View Full Version : OasisLad, what about Oasis?

!! Anorak
04-30-2006, 08:20 PM
I still think they do some decent tunes, but it can't be denied (or can it?) that:

1. They pissed every ounce of credibility they had down the drain with that third album. They may become popular again, but they'll never have the same cred, will they? They're still decent, but a bit of a parody now, right?

2. Noel used to allude that they'd develop musically, and I once believed him. But after five albums they're still ripping off McCartney and Status Quo. Decent, but I can just listen to Definitely, Maybe five times instead of getting the new stuff.

3. What made their debut so good - over a decade ago now - is that they actually had something to say. Now they're no longer angry young men but rich middle-aged guys with only the same things to say.

But what say YOU?

Oasis_Lad
04-30-2006, 08:27 PM
1: true as even noel would say the were soo high on coke during that period
that they had no idea what they were churning out

2: believe me annie they are the best live band on the planet now
as this will testify
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB6cw34CtII

3: their debut was so good because music at the time was dead
grunge had become boring

dance was pretentious and rubbish

oasis came along with songs that summed up working class britain at the time

and plus noel gallagher is easily top 10 songwriters of all tme

Oasis_Lad
04-30-2006, 08:28 PM

as this will testify

grunge had become boring

!! Anorak
04-30-2006, 08:36 PM

I dunno if I'd go that far (esp. as he ripped off so many for the music... my favourite track "Cigarettes and Alcohol" is a blatant steal from T-Rex) but yeah, he's good.

I do actually quite enjoy Be Here Now in a way though. "Little James" is quite poignant in a very naive way.

Oasis_Lad
04-30-2006, 08:41 PM
I dunno if I'd go that far (esp. as he ripped off so many for the music... my favourite track "Cigarettes and Alcohol" is a blatant steal from T-Rex) but yeah, he's good.

I do actually quite enjoy Be Here Now in a way though. "Little James" is quite poignant in a very naive way.

little james was on sotsog

and he is easily top 10 songwriers of all time

lennon and mccartney
bob dylan
david bowie
jagger and richards
bono and the edge
noel gallagher
mercury and may
liebler and stoller
pete townshend
brian wilson

!! Anorak
04-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Prince would take him out inside three rounds with very little trouble. Gallagher's a come-forward fighter, it would be Lacy-Blow all over again.

Oasis_Lad
04-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Prince would take him out inside three rounds with very little trouble. Gallagher's a come-forward fighter, it would be Lacy-Blow all over again.

nah! prince is overrated

a double or was it triple album with 3 good songs at the most :rolleyes:

prince is the most overrated musician in history as this clip proves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh8dYJWcsdg

!! Anorak
04-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Looks like Liza Minelli here (and if you're talking about Emancipation, that was post-peak, he'd lost a lot of bouts then, I'm talking about his 1984-1987 prime when he was P4P king).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyqGCvufrcM&search=prince

Oasis_Lad
04-30-2006, 09:12 PM
dont get me wrong

i like prince

i just think he is overated

purple rain is the most overated song ever

that song is complete garbage

!! Anorak
04-30-2006, 09:17 PM
It's such a shame our friendship had to end. :(

Oasis_Lad
04-30-2006, 09:20 PM
It's such a shame our friendship had to end. :(

why ?

i love and respect prince

i have his albums

i just think he was pretentious

can you plese give me your top 10 annie plz :luvbed:

!! Anorak
05-01-2006, 05:40 AM
why ?

i love and respect prince

i have his albums

i just think he was pretentious

can you plese give me your top 10 annie plz :luvbed:

Top ten albums or songs?

"It's such a shame our friendship had to end... Purple Rain, Purple Rain..."

2nd II none
05-01-2006, 07:56 AM
All the above are gay.

Oasis_Lad
05-01-2006, 08:28 AM
All the above are gay.

well no one beats you

and id rather prince made sweet love to me than sang to me :luvbed:

The Noose
05-02-2006, 08:00 PM
I still think they do some decent tunes, but it can't be denied (or can it?) that:

1. They pissed every ounce of credibility they had down the drain with that third album. They may become popular again, but they'll never have the same cred, will they? They're still decent, but a bit of a parody now, right?

2. Noel used to allude that they'd develop musically, and I once believed him. But after five albums they're still ripping off McCartney and Status Quo. Decent, but I can just listen to Definitely, Maybe five times instead of getting the new stuff.

3. What made their debut so good - over a decade ago now - is that they actually had something to say. Now they're no longer angry young men but rich middle-aged guys with only the same things to say.

But what say YOU?

I agree. I like some of their stuff, especially Shakermaker (sp?), and id love to of seen them wen they first begun, in a small club.
Thats wen they were at their best, or so ive heard.

The Noose
05-02-2006, 08:06 PM

as this will testify

grunge had become boring

I cant stand the whole "best band" thing, there is no best, unless u have seen EVERY band live. And even then, u like wat u like, it comes down to preference.

Also, at no point was music dead, i know wat u mean, but i think the charts are a bunch of ****e, and only relevant to the music 'business' i.e. who is selling the most copies. I could listen to Hendrix and the Beatles everyday, forever.

Plus, grunge only became boring as a trend. As far as music goes, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden and Nirvana's music is still unbelievable.

The Noose
05-02-2006, 08:10 PM
nah! prince is overrated

a double or was it triple album with 3 good songs at the most :rolleyes:

prince is the most overrated musician in history as this clip proves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh8dYJWcsdg

Prince is amazing.

And that clip proved it.

He is the midget love child of Hendrix and James Brown.

Oasis_Lad
05-02-2006, 08:27 PM
I agree. I like some of their stuff, especially Shakermaker (sp?), and id love to of seen them wen they first begun, in a small club.
Thats wen they were at their best, or so ive heard.

that's when noel was at his best

i have always thought a songwriters best years are his 20's
dont get me wrong you can still write the odd cracker after you hit the big 30 but the 20's are a peak for a songwriter

the new memebers are far more talented musically than the original ones and this makes oasis more solid as a unit

and thay are a far better live band now than 10 years ago

Boxclever
05-03-2006, 05:48 AM

Prince better than Noel, i assume you're joking? :D

!! Anorak
05-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Prince better than Noel, i assume you're joking? :D

That'll be Prince with the musical variety and inspiration vs. Noel who recycles old Beatles/T-Rex tunes then? Four rounds, trust me - it's over.

phallus
05-13-2006, 05:51 PM
I cant stand the whole "best band" thing, there is no best, unless u have seen EVERY band live. And even then, u like wat u like, it comes down to preference.

Also, at no point was music dead, i know wat u mean, but i think the charts are a bunch of ****e, and only relevant to the music 'business' i.e. who is selling the most copies. I could listen to Hendrix and the Beatles everyday, forever.

Plus, grunge only became boring as a trend. As far as music goes, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden and Nirvana's music is still unbelievable.

the best band is Tool, well, maybe perhaps the melvins, or soundgarden, or the tragically hip...ok, Guvnor, i see your point :D

Da Iceman
05-13-2006, 10:18 PM
*cough*rock sucks*cough**cough*