View Full Version : Frazier/Holyfield: Who Wins?

ZOSOOSOZ
05-01-2006, 02:19 PM
This thread was inspired by the recent article on Joe Frazier. If I remember correctly, it mentioned that for Ali/Frazier I, Frazier weighed in at 205 lbs.

So, naturally, I thought of another (approximately) 205 lbs HW champion: Evander Holyfield.

So, here's my question: If prime HW Frazier (from Ali/Frazier I?) fought prime HW Holyfield (from Douglas/Dokes/Bowe I?), who wins?

And, what sort of fight do you think it'd be?

:boxing:

K-DOGG
05-01-2006, 02:28 PM
This thread was inspired by the recent article on Joe Frazier. If I remember correctly, it mentioned that for Ali/Frazier I, Frazier weighed in at 205 lbs.

So, naturally, I thought of another (approximately) 205 lbs HW champion: Evander Holyfield.

So, here's my question: If prime HW Frazier (from Ali/Frazier I?) fought prime HW Holyfield (from Douglas/Dokes/Bowe I?), who wins?

And, what sort of fight do you think it'd be?

:boxing:

The Fans. :D

But seriously, I'd have to favour Frazier...but just barely. Frazier would be putting constant pressure on Evander and Holy's instinct to stay and trade and knock him out would come into play...and work against him....see Holyfield-Cooper; and Cooper was a poor man's Frazier.

Joe by late round stoppage.

Southpaw Stinger
05-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Frazier by late KO after a big war.

Yaman
05-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Hmmm, interesting. While most people would put Holyfield in the top 10 all time list, most people would favor Frazier in this fight(Like i've seen in similar threads). It would be a great fight since both fighters were warriors with the heart of a lion.

Frazier who fought Ali the first time was kinda similar to Tyson of 96/97. But i believe Frazier would win atleast 2 out of 3 times.

BTW, Frazier's real prime was in 71..

SABBATH
05-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Holyfield has a warrior's heart and mentality unfortunately for Evander the 1971 Frazier did even more so with a fighting spirit that was unbreakable.

Frazier pursues and beats Holyfield on the inside although Holyfield would bring some strategy to deploy and attempt to nullify Frazier's inside game. Holyfield was a very adaptable fighter to different opponent's styles. Far more than he is ever given credit for.

Frazier has the the better stamina, harder punch and carries his power late in fights. A relentless Frazier fighting behind a concentrated body attack wears down Holyfield for a late TKO.

I can't think of too many better match-ups that I would want to see.

hemichromis
05-01-2006, 04:06 PM
both these fighters had massive heart i think frazier would win, barely and both men would end up in hospital

RockyMarcianofan00
05-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Holyfeild would try to box Frazier but Frazier regardless would get in. Holyfeild having alot of heart would keep with the fight putting up a fight but ultimately it would end in a ko of Frazier in 10

6OVER6LORD6
05-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Prime for Prime is hard to call, both were hungry fighters who had alot of pride. Frazier I think had a stronger punch, but holyfield had more overall power. Tough to say. I wish you people would stop making these fantasy threads cause it makes me depressed that we'll never see great fights like these. Oh well, back to masturbating

Heckler
05-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Frazier was nothing like Tyson. He was mentally strong and could deal with Holyfields strong resistance and headbutting, unlike tyson would consistently attack the body and break Holyfield down. Both men are warriors but i'd give it to Frazier in the latter rounds by TKO.

RockyMarcianofan00
05-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Prime Frazier beats prime holyfeild, though i think Holyfeilds ear would get the win over Frazier's mouth :D

Dempsey 1919
05-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Prime Frazier beats prime holyfeild, though i think Holyfeilds ear would get the win over Frazier's mouth :D

i don't get it. :confused:

mike casey
05-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Joe, at his best, by late KO.

RockyMarcianofan00
05-01-2006, 09:06 PM
i don't get it. :confused:
forget it it was just a reference to tyson biting his ear...not a great one but yak know sometimes i just throw them in there

oldgringo
05-02-2006, 12:47 AM
In a 15 rounder I say Frazier by TKO in the 13th-15th. In a 12 rounder I gotta say it's a close decision one way or another.

This is probably the most entertaining heavyweight fight that could be made.

Floydko1
05-02-2006, 07:42 PM
If where talking PRIME Frazier v Prime Holyfield, I shall be the first in this post to go with Holyfield over 12 rounds on points, Holyfield was a class act in his day and he was a pure Warrior in the ring, both had great Heart but holyfield was different holyfield was v stylish in the ring and he turned boxing into more off a science, HOLYFIELD on points

TheHulkster
05-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Holyfield wins. His heart is just way too much for frasier to handle.

Falconetti
05-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Holyfield wins. His heart is just way too much for frasier to handle.

yea the way Frazier quit in the 3rd Ali fight, no doubt he quits against Holyfeild too.

RockyMarcianofan00
05-04-2006, 04:09 PM
yea the way Frazier quit in the 3rd Ali fight, no doubt he quits against Holyfeild too.
ya know he wanted to go back out and his trainer quit for him, Frazier never quit and if you watch he got really pissed at his trainer

Southpaw Stinger
05-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Eddie Futch didn't want to see Frazier die - understand why he stopped it?

K-DOGG
05-04-2006, 04:13 PM

Frazier didn't quit! Futch told him it was over.

"he started to get up; but I put my hand on his sholder and pushed down gently. He trusted my judgement."....Eddie Futch on the end of the "Thilla".

Dick Waxwood
05-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Frazier couldn't swim worth ****, but he had a nice left hook.

Falconetti
05-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Frazier didn't quit! Futch told him it was over.

"he started to get up; but I put my hand on his sholder and pushed down gently. He trusted my judgement."....Eddie Futch on the end of the "Thilla".

He sure as hell didnt put up any argument.

Falconetti
05-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Frazier couldn't swim worth ****, but he had a nice left hook.

Wide world of Sports, he jumped in the water and floundered.
Then bob Segren outlift him in weights!

jOE FRAZIER WAS A FRAUD.

RockyMarcianofan00
05-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Wide world of Sports, he jumped in the water and floundered.
Then bob Segren outlift him in weights!

jOE FRAZIER WAS A FRAUD.
Wow your an idiot

Joe Frazier was a great fighter
and btw lifting weights in boxing don't mean ****, thats good for alittle punching power and physical strength but punching power is more natrual. Joe Frazier is a great fighter. The guy took a beating from guys like Ali and Foreman..

Ali once said that

The most intimidating fighter he ever fought was sonny liston, the most skilled was Floyd Patterson,
The most powerful was George Foreman,
The toughest was Joe Frazier

now everybody considers Ali the greatest so if your the toughest fighter that Ali ever encountered than that must mean something considering Ali was never won to say somebody was good at something

Joe Frazier got up how many times against Foreman?

but yea he was a fraud--go figure

K-DOGG
05-04-2006, 06:00 PM
He sure as hell didnt put up any argument.

What the hell do you expect him to do?! PUNCH HIS TRAINER?!

He did put up an argument he said "NO"...that's when Futch pushed him down and insisted he couldn't go on.

ANYONE who says Frazier Quit in ANY FIGHT...is an imbesile that doesn't know **** from shinola...and sure as hell don't know boxing history or anything about Joe Frazier.

RockyMarcianofan00
05-04-2006, 06:05 PM
wtf are you talking about Joe Frazier wanted to go out and was really pissed his trainer through in the towel

watch the fight before you start making ridiculous claims

The_One77
05-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Holyfield could deal with Tyson inside, so he can also deal with Frazier

Damon
05-06-2006, 04:36 PM
I think Frazier would win, but it would be an awesome fight due to Frazier and Hollyfield being two good but different fighters, it would be a war more or less

Yaman
05-06-2006, 07:43 PM

Its as simple as that?

cple
05-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Frazier isn't going to shrivel or curl up into a ball when he meets resistence. If anything, he'd fight harder. Frazier couldn't quit if he tried. Saying anything else is disrespectful.

hemichromis
05-07-2006, 03:57 AM

tyson was faster with slightly more power but frasier was alot smarter and he wasn;t discouraged when someone took the fight to him, in fact he came back harder

tyson and frasier are both swarmers but are different in many ways

K-DOGG
05-08-2006, 10:41 AM
tyson was faster with slightly more power but frasier was alot smarter and he wasn;t discouraged when someone took the fight to him, in fact he came back harder

tyson and frasier are both swarmers but are different in many ways

Honestly, I wouldn't call Tyson a swarmer. He was more of a "technical-slugger", to coin a phrase.

He had the perpetual motion thing down as part of his defense and attack; but he wasn't about constant pressure in the same sense as Frazier. Joe kept coming all night and took a few rounds to warm up where Mike started like an explosion; but settled down after the first five rounds...picking his spots to unleash.

Mike was a fear finder while Joe was more like truth syrum.