View Full Version : short video of me on the bag

Gio
04-26-2006, 04:06 AM
Here's a short clip of me on the heavybag.

Please excuse the gay song on the radio.
And the very ****ty quality. :D

The Bag is 140#.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq85zE14-1I

6OVER6LORD6
04-26-2006, 06:23 AM
pretty good man, but whoever told you that bag is 140 should be shot. MAYBE 100

JDizzle79
04-26-2006, 07:09 AM
you got great hand speed! What weight class do you fight in? That looks like 100 lb bag. Unless it has lead in it! Good snap at the end of your punches also. If you fight in the upper weight classes, you need to learn to punch through you target...hurt that mother-****er!!! Other than that, I'm impressed

Verstyle
04-26-2006, 08:34 AM
honestly the bag looks like a 75 cause my neighbor has 1 like it. and if im not mistaken your using bag gloves right? but ne way u do have very good handspeed

6OVER6LORD6
04-26-2006, 08:57 AM
honestly the bag looks like a 75 cause my neighbor has 1 like it. and if im not mistaken your using bag gloves right? but ne way u do have very good handspeed

yeah I was thinking 80lb

But you do throw pretty nice punches

Pugnacious_Z
04-26-2006, 11:43 AM
i think we shud ease it up on the "Great handspeed and very good handspeed" compliments which are bull****. its average handspeed

6OVER6LORD6
04-26-2006, 01:45 PM
he's got faster hands then most people that I've seen post vids here that's for sure

AlexisA
04-26-2006, 01:58 PM
the problem with low quality video is, just that, it's low quality. it hides a lot of detail and can make something seem faster then it really is cause it has to play catch up so to speak. especialy trying to record another recording.

that was a light bag.

enadeus
04-26-2006, 02:10 PM
No way was that bag 140 pounds. Maybe 75?

EXIGE
04-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Nice work, if you want constructive criticism, perhaps be a bit more active on the bag.... nice punch techniques though... the best shot you threw was the right hand after the little flurry on the inside. You just threw a left hook to the body and then bam! right hand over the top.

Nice work. :cool:

GreatestIam
04-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Ya you looked iight man all i would have to say is move your head more you had a series in there where you went low and were bobing and weaving plus throwing punches that looked good, but your no Wlad Klit so try and throw more then just that left right combo!

2OSouzaSuarez12
04-26-2006, 02:51 PM
your stance seems to stiff to me something about it was not right. I dont know you just didnt look like a natural fighter in there. You looked pretty good thogh. And that bag was no more than 100.

Gio
04-26-2006, 04:45 PM
pretty good man, but whoever told you that bag is 140 should be shot. MAYBE 100

This is the bag i have :confused:

3rd one down.

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-classic-water-foam-heavybags.html

Gio
04-26-2006, 04:47 PM
you got great hand speed! What weight class do you fight in? That looks like 100 lb bag. Unless it has lead in it! Good snap at the end of your punches also. If you fight in the upper weight classes, you need to learn to punch through you target...hurt that mother-****er!!! Other than that, I'm impressed

Hey thanks alot man. IM currently 170#'s but i want to get down to 151 and fight around there.

But again, thanks for the complements.

I was kinda expecting people to talk ****, cuz most people do.

Gio
04-26-2006, 04:49 PM
i think we shud ease it up on the "Great handspeed and very good handspeed" compliments which are bull****. its average handspeed

any videos of urself that u would like to put up? :cool:

Gio
04-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Nice work, if you want constructive criticism, perhaps be a bit more active on the bag.... nice punch techniques though... the best shot you threw was the right hand after the little flurry on the inside. You just threw a left hook to the body and then bam! right hand over the top.

Nice work. :cool:

Thank you very much. i appreciate it.

BTW i'll try to get more vids up and better quality for those who remain skeptic's . :boxing:

And why is everyone telling me the bag aint 140? give or take five pounds, thats what the manufacture said it would be around.

Those saying the bag wasnt even a 100# is an insult.

Hunna
04-26-2006, 04:55 PM
thing is, you really cant make a clear judgement from someone punching bag.e.g. George Foremen (RUmble in Jungle) throwing body rip after body rip after body rip on the bag ---> u couldnt tell if he was any good from looking at him punch a bag. anyways, good work man, keep up the training.

Gio
04-26-2006, 05:00 PM
thing is, you really cant make a clear judgement from someone punching bag.e.g. George Foremen (RUmble in Jungle) throwing body rip after body rip after body rip on the bag ---> u couldnt tell if he was any good from looking at him punch a bag. anyways, good work man, keep up the training.

Yeah i understand that. A lot of people lot good on the bag put cant produce **** when they spar...

Verstyle
04-26-2006, 06:08 PM
oh ok its a water bag with a long chain.but still 140 :confused: it honestly looks like the 80lber.

Gio
04-26-2006, 06:26 PM
oh ok its a water bag with a long chain.but still 140 :confused: it honestly looks like the 80lber.

I can see how people could assume that, but nope, 140#s

...And there's no reason i would bull**** about that.

Just like u said a while back. There's no need to lie. :cool:

Verstyle
04-26-2006, 06:27 PM
I can see how people could assume that, but nope, 140#s

...And there's no reason i would bull**** about that.

Just like u said a while back. There's no need to lie. :cool:

yeah maybe. i know a water bag is alot easier to move then a sand bag

Run
04-26-2006, 06:31 PM
No way was that bag 140 pounds. Maybe 75?

lol 75.......I don't think so.

I can uppercut the bottom of a 75 lb bag and make it come off the hinges.

Gio
04-26-2006, 06:32 PM
yeah maybe. i know a water bag is alot easier to move then a sand bag

Well its doesnt even matter. I wasnt trying to show that i could move this bag around like a ragdoll, just showing u all a quick little workout.

and if two bags weigh the same but one is filled with water and the other with sand; are u telling me the bag with water is easier to move :confused:

Verstyle
04-26-2006, 06:33 PM
lol 75.......I don't think so.

I can uppercut the bottom of a 75 lb bag and make it come off the hinges.

i love doing that. it makes my uppercuts alot more powerful when i spar :) but when i hit it it bounces around to much

Verstyle
04-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Well its doesnt even matter. I wasnt trying to show that i could move this bag around like a ragdoll, just showing u all a quick little workout.

and if two bags weigh the same but one is filled with water and the other with sand; are u telling me the bag with water is easier to move :confused:

thats exactly what im saying. i've hit both and the 1 with water is easier cause your punch is obsorbed in the water area which makes the impact more great instead of a solid concrete punch of a sand bag

Run
04-26-2006, 06:36 PM
i love doing that. it makes my uppercuts alot more powerful when i spar :) but when i hit it it bounces around to much

A 75lb bag is a female's bag man.

That thing is for excersise only, and I only use the one I have to volume punch on. It flies everywhere and I can't get any work done whatsoever.

I'm comfortable working with the 125 Everlast I have.

Verstyle
04-26-2006, 06:41 PM
A 75lb bag is a female's bag man.

That thing is for excersise only, and I only use the one I have to volume punch on. It flies everywhere and I can't get any work done whatsoever.

I'm comfortable working with the 125 Everlast I have.

i want to buy a 200lb bag for my gym. but my coach talks **** behind my back so **** him. but with the little bag i jus use it movement,ducking,bobbing and weaving and **** like that

Gio
04-26-2006, 06:41 PM
thats exactly what im saying. i've hit both and the 1 with water is easier cause your punch is obsorbed in the water area which makes the impact more great instead of a solid concrete punch of a sand bag

It may be true but it's still a 140lb bag.

And why is everyone hating on me for this?

is it really hard to believe that the bag is 140lbs and moving around like that? I weigh 170lbs and im sure plenty of people could do that.

Verstyle
04-26-2006, 06:46 PM

is it really hard to believe that the bag is 140lbs and moving around like that? I weigh 170lbs and im sure plenty of people could do that.

oh no i belive u now. i was jus tellin u how they react when being hit. if u see that video with tyson hitting the bag u can see that the chain is really sturdy and short so it wont be flying everywhere. but yeah i believe u.

Gio
04-26-2006, 06:48 PM
oh no i belive u now. i was jus tellin u how they react when being hit. if u see that video with tyson hitting the bag u can see that the chain is really sturdy and short so it wont be flying everywhere. but yeah i believe u.

U gonna post any more vid's any time soon?

Run
04-26-2006, 06:51 PM

Dude.

I believe you. I know this....because that bag is big.

Not to mention, you were wearing thick gloves and that adds alot of mass to your punches.

Verstyle
04-26-2006, 06:51 PM
U gonna post any more vid's any time soon?

eh, i work 10 to 12 hours for 5 days in a row. i dont have time to spar so that sucked. i wanna spar antonio margarito's twin again(i swear they were) they fought the same and everything

Gio
04-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Dude.

I believe you. I know this....because that bag is big.

Not to mention, you were wearing thick gloves and that adds alot of mass to your punches.

;) Do u train by the way?

Run
04-26-2006, 06:57 PM
;) Do u train by the way?

MMA style only IE I grapple with my squad of friends.

Plus I hit the bag, lift weights, and run.

Gio
04-26-2006, 07:02 PM
MMA style only IE I grapple with my squad of friends.

Plus I hit the bag, lift weights, and run.

Ive been thinking about getting into MMA. knee bombs to the face for the win. haha

Naw but seriously, it seems really "tuf" but fun too.

mgkirkpatrick
04-27-2006, 03:44 AM
not too bad at all. i think the laggin sound heightens the effect but that was good hand speed. foot work and power?

SlightlyStoopid
04-27-2006, 05:55 AM
Just stating the obvious but a water bag like that might not be all the way filled up. Not hatin, anyways this is pointless to debate the weight of the bag so i quit, ha.

Hunna
04-27-2006, 06:51 AM
Yeah i understand that. A lot of people lot good on the bag put cant produce **** when they spar...

at least understand man, a large % of people on the forums wouldnt understand.

SlightlyStoopid
04-27-2006, 11:38 AM
most people on this forum don't even box lol

mgkirkpatrick
04-27-2006, 11:37 PM
most people on this forum don't even box lol

you're basing that statement on what?

SlightlyStoopid
04-28-2006, 11:46 AM
it's a known fact.

FeelTheA-Force
04-28-2006, 01:36 PM
yeah I was thinking 80lb

But you do throw pretty nice punches

maybe thats all he can afford.

RAESAAD
04-28-2006, 01:40 PM
I like your sharp Jab.......Jabs are my favorite punch it is the begining of everything to come. :boxing:

Southpaw16
04-29-2006, 07:42 PM
I doesn't really matter how much the bag weighs. Whether or not it weighs 140 who cares, power shouldn't be measured from how much a heavybag weighs anyways. I thought you looked very good, your relaxed and you have nice fast straight punches. If you through punches like that in combinations it doesn't matter whether or not you even have power, because you are going to be able to catch guys with punches that they don't see coming and that will hurt them. I am impressed, keep up the good work.

yrrej
04-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Good hand speed, poor mixture of punches (too much straight stuff), too much resting (need to keep moving side to side and keep punching), good power assuming you are hitting where you are aiming. Need to change levels, move head more, bob and weave, etc.

wiso2008
05-04-2006, 03:52 PM
There no way that's a 140 pound bag more like a 65 pound bag. You got some good movement but you would still get kill anyone.

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 04:29 PM
hey gio is that bet still on. with the handspeed,cause i forgot u had a video of u on the bags. i tell u now if thats all the handspeed u have u r in serious trouble cause im (no kiddin) twice as fast as u.and at least show us a whole round of u on the bag.cause that little clips looks like your giving it all u got in speed to impress.

Gio
05-04-2006, 05:41 PM
well, post a vid

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 05:46 PM
well, post a vid

i need a video camera cause my phone wont do me justice in showing u realtime speed. but yeah your fast jus not as fast as me.i payed close attention to the sequence of the pop noises when ever u hit the bag,to tell how fast u r compared to me. and your not even close.i'll buy a camera or borrow 1. first ppl said i pushed my punch's when im on the heavy bag, then once i sparred they all shut the **** up, then some ppl didnt think i could lift 225pounds once so i had to shut them up by doing it 5 times and posting a video. now i gotta prove u wrong :D i always say i dont need to lie cause there's always some1 to try to make u prove it.

Gio
05-04-2006, 05:49 PM
i need a video camera cause my phone wont do me justice in showing u realtime speed. but yeah your fast jus not as fast as me.i payed close attention to the sequence of the pop noises when ever u hit the bag,to tell how fast u r compared to me. and your not even close.i'll buy a camera or borrow 1. first ppl said i pushed my punch's when im on the heavy bag, then once i sparred they all shut the **** up, then some ppl didnt think i could lift 225pounds once so i had to shut them up by doing it 5 times and posting a video. now i gotta prove u wrong :D i always say i dont need to lie cause there's always some1 to try to make u prove it.

well when u get that camera, put it up.

wiso2008
05-04-2006, 10:41 PM
gio you suck

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 10:56 PM
well when u get that camera, put it up.

when u get the money :D

sigma007
05-16-2006, 08:48 PM
buddy dun lie about ur bag, hand speed is ok, power not to good

Banderivets
05-16-2006, 09:19 PM
lol how is that an 80lb bag?

You guys are hillarious.

80lb bag is useless. I make it come off the hinges every time I throw a 3 punch combo.

My friend has one. Its ****ing impossible to train on. The ****er swings all the way up to the sealing, more dangerous cause you have to run from it, cause it'll swing right back in your face.

All I can do is give it a shot then put my guard up and await impact lol....and I cant punch it more cause then it will just come off or start swinging around the room in mad fashion.

selk
02-24-2009, 12:08 PM
i dont even think its him on the video, he just recoreded it from somehwere maybe from the TV. lol