View Full Version : Medicine Ball

SovietExpress
04-21-2006, 03:27 PM
What are some good medincine ball training exercises for many different body parts? But mostly is the medicine ball worth using?

jason100x
04-21-2006, 03:36 PM
The medicine ball is an excellent workout tool. Just a few exercises you can do: putting it between your legs and doing crunches, throwing it in the air and catching it repeatedly, squats with the medicine ball between the legs, hold it out in front of the body and swing left and right rapidly, pushups with the hands on the medicine ball. Those are just a few exercises you can try.

yrrej
04-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Have your friend climb up on the roof and drop it on your abs....

Kid Achilles
04-21-2006, 11:49 PM
I prefer to tear bits of the leather out with my teeth. It's superb jaw muscle training.

AlexisA
04-22-2006, 12:37 AM
put the ball on the floor. Then lay down on top of it with you stomach. Put your hand behind your back and keep your face from touching the ground.

Now roll on the ball, up and down and side to side. You'll have to balance yourself on it. Keep your legs spread a little and move around moving you ankles.

LoftyDog
04-22-2006, 03:38 AM
You can do some good exercises with the medicine ball but the workout I mostly do with it is drop it on my stomach 20 times and then hit myself with it another 20 times real quick, do a couple sets of that.

opethdrums
04-22-2006, 11:01 AM
medicine ball is a big part of my workout.. its really given me power in the twisting motions for hooks and uppercuts.

SovietExpress
04-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Well, Im looking into this because I need to lay off the heavy weights because it makes me bulky and therefore slow. So, Im just looking for something to tighten muscles but not neccesary build them up to much.

Kid Achilles
04-22-2006, 03:25 PM
You don't want to tighten your muscles, that's what slows you down. The key to speed and fluid movement is relaxation and thinking quick and fluid. You are probably tensing your muscles as you throw punches. Tension will take a lot of speed out of your punches.

opethdrums
04-22-2006, 03:39 PM
lifting weights does slow you down, doesnt mean you wont heal stronger but for about a week after hard lifting you will be slow and tire faster.