View Full Version : Get in shape contest with Joeboxer.

joeboxer
04-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Hey everybody. The purpose of this thread is because I have gotten quite out of shape recently. I hurt my foot last year from running too much.

I had kept trying to make 160 for boxing, and I was really only drinking V8 most days, and I ran way way too much so I hurt my foot and metabolism.

Now I weigh almost 200 pounds! But my foot is ok again, and I am ready to get back into shape and keep to a diet.

Anyone who wants to do this with me is welcome to join in. THe contest will run for 6 weeks, and at the end there will be a poll to decide the winner. I really hope someone joins in. I think the contest should run about 6 weeks.

I will post my before and after pics, along with my daily workout schedule and my diet. I hope others will do the same.

If no one else is interested I will start the contest by myself on Monday April 17,2006.

bigdlb12
04-14-2006, 07:46 PM
**** man, I'll do it with cha

I use to run a long time ago

I am 5'8" and was at 145lbs, now I am i think 210lbs, I need to get down some

Ranger2408
04-14-2006, 07:51 PM
If i had the money i would do it with you, i need to get to 180+.
6 foot and 160 and pretty skinny right now

Scottie2Hottie
04-14-2006, 08:12 PM
id do it, but im gettin close to being really lean, i dont have that much to lose.

joeboxer
04-14-2006, 08:13 PM
If i had the money i would do it with you, i need to get to 180+.
6 foot and 160 and pretty skinny right now

you don't need money to workout or eat healthy man. :(
you should do it with us.

I am going to ask Axony, Tracy Lee, and Momita to be the judges of the before and after pics, so hopefully they will do it.

joeboxer
04-14-2006, 08:15 PM
id do it, but im gettin close to being really lean, i dont have that much to lose.

It can be a general body transformation contest if you want. Not just weight loss, more importantly fat loss, and muscle gain!

!! Anorak
04-14-2006, 08:17 PM
You my man and partner in crime, Joe, you know dat. But all I can say is... you fat bastard.

joeboxer
04-14-2006, 08:21 PM
You my man and partner in crime, Joe, you know dat. But all I can say is... you fat bastard.

hahahhahahah. you want in on this party. you know Limey's are invited.

nomercy90
04-14-2006, 09:17 PM
I'll do it man, I used to be really thin but I went on these meds that make you hungry as hell, just tell me where to post the before pic

joeboxer
04-14-2006, 11:36 PM
I'll do it man, I used to be really thin but I went on these meds that make you hungry as hell, just tell me where to post the before pic

we can keep all the stuff in this thread during the contest.

Then for the judging, we will make a new thread with a poll so that the boxingscene users can vote!... Although there will be the 3 official female judges hopefully.

IAMTHEGREATEST
04-14-2006, 11:58 PM
ill join dis **** im 180 tryin to hit 160

joeboxer
04-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Drinking his lite beer, because he thinks somehow that will help.

Feel free to make fun of this fatass, all you want. Hopefully it will inspire him to not be such a fat ass.

Gio
04-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Im in... 5'9 170. trying to get down to 150.

Scottie2Hottie
04-15-2006, 02:54 AM
maybe not necessarily a contest but a comparison? once i hit 130, ill show you a before (when i was 250) and after shot.

Smokin'
04-15-2006, 03:01 AM
holy crap saq, you musta been a fat ass...

and I'm 6'0 180, wanna get down to 160-165. Only problem is, I don't know all this pic ****..

Dyl-G
04-15-2006, 04:20 AM
i dont start boxing for a while and im not in too bad of shape, but im 140 trying to get back to 130-135, ill join in, and pics soon

El Sniper
04-15-2006, 08:14 AM
OK thanks for the invite, Joe. As soon as I can figure out how to post attachments. The site tells me I don't have that privelage. I'm new to the whole PC thing so can anyone help me with that? I also try to post pics of myself on my Avatar but it tells me it's too big. What do I do? If I can manage to do that I would be more than happy to. I think I can win. If I don't, I'll still loose weight.

Scottie2Hottie
04-15-2006, 02:40 PM
holy crap saq, you musta been a fat ass...

and I'm 6'0 180, wanna get down to 160-165. Only problem is, I don't know all this pic ****..

lol, i was clinically obese. i lost so much weight over last summer that when i saw people from high school they barely recognized me.

RyanSpaulding
04-15-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm down. I go to Hawaii in 6 weeks so this works perfect.

I'm at 177lbs right now. I've got decent muscle so I'm going to try to reach 165lbs by then and just transform into more fit. I'll take a before pic tomorrow.

CUFreeze
04-15-2006, 04:33 PM
I'll join in. I am 6'0 165 and am just trying to basically get in better shape and cut up a lot more. I am already lifting, hitting the heavy bag and playing lots of basketball. I need to go at it a lot more seriously though. I have been slacking off on the lifting and hitting the bag. Basketball has gotten me in decent shape but I still have a lot of room for improvement.

Verstyle
04-15-2006, 04:38 PM
put me in also. i need to go down 15 or 20 pounds. :)

Dyl-G
04-15-2006, 05:13 PM
lol, i was clinically obese. i lost so much weight over last summer that when i saw people from high school they barely recognized me.

do you have any before and after pics, im interested in the change, thats got to be pretty drastic

El Sniper
04-15-2006, 05:43 PM
if you check my website. www.geocities.com/stvn_sierra/combatives.html you can see how i look now. If you click on mugshots and follow the instructions you can see a picture of me before. I think I titled it "Fattening Up"

Scottie2Hottie
04-15-2006, 05:48 PM
i dont have any on my comp, id have to scan an older one. but yeah, once i hit 130 im gonna post the 250 and the new me.

Smokin'
04-15-2006, 10:29 PM
must be a big confidence booster for you. One thing I always wondered is how people are fat asses or they let themselves be fat asses. If I was a fat ass I would diet my ass off and work as hard as ever to lose the weight.

El Sniper
04-16-2006, 04:26 AM
must be a big confidence booster for you. One thing I always wondered is how people are fat asses or they let themselves be fat asses. If I was a fat ass I would diet my ass off and work as hard as ever to lose the weight.

Actually theres people out there that can't loose the weight because of a medical condition. I don't have a problem wokingout or running. When I was fat 210 I found out my ex was ****in some other dude and I drank heavily. It wasn't until I got a chick that works out that I started workingout again. She didn't push me but she looked fit so I got back into boxing and exercize. I still drink though. She loves the new body even though she loved me anyway but she hates the bloody noses. LOL!

nomercy90
04-16-2006, 03:15 PM
I don't know if anyone really cares but I feel like telling how I got fat.

I used to be ripped, but I got fat for a few reasons. I used to play sports all the time and always be going somewhere with friends so I was always active, but I got into some trouble and I got taken away and when I came home I wasn't allowed to leave home for pretty much anything except school(and when I was at school I always had to have someone watching me) or therapy so I was bored and I ate alot. But when I got my **** together I was still eating alot because they put me on some new meds that made me hungry all the time. But I started boxing and I really want to lose the weight so I can have some fights.

I will try to post some pics soon

AlexisA
04-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Count me in!

Want to lose 15lbs. Can it be done in 6 weeks?

I'm 195lbs give or a take 2lb's been stuck here for a while now. I want to get down to 180.

I'll take pictures now and and in 6 weeks post them. maybe we should list our workouts schedule and diets too. Would be nice to see what others do.

Are you going to start a new thread for this? Maybe list everyones name who is going to do this.

armani_model
04-16-2006, 03:31 PM
I weigh like 130 last year and i never ran...

A year on im still lazy and i probs weigh less den dat now! How gay!

I would join in but i think i would dissapear...

El Sniper
04-17-2006, 03:37 AM
Day 1-1 can of V8 for breakfast,1 can of white tuna for lunch and a sensible dinner with Turkey,Ham and 1-scoop of brown rice. It was Easter!

thegimmick
06-21-2008, 02:13 PM
i need to loose abit of weight so might aswell join are people posting there workout routine and diet plans aswell?