No announcement yet.

more power to my punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more power to my punches

im new to boxing and i just wanted to know like just in case i got into a street fight at school or suttin some ways to make my punches more powerful. when i p i use alot of knuckle in to it like tilt my fist a lil bit so it causes more pain and i just want more power.

Originally posted by Pri/\/\e
    im new to boxing and i just wanted to know like just in case i got into a street fight at school or suttin some ways to make my punches more powerful. when i p i use alot of knuckle in to it like tilt my fist a lil bit so it causes more pain and i just want more power.
    There is no honor in fighting in the streets. I mean what does it prove and what does it accomplish. Self defense is a different matter entirely. If your noit getting paid to fight than you are just storkin' your ego with people on the street that know little about fighting.

Rockin'

Comment

im not talkin about just walking up to people and fighting im just saying in case some guy starts **** with me or something

Comment

In that case, to hell with punching just grab the nearest bottle.

Comment

Harden your knuckles....

Comment

You wont learn a thing really about fighting on the internet. I mean, it might help you to practice but the only way you really learn to fight is to fight. Find a gym near you and get to work if you want to learn to fight.

Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Pri/\/\e
              well, your motives are strange, but to increase power a good exercise is to hit a heavy bag. continuous work on a heavy bag will increase the power of your punches.

the triceps are the muscles with propell your arm in a punch, so try to work these up (press ups strengthen the triceps). but power comes primarily from shifting your weight. your arm is just like a pole than you channel your weight through to hit the opponent.

power isnt all muscular, it is technique. master the technique of punching and it will pack much more power.

Comment

first of all, how old are you?

and saying that you're new to boxing, then don't you already have a coach?

remember, boxing can be used as self-defence, but martial arts is more well rounded - providing you find the right guide. and boxing competitively is completely different than what generally happens in street fights.

Comment

^ Ichi The Killer is a sick movie, I just had to put that in...

Street Fights leave u feeling empty after a while... no glory in being king of street fights.

Comment

honestly if your not an ******* to people i don't see a reason that anybody would just come up to you and start ****

but if it does happen a good way is to just get your adrenaline pumping. Just get pissed off and go into like a frame of mind when you feel your gunna go crazy

remember this would suck in a boxing match but in a street fight just go wild with hooks and get your weight behind them.

Comment

Working...
                    X