View Full Version : More questions...

veldrak
04-24-2006, 08:33 PM
1. What EXACTLY are you meant to do on a heavy bag? Just practise combinations/footwork, conditioning or what? (dumb question, I know)

2. Hurt wrist badly a while back, went to doctors and x-ray. No bones broken pains nearly all gone but I cant skip properly because everytime it turns around I get a burning sensation. Are there some strengthening exercises or something?

3. How to imporve on a speedball? Just keep hitting it as fast as you can or take it slow?

Thanks in advance

LightsOut Le
04-25-2006, 08:58 PM
1. heavy bag is meant to work on technique..so you can get the most out of your punches, builds endurance too(punch-out drills) and stamina
2. Wrapp your hands better, strengthen your whole arm (forearms down to your hands)
3. its not necessarily a speed bag..its more of a control bag..you try to keep a rythm...and try ot go for a long time..it will work your arms more then do 3 minutes of jsut pounding away...try doing 15 minuutes steady pace

yrrej
04-25-2006, 10:49 PM
You hit the heavy bag with power (rather than your sparring partner). Do wrist circling exercises for the wrist and push-ups. Just get the rhythm with the speed bag. Don't worry about the speed.

mgkirkpatrick
04-27-2006, 01:23 AM
when my wrists feel ****ed i use the heavy bag to work mainly on jab range and footwork.. circling dancing and snapping the jab. and when i want to throw bigger punches i go for a softer bag. only when wrist is damaged that is.