Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does he get away with murder? Twice!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does he get away with murder? Twice!

DON KING

Trouble with the Law
    Originally posted by Wikipedia
    Prior to entering the world of boxing, King was a con man and numbers racketeer in Cleveland, Ohio. In 1954, King shot and killed a man attempting to rob one of his ******** houses; the death was ruled a "justifiable homicide," despite the fact that King had shot him in the back.

In 1966, King was convicted of stomping to death an employee who owed him $600. Although he then embarked on a campaign of hush money payments and witness intimidation, he was convicted of second degree murder and given a life sentence. The judge reduced the conviction to nonnegligent manslaughter. Some found this ruling su****ious, as it was made during a private meeting with King's attorney in the judge's chambers, without the presence of the prosecutor or a court stenographer.

King has been investigated for possible connections with organized crime. During a 1992 Senate investigation King took the Fifth ********* when questioned about his connection to mobster John Gotti. In public, however, he has responded to mob allegations by calling them racist.
    Lawsuites
    Originally posted by Wikipedia
    Muhammad Ali
    In 1980, Muhammad Ali sued King for underpaying him $1.2 million for a fight with Larry Holmes. Ali settled for $50,000.

Tim Witherspoon
    Tim Witherspoon sued King and won $900,000.

Mike Tyson
    Mike Tyson sued King for $100 million. It was settled out of court for around 10-14 million.

Lennox Lewis
    In May 2003, King was sued by Lennox Lewis, who wants $385 million from the promoter, claiming King used threats to pull Tyson away from a rematch with Lewis.

Lloyd's of London
    Insurance company Lloyd's of London sued King for $350,000, claiming insurance fraud in a Julio Cesar Chavez fight that was cancelled. King was acquitted. He later took jury members on an all-expense paid trip to the Ba*****.
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/kingmug1.html

Whats his secret?

...Nevermind...
    This made me LOL.

Last edited by Hous; 04-20-2006, 10:23 PM.

Don King has been exposed. If you didin't know it by now....then you do. I'll be quite honest with you though, I have mixed feelings about the guy.

he does so much bad for boxing, but he does so much good.

I mean seriously.....and I'm not going to start a discussion that involves me defending him.

But let me finish by stating he has resurrected boxing on several occasions, and killed it on others.

Never pay again for live ***! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

i swear he gotta be like a billionaire by now,he jus gotta be

Comment

Mike Tyson is an idiot, he could have got the $100million but his lawyers were afraid to put him on the stand so they settled. With the $100 mil his debt problems would have been solved, and this was a few years ago as well just shows what a ****** the guy is.

Comment

so, nobody yet has brought up his completely rigged boxing tournament yet?

maybe it's before some of you people's time, but in the 1980's, he was caught(exposed) completely rigging a tournament.

it might be hard to get info on, i haven't really checked yet, but i do remember a piece on tv about it.

Comment

Its amazing that he gets away with most of it too. Theres no way Tyson blew that much money without Don King stealing it. He does it to a lot of people. He signs them and gives them a title shot, but in the long run they get ****ed.

Comment

found just a bit on that rigged tourney - so it actually took place in the 1970's, however i took notice of it in the 1980's.

source - http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/dkoia.htm

it's about half-way through the article. i believe in the paragraph mentioning the things that "only in america" had glossed over.

Comment

Working...
              X