View Full Version : This question is for all the boxers and trainers.

The Coagulator
04-20-2006, 11:04 AM
If you were an up and coming cutman...what steps would you take to promote yourself? What if anything would you specifically NOT do in trying to expose your skills.

Verstyle
04-20-2006, 11:07 AM
If you were an up and coming cutman...what steps would you take to promote yourself? What if anything would you specifically NOT do in trying to expose your skills.

i wouldnt brag about myself, i would let my skills do the bragging for me. cause bragging is amatuerish that means ppl obviously arnt really paying attention to your skills so u gotta show them by bragging

Rockin'
04-20-2006, 11:09 AM
In this forum you will not find the connections that you need Coagulator, very very few people in here are in the game. Your doing the right thing by going to gyms and showing them what your about. Your meeting people in the game right now, thats all that you have to do. Work hard to get your name out there and it will fall into place. You need people in the game to know you at this point, the fans of boxing are almost obsolete in your venture. You'll get there dude, we'll get there.

Rockin' :boxing:

Scottie2Hottie
04-20-2006, 11:10 AM
knife someone then patch em up just to prove a point.

lol, im jk. you were in the corps, i bet your skills and credentials speak for themselves.

Rockin'
04-20-2006, 11:12 AM
knife someone then patch em up just to prove a point.

lol, im jk. you were in the corps, i bet your skills and credentials speak for themselves.

Man, you say some funny stuff. You are one of the few people that really get me laughing in here. I love it!!!!

The Coagulator
04-20-2006, 11:41 AM
I hear ya! What I was lookin' for was maybe some fresh ideas. Once I made the decision to go after this dream, it took 1 and 1/2 years just to find someone who had been there before to mentor me. My mentor/trainer is in ill health and cant get out there with me for me to be seen with him and since he has been out of the business for some years now his connections are limited. I've got a lot of money invested in my trainer and my stuff and its been a year since my training bgan so I have been at this for 2 1/2 years and my patience is wearing thin and getting more and more frustrating by the day. Rockin you know I have some coals in the fire and you know who it's with, but the waiting is killing me. A funny one my dad said was take one of my brothers in the gym and punch him in the face till he cuts and then fix em in front of everyone...too funny. I just thought maybe a fresh perspective could help me get some ideas to help build my network of fighters... someone mentioned bragging wont help...Rockin you know I'm not that type of person and I dont need to brag...I just need a chance to be seen...I've always been an impatient one but 2 and 1/2 years is a long time for my first real shot...I have spoke to other fellow cutman who had championship fights within 3 years...

Rockin'
04-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Patients is a core value needed if you are to succeed in any part of boxing.

When I go to different gyms with my boy I suggest that you come along and meet the other people in the game. The more people you know the better. How you present yourself is key as is remembering the intuitive feelings that are generated inside of you by the people that you meet.

The Coagulator
04-20-2006, 12:08 PM
hey mistya...thanks

PunchDrunk
04-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Good lookin' out Rockin!