View Full Version : who's a trainer?

mgkirkpatrick
04-27-2006, 02:42 AM
i have boxing this arve there are 2 guys i spar with reguarly tell me how u would handle them if u were 5'8 75 kgs. a good body puncher and best weapons are straight right and left hook. (orthodox stance)

1. 6'0 102kgs. agile and fast for size. only throws straight punches

2. 5'9 6'0 67kgs. great jab and left hook. a real chaser.

moy22487
04-27-2006, 03:03 AM
im not a trainer but i wish to become one. i have been studying on my own. dont jump down my trought if i said something crazy pls

circle to the right and go to the body to slow him down.

if he is a chaser and likes to work that way, go at him. keep a fight in the inside. if he can fight chasing he might not be comfortable when the same pressure is being applied to him.

mgkirkpatrick
04-27-2006, 03:09 AM
i do what u said for the first one. i prefer to back pedal and counter for the second as he concentrates too hard on his offense and not his defense. in a real fight id probably just bang with him being alot stronger and all.

moy22487
04-27-2006, 03:15 AM
just when your backpedeling make sure your not going back streight up. you can get caught and KOed or a shot will look worse than it realy is

mgkirkpatrick
04-27-2006, 03:18 AM
yeah i dig ya. i try to keep the momentum lateral. easy to jag hard right and get outside his jab.. big rights from there..

moy22487
04-27-2006, 03:27 AM
yeah sounds like you know what your doing. ill just say make sure that you know were in the ring you are, so you dont get caught in a corner. when backing away ring generalship is very important. stay of the ropes and answer his jab with a right.

mgkirkpatrick
04-27-2006, 03:34 AM
word. always like to know what others think. i dont really know too much more than what ive picked up by myself.

Hunna
04-27-2006, 07:07 AM
i have boxing this arve there are 2 guys i spar with reguarly tell me how u would handle them if u were 5'8 75 kgs. a good body puncher and best weapons are straight right and left hook. (orthodox stance)

when countering the big guy, u should still be throwing more punches. for example, he throws lazy jab, u mite counter wif a overhand right, left rip and another snappy right. really need 2 sting and move.

dude, u gotta lose some weight 2, 5'8 and 75 kg (middelweight)?, all the good middleweights i know are like 6 foot and plus, and they would eat most heavies for dinner.

mgkirkpatrick
04-27-2006, 09:04 AM
when countering the big guy, u should still be throwing more punches. for example, he throws lazy jab, u mite counter wif a overhand right, left rip and another snappy right. really need 2 sting and move.

dude, u gotta lose some weight 2, 5'8 and 75 kg (middelweight)?, all the good middleweights i know are like 6 foot and plus, and they would eat most heavies for dinner.

yeah rips are the bread and butter against him. wanna just establish that im not a fat cvnt and id have to lose a fair bit of muscle to lose alot of weight. but yeah point taken.