View Full Version : how does it look

lil rocky
04-29-2006, 10:23 PM
i do db press 4x10 then i do 3x10 tricept extensions then 3x10 db curls then 3x12 lat pulldowns then 3x10 arnould press then 3x10 shrugs then 1x30 dips 1x30 pushups and then i get 5 lbs db and shadow box. so please critique this if you know how to help me.

SovietExpress
04-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Its hard to critique someone without telling us what you wish to achieve.

lil rocky
04-29-2006, 10:31 PM
i just want to get in better physical shape lose bodyfat and look more toned up

SovietExpress
04-29-2006, 10:47 PM
first off, losing bodyfat will require the burning of excess calories and to do that you will need to do some cardiovascular activity. Otherwise you will just be adding muscle to your existing fat making you look more bulking. I suggest running, but thats just my opinion, I personally find it to be the best cardiovascular activity, run 30-40 minutes non-stop daily when you wake up before breakfast.

As for the weights and bodyweight exercises, keep those up, because if you build muscle it will help to get rid of fat by creating a more lean and toned body.

Most importantly, make sure you train your front and your back equally, because if your front (chest mostly) becomes "over muscularized" I forget the exact medical term, your shoulders will be pulled forward, and if the back is too muscular compared to the front your shoulers will be pulled back. Stay consistant, if you get head aches when you work your back/chest but when you work the opposite side the headache is not present, that is usually an indicator that you have over muscularized one side of your body.

Wow, sorry about the whole chiropractic splur I just don't want anyone getting hurt.

enadeus
04-30-2006, 12:30 AM
Wow 30 dips in just one set? Why do that, I usually do 8-12 reps in 3 sets. Then before I leave the gym I max out with whatever energy I have left. I was never a big fan of one set on anything, including pushups and situps. Never understood why you would want to know what your max pushups or situps are in a minute, what does that prove? There only a maximum any human can do. If anything it fatigues your muscles. I try to rest at least a minute between sets, I know some people who rest 3-5 minutes between sets and then 3-5 minutes between machines, but my addrenaline keeps in and I just go crazy.

yrrej
04-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Do 3X10 speed bag, 4X10 crazy bag, 5X10 heavy bag, 3X10 jump rope....this is a boxing site, not weight lifting.