View Full Version : Most effective upper body workouts

NYC
04-24-2006, 07:42 PM
What are the best workouts to tone your pecks and upper body region?

lil rocky
04-24-2006, 07:49 PM
bench press would probably be the best but i use dumbells for my chest and also do some flys

Dempseyistheman
04-25-2006, 10:22 AM
Pushups and dips work well for me

LightsOut Le
04-25-2006, 09:00 PM
push ups pull up chin ups

Amar
04-25-2006, 09:47 PM
I like Pullups, Chinups, and Dips.

I used to do Hand Stand Pushups but I think it puts to much stress on your shoulders, I stopped doing them after I started getting some pain in my shoulders.

yrrej
04-25-2006, 10:47 PM
You need a body builder board. Looks at the best fighters, especially in the small weight classes. Half of them don't even have pecs....

-Nova-
04-25-2006, 10:52 PM
I usually clean lift, then do reps of lifting the weight over my head. Works out the shoulders, triceps, and pecs. Its real similar to bench pressing, except reduce the weight.

Kid Achilles
04-26-2006, 12:36 AM
Hindu pushups give me a great workout. I usually feel it the next day in the traps, shoulders, pecs, and lats.

El Sniper
04-26-2006, 01:14 AM
Push-ups for your chest, back and triceps
Chin-ups for your back
Pull-ups for your biceps
Dips for your triceps
Side way pull-ups for your shoulders
All of these develope strength and endurance.

.::EnRiQuE::.
04-26-2006, 01:25 AM
masturbation helps ur forearm muscles....you can get a serious workout like dat

RwK
04-26-2006, 04:31 AM
Pushups, Peck Deck and Frontal pulldowns dude.

I can never stress enough to people the benefit of doing frontal, and rear pulldowns consecutively.

You're working your back and upper chest. Increase weight on the peck deck (butterfly extensions) but don't do too much weight. Because you aren't working a damn thing if you try and push yourself.

Start off with really low weight, and do tons of reps. You don't even have to ****ing count.

Increase the weight and keep doing them untill you fail. That's not a strength building excersise and I really don't give a **** about strength.

We're discussing fitness here.

If you want to get massive and stronger.....then bench freeweights. That's not my thing however.

Do pushups, frontal pulldowns, and hit the peck deck.

Do situps untill you can't stand it anymore, and when you aren't doing anything....Do situps and pushups.

All day, everyday if you have the chance. **** routine.

Oh and you know what man? Don't forget the Roman Chair method of doing situps. I don't care what people tell you about "Your back" that's a load of bull****

Keep your head level and you wont strain your back. Do that **** all day long and you even build leg muscles in the process.

Hunna
04-26-2006, 08:21 AM

i tried that one bro, it relaxes my muscles bro, not builds.

Kid Achilles
04-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Pulldowns and pullups are both great exercises. The back is much more important than the pecs. I mean, your back is what allows you to walk upright for God's sake. I've seen a pro fighter who was missing his right pec (yes completely missing it, I believe it was a birth defect) and he did alright for himself and could punch pretty hard with that hand. I have never heard of a fighter who was missing some of the muscles in his back.

hemichromis
04-27-2006, 08:54 AM

Finally! an excuse!!!!

wiso2008
04-27-2006, 10:22 AM
masturbation-->You get Vaseline and a Timer 3 Minute rounds start with slow first than when your about to finish go fast strong is good workout....LOLO