easy. 100million point bet?

**** man, i dont know how to do all this point betting ****.

I only have 8,10, 16 and 24 oz gloves. U have any of these?

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 01:54 AM
**** man, i dont know how to do all this point betting ****.

I only have 8,10, 16 and 24 oz gloves. U have any of these?

i got 16s. and on the bag when i throw combos i throw them in spurts like 5hits in a second or less

there we got a deal now im going to bed. :)

Gio
05-02-2006, 01:59 AM
Whenever...

LightsOut Le
05-02-2006, 02:02 AM
haha yeh reyes glvoes are mean on sparring...plus they are more narrow so i always feint a right and get a up jab...my glove is turned vertically so i can get the up-jab through there defence and from there i jsut throw combos...

reyes glvoes kinda hurt my thumnb..i like the feel but my right thumb is killin me..its either the way i wrap my hands or its the glvoes

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 07:57 AM
haha yeh reyes glvoes are mean on sparring...plus they are more narrow so i always feint a right and get a up jab...my glove is turned vertically so i can get the up-jab through there defence and from there i jsut throw combos...

reyes glvoes kinda hurt my thumnb..i like the feel but my right thumb is killin me..its either the way i wrap my hands or its the glvoes

probably the way u wrap them hands cause i have thumb problems and it dont bother me

Rockin'
05-02-2006, 08:11 AM
If you guys want to do the competition Ill judge your bag work.

Rockin' :boxing:

Floydmayweather
05-02-2006, 02:55 PM

Nobody throws with 100% power in sparring or at least they shouldnt. Looks pretty good but u need to work behind a jab and move up and down a more.

Rockin'
05-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Nobody throws with 100% power in sparring or at least they shouldnt. Looks pretty good but u need to work behind a jab and move up and down a more.

Then you havent walked where I have or where Mystal2k5 has. There are plenty of hard fighting gyms in this world. They will produce a nice share of champions in the future. You gotta be tough just to train there.

EXIGE
05-02-2006, 03:40 PM
My criticisms:
- When you move in keep feet apart. Moving them together = you get KD.
- Use different defense systems. Dont just try and slip, also paw the punches away with your right hand and perhaps counter with the left. So switch that up.
- Chin always down, generally ok on that though.
- Jab your way in, dont hook your way in. Something you might wanna work on is light quick jabs to get on the inside, and then throw the right hand straight down the centre like a javelin.
- When you jab make sure your arm guards your chin. Therefore if i try and throw a right hook off your jab, it wont hit you in the head, it will hit your arm.

You know me, im not hating, but take it or leave it, the criticisms are there.

supaduck
05-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Yo Mystyal, I know this might of been mentioned earlier but take it from me as well, you obviously hit very hard, I hit pretty hard as well (probably not as hard as you judging by your bag work vid, but hard enough to KO someone if I hit them on the chin) and I pretty much always have to go for stoppages cos im short for my weight as well.

And I frequently fight these lanky cunts who throw weak 1-2s which literally don't phase me at all, and I have to get in on them and knock the ****ers... It's hard to do so in the amateurs. So what I advise you do is just go all out with your power so that the ref stops it or you hit him on the chin and you'll knock them out.

I have 11 wins and 2 losses on my record, with 10kos (7 stoppages), and both my losses have been against tall lanky guys who dodge me and throw ****ing **** power 1-2s which I shrug off but the judges score. So with your power you should go for stoppages and KOS (how you do it is another matter). Good luck and all with boxing.

Scottie2Hottie
05-02-2006, 04:46 PM

lol, they do if youre a white kid training at a gym full of dominicans.

Southpaw16
05-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Looks good, but don't forget about body punching. As a short guy who hits hard, the body shots are your bread and butter.

GreatestIam
05-02-2006, 05:53 PM
man honestly you seem timid in the ring you dont attack, it seems liek your kinda guns shy, and you get inside and dont do anything but the tyson bob, if you actaully let your hands go you might do more damage and look alot better, im going to have to post one of my sparring sessions on here to show you!

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 09:33 PM
My criticisms:
- When you move in keep feet apart. Moving them together = you get KD.
- Use different defense systems. Dont just try and slip, also paw the punches away with your right hand and perhaps counter with the left. So switch that up.
- Chin always down, generally ok on that though.
- Jab your way in, dont hook your way in. Something you might wanna work on is light quick jabs to get on the inside, and then throw the right hand straight down the centre like a javelin.
- When you jab make sure your arm guards your chin. Therefore if i try and throw a right hook off your jab, it wont hit you in the head, it will hit your arm.

You know me, im not hating, but take it or leave it, the criticisms are there.

haha. most of the stuff u named i did, i had some quick jabs in there u jus really couldnt see it cause my camera doesnt show my real time speed. and different defense's? naw i like tyson more cant change now. and getting in with my jab? u saw how fast i got in with the hooks to begin with i have really quick foot speed, but yeah i get what u saying

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Yo Mystyal, I know this might of been mentioned earlier but take it from me as well, you obviously hit very hard, I hit pretty hard as well (probably not as hard as you judging by your bag work vid, but hard enough to KO someone if I hit them on the chin) and I pretty much always have to go for stoppages cos im short for my weight as well.

And I frequently fight these lanky cunts who throw weak 1-2s which literally don't phase me at all, and I have to get in on them and knock the ****ers... It's hard to do so in the amateurs. So what I advise you do is just go all out with your power so that the ref stops it or you hit him on the chin and you'll knock them out.

I have 11 wins and 2 losses on my record, with 10kos (7 stoppages), and both my losses have been against tall lanky guys who dodge me and throw ****ing **** power 1-2s which I shrug off but the judges score. So with your power you should go for stoppages and KOS (how you do it is another matter). Good luck and all with boxing.

yeah thats what i heard if u get hit its like a huge deal. but i think my defense of slipping punches is pretty good. and u see how fast i can get past 1s and 2s with my footwork. but yeah ko.s r the answer. i want to get the attention of de la hoya since he's always in san antonio, then even if i dont make millions i will know i made it cause he picked me up

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Looks good, but don't forget about body punching. As a short guy who hits hard, the body shots are your bread and butter.

i was doing a **** load of bodyshots, when ever i went in thats what i threw first, it was jus bad camera angles

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 09:42 PM
man honestly you seem timid in the ring you dont attack, it seems liek your kinda guns shy, and you get inside and dont do anything but the tyson bob, if you actaully let your hands go you might do more damage and look alot better, im going to have to post one of my sparring sessions on here to show you!

ahahah alright greatest :) . u said i didnt attack? did u see how many times i did fients on him to get in?and when i did get inside he help me as u can clearly see in the videos, and gun shy?? i really cool with the guy so im not going to knock his head off cause he wont spar with me ne more like alot of other ppl at my gym

GreatestIam
05-02-2006, 10:15 PM
ahahah alright greatest :) . u said i didnt attack? did u see how many times i did fients on him to get in?and when i did get inside he help me as u can clearly see in the videos, and gun shy?? i really cool with the guy so im not going to knock his head off cause he wont spar with me ne more like alot of other ppl at my gym

see thats it right there ALI, TYSON, etc didnt care if they where in there with there brother or mother for that matter, they got work and may not have been tryin to KO the guy ( who does in sparring) but they went in there trying to get the other guy to quit or get as much GOOD SOLID WORK AS THEY COULD against him as possible. I myself am about 175 and have sparred with a 6'3 220 guy at my gym who is way to slow for me and just tryed to beat him like a child rather then KO him by moving and giving him stiff jabs and crosses straight to the dome, you just seem to friendly in the ring and that **** if not fixed quick will overflow into one of your fights watch!

Smokin'
05-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Mysytyal, if I gotta say one thing its u dont accept criticism well. These guys are judging you (which you intend to do or you wouldn't of posted the thing up), and your just saying how you did all of those things.

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Mysytyal, if I gotta say one thing its u dont accept criticism well. These guys are judging you (which you intend to do or you wouldn't of posted the thing up), and your just saying how you did all of those things.

not all of them i said most of them. i've watched the tape more then ne 1 probably and alot of the things ppl say i did. but u either cant tell from the camera angle or the speed of my phone when recording. name somethings i said i did that i didnt in the tape

iwagh911
05-02-2006, 10:44 PM
From and outside perspective I think you look good Mystyal - obviously Tyson has had some influence on you or your style, but I think that is a good thing!

I live in Austin (whatupATX), maybe I can come down and watch you fight?

iwagh

Verstyle
05-02-2006, 10:51 PM
From and outside perspective I think you look good Mystyal - obviously Tyson has had some influence on you or your style, but I think that is a good thing!

I live in Austin (whatupATX), maybe I can come down and watch you fight?

iwagh

im fightin i think on the 19th this month

Pugnacious_Z
05-03-2006, 08:22 AM
good fighting mystyal, it looks like u got good endurance and that guy was running from you alot which must be annoying as hell. only thing i can say is try not to run at him 2 fast coz that just scares him and makes him run back real quik not leting u get off ur punches, maybe you cud only throw jabs and straights to corner him, then you cud really do damage. But all in all, good fighting, keep it up

Scottie2Hottie
05-03-2006, 09:32 AM
the problem with these camera phone vids is that they arent in real time, so when you see mystyal pounce and throw, it doesnt look as fast as it really is.

he doesnt throw a lot of punches cuz he spent like 10 percent of that fight within range, the rest of the time he was stalking.

wiso2008
05-03-2006, 10:32 AM
mystyal2k5 how old are you? How long have you being boxing what weight are you fighting on.

mgkirkpatrick
05-03-2006, 11:53 AM
hmm i dont know. u seem pretty good. landing with that left hook.. the **** camera is a pain. also the guy you're sparring is a*****. p.s u were joking about delahoya noticing you right?

EXIGE
05-03-2006, 12:13 PM
haha. most of the stuff u named i did,
- When you move in keep feet apart. Moving them together = you get KD. You did this...
- Use different defense systems. Dont just try and slip, also paw the punches away with your right hand and perhaps counter with the left. So switch that up. If you arent prepared to change your defence you will get worked out easily and saying that you want to copy Tyson is a poor reason to not want to advance. In fact Tyson made use of blocking but it was subtle. Watch his fights with Evander Holyfield and Frank Bruno.
- Chin always down, generally ok on that though. You had your chin out to dry on more than one occasion-
- Jab your way in, dont hook your way in. Something you might wanna work on is light quick jabs to get on the inside, and then throw the right hand straight down the centre like a javelin. Well this is effective for me, and i am relatively small. If you dont want to use this then its your loss. And you didnt do this. Multiple light quick jabs and a right hand i didnt see evidence of.
- When you jab make sure your arm guards your chin. Therefore if i try and throw a right hook off your jab, it wont hit you in the head, it will hit your arm. You didnt do this, and it will only make you a worse fighter if you dont do it.

i had some quick jabs in there u jus really couldnt see it cause my camera doesnt show my real time speed. and different defense's? naw i like tyson more cant change now. and getting in with my jab? u saw how fast i got in with the hooks to begin with i have really quick foot speed, but yeah i get what u saying
Im telling you those are the things you are doing wrong, and you tell me that you did those things? Do i need to make a .gif for each one or something? Trust me, you did these things. Also tuck elbows in. in the first couple of minutes of the video your left elbow in particular was not protecting you from possible right hooks to the body...

Take it or leave it homie.

mgkirkpatrick
05-03-2006, 12:24 PM
how do u put video in your posts?

Verstyle
05-03-2006, 03:23 PM
hmm i dont know. u seem pretty good. landing with that left hook.. the **** camera is a pain. also the guy you're sparring is a*****. p.s u were joking about delahoya noticing you right?

no. do alot of other guys joke when they want promoters. i've seen alot of sucky fights get promoters. jus look at golden boys line up right now. and i mean at there web site some ppl u have never heard of. but yeah i know for a fact i will have de la hoya as my promoter. jus gotta put your mind to it and train your ass off :)

Verstyle
05-03-2006, 03:25 PM
- When you move in keep feet apart. Moving them together = you get KD. You did this...
- Use different defense systems. Dont just try and slip, also paw the punches away with your right hand and perhaps counter with the left. So switch that up. If you arent prepared to change your defence you will get worked out easily and saying that you want to copy Tyson is a poor reason to not want to advance. In fact Tyson made use of blocking but it was subtle. Watch his fights with Evander Holyfield and Frank Bruno.
- Chin always down, generally ok on that though. You had your chin out to dry on more than one occasion-
- Jab your way in, dont hook your way in. Something you might wanna work on is light quick jabs to get on the inside, and then throw the right hand straight down the centre like a javelin. Well this is effective for me, and i am relatively small. If you dont want to use this then its your loss. And you didnt do this. Multiple light quick jabs and a right hand i didnt see evidence of.
- When you jab make sure your arm guards your chin. Therefore if i try and throw a right hook off your jab, it wont hit you in the head, it will hit your arm. You didnt do this, and it will only make you a worse fighter if you dont do it.

Im telling you those are the things you are doing wrong, and you tell me that you did those things? Do i need to make a .gif for each one or something? Trust me, you did these things. Also tuck elbows in. in the first couple of minutes of the video your left elbow in particular was not protecting you from possible right hooks to the body...

be honest with u. yeah make some gifts cause alot of that stuff i did.

Verstyle
05-03-2006, 03:25 PM

ahaha whats wrong with my defense now. if it aint broke dont fix it right. u hardly ever see me get hit in my videos and off videos also. i've sparred with fast mother****ers and i jus slip there punches. and the tyson that fought holyfield LOST. and the frank bruno which 1 r u talkin about.

and for jabs. come on exige u didnt really see my throwing jabs to get in :eek: watch tyson vs.smith when ever tyson used his jab smith would run away and it seemed like he wasnt tryin to get in with it cause of the actions of smith.

and with the keeping my jab and straight close to my face when throwing it i do do that. look at my heavy bag work out, my camera is alot closer so u can see what im doing. and u said lightning jabs i threw some fast jabs u jus couldnt tell cause it wasnt in realtime.

and with the elbow tucking when ever they try to throw a shot to the body i bob to that direction.

so to sum it all up, do i want to do another style as it seems like what u wrote suggest? NO. i want to mimick as much of tyson's style as possible cause im very effective with it. not until i get my ass whipped then i will consider doing other things if it benifits me. but alot of those things u said i did. u have maybe watch that video a few times. i watched it over 30 times and i was actually the 1 in the ring ahaha. so yeah, i would know what i did and didnt do.

MusclesMalone
05-03-2006, 04:37 PM
ahaha whats wrong with my defense now. if it aint broke dont fix it right. u hardly ever see me get hit in my videos and off videos also. i've sparred with fast mother****ers and i jus slip there punches. and the tyson that fought holyfield LOST. and the frank bruno which 1 r u talkin about.

and for jabs. come on exige u didnt really see my throwing jabs to get in :eek: watch tyson vs.smith when ever tyson used his jab smith would run away and it seemed like he wasnt tryin to get in with it cause of the actions of smith.

and with the keeping my jab and straight close to my face when throwing it i do do that. look at my heavy bag work out, my camera is alot closer so u can see what im doing. and u said lightning jabs i threw some fast jabs u jus couldnt tell cause it wasnt in realtime.

and with the elbow tucking when ever they try to throw a shot to the body i bob to that direction.

so to sum it all up, do i want to do another style as it seems like what u wrote suggest? NO. i want to mimick as much of tyson's style as possible cause im very effective with it. not until i get my ass whipped then i will consider doing other things if it benifits me. but alot of those things u said i did. u have maybe watch that video a few times. i watched it over 30 times and i was actually the 1 in the ring ahaha. so yeah, i would know what i did and didnt do.

props for putting up he video, but learn to accept critism. and truthfully trying to emulate tyson so much isnt a good thing man, develop your own style, dont refuse things just because tyson didn't do them. thats a retarded thing to do. and to let you know, i am also very short for my weight class, and use some tyson like slipping and bobbing, it works well. but the best thing i ever did was practice parrying jabs(did this a lot). trust me you and i being short, get jabbed at all day, amke that punch ineffective and your rolling.

Verstyle
05-03-2006, 04:40 PM
props for putting up he video, but learn to accept critism. and truthfully trying to emulate tyson so much isnt a good thing man, develop your own style, dont refuse things just because tyson didn't do them. thats a retarded thing to do. and to let you know, i am also very short for my weight class, and use some tyson like slipping and bobbing, it works well. but the best thing i ever did was practice parrying jabs(did this a lot). trust me you and i being short, get jabbed at all day, amke that punch ineffective and your rolling.

i've tried numerous styles like cotto's,trinidad's, floyd's but im comfortable with tyson's been practing it for almost 2 years now. so why change now right?

MusclesMalone
05-03-2006, 04:49 PM
i've tried numerous styles like cotto's,trinidad's, floyd's but im comfortable with tyson's been practing it for almost 2 years now. so why change now right?

im not saying change, but dont stick religously to it. make it your own style, do things tyson didnt. bob and weave and infight all day. but, you will never be another tyson, change his style abit. all im saying is dont limit yourself because tyson didint do something....

Verstyle
05-03-2006, 04:53 PM
im not saying change, but dont stick religously to it. make it your own style, do things tyson didnt. bob and weave and infight all day. but, you will never be another tyson, change his style abit. all im saying is dont limit yourself because tyson didint do something....

well i dont do everything everything tyson does. he doesnt do fients as much as i do.

MusclesMalone
05-03-2006, 04:56 PM
well i dont do everything everything tyson does. he doesnt do fients as much as i do.

see and thats a good example. so when some1 suggest using your hands to block more, don't say, tyson didn't do it, so i won't. you could be friggin amazing at it if you started practicing it. see what im sayin?
anyway props again for the video, and goodluck in the future with your boxing career.

Verstyle
05-03-2006, 04:58 PM
see and thats a good example. so when some1 suggest using your hands to block more, don't say, tyson didn't do it, so i won't. you could be friggin amazing at it if you started practicing it. see what im sayin?
anyway props again for the video, and goodluck in the future with your boxing career.

i did it before, and didnt like it at all so i stopped. the hand blocking that is. it takes more skill to slip a punch.and it gives me room to counter. but if theres room i can try it again and see what i can do to work it on how i fight

MusclesMalone
05-03-2006, 05:18 PM
i did it before, and didnt like it at all so i stopped. the hand blocking that is. it takes more skill to slip a punch.and it gives me room to counter. but if theres room i can try it again and see what i can do to work it on how i fight

yea like all im saying is its a nice skill to have mixed in, if you parry the jab and they throw a right aftwerwards, its easy to slip in under that right, and bam your in the money.

Rockin'
05-03-2006, 05:36 PM

Learning to use your gloves to catch as a defense tool is huge. Take some time and learn it. Catch, roll and flourish.....

yrrej
05-03-2006, 08:16 PM
No action. Looks like slow motion.

hotbox2316
05-03-2006, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=Rockin1]Learning to use your gloves to catch as a defense tool is huge. Take some time and learn it. Catch, roll and flourish.....

why dont you consider being a trainer or are you one?

Verstyle
05-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Learning to use your gloves to catch as a defense tool is huge. Take some time and learn it. Catch, roll and flourish.....

i've done it before but i'm jus not a big fan. thats how my coach showed me

Verstyle
05-03-2006, 08:56 PM
No action. Looks like slow motion.

no action. maybe from the other guy not me.

Rockin'
05-03-2006, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=Rockin1]Learning to use your gloves to catch as a defense tool is huge. Take some time and learn it. Catch, roll and flourish.....

why dont you consider being a trainer or are you one?

I have one 13 year old kid that Im working with. He's been training about a year and a half. When I cut him loose he is going to be tearing in hard. The kids got potential, plus hes a nice polite kid.

aljon
05-03-2006, 10:12 PM
what's your weight?

Verstyle
05-03-2006, 10:39 PM
what's your weight?

right now like 165lbs but by the 19th i will be around 152lbs for amatuer's. and i wanna fight at 147 as a pro

Da Iceman
05-03-2006, 10:57 PM
right now like 165lbs but by the 19th i will be around 152lbs for amatuer's. and i wanna fight at 147 as a pro
you sure you wanna fight at 147, you would lose power? i only watched half the video, and i have some constructive criticizim. you could use your jab more when he's moving around like he was, and like atlas says dont be afraid to let your hands go on the inside.

Tysonisgod
05-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Right i watched your tape a few times and this is what ive notice you need to work on

Be first- most of the time you were waitin on the other guy, and if not you were lungin in with wild misses

Not cutting off the ring

let him catch u standin doin nuttin with right hands

head movement is always left to right never anythin else like tyson when he was gettin to the lewis fight

jab is almost non-existant

You are runnin and jumpin into him tryin to get big shots of and sometimes not throwin any jst tryin to get inside

you are throwing,big "powerfull" punches durin a spar which you shouldnt do cos sparring is for technique when your at the stage that you are at

The guy was backing up in straight lines at points and you didnt take advantage.

Not a big range of punches,body punches,hooks and uppercuts should cum into it alot more,

Hope you take this as ive acctually studyed your tape for a while to give u a good response, but to make it as pro or even a good amature u hav alot to work on power will only get you so far, and i didnt see alot of that in there either

Da Iceman
05-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Right i watched your tape a few times and this is what ive notice you need to work on

Be first- most of the time you were waitin on the other guy, and if not you were lungin in with wild misses

Not cutting off the ring

head movement is always left to right never anythin else like tyson when he was gettin to the lewis fight

You are runnin and jumpin into him tryin to get big shots of and sometimes not throwin any jst tryin to get inside

you are throwing,big "powerfull" punches durin a spar which you shouldnt do cos sparring is for technique when your at the stage that you are at

The guy was backing up in straight lines at points and you didnt take advantage.

Not a big range of punches,body punches,hooks and uppercuts should cum into it alot more,

Hope you take this as ive acctually studyed your tape for a while to give u a good response, but to make it as pro or even a good amature u hav alot to work on power will only get you so far, and i didnt see alot of that in there either
notice the use of the the "cum" instead of "come", somebody is thinking nasty.

Verstyle
05-03-2006, 11:47 PM
you sure you wanna fight at 147, you would lose power? i only watched half the video, and i have some constructive criticizim. you could use your jab more when he's moving around like he was, and like atlas says dont be afraid to let your hands go on the inside.

thats whats cool about me. i dont lose power when i drop weight. and my hands become alot faster

Rockin'
05-03-2006, 11:50 PM
thats whats cool about me. i dont lose power when i drop weight. and my hands become alot faster

But your opponents become faster too as you drop weight. Are your eyes timed for the faster shots or have you been sparring with bigger guys who throw slower punches?

Verstyle
05-03-2006, 11:53 PM

Not cutting off the ring

first off those werent big powerful shots ahahaha. u obviously havnt seen my other videos on here ;)

not alot of hooks and body punch? when ever i did do hooks u didnt notice how he tied me up or r u watchin something im not :confused:

most of the stuff that u named i did. i didnt bold all of it but yeah i did. r u guys lookin at the same video i am? cutting off the ring i was doing alot,u cant continue to cut off the ring,never saw foreman or tyson keep there guy in the same place all the time. and where do u see me running i didnt run at all in that video, i had very quick footwork though. and lunging in with wild misses? when did i do alot of wild misses?

Verstyle
05-03-2006, 11:55 PM
But your opponents become faster too as you drop weight. Are your eyes timed for the faster shots or have you been sparring with bigger guys who throw slower punches?

i usually at my gym spar with lighter ppl and alot of times at other gyms to. and they do have some handspeed on them :D thats another reason why my defense is so good(well not according to alot of ppl on here,although all the videos i've posted i hardly get hit :thinking: ) i spar with alot of big ppl also, i like workin on combos with bigger ppl. but yeah i spar with small ppl alot

Verstyle
05-03-2006, 11:58 PM
i swear alot of u guys look at the videos and criticize likr i did horrible. but i like criticizm, but when its things that u guys said i need to work on that i was clearly doing in the video it doesnt help me. with the **** i hear it seems like i get my ass handed to me in all my sparring videos. :confused:

LightsOut Le
05-04-2006, 12:28 AM
honestly..i cant really watch boxing...i need to see it first hand...up close so i can relly see anything...in the video looks like you were doing real good...so probally in real life your probally a killer(cameras tend to make people slower)

LightsOut Le
05-04-2006, 12:28 AM
wat i meant by watch boxing..is like on tv or videos...

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 12:33 AM
honestly..i cant really watch boxing...i need to see it first hand...up close so i can relly see anything...in the video looks like you were doing real good...so probally in real life your probally a killer(cameras tend to make people slower)

yeah i told ppl early in the post that the realtime on my phone is way off cause im alot slower looking. but they looked past that and said i need to throw my jab faster and things like that. there going to make me go out and buy a 400dollar video camera from best buy :mad:

LightsOut Le
05-04-2006, 12:40 AM
haha
**** i know what you mean...ii think its just your head thats why..we have a video camera mounted on a wall..and when i look back on the tape...i seem alot...alot slower then how i feel in the ring...

i figure its probally your head and thinkning too much thats what makes everything go by fast...

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 12:44 AM
haha
**** i know what you mean...ii think its just your head thats why..we have a video camera mounted on a wall..and when i look back on the tape...i seem alot...alot slower then how i feel in the ring...

i figure its probally your head and thinkning too much thats what makes everything go by fast...

naw i have a few sparring videos on video camera and im going at a fast speed. if u turned up the volume of the video u would have heard the guy recording me saying that im moving to fast. i wish i can put what i have with me boxing on here but its an old as video camera :o

LightsOut Le
05-04-2006, 12:45 AM
oh...damn guess that means im slow =o

**** i cant really throw fast tho..its weird for me to throw fast i need to put some strength behind it...and at my gym we cant really go hard unless the coach isnt around

mgkirkpatrick
05-04-2006, 12:58 AM
i dont know why all u guys are bothering to respond. he's flawless - just ask him

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 01:01 AM
i dont know why all u guys are bothering to respond. he's flawless - just ask him

shut up. the **** they said i was doing. not all of it but alot. before u talk **** newbie why dont u get some research on my other videos and u will see i asked for help which i added to my current work out and sparring

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 01:02 AM
oh...damn guess that means im slow =o

**** i cant really throw fast tho..its weird for me to throw fast i need to put some strength behind it...and at my gym we cant really go hard unless the coach isnt around

ppl used to tell me to throw you hands like your trying to take your arm outta the socket and it worked for me. i have incredible speed for the size i am.

mgkirkpatrick
05-04-2006, 01:16 AM
shut up. the **** they said i was doing. not all of it but alot. before u talk **** newbie why dont u get some research on my other videos and u will see i asked for help which i added to my current work out and sparring

ok so uve taken some stuff on board from previous posts but now with this video there is nothing to u'd change? right on. people like exige have give u great constructive criticism which could make the difference for a boxer like u who seems to have alot of ability its your choice whether or not u are man enough to learn from others.

call me a newbie cause i haven't been playin on the net for as long as u? its just a pity u cant take your post count around with you.

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 01:19 AM
ok so uve taken some stuff on board from previous posts but now with this video there is nothing to u'd change? right on. people like exige have give u great constructive criticism which could make the difference for a boxer like u who seems to have alot of ability its your choice whether or not u are man enough to learn from others.

call me a newbie cause i haven't been playin on the net for as long as u? its just a pity u cant take your post count around with you.

i respect my post count cause i have learned alot of boxing knowledge while being here. and then even if i did everything they said, the next video there going to criticize about something else and then over and over and over. u get what im sayin, it will never end, doing it like that i will be changing my style faster then superman and batman in a ghetto and then what would i have accomplished. :confused:

mgkirkpatrick
05-04-2006, 01:26 AM
i respect my post count cause i have learned alot of boxing knowledge while being here. and then even if i did everything they said, the next video there going to criticize about something else and then over and over and over. u get what im sayin, it will never end, doing it like that i will be changing my style faster then superman and batman in a ghetto and then what would i have accomplished. :confused:

ok good point about the post count because u can learn alot on here however i dont think u can judge people because they dont have one. i see your take on it and this is mine - people are going to keep critizing and hating everytime someone posts a video. its your job to keep an open mind and take in the stuff thats going to make u a better fighter. because at the end of the day thats what u want. i think the people on here who are giving you good advice arent telling you to change your whole style tehy are telling you with the style and tools u have .. if you incorporated this or that.. ud be a better fighter. dig? eg when people are saying learn to parry.. well sure you're bobbing and weaving is doing well but if u can parry as well that adds another dimension to your game. if u r serious about making it pro the more well rounded u r the better. if u dont acknowledge n e of that i give up

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 01:31 AM
ok good point about the post count because u can learn alot on here however i dont think u can judge people because they dont have one. i see your take on it and this is mine - people are going to keep critizing and hating everytime someone posts a video. its your job to keep an open mind and take in the stuff thats going to make u a better fighter. because at the end of the day thats what u want. i think the people on here who are giving you good advice arent telling you to change your whole style tehy are telling you with the style and tools u have .. if you incorporated this or that.. ud be a better fighter. dig? eg when people are saying learn to parry.. well sure you're bobbing and weaving is doing well but if u can parry as well that adds another dimension to your game. if u r serious about making it pro the more well rounded u r the better. if u dont acknowledge n e of that i give up

like i said i get what your saying. but alot of the stuff they named i did in the video,so i was like what the ****?? i did that. like 4 things that named i didnt, and a few of those wouldnt suit my style. but be honest with me with this 1. if im not gettin my ass handed to me why change now.do basketball teams hurry up and change there defense although they were the number 1 defensive team in the nba? hell no. now if they start doing really bad then adjust right?

PhatMonkey
05-04-2006, 01:33 AM
You were not that good dude.
Sorry.

JDizzle79
05-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Sorry.

he's pretty good...he hasn't had one pro fight yet

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Sorry.

neither was your mom but i wasnt complaining :eek:

Rockin'
05-04-2006, 01:36 AM
I recommend concentrating on 2 or 3 technical skills at a time. Your a beginner man, they expect you to fight as a professional would. In time you can and will fight like a pro. Till then focus on just a couple of things. Put to much on your plate at one time and you will never digest it properly.

I think that its cool that you open up to the forum the way that you have. But man, do you know that these people even know what their talking about. Anyone could watch a video and nit pick about things. Focus on a few, learn them well and then continue on.

Personally, I think that they are filling your head with too many things to conquer at one time. You'll get it down man but it will take time.

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 01:37 AM
and with a name like phatmonkey how tell hell do u have room to talk.i dont fight like alot of ppl out there and it shows. but hey u can say im sorry all the way up til u get ready to pay for that 49.95 to see me fight ;)

Rockin'
05-04-2006, 01:38 AM
Sorry.

Hes fine for his experience level. But really, your not that good dude, sorry.

mgkirkpatrick
like i said i get what your saying. but alot of the stuff they named i did in the video,so i was like what the ****?? i did that. like 4 things that named i didnt, and a few of those wouldnt suit my style. but be honest with me with this 1. if im not gettin my ass handed to me why change now.do basketball teams hurry up and change there defense although they were the number 1 defensive team in the nba? hell no. now if they start doing really bad then adjust right?

because in this one at least the guy you are fightin couldnt hand your ass to you if you were in a coma or had no arms. for the underlined bit i couldnt disagree more. the greats in any sport or in any field are always one step ahead. ie. mayweather is a brilliant boxer and 'boxing' is doing great for him but he's learnt to bang as well just to add to his game and have it there. <-- really simplified example but u get me.

Verstyle
I recommend concentrating on 2 or 3 technical skills at a time. Your a beginner man, they expect you to fight as a professional would. In time you can and will fight like a pro. Till then focus on just a couple of things. Put to much on your plate at one time and you will never digest it properly.

I think that its cool that you open up to the forum the way that you have. But man, do you know that these people even know what their talking about. Anyone could watch a video and nit pick about things. Focus on a few, learn them well and then continue on.

Personally, I think that they are filling your head with too many things to conquer at one time. You'll get it down man but it will take time.

yeah they r. to much info all at once. and if u sat back and thought about it. and i changed all the stuff they said my fighting style would be no where close to where it is now, i would be a different fighter

JDizzle79
05-04-2006, 01:39 AM
i smell a lot of haters on here...at least he's doing the damn thing

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 01:41 AM

because in this one at least the guy you are fightin couldnt hand your ass to you if you were in a coma or had no arms. for the underlined bit i couldnt disagree more. the greats in any sport or in any field are always one step ahead. ie. mayweather is a brilliant boxer and 'boxing' is doing great for him but he's learnt to bang as well just to add to his game and have it there. <-- really simplified example but u get me.

yeah i get u. but in sparring i havnt got my ass handed to me horribly, been times where i've ran out of gas and i looked ****ty cause they were hittin me with shots i shouldnt have been hit with.reason i record myself is so i can also evaluate the situation,and i put it on here to see what every1 things and i'll pick which 1 stands out more on what i have to work on.

LightsOut Le
05-04-2006, 01:45 AM
what do you mean throw it like your poppin your arm out fo your socket???

cause i used to do that with my jab..and what wqould happen was it would just be a flick..and people would catch it and come over the top with a right...so now i put more power in my jab to let them respect it. but when my coach is around i usually tend to go at a moderate pace and use around half of my strength

mgkirkpatrick
05-04-2006, 01:47 AM
yeah i get u. but in sparring i havnt got my ass handed to me horribly, been times where i've ran out of gas and i looked ****ty cause they were hittin me with shots i shouldnt have been hit with.reason i record myself is so i can also evaluate the situation,and i put it on here to see what every1 things and i'll pick which 1 stands out more on what i have to work on.

aight man i think we both get each other. nuff said.

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 01:50 AM
what do you mean throw it like your poppin your arm out fo your socket???

cause i used to do that with my jab..and what wqould happen was it would just be a flick..and people would catch it and come over the top with a right...so now i put more power in my jab to let them respect it. but when my coach is around i usually tend to go at a moderate pace and use around half of my strength

like throw your arm out as far as it can go and as fast as u can. it will hurt for like a week or so doing it but u would get used to it.whenever i work with 16s its like i have 10s cause of my form it jus brings out alot of speed

LightsOut Le
05-04-2006, 01:52 AM
aright man ill put that to use tommorow...whens your first fight???i think im gonna fight at that desert showdown event...july 15th ;)

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 01:56 AM
aright man ill put that to use tommorow...whens your first fight???i think im gonna fight at that desert showdown event...july 15th ;)

i think the 19th of this month

LightsOut Le
05-04-2006, 01:56 AM
yeh guess that emans yoru gonna have to put that on video and float it around this website

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 01:57 AM
yeh guess that emans yoru gonna have to put that on video and float it around this website

all this weired criticism, i dont know if i will be honest with ya

kwill7
05-04-2006, 02:28 AM
all this weired criticism, i dont know if i will be honest with ya

how much you weigh?

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 02:28 AM
how much you weigh?

right now 165. but 152 in less then 2 weeks

kwill7
05-04-2006, 02:35 AM
you look pretty good on all your videos, dont worry about them haters. you kinda remind me of myself only ima lil lighter bout 150.

Tysonisgod
05-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Whats the sparring like at your club? do you find yourself easly beatin the guys your in with? are they not on your level? can they not take your punch? cos if they cant then you need better sparring partners, a guy came to my gym when i was 16 and he was 20 said to my trainer needed a young fit guy to spar with cos hes got a fight in 3 month n wanted a bit more experence with young strong kids, and i didnt even get into the second round and he said it was enough....and u only get told its enough for 2 things either your doin really well against someone our not ment to OR because you are gettin destroyed and he only hit me 7 times in 3 minutes...you need to step up the game in the gym, if u prepare for a hard time in the gym n hav hard times the fight will be alot easyier

Pugnacious_Z
05-04-2006, 08:51 AM
hey mystyal, u will always get critism, do u know why? coz no1 is perfect, everything needs to improve

Acero
05-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Not bad atall :)

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Whats the sparring like at your club? do you find yourself easly beatin the guys your in with? are they not on your level? can they not take your punch? cos if they cant then you need better sparring partners, a guy came to my gym when i was 16 and he was 20 said to my trainer needed a young fit guy to spar with cos hes got a fight in 3 month n wanted a bit more experence with young strong kids, and i didnt even get into the second round and he said it was enough....and u only get told its enough for 2 things either your doin really well against someone our not ment to OR because you are gettin destroyed and he only hit me 7 times in 3 minutes...you need to step up the game in the gym, if u prepare for a hard time in the gym n hav hard times the fight will be alot easyier

the sparring in my gym is usally some what light. sometimes i turn it up, then when i pop them hard i have to settle back down. but when i go to other gyms i spar hard cause they try to take my head of so hell i'll do the same,only if the start it first. and im 95% doing well in the gym,the 5% is me with really bad stamina and i get really tired and dizzy and very off balanced. and there no need for me to have a real fight in my OWN gym. cause u said step the game up, hell im not gettin no money from beating the **** outta gyms at my OWN gym

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 11:09 AM
hey mystyal, u will always get critism, do u know why? coz no1 is perfect, everything needs to improve

yeah i know.i wonder what would they criticize with tyson's video of sparring on here :rolleyes:

supaduck
05-04-2006, 11:18 AM
And you never told anyone on here about it before?

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 11:21 AM
And you never told anyone on here about it before?

about what?

Tysonisgod
05-04-2006, 01:20 PM
i dont kill guys in my gym either but u hav to hav someone that can slap u in the head if u try to get to heavy, u need to spar with ppl that r better than u to get better

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 01:22 PM
i dont kill guys in my gym either but u hav to hav someone that can slap u in the head if u try to get to heavy, u need to spar with ppl that r better than u to get better

yeah i know. there aint alot of talent in san antonio i can tell u that 1

supaduck
05-05-2006, 01:05 PM
it's still a cool place though.

Verstyle
05-05-2006, 07:54 PM
it's still a cool place though.

yeah its alright. i love the latina's to many to choose from :D

Kid Achilles
05-06-2006, 02:41 AM
Personally I think Myst looked pretty damned relaxed in their for a guy who hasn't had a fight yet, and no one has commented on this yet. Something you deserve props for.

Verstyle
05-06-2006, 02:47 AM
Personally I think Myst looked pretty damned relaxed in their for a guy who hasn't had a fight yet, and no one has commented on this yet. Something you deserve props for.

they tend to talk about my jab. now didnt i jab enough? the times i did get in i dont wanna clobber him with combos, as u can see in parts of the video where i did combos to him and he couldnt take them and i kept hurting him and he held. but i think i did good in getting in.

Pugnacious_Z
05-06-2006, 08:42 AM
after reading these posts, these guys fail to realise that u havnt had ur first amateur fight yet, there critisising you like your fighting for the belt next month or something. they just want to say u did somethiing wrong just for the sake of saying it.

PunchDrunk
05-06-2006, 09:07 AM
If you haven't had a fight yet, you look damn good.

BrooklynBomber
05-06-2006, 09:51 AM
they tend to talk about my jab. now didnt i jab enough? the times i did get in i dont wanna clobber him with combos, as u can see in parts of the video where i did combos to him and he couldnt take them and i kept hurting him and he held. but i think i did good in getting in.
Dude, you jabbed well enough.
I mean you dont jab all fight. You use jab to either keep your opponent at bay or to set up the combination of your own.
I mean dude, if u did not have an am. fight yet, you look good.
And the guy that you boxed did not look too dead either.

supaduck
05-06-2006, 09:54 AM
I didn't see any problems with his jab. He's good for someone with no fights under his belt.

Verstyle
05-06-2006, 11:28 AM
see most ppl tried to say i didnt jab enough as if i was having trouble in getting in. as fast as i do my fients i think i can get in to ne bodies jab without trying all that hard.what i wanna work on is my fient jab.oh and i've never had trouble with ppl's jabs i think it's pretty damn easy in gettin in. :)

SquareCircle
05-10-2006, 11:17 AM
guy you were fighting had good footwork. I think you landed on him but couldn't really tell as you two were moving so quick it was like low FPS blurs in the exchanges. i gave the match to you though but respected the guy's footwork.

I saw spots where if I were the white guy I would've pushed you forward and just unloaded on you, easy way to dispatch a novice swarmer is to make him fight moving backwards ,smother his power and push him around while throwing shots off the push, but if he's stronger than you it's a problem. then again I'm alot stronger than him and I'm sure he's weaker than you so.

mgkirkpatrick
05-10-2006, 07:19 PM
i think the guy in da red head gear stands a bit like tyson so thats mad if thats you u should have more head movement like tyson but to say thats aggressive sparring its not u should see da sparring sessions i have with vic darchinyan world champ and hussein hussein world champ contender and im 16 but if u could get ur head moving more u will be so hard to hit

are u ****in serious?

Verstyle
05-10-2006, 08:37 PM
guy you were fighting had good footwork. I think you landed on him but couldn't really tell as you two were moving so quick it was like low FPS blurs in the exchanges. i gave the match to you though but respected the guy's footwork.

I saw spots where if I were the white guy I would've pushed you forward and just unloaded on you, easy way to dispatch a novice swarmer is to make him fight moving backwards ,smother his power and push him around while throwing shots off the push, but if he's stronger than you it's a problem. then again I'm alot stronger than him and I'm sure he's weaker than you so.

i can fight backwards also

Tysonisgod
05-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Hey man, at least your doin it, got to respect that, i love doin it to, give anything to go pro, id love to get to america and fight someone from there, ma style for amature is ****, cos i dnt go for the scoring, i jst go in and try to win, get there one day bro

mini_tyson
07-26-2006, 09:27 AM
are u ****in serious?
Yeh i am ****in serious

inats
10-05-2006, 12:42 AM
your doing well,we can see your not using full power & thx 4 sharing the vid

Verstyle
10-05-2006, 12:52 AM
your doing well,we can see your not using full power & thx 4 sharing the vid

i fight alittle different now though. my weapon is the left hook.I have a fight on the 8th and i bought a video camera(no more camera phone) to record it

jumpman_jones
10-05-2006, 01:21 AM
i just see a big white space ><

Verstyle
10-05-2006, 01:22 AM
i just see a big white space ><

the videos on here act stupid sometimes

jumpman_jones
10-05-2006, 01:27 AM
okay i'll check it tomorrow

SRHL
10-05-2006, 01:35 AM
^ You could try clicking the video, which links you to the youtube page.

Tell me if that helps. ;)

Verstyle
10-05-2006, 01:57 AM
youtube is down right now thats why

slickwalt210
10-05-2006, 09:24 AM
you look like a straight bum.. where are you boxing??? how long have u been boxing???

Verstyle
10-05-2006, 10:40 AM
you look like a straight bum.. where are you boxing??? how long have u been boxing???

straight bum my ass.ahaha i dont take ppl that like to hate seriously cause its clear im no bum ahahaha.

Ringo
10-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Hey V, been a while. You look good in the ring, nice and relaxed. Biggest thing that jumped out at me (other than the near ass-bust, lol) was the slip. Around 1:15 you have a hook-slip that is just beautiful. I was waiting for the counter uppercut, but then I realized you didn't want to kill the guy. Keep it up, your lookin' sharp.

Southpaw Stinger
10-05-2006, 12:54 PM
You haven't had any amateur fights have you yet Versatile? I find that hard to believe since you have a very strong style and you look like you know what you're doing in there.
Have you got any fights planned yet or are you still thinking of going straight to pro?

Manfredo Jr
10-05-2006, 01:22 PM
y do ppl always say power was at 3/4 , power was at 1/2 , its quie hard not to go full power when you sparring , i think anyways

fraidycat
10-05-2006, 02:18 PM
y do ppl always say power was at 3/4 , power was at 1/2 , its quie hard not to go full power when you sparring , i think anyways

I haven't ever gone full-power sparring. I always hold back. I like the guys I spar with -- I wouldn't be very popular around the gym if I gave someone a concussion every time I stepped in the ring.

hotbox2316
10-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I haven't ever gone full-power sparring. I always hold back. I like the guys I spar with -- I wouldn't be very popular around the gym if I gave someone a concussion every time I stepped in the ring.

or got a concussion everytime you stepped in the ring..........

fraidycat
10-05-2006, 03:02 PM
or got a concussion everytime you stepped in the ring..........

I prefer not to think that way, but yes, there is that.

Verstyle
10-05-2006, 08:37 PM
You haven't had any amateur fights have you yet Versatile? I find that hard to believe since you have a very strong style and you look like you know what you're doing in there.
Have you got any fights planned yet or are you still thinking of going straight to pro?

im fighting this sunday and i bought a video camera so u can see better detail of me fighting.

Verstyle
10-05-2006, 08:39 PM

i have plenty opportunities in there to take him out but i when ever i see i can throw out more shots i just stop.u will see my full potential come this sunday

Southpaw Stinger
10-06-2006, 09:17 AM
im fighting this sunday and i bought a video camera so u can see better detail of me fighting.

can't wait to see it bro, kick some ass.

PunchDrunk
10-06-2006, 09:23 AM
Good luck versatile! :)

oshea1690
10-06-2006, 03:01 PM
the white guy barely moves .... i wud have a field day just jabbing him
but nice moves

Manfredo Jr
10-06-2006, 05:19 PM
gd luck.:cool: