View Full Version : Heavy Bag Building (Advice)

iwagh911
04-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Hey fellas-

In my house there is not one convenient place to hang a Heavybag, thus I bought this:

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-professional-freestanding-heavybag-speedbag.html

And let me tell you..I hate it. I have been using it for almost a full year now and I decided as much as I actually dont' like my everlast bag (feels like concrete is in it still?) I hate my stand even more.

SO - I need to possibly start some kind of project? Is there any way I could build SOMEthing to where I could hang the heavy bag. Maybe some kind of project including wood boards. I don't want to build a house :D . I just want to find a way that I can hang a heavy bag because I feel that is the best way to get the most out of a heavy bag.

Do any of you reccomend any ways of going about building such a thing? Maybe the costs? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks

THE REAL NINJA
04-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Hey fellas-

In my house there is not one convenient place to hang a Heavybag, thus I bought this:

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-professional-freestanding-heavybag-speedbag.html

And let me tell you..I hate it. I have been using it for almost a full year now and I decided as much as I actually dont' like my everlast bag (feels like concrete is in it still?) I hate my stand even more.

SO - I need to possibly start some kind of project? Is there any way I could build SOMEthing to where I could hang the heavy bag. Maybe some kind of project including wood boards. I don't want to build a house :D . I just want to find a way that I can hang a heavy bag because I feel that is the best way to get the most out of a heavy bag.

Do any of you reccomend any ways of going about building such a thing? Maybe the costs? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks
i have the same prob with space, i was going to buy one of them are they really that bad is it worth the money at all ? first of all do you have a welder ? all you really need to know is how to counter weight and for the most part the same frame work.

LightsOut Le
04-30-2006, 04:41 PM
why dont you go buy this http://www.balazsboxing.com/cgi-bin/catalog2.cgi?action=page&page=gear|heavy%20bag%20mounts|mh0106

you hang it on the ceiling

THE REAL NINJA
04-30-2006, 05:54 PM
why dont you go buy this http://www.balazsboxing.com/cgi-bin/catalog2.cgi?action=page&page=gear|heavy%20bag%20mounts|mh0106

you hang it on the ceiling
he said he has no room to hang 1

iwagh911
04-30-2006, 06:13 PM
I can't hang one in my house. I am asking if there was a certain way I could build something that I could have it hang from? - Allowing me to have more room to circle the bag. Maybe I wont have total 360degrees of circling but something better than I have now for sure.

Oh and I do not reccomend the the Century stand that I have now. It gives little room for you to maneuver (I know I can't have total room but it is inconvenient by all means) - and the speedbag board is made poorly.

THE REAL NINJA
04-30-2006, 07:37 PM
what about a high square stand to hang it from ,yeah i'm sure you could make that out of wood and if the room is tall or you are short you would be able to get under it and hit freely

THE REAL NINJA
04-30-2006, 07:45 PM
first find out how much space you have hight and width . I would use fore support beams grounded ..square the top and "X" some boards from the top frame for the mid where you can hang the bag.you may have to put some weights on the ground post but that should work

iwagh911
04-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Hey darrenshyrockford - you have aim or email? I am having a hard time picturing your idea but I would like to figure it out. Thanks dude

Malik
04-30-2006, 10:38 PM
http://store.titleboxing.com/out-n-about-indoor-outdoor-boxing-gym.html

looks like u could move pretty damn well with this.

THE REAL NINJA
04-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey darrenshyrockford - you have aim or email? I am having a hard time picturing your idea but I would like to figure it out. Thanks dudei could draw something up and post it tomorrow ..how tall is your ceiling and how much width of the room can you use ? oh and how wide & long is your bag ?

yrrej
04-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Dayum, that thing sucks. How can you move? It's backasswards. The speed bag should be where the heavy bag is and vice versa. Maybe you can think of some way to switch them around.

iwagh911
04-30-2006, 11:22 PM
I am planning on putting this in the garage or outside. (I cannot hang it in garage). I cannot hang it in garage for difference reasons. So the measurements do not really matter. However, ideally as little room as possible but still being able to move as much as possible around bag.

The whole everlast Out'n'about is okay except for the 400$ price tag. I can't do that..

THE REAL NINJA
05-01-2006, 01:18 AM
I am planning on putting this in the garage or outside. (I cannot hang it in garage). I cannot hang it in garage for difference reasons. So the measurements do not really matter. However, ideally as little room as possible but still being able to move as much as possible around bag.

The whole everlast Out'n'about is okay except for the 400$ price tag. I can't do that..
what i was thinking of looks like a giant table but insted of a flat peace of wood for the top you use 4 boards across the top in a "X" or cross formation.inside of a square border connecting the legs to the top
4 legs
square the top with 4 boards
inside of the square top attach 4 boards to make a "X" or "+" formation then hang the bag in the middle.you will need strong wood for it but it should work fine

chris_cov
05-01-2006, 07:26 AM
i hang mine from scaffolding and its sound as a pound.

iwagh911
05-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Cool thanks - hmmm do you think if there were three legs it could still hold up? That could reduce alot. Thanks for all the imput thus far.

THE REAL NINJA
05-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Cool thanks - hmmm do you think if there were three legs it could still hold up? That could reduce alot. Thanks for all the imput thus far.
yeah as long as you put them far enough apart i think it could work. just make sure you use something to weigh it all down ... if you make it big "long" enough it shouldnt even be a problem

-Antonio-
05-01-2006, 08:29 PM
I was really considering buying the first bag shown. I saw it at Dick's sporting goods for a good price. Then I thought about it and you cant circle around the bag at all so I decided to just wait.