View Full Version : what weight class?

mgkirkpatrick
04-27-2006, 12:23 AM
hey im new to this chat room. been boxing for a while. you people are going to get sick of me asking questions but those of you who do have some knowledge i appreciate whatever answers i get. first thing i want to know is how people choose what weight they are going to fight at? right now im 172cms tall and 75kgs. if i was going into a fight id probably have five kilos to lose. i dont know whether to get bigger or smaller. please give answers in metric. cheers

oliverlt
04-27-2006, 12:28 AM
hey im new to this chat room. been boxing for a while. you people are going to get sick of me asking questions but those of you who do have some knowledge i appreciate whatever answers i get. first thing i want to know is how people choose what weight they are going to fight at? right now im 172cms tall and 75kgs. if i was going into a fight id probably have five kilos to lose. i dont know whether to get bigger or smaller. please give answers in metric. cheers

because of your height you'd prop want to go to 66.8

mgkirkpatrick
04-27-2006, 12:42 AM
thanks. can u tell me more? at 70 i wouldnt be carrying much access and most of my muscle is in my shoulders and arms. is it purely a 'u'd be fightin guys with too much height and reach thing?'

Hunna
04-27-2006, 06:08 AM
because of your height you'd prop want to go to 66.8

66.8? nah 66.8195674

Hunna
04-27-2006, 06:09 AM

dude, ur only young so wouldnt worry 2 much about weight,
anyways, u are a welter weight to put it simply.

Hunna
04-27-2006, 06:10 AM
dude, ur only young so wouldnt worry 2 much about weight,
anyways, u are a welter weight to put it simply.

provided u lose those kilos to get under 69kg

yrrej
04-28-2006, 11:06 PM
The closer you can get to 5% body fat, the better.