View Full Version : Sprints

6OVER6LORD6
04-19-2006, 12:31 AM
Holy **** man, I've ran and swam for my cardio most of the time I train for boxing, but today I tried sprints for the first time. My legs are seriously about to fall off lol Never had a reason to run full blast before. I think I may have fainted at the park from going so hard.........and for somereason my ******* hurts, and is sticky

Verstyle
04-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Holy **** man, I've ran and swam for my cardio most of the time I train for boxing, but today I tried sprints for the first time. My legs are seriously about to fall off lol Never had a reason to run full blast before. I think I may have fainted at the park from going so hard.........and for somereason my ******* hurts, and is sticky

was this the guy u last sawhttp://pics9.face-pic.com/pics/p/a/painter_gay_guy.1.jpg if so im sorry for u. :)

6OVER6LORD6
04-19-2006, 12:44 AM
was this the guy u last sawhttp://pics9.face-pic.com/pics/p/a/painter_gay_guy.1.jpg if so im sorry for u. :)

lol, does he smell likes cherries?

Smokin'
04-19-2006, 12:48 AM
haha, what a *****. I did sprints all the ****in time when I played soccer and it helped me immensely in boxing.

LightsOut Le
04-19-2006, 01:12 AM
hahaha thats a great picture.....

anywayyyy...i can barely do sprints...my feet cant take the ****en pounding man..i jsut jog and run real fast...and ill run top speed. and jsut jump off let my heart recover then jump back on fast as hell...your supposed ot make your heart speed and and recover...thats the point of sprints right???

yrrej
04-19-2006, 06:54 AM
You passed out in the park and got raped....

enadeus
04-19-2006, 10:32 AM
After playing basketball for a few hours or doing cardio work in the gym, there is a hill to get back to my dorms maybe about 45 degree angle elecated and 250 feet I'd guess, I have no idea. I sprint up that hill after intense workouts, I think it would build up more staminia and cop into all that reserve fat even more.

Hunna
04-19-2006, 11:11 AM
hahaha thats a great picture.....

anywayyyy...i can barely do sprints...my feet cant take the ****en pounding man..i jsut jog and run real fast...and ill run top speed. and jsut jump off let my heart recover then jump back on fast as hell...your supposed ot make your heart speed and and recover...thats the point of sprints right???

u can barely do sprints? man, i cant live without them, its the only exercise i do off-season and during season / all year round.

since, improving my speed, my athletic and boxing ability has increased substantially, I can run in the 11s over the 100( on grass),cant wait 2 see my time when i run on a proper track.

LightsOut Le
04-19-2006, 11:39 AM
did you build up to it??or id you jsut go balls out your first time???

im slowly asdding it to my regimen

6OVER6LORD6
04-19-2006, 11:55 AM
did you build up to it??or id you jsut go balls out your first time???

im slowly asdding it to my regimen

I jogged 2 miles first, stretched, then did some 40 yard sprints as hard as I could

Two Fisted Piston
04-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Shaddup and try this:

Treadmill Run
Begin with a one-minute jog at zero incline. Then do the following sprints, slashing the speed between sprints for 30 seconds at 11.0 kmph while keeping w/e incline level your at
12.8 kmph at 5% incline Two 30-second sprints
13.6 kmph at 8% Two 30-second sprints
14.4 kmph at 10% Two 30-second sprints
15.2 kmph at 12% Two 20-second sprints
16 kmph at 13.5% Two 20-second sprints
16.8 kmph at 15% Two 15-second sprints

I can only get to 14.4 and Ive been doin it alot and beleive me you will be bolloxed! Its gets u fit as **** though!

Smokin'
04-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Running on a treadmill is pointless. If anything, you should run outside or on a track because your exerting much more energy and it's a lot harder - thus getting you into shape easier.

Two Fisted Piston
04-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Running on a treadmill is pointless. If anything, you should run outside or on a track because your exerting much more energy and it's a lot harder - thus getting you into shape easier.
What the **** wud u know? Dumb****!
How is it usless? It ****in works!
Ive been usin this for about 6 months now and its perfect for amatuer traing u ****in *******!

tebe6sm
04-19-2006, 08:55 PM
one of my favorites aside from hill sprints is if you have a track around, sprint the legs and jog the turns for 5 laps.

Hunna
04-19-2006, 09:35 PM
What the **** wud u know? Dumb****!
How is it usless? It ****in works!
Ive been usin this for about 6 months now and its perfect for amatuer traing u ****in *******!

u gotta admit bro, u cant beat the real thing, running on track or grass is better.

LoftyDog
04-20-2006, 04:56 AM
Try an interval workout...switch between sprinting and jogging, using a slow jog to recover in between sprints. Just pick a piont up ahead and sprint to it, pick another point and jog to it ect. The longer your spring the longer rest you give yourself; you can switch up the distances, make it fun. In track one of the best (or worst) workouts was 12 sets of 1 quarter mile sprints, 1 min. rest in between each. Thats a great workout but you have to work up to it.