View Full Version : Is there hope...?

kevin18wishin21
04-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Lets see...I'm 18, never really been good at fighting. I'll scrap, dont get me wrong. I know I can take a punch, just never had much success on the streets.

But I dunno, something inside has to get into this sport. When I watch it on TV, I'm not that interested. When I hear people talking about it on threads...it doesnt seem too appealing. But God damnit I want to box!!!

So yea, im not overweight. I'm average, I'm about to quit smoking too. Not real strong, not real fast, not much reach, kinda stocky too. I can take any hit, I guess thats always a plus. So basically what I'm asking is...

Can a useless **** like me ever get into boxing and become good at it?

Thank you,
Kevin

pug1986
04-13-2006, 11:15 PM
short answer yes. boxing is a disciplined sport so you can pretty much forget about 'the street'. I believe that if you dedicate your life to boxing and stay disciplined that even a less gifted athlete can do well given he has the heart. also I'd just stay away from here cause theres alot of wannabes.

kevin18wishin21
04-13-2006, 11:21 PM
I apreciate the advice. A lot of kids want to box because they look at boxing as just kicking someones ass. But I've watched boxing matches, they kick eachothers asses alright, but they do it with finesse. Thanks for the help, I'll get into it when I can find a gym.
-Kevin-

fraidycat
04-13-2006, 11:55 PM
I am 35 and three months ago I was a wad of cookie dough and scared ****less of getting punched. The first time someone hit me really hard at the gym I threw up.

Tonight, though, I finally figured out how to slip and move -- to coordinate my feet and my head and my parries. It felt amazing. I felt like a dancer. If you're disciplined, and you do what your coach tells you, it'll come. If I can learn how to do this, you can.

fabzmm
04-14-2006, 02:14 AM
yea theres a chance im gonna take up boxing soon

Glove_Game_Hero
04-14-2006, 10:51 AM
yeah, if you got heart, you got all you need, everything else will fall into place. You gotta think you can, if you think you can you will, if you think you cant, you wont.

yrrej
04-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Hope springs eternal! Who gives a sh*t what anybody else thinks. You practice something real hard, and you get better. "Glory Road" ought to be required reading for every modern athlete....

Southpaw Stinger
04-14-2006, 05:25 PM

NO

You need to have confidence in yourself first and you need to be prepared to work harder than you ever have before. You say you can take punches on the street? Do you think you can take repeated blows from a trained experienced boxer?
And to be great you have to live and breath the sport.

But if you are willing to work hard and not give up, then yes you can become a good boxer.

Good luck.

Sttuddahboy619
04-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Lets see...I'm 18, never really been good at fighting. I'll scrap, dont get me wrong. I know I can take a punch, just never had much success on the streets.

But I dunno, something inside has to get into this sport. When I watch it on TV, I'm not that interested. When I hear people talking about it on threads...it doesnt seem too appealing. But God damnit I want to box!!!

So yea, im not overweight. I'm average, I'm about to quit smoking too. Not real strong, not real fast, not much reach, kinda stocky too. I can take any hit, I guess thats always a plus. So basically what I'm asking is...

Thank you,
Kevin
Practice makes Perfect!!!

B.relampago
04-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Prolly not,if ur not good at fightig,get hit a lot,and are stocky and not to strong. U will be hit a lot and prollt suffer some bad damage. And if the sport dont interest u then u prolly wont be able to do it. Boxing isnt jus fighting homey,there is so much shyt done u neva seen in the streets,it is a sport. Nigas will punch harder,hit u w/ combos,COUNTER PUNCHES,good defense,its jus a whole new ball game from the streets. I dunno,from what u said i jus dont think u have what it takes to box.

opethdrums
04-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Prolly not,if ur not good at fightig,get hit a lot,and are stocky and not to strong. U will be hit a lot and prollt suffer some bad damage. And if the sport dont interest u then u prolly wont be able to do it. Boxing isnt jus fighting homey,there is so much shyt done u neva seen in the streets,it is a sport. Nigas will punch harder,hit u w/ combos,COUNTER PUNCHES,good defense,its jus a whole new ball game from the streets. I dunno,from what u said i jus dont think u have what it takes to box.

he's right
http://f00kie.com/pics/you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

tDeL999
04-15-2006, 08:25 PM
negative basterd, he can do whatever the **** he wants if he tries, anyone can

kevin18wishin21
04-15-2006, 09:03 PM
he's right
http://f00kie.com/pics/you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

hmm...you two must be the posers that other guy was talking about.

Well...after thinking about it, I believe I can do it. I'm gonna do some kind of fight sport, because I love fighting. I'm not as bad as I made myself sound, I believe. We'll see, for all you guys who gave me positive feedback, I deeply apreciate it, you never know because I could become the next Marciano. But to all you guys that were hating...

See yall in the ring :cool:

B.relampago
04-15-2006, 11:12 PM
negative basterd, he can do whatever the **** he wants if he tries, anyone can

Who told u that ur mommy? Face it,not every1 can do anything they want. Im being honest w/ the niga.

B.relampago
04-15-2006, 11:14 PM

Well...after thinking about it, I believe I can do it. I'm gonna do some kind of fight sport, because I love fighting. I'm not as bad as I made myself sound, I believe. We'll see, for all you guys who gave me positive feedback, I deeply apreciate it, you never know because I could become the next Marciano. But to all you guys that were hating...

What posers are y talkin bout. U betta hope u neva see me in the ring. U mentioned Marciano,do u live in the Brockton area? Cause i would gladly give u ur first sparring session.

Pugnacious_Z
04-16-2006, 01:04 AM

what did u expect mate, you come up and say how crap you are with no confidence, with that attitude you cant do ****

Smokin'
04-16-2006, 02:07 AM
Don't worry about that Brelampgo guy, he's a posing little loser who probably hasn't stepped foot in a boxing ring. If he was really 69-3, he wouldn't be talking **** on a boxing forum, he would probably have a contract with a top notch promotional team.

tDeL999
04-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Who told u that ur mommy? Face it,not every1 can do anything they want. Im being honest w/ the niga. No not everyone can do anything they want, and id agree that he couldnt if he had a heart condition or something but the only thing wrong with him is he hasnt had much physical training.

kevin18wishin21
04-16-2006, 11:43 PM
well you know. I know I'm not that self-confident at the moment. But I'm the type of person that will get in there and do it even if I dont think I can, just because I think it is right. My heart and soul is gonna be into this man.

B.relampago
04-17-2006, 12:09 AM
Don't worry about that Brelampgo guy, he's a posing little loser who probably hasn't stepped foot in a boxing ring. If he was really 69-3, he wouldn't be talking **** on a boxing forum, he would probably have a contract with a top notch promotional team.

not to long ago i had a picture of me in my avatar. It was me in the boxing ring during a BOXING MATCH IN THE RING.

wiso2008
04-17-2006, 11:10 AM
You have to have the passion for the SPORT to be good at it.And 18 is little to old to start Boxing ..I mean you can start at any age but you probably will just fight as an AMATEUR for rest of your carrer.

-Antonio-
04-17-2006, 12:43 PM
How is 18 too old to start? Please explain...

kevin18wishin21
04-17-2006, 01:23 PM
You have to have the passion for the SPORT to be good at it.And 18 is little to old to start Boxing ..I mean you can start at any age but you probably will just fight as an AMATEUR for rest of your carrer.
your wack. I know a guy who didnt start boxing until he was in his late 20s and he is a pro.

wiso2008
04-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah Iam wack as trinidad,del hoya,Mosley,PBF,Cotto,erik morales, Barrera ect.. what age they started boxing...I mean there are exeptional people out there that can become pro's at 18 or 20 but you have to have talent,dedication, and a passion for the sport.

Southpaw16
04-18-2006, 02:32 AM
Yes there is hope, just work hard. If you work hard there is hope. Simple.