View Full Version : Check out my video

El Sniper
04-17-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm still in Iraq so we don't have a ring. The object of the sparring game was to try and stay in the black box. To be fair, I barely used my right hand because of an injury but the guy wanted to box so we sparred. I just started boxing again so I was rusty. I'm the guy in the shorts. Your constructive critisicm is welcomed. Try not to be rude. Enjoy!

http://www.grouper.com/Members/Profile/349745

AlexisA
04-17-2006, 04:17 PM
cool. Looks like something creative to do with your time.

Which one are you?

El Sniper
04-17-2006, 04:19 PM
cool. Looks like something creative to do with your time.

Which one are you?

Lol! Thanx! Instead of fighting insergents we fought each other. I'm the one in the shorts.

RAESAAD
04-17-2006, 04:29 PM
I would have to say honestly he won the round but you have a good jab and a right hand injury.It appeared the couple of times you did use your right that you could have handled him if you had your right 100%.He also appeared to be tiring kind of quickly but those are just my brief observations.......You look like you can fight pretty good at 100%. :boxing:

PunchDrunk
04-17-2006, 04:34 PM
Try not to put your weight on your back foot so much... You leave your chin in the air, doing that, and it's hard to slip punches and counter. You could vary between head and body punches more, to confuse him a little bit. He's taller and has longer reach, and although you look like a better fighter, he's giving you trouble because of it. If you work on those things, you could dominate him, even without having to blast him, but simply by outboxing him.

Hey, good work, both of you though! ;)

El Sniper
04-17-2006, 04:34 PM
I would have to say honestly he won the round but you have a good jab and a right hand injury.It appeared the couple of times you did use your right that you could have handled him if you had your right 100%.He also appeared to be tiring kind of quickly but those are just my brief observations.......You look like you can fight pretty good at 100%. :boxing:

Yeah I'm OK at 100%. At the end I TKOed him with a jab. The camera angle didn't really catch that. And yeah he got tired. If that kid worked on his conditioning he could be better. I got caught mostly when he came after me while I tried to stay in the box. Thanks for the props. I'll try to post my next one when my arm heals up.

El Sniper
04-17-2006, 04:36 PM
Try not to put your weight on your back foot so much... You leave your chin in the air, doing that, and it's hard to slip punches and counter. You could vary between head and body punches more, to confuse him a little bit. He's taller and has longer reach, and although you look like a better fighter, he's giving you trouble because of it. If you work on those things, you could dominate him, even without having to blast him, but simply by outboxing him.

Hey, good work, both of you though! ;)

Much appreciated.

Southpaw16
04-17-2006, 04:58 PM
you are pretty quick with your left hand. Since you have a bit of natural hand speed, hopefully you can put some quick combinations together when your right hand heals.

El Sniper
04-17-2006, 05:04 PM
you are pretty quick with your left hand. Since you have a bit of natural hand speed, hopefully you can put some quick combinations together when your right hand heals.

Thanx. It's not my hand but it's my shoulder. It came out when I sparred this other kid the day prior. I won that one too BTW. After I popped it back in I threw jabs and hooks with my left until he quit. These guys don't box but they claim to have learned how to fight in the streets.

AlexisA
04-17-2006, 05:46 PM
you need to use your hips to move you upper body side to side instead of moving yourself backwards, and don't reach.

Need to work on you counter punching.

one thing you should try is boxing him. Jump at hit and drop a quick combination then back out of his range. Also you got work on you foot work, remeber to twist your feet.

don't be afraid to get down low.

tDeL999
04-17-2006, 06:08 PM
You should keep you left up, youre throwing from down around you ankles.

Pugnacious_Z
04-18-2006, 08:58 AM
i hate boxing in areas where theres no ropes or walls, its very annoying. But to comment on the video, the guy you were boxing looked like a complete beginner, was that his first time sparring? you beat him cause you like you actually know what your doing instead of looking like a robot like him

El Sniper
04-18-2006, 02:51 PM
i hate boxing in areas where theres no ropes or walls, its very annoying. But to comment on the video, the guy you were boxing looked like a complete beginner, was that his first time sparring? you beat him cause you like you actually know what your doing instead of looking like a robot like him

Actually he is a beginner. He told me that he could beat me just because nobody could beat him at his other unit. My guess is that those guys were just swinging and he was the better brawler. After the sparring match, he admitted to me that he didn't think I could box at all. He has a new found respect for "The Sweet Science" and trains with me once in a while. BTW we are building a make-shift ring so my next video should be more intersting.

yrrej
04-18-2006, 10:23 PM
The guy with black gloves doesn't know how to box. The guy in blue gloves is too tentative. He should be pressuring and dominating the fight, as he is obviously much stronger and a better technician.

El Sniper
04-19-2006, 05:27 AM
The guy in the blue gloves is me and yes I was tentative because...

1-I didn't want to hurt the guy. Unless he hurt me.

2-It's only sparring. It wasn't actual competition.

3-I wasn't too concerned with his boxing because he is a begginer.

4-You can't really tell from the camera angle but after he got me with a good shot at the end, I ended it by delivering a strong jab which TKOed him.

NOTE: I wasn't trying to crush him. Just train a little. I wish he would have went at least three rounds. Also, I was just trying to school him a little because he doubted me. I don't want to kill my own soldier. LOL!

Manfredo Jr
04-19-2006, 12:36 PM
tht was good , you both had a good defence and good jabs.
so i take it your out in iraq for the war? whts ur possition in the army or wht ever u r in? ;) :cool:

El Sniper
04-19-2006, 12:46 PM
tht was good , you both had a good defence and good jabs.
so i take it your out in iraq for the war? whts ur possition in the army or wht ever u r in? ;) :cool:

Thank you, Nazfan. I'm a Sergeant(Team Leader) in the US Army.

lookin4achamp?
04-19-2006, 12:50 PM
i am so good, better then u. i beat u then i beat ur friend cause i am champ

El Sniper
04-19-2006, 01:00 PM

Ok man. Lets not get carried away. I've seen your little videos and I saw no opponents. Try and convince someone by posting your boxing skills against someone else.

Southpaw Stinger
04-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Pretty good work in there man. You got a great left hand, it's fast and quite accurate. You should work on your left hook and some combinations and then you'll be able to dominate more. You mentioned your right hand is injured so there is a reason why the right hand was held back a bit, but thats understandable.
Just work on cutting off the ring, improving your footwork and using your quick hands to do some damage!

Good luck bro.

chris_cov
04-19-2006, 02:18 PM

lol this guy cracks me up.

El Sniper
04-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Pretty good work in there man. You got a great left hand, it's fast and quite accurate. You should work on your left hook and some combinations and then you'll be able to dominate more. You mentioned your right hand is injured so there is a reason why the right hand was held back a bit, but thats understandable.
Just work on cutting off the ring, improving your footwork and using your quick hands to do some damage!

Good luck bro.

Thank you. That was good advice. I promise to post another video as soon as the make-shift ring is built. My arm feels allot better now so when we throw some corners and ropes in the mix it should be interesting. I'm suppost to spar with this giant dude (6,5" 230lbs)in a few days.