View Full Version : is this normal ?

joeytrimble
04-29-2006, 11:13 PM
do the bungy chords on double end bags snap easy ? or does it take a pretty big punch to snap em

today i was banging and went in with a right cross and the bastard snaped on me

is this normal ?

SovietExpress
04-29-2006, 11:22 PM
do the bungy chords on double end bags snap easy ? or does it take a pretty big punch to snap em

today i was banging and went in with a right cross and the bastard snaped on me

is this normal ?

well, it is normal for a worn bungee cord. There is only so much stress the cord fibers can take after continuous swinging and abuse, and I take it the cord wasn't brang new so it probably had a fair bit of wear. it wasn't your massively powerful punch that snapped it.

Dye
04-29-2006, 11:22 PM
it's not happend to me, but i would think it would take a powerful punch to snap on or it was worn out

joeytrimble
04-30-2006, 12:07 AM
it had some wear in it no doubt...by all means guys dont take this as a thing where im trying to brag on my **** i just wanted to know because i'll be damned if im gonna go through bungy chords when regular rope will last longer

SovietExpress
04-30-2006, 12:13 AM
lots of things could've caused that. It could have been worn out, chewed through by a rat, sabotaged by the mafia, or it could have just been a freak act of nature taking into consideration the rooms humidity and moisture levels, along with temperature....all these factors could affect the strength of the rope fibers....

THE REAL NINJA
04-30-2006, 01:05 AM
yeah so like today i hit a box and i put a hole in it .should i be worried ?

joeytrimble
04-30-2006, 01:16 AM
yeah so like today i hit a box and i put a hole in it .should i be worried ?
hahahahaha give your just a regular chris rock arent ya

Rockin'
04-30-2006, 01:21 AM
It happens man, it is a common thing. Just gotta be sharp when it does go that you dont get nailed by the s-hook on the end of the cord. Could do you some serious damage at the rate of speed its flinging at you.

The double end bag is, in my opinion, the most fun thing in the gym Once you can turn a 1-2 hook on it then you know that your getting fast. Aint no fun in the gym with out a double end bag. Well, besides sparring ofcourse.

Rockin' :boxing:

yrrej
04-30-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm sure it wasn't your great punch. You had crappy bungy cords....